July 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - glassy gloss in reflection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

YES they still make this & it is awesome! I like to put this over lotsa different lipsticks, it's iust like MAC, but if you do not like it, it wasn't a major investment (and places like walgreens would take it back returned FWIW). This gloss is so versatile & I even like it alone. WnW has got the corner on the low end market. Sooo glad they make such nice things at affordable prices. A staple for every makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Simms85

A good clear gloss in a pinch. I am a self-admitted HE snob, but am also a lipgloss addict. One fateful Saturday night, while on the train to work, I realized I forgot my lipgloss on my bathroom counter. The thought of a Saturday night with no lipgloss was horrifying to me, so I ran into the Walgreen's down the block from my bar and bought this little number.

It certainly is very thick, but no worse than MAC's lipglass. I personally like a thicker, tackier texture in a gloss, but if you are a fan of more emollient "non-sticky" glosses than you might want to skip this one. Then again, for the price, you could certainly try it out guilt free.

It also made my lips a bit numb, not unlike the way that Too Faced lip venom does. I am slightly worried about what ingredient causes this sensation. If you are sensitive to weird ingredients or have sensitive skin, be wary!

Ultimately, I think I will stick to my MAC lipglass, but if I am ever running late and forget my lipgloss, I won't hesitate in the slightest to purchase this once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cnd0020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Renamed as "Through the Looking Glass." If you're a fan of cheap and awesome glosses at all, then run--don't walk--and try this product. The price can not be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think they changed the name to "Through the Looking Glass" but it's the same product.

This stuff is awesome. It makes my lips look super shiny. No flakey dryness when it wears off either. Mumma like!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by socalgirl01

after a move most of my mac make up was destroyed/lost, and my mac lip glass was among them. I love this gloss it works in a pinch and for $2 LOVE the price even more. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice, basic clear gloss that performs the same as my clear MAC Lipglass for a sixth of the price! Itís somewhat sticky (which I donít mind, makes it last longer) and non-drying. Thereís no scent or taste. It comes in a squeeze tube with a slant-tip applicator. I will apply a tiny dab to bare lips for a natural look, or Iíll put a little over a drier lipstick or lip stain to add a bit of shine and to help Ďseal iní the color. It lasts about 2-3 hours on my lips. This is an inexpensive, excellent clear lip gloss that works well on its own or with other lip products to create an endless number of looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE 6/1/2012 - THIS gloss has been reformulated & renamed. It isnt as sticky as Reflection and they added a sickly sweet scent to it. It does remain flavorless thank goodness. Sad because I adore their previous formula for its immense healing/hydrating properties that this new one lacks. If you can get your hands on Reflection DO IT before they are truly gone ------------------------------------------------------Prepping my MAC haul wishlist for my birthday when I stumbled across reviews for this under "best value". On my MAC wishlist I needed a new tube of clear lipglass. I am sooooo glad I found this dupe instead!! $3.99 for a tube rather than $14.50 (And I got a buy one get one half off @ CVS so even cheaper!!) I will never need to return to the MAC counter for this as long as WnW makes this. It is EXACTLY the same in everyway. Same brilliant shine, same sticky texture, no scent or taste (thank goodness!) It really is the perfect dupe. I"ve been swapping back and forth using the rest of my regular lipglass then this glassy gloss & there is truly no difference. And what someone else mentioned is that it is moisturizing....YES it is. I need moisture for my lips on a constant basis. HG all the way!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by serenityks

The shine this lip gloss gives you is amazing. However, it's quite sticky and if you have slightly chapped lips, when applied it looks horrible.
When I put this on over a lipstick, it looks wonderful.
Love this lip gloss, but I wish it was less sticky. Other than that you should really get this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

High shine? Check. Emollient? Check. Love it. Yes it goes on kinda thick, but I personally like that kinda feeling when it comes to gloss. The key with this is that a little goes a long way! (and with anything, of course it's gonna look sloppy if you're putting on a ton of it!). It's so cheap, and I got it on clearance so it was even cheaper. I love to layer it over lip stains or lipsticks, and since it's clear it obviously goes with everything. Not sure if they changed the tubes, but mine came in a clear tube with a rounded navy cap- if that's what you have, just be careful when you squeeze cause the opening is a little big and more can come out than you expect. I do like how it squeezes too since dipping a wand can make the clear turn colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is every bit as good as MAC Lipglass at 1/4th the price. I have tried a lot of drugstore and high-end clear lipglosses, and this is the one I've settled on for years now. Yes, it is thick and sticky, but so is any super-shiny, long-wearing gloss. I find it more moisturizing than a lot of clear glosses due to the jojoba oil, yet the super-shiny finish isn't compromised. This is the gloss to wear when you want full-on vinyl shine that sparkles in the light, not just "sheen" or a moist look.

An added bonus, for me, is that this is fragrance-free. I love to wear this over bare lips with mascara and blush for a natural, yet polished and glamorous look.