November 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by loriprescott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Spotlight for years and years....I'm SO disappointed to find out that this product has been discontinued!! I'm even more upset finding out long after that it is no longer. Nothing would of stopped me from buying as many as I could for the future. Very disappointed in ALL of the Estee Lauder ladies at Younkers in Jackson MI for not passing this information along. I have a contact card with them and I can get calls left and right when there is a promotion going on but not when one of my favorite beauty products of all time is nearing its demise. I even called last week to ask them about it and they said they've NEVER received information from Estee Lauder that its been discontinued and they will be receiving more on there next truck. This was MY must in my makeup bag. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Jandesan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Perfectly named....I sometimes use after I put on my foundation and tap it around the outer eye area which opens up my eyes. I also tap a little over my upper lip line - looks great! Also mix with my heavier foundations which gives a nice glow. I'll probably have to always have this in my makeup arsenal...too multi-purpose to do without.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this product a few times and it works really well for me. I use it both as a primer and a highlighter. I can completely understand why this wouldn't work for all women considering it has quite a lot of pink in the luminescence. On my NW20-30 skin tone it works perfectly. It doesn't break me out or cause any sensitivity issues, and does work well to even out my complexion. I love how easily it allows my foundation to glide on, and I feel like it allows me to use less product than I normally would. I suggest going to the Estee Lauder counter and try a sample to make sure it works for you. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Spotlight is a pink pearlized cream that is designed to illuminate and perfect the skin. It can be applied under or mixed with foundation, tapped lightly on high planes of the face after foundation application for a subtle highlight.

For some reason, my knowledge of color theory went straight out the window when I used this under my makeup. Redness + pinkish pigments and a unidentified ingredient = Samantha from Sex And The City after her chemical peel. Have you seen that? Not a good look. I also found it to be grabby. MAC's Strobe Cream (a similar product) is much more smooth.

If you have redness, or you are allergic to this product, try mixing a dot of Advanced Night Repair with your liquid foundation. It's lovely...this concoction makes even Double Wear look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by dorowilson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely primer for me. It makes my smooth but slightly tired skin look beautiful, young and fresh. Despite the odd pinky colour when squeezed from the tube, the effect is subtle and fresh. - no glitter or obvious shine -just radiance. I have used it for years over moisturiser, under foundation.I've tried numerous alternatives including Laura Mercier, Benefit, Clinique but this wins hands down for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by nuvitadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was another product I WANTED to like, but just couldn't! I love the scent and the bottle! Besides that I don't like it. It seem to highlight my freckles YUCK! it made pink rings form around clusters of them. It also made blemishes appear RED! I tried it under my foundation and it completley fades after some minutes. Did not help even my skin tone

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This works OK with me--I did look a bit more luminous and I do like the squeeze bottle. What I DON'T like is that one of the main ingredients is "corn oil." I read that and was like, "What the heck?" Silicone I could understand, but I don't know what makes EL think that anyone, regardless of skin type, would want to put corn oil on her face. As a primer it's good, but I won't buy it again d/t the corn oil ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by semira01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just tried this product in-store in comparison with the others, and after getting back to work from the lunch break couldn't figure out where the funny smell is coming from! After short investigation I realized that that was the smell of Spotlight coming from my hand where it was tested.

I totally disliked the smell, and it's very identifiable even after couple of hours of application.

I would encourage everyone to try this primer in the store first, to make sure you like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

EL Spotlight is a pale pink pearl-shimmer highlighter, not a treatment. It's comparable to MAC Strobe and Nars Illuminator in Copacabana, though more of a lotion texture and it's pinker than these other two. Great as an underbrow highlighter. You can also mix it with foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

While I was looking around for skin illuminators...this was the one recommended by the store I was at so I gave it a go...the lady there applied a whole lot of the product on my face and in the store lighting, I thot I looked lyk a diva! I got home and STILL looked gorgeous with a lovely dewy look, skin felt soft and smooth, not sticky and I was pretty sure I would go back there in a few days to splurge! Well, as luck would have it, i actually broke out with just a sample! Got bumpy all over my cheeks and forehead and even then, thought...c'mooon...its estee lauder...can't be the product, it must be ME! So i ended up waiting for a week for my skin to clear with my usual regime and once my skin settled, i went back to an EL counter and tried it on without a brush this tym...jus using my (?clean) fingers. I realised its PINK which is fine...but I needed a lot of product to get that dewy look! My skin tone is a MAC NC 43-44 so that bottle wouldn't last me more than a month of regular usage where it actually shows on me! i DID love the pearlescent finish of my skin. But guess what. The cheek I used it on got bumpy all over again. Guess I won't be buying this product after all.