Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser

2.8

Active Ingredients: 2% Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Laureth-13 Carboxylate, PEG-8, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Laurate, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ascorbyl Glucoside, tocopheryl Acetate, Neem Leaf Extract, Cocomidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, BHT, Panthenol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Glycolic Acid, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Yellow No. 5, Red No. 40.

This is the worst acne cleanser I have used. So drying, and it feels like it leaves a film on your skin. Yuck!

on 8/11/2014 3:13:00 AM

This product is great for taking off medium to full coverage makeup. I use it once a day by gently massaging it over my entire face and then rinse and repeat. It removes all traces of makeup including mascara without drying my skin. I do not have acne so am unable to comment if it is effective for controlling problem skin.

on 1/26/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this product when I had bad acne, it only made it worse as it literally strips the oils from your face, the good and the bad ones.

on 12/2/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a bottle of this cleanser while in Florida to remove the heavy oily facial sunblock. It took off the sunblock, but was very drying to my skin and had to refrain from using all over my face. I used it up as a spot wash for the odd blemish.

on 8/13/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It dried my skin and only cleaned the surface. It did not get rid of any of my acne.

on 5/21/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this cleanser over 10 years ago and I remember it was totally awful. The scent is over-powering and the formula is soapy, drying, irritating, and didn't help my breakouts. I never have bought it since. There are ay better products out there.

on 5/21/2012 10:40:00 PM

This product was okay. It didn't really get rid of my acne but it did keep it at bay. It would sometimes dry out my skin if i didnt put enough moisturizer on which irritates me because then it gets flaky in specific areas of my face. I liked the smell because it wasn't too strong and smelt nice. Overall, this wasn't the best cleanser and I'm probably not gonna repurchase.

on 3/2/2012 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. I bought this a long time ago and i thought i'd do a review to warn people with sensitive skin of this product.
This dried my skin out completely!!! It looked like i had a white mask on! :'( i even tried to give it some time to adjust to my skin. nope......it made it worse. my skin started to peel! Makeup that looked natural on my skin started looking like a mask :s. I threw this away and switched to SIMPLE kind to skin refreshing wash gel. amazing!!!

on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product contains AHAs! Neutrogena has done a terrible job advertising this fact in its packaging. I only noticed this because I read all the info on the back of the bottle before purchasing.

I found the (BHA only) gel to be a touch drying and prefer this product.

I use once a day (morning) with 0.5 to 1 pump to wash my face. I massage into my skin with the pads of my fingers and let sit as long as possible before rinsing.

on 7/25/2010 4:12:00 PM

I went on the Neutrogena Skin ID website and, according to the survey I took, a salicylic acid cleanser was recommended for me. I wasn't about to order anything online, but I went to Ulta to buy a comparable Neutrogena cleanser with salicylic acid. Neutrogena had several cleansers available, but I settled on this one because I like cleansers that foam/lather like soap. Unfortunately, this foam was really foamy - which means that it was too effervescent and thin. The product simple didn't have enough substance to cleanse my skin thoroughly. In fact, after washing my face it still felt greasy. I guess I'll try another salicylic acid cleanser from Neutrogena but after this experience I won't get my hopes up. This is disheartening for me to write, because it's rare that I encounter a Neutrogena product that I don't like.