December 22, 2014 | 1560 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great for taking off medium to full coverage makeup. I use it once a day by gently massaging it over my entire face and then rinse and repeat. It removes all traces of makeup including mascara without drying my skin. I do not have acne so am unable to comment if it is effective for controlling problem skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by TiaBerry

I tried this product when I had bad acne, it only made it worse as it literally strips the oils from your face, the good and the bad ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a bottle of this cleanser while in Florida to remove the heavy oily facial sunblock. It took off the sunblock, but was very drying to my skin and had to refrain from using all over my face. I used it up as a spot wash for the odd blemish.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It dried my skin and only cleaned the surface. It did not get rid of any of my acne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I tried this cleanser over 10 years ago and I remember it was totally awful. The scent is over-powering and the formula is soapy, drying, irritating, and didn't help my breakouts. I never have bought it since. There are ay better products out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by jessicaluc

This product was okay. It didn't really get rid of my acne but it did keep it at bay. It would sometimes dry out my skin if i didnt put enough moisturizer on which irritates me because then it gets flaky in specific areas of my face. I liked the smell because it wasn't too strong and smelt nice. Overall, this wasn't the best cleanser and I'm probably not gonna repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Belle2012

I have very oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. I bought this a long time ago and i thought i'd do a review to warn people with sensitive skin of this product.
This dried my skin out completely!!! It looked like i had a white mask on! :'( i even tried to give it some time to adjust to my skin. nope......it made it worse. my skin started to peel! Makeup that looked natural on my skin started looking like a mask :s. I threw this away and switched to SIMPLE kind to skin refreshing wash gel. amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by HelenClaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product contains AHAs! Neutrogena has done a terrible job advertising this fact in its packaging. I only noticed this because I read all the info on the back of the bottle before purchasing.

I found the (BHA only) gel to be a touch drying and prefer this product.

I use once a day (morning) with 0.5 to 1 pump to wash my face. I massage into my skin with the pads of my fingers and let sit as long as possible before rinsing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I went on the Neutrogena Skin ID website and, according to the survey I took, a salicylic acid cleanser was recommended for me. I wasn't about to order anything online, but I went to Ulta to buy a comparable Neutrogena cleanser with salicylic acid. Neutrogena had several cleansers available, but I settled on this one because I like cleansers that foam/lather like soap. Unfortunately, this foam was really foamy - which means that it was too effervescent and thin. The product simple didn't have enough substance to cleanse my skin thoroughly. In fact, after washing my face it still felt greasy. I guess I'll try another salicylic acid cleanser from Neutrogena but after this experience I won't get my hopes up. This is disheartening for me to write, because it's rare that I encounter a Neutrogena product that I don't like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by AliviaJade

I bought this product a few months ago, and it worked fine. It didnt dry out my skin, which is oily, and it had lasted a long time. I wouldnt say its the best, or the worst. I probably wont buy again, just because i want to try the pink grapefruit one! But overall an okay product. It kind of feels like once you put it on it absorbs into your face and you have to use a TON to wash your face. But its a pretty good product.