August 29, 2014 | 1889 users online

Treatments (Face) - Murad - Acne Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tanbaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been having the worst case of huge pimples on my face lately. Desperate to help my skin clear up, I went to Sephora and asked for a spot treatment. The sales lady recommended this product, saying it's super popular.

So far, it has done nothing for me. :( I really wanted to like it and really really wanted the product to work. This was my first Murad product.

Some observations:

1. Dries white on skin, cannot apply under makeup as a result.
2. When it dries, it gives off a sulphuric plasticky smell. It's very distracting and not the most pleasant of smells.
3. Sephora, you disappointed me :(
4. May not work on oily skin - I have oily skin and this product did not dry up my pimples or reduce blemishes

I would recommend the spot treatment product by The Face Shop (it's a Korean brand) - I will post a separate review.

***June 28, 2014 UPDATE***
I am adding some additional lippies because this product is all about long term planning. It will not do much to even out skin tone or dry out pimples overnight BUT, this has really made a difference to my skin. There was almost zero scarring after my pimples healed themselves and my skin has softened. I can't stop touching my face. It could also be due to the Clinique moisturizer I have been using but I have to say the Murad has been pretty amazing with how my skin looks overall now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by hottie01

I much preferred the formula when it was made with sulfur, they've reformulated it with benzoyl peroxide and it is not nearly as effective now. The product has a strange perfume smell that I can't stand either, I preferred the smell of the sulfur, honestly :/ Packing needs work too, as others have said, it tends to come out fast and get wasted. I will be returning it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Deenamar1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only downfall of this product is it can be a tad itchy but holy crap does it work!!! I put a very thin layer on my entire face before i go to sleep and it works absolute wonders on any blemishes i have!! Shrinks the big ones and burns out the small ones so theyre nothing but flakies in the morning that come off with my cleanser. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by booboondoll

I used this everyday for a month and it works . But really only works on entire face as a night treatment. Only pitfall is the size of the tube. Its tiny and does'nt last using it (applying it too entire face) effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by hnnh

This works great for me! It does exactly what it says, "spot treatment." It works great for acne after it's already appeared... I don't use it as a preventative treatment. I put it on in the morning under my makeup and at night when I wash makeup off. I see results the next morning, the spot gets smaller and depending on the kind of acne it will literally just flake right off. Definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Pretty average spot treatment. It does help dry out pimples (slowly), but it's no miracle worker. On to the next!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this spot treatment.
I use it when I get a big pimple. The size reduces a lot overnight. This tiny bottle has lasted me 7 months. It very worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product because I'm always hearing great things about Murad and sulfur was one of the things I had yet to try for my acne. After a week of applying this day and night to my pimples, there was no difference. It didn't dry out my skin (my skin is super oily) and it was pretty inconvenient because it dries white and basically peels off after an hour. It did nothing for my blackheads, whiteheads, cystic-type pimples, etc.

The one thing I did notice was when I applied it on a pimple that I had just popped (bad habit, I know), it would sting a little and form a scab right away. This might be helpful to some people but scabs always leave marks on my skin and I don't want to add to my hyperpigmentation.

I ended up bringing this back to Sephora because, all in all, it wasn't strong enough for my stubborn skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This works pretty decently as an acne spot reducer. It does not completely eliminate blemishes overnight, but it does help to shrink them and make them less noticeable. As a former sufferer of adult acne, I would not recommend this product for someone who has a chronic condition of breakouts. This is better used to treat hormonal acne around your period or occasional spots. I found that my acne cleared up within 2-3 days when using this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cream works more like post-blemish treatment rather than blemish treatment for me. It doesn't reduce inflammation or minimize a breakout but accelerates the process of cell renewal. So when I apply it on the blemish instead of soothing the inflammation it speeds the development of a breakout and obviously in such a way it passes quicker. But this is definitely not the way I would like to heal a blemish.
So how do I use it? First I apply Murad Clarifying Mask (clay-based) that works perfect to heal blemishes and it calms also the skin. And after the inflammation is reduced but the spot is still there I apply Blemish spot treatment to get rid of this spot. And for this purpose it works really well as it exfoliates the skin making it clear quicker.
I won't repurchase this product again as it is not an anti-inflammatory treatment and I find the description of the product is very misleading.
P.S. I've noticed that there are two "Murad" spot treatments on the market - Blemish Control and Acne Control. I don't know if they have the same ingredients or not, but they look absolutely the same just except the word blemish/acne. Mine is blemish control.