Murad Acne Spot Treatment

3.1

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Zinc Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/22/2015 6:06:00 PM

This stuff dries out my skin like crazy and seems to do very little to clear up my breakouts. I keep trying it hoping that it will work well, but I'm disappointed every time. My acne goes away slightly faster when I use it, but it's not worth the awful dry, flaky patches I end up with for at least a week afterward. I use a small amount of product only once a day and it's still the most drying acne product I've ever used. Plus, if I use it along my jawline (where I get a large portion of my breakouts) my skin gets really itchy and I end up with red spots that take a few days to go away.

Obviously it works well for some people, but if you have skin that's prone to flaking after I breakout I would not recommend it. Definitely not worth the price for me.

on 5/20/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this!
I first tried this a long time ago when sulfur was the active ingredient, which I much preferred. I still find this super effective with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
It is pricey, so I prefer the clean and clear persa gel,

Murad is a wonderful brand and this is a great product, I just wish they didn't switch the formula from sulfur

on 2/28/2015 1:57:00 PM

I really like this spot treatment for hormonal acne and stubborn breakouts that appear under the skin and take forever to come to a head. I have never really been a fan of salicylic spot treatments as I find they only dry out the spot and surrounding area and do nothing to help make it go away but this product is sulfur based which I find not only helps to make the bumps smaller, but also helps to make the surrounding redness lessened so you are only left with a bump instead of a red bump.
A tiny bit goes a long way and I usually apply this product at night after cleansing and before applying my treatments or moisturizer only to areas where I have a spot or where I feel a spot coming on. With this particular spot treatment I find that if you catch it fast enough, you can sometimes even prevent it from showing up!
The only other spot treatment I have ever liked was the emergency lotion from clinique which was benzoyl peroxide based and unfortunately was discontinued. The Murad Acne Spot Treatment is the closest thing I have found and until I can find something I like better, I will continue to repurchase!

on 2/8/2015 9:49:00 PM

It was an alright product, somewhat effective and do speed up process for acne to go away, can be drying sometimes, but always make the pimple really big before making it go away which can be annoying:
full review here

on 1/2/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had a bad reaction to this particular brand of benzoyl peroxide. It left me with dry, itchy, red skin that took a week to improve. I've used other brand's since I tried this and I do not get that same allergic reaction. I believe it probably works for some people, but I couldn't tolerate it, so I stopped using it.

on 12/14/2014 1:50:00 PM

I got this on the whim at Sephora while I was on a vacation, saw it near the checkout counters and thought it would help reduce my pimples. When I got back home I looked at the reviews and found that more or less it wasn't that great. Debated on returning it, but I decided to keep it just to test it out myself. I had a few pimples and applied the cream on the spot at night - didn't notice any difference as the pimple looked the same the morning after. Maybe it's because I haven't used it consistently on the pimple, bottom line is I wouldn't repurchase it and feel that it hasn't done anything to reduce my pimples.

on 12/3/2014 1:57:00 PM

I cannot justity the price of this pimple cream. I mean, c'mon, it is 3.5% benzoyl peroxide in a fancy, scented base. This works the same, not better than, drugstore acne products with benzoyl peroxide. I use a Walgreens brand 10% benzoyl peroxide that I paid for less than $4 and it works the same as this.

on 11/16/2014 1:47:00 AM

It is pretty pricey considering that the bottle is reaaaaally small, I mean I bought it online, so I was pretty shocked when the bottle seemed to be the same size as a free sample facial cleanser that came in with the package. Nonetheless the product does exactly what it says, my acne were gone less than two days so I'm pretty much satisfied with the results! Just be sure to apply a very thin layer on the pimple, the first time I tried it I actually applied a lot and I ended up with my skin stinging so much and the areas where I applied it was so ren and inflamed that I had to place ice over it.

on 9/25/2014 12:29:00 PM

I'm certainly not going to use this product anytime soon, and having tried it I noticed the irritations on my skin the more I started to apply it daily. I suffer from break outs pretty easily and I did start to notice things gradually getting worse the longer I was using it, even on some parts of my face there was slight reddening due to the fact it made my skin more itchy! I've not had much luck with products such as these as they tend to act all in the same way, and didn't make much difference to my skin either, not least in reducing my pimples! I'm glad I'm using something completely difference as I've tried products such as biocorrex and I've seen big changes to the way it reduces my skin acne and gives it a more smoother feel. This brand is definitely worth it for me right now as I pretty much got to a point where I was starting to find alternative ways to look after my skin. I'm glad I found a product that works for me now, but it sure ain't this Murad treatment!

on 9/25/2014 7:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Well, it actually do dry out some of my pimples (the ones that are ready to pop that is and I have tried recently to resist the urge to pop my zits because it scars my skin). It takes a few days for the blemish to completely disappear, but it works. But it doesn't work miracles, this will dry out any skin that isn't a blemish and it doesn't work on those under-skin-pimples.

Popular Treatments (Face)