November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Treatments (Face) - Murad - Acne Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by susanyaseen

It is pretty pricey considering that the bottle is reaaaaally small, I mean I bought it online, so I was pretty shocked when the bottle seemed to be the same size as a free sample facial cleanser that came in with the package. Nonetheless the product does exactly what it says, my acne were gone less than two days so I'm pretty much satisfied with the results! Just be sure to apply a very thin layer on the pimple, the first time I tried it I actually applied a lot and I ended up with my skin stinging so much and the areas where I applied it was so ren and inflamed that I had to place ice over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm certainly not going to use this product anytime soon, and having tried it I noticed the irritations on my skin the more I started to apply it daily. I suffer from break outs pretty easily and I did start to notice things gradually getting worse the longer I was using it, even on some parts of my face there was slight reddening due to the fact it made my skin more itchy! I've not had much luck with products such as these as they tend to act all in the same way, and didn't make much difference to my skin either, not least in reducing my pimples! I'm glad I'm using something completely difference as I've tried products such as biocorrex and I've seen big changes to the way it reduces my skin acne and gives it a more smoother feel. This brand is definitely worth it for me right now as I pretty much got to a point where I was starting to find alternative ways to look after my skin. I'm glad I found a product that works for me now, but it sure ain't this Murad treatment!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, it actually do dry out some of my pimples (the ones that are ready to pop that is and I have tried recently to resist the urge to pop my zits because it scars my skin). It takes a few days for the blemish to completely disappear, but it works. But it doesn't work miracles, this will dry out any skin that isn't a blemish and it doesn't work on those under-skin-pimples.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in lieu of Proactiv because it dried out my skin; touted as and alternative for dry skin or sensitive skin. I was told to expect some initial break outs as your skin was purging the--whatever. After three weeks to a month: my moderate acne had doubled, even tripled. Never had acne worse in 20-some years. I called one of the customer service representatives.....she said I was probably having a reaction to it. I sent it back and went back to just using normal cleanser for awhile and it went back to normal (mild-moderate acne).
Proactiv may have been drying but it at least worked.
Expensive, doesn't work (for me), the packaging is boring. Just...pass.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by merinasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NEVER AGAIN! I'm 16 and have acne-prone/oily skin. I'm always looking for a new face wash or acne treatment product to use on my face where I get bad breakouts- mostly on my chin. I literally have used so many things and NOTHING works. -_- So my cousin had gotten this as a sample from a Sephora purchase. She had used the brand before but had never tried this specific product. I started using it for a couple days, only using it at night. I had been waking up with much clearer skin. My acne started going away over night. I continued to use it for a little over a week. I started noticing that my acne was coming back but worse. I was honestly getting about 2 pimples a day. It was getting worse and whenever I would apply the product, the whole area would get red and swollen and it would start to burn. By the morning, it was still swollen and my skin was very dry and irritated. So one night I looked up reviews because it was really bad and my mom had said to stop using it. I was worried that I would keep breaking out and many people's reviews had the same experiences that I did. It cleared their skin and then made it worse. I guess this product warns that there might be a purging period? From the reviews I read, I didn't wait to see what would happen. I immediately stopped using it and the swelling went down and the breakout is getting better. I would never recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tanbaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have been having the worst case of huge pimples on my face lately. Desperate to help my skin clear up, I went to Sephora and asked for a spot treatment. The sales lady recommended this product, saying it's super popular.

So far, it has done nothing for me. :( I really wanted to like it and really really wanted the product to work. This was my first Murad product.

Some observations:

1. Dries white on skin, cannot apply under makeup as a result.
2. When it dries, it gives off a sulphuric plasticky smell. It's very distracting and not the most pleasant of smells.
3. Sephora, you disappointed me :(
4. May not work on oily skin - I have oily skin and this product did not dry up my pimples or reduce blemishes

I would recommend the spot treatment product by The Face Shop (it's a Korean brand) - I will post a separate review.

***June 28, 2014 UPDATE***
I am adding some additional lippies because this product is all about long term planning. It will not do much to even out skin tone or dry out pimples overnight BUT, this has really made a difference to my skin. There was almost zero scarring after my pimples healed themselves and my skin has softened. I can't stop touching my face. It could also be due to the Clinique moisturizer I have been using but I have to say the Murad has been pretty amazing with how my skin looks overall now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by hottie01

I much preferred the formula when it was made with sulfur, they've reformulated it with benzoyl peroxide and it is not nearly as effective now. The product has a strange perfume smell that I can't stand either, I preferred the smell of the sulfur, honestly :/ Packing needs work too, as others have said, it tends to come out fast and get wasted. I will be returning it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Deenamar1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only downfall of this product is it can be a tad itchy but holy crap does it work!!! I put a very thin layer on my entire face before i go to sleep and it works absolute wonders on any blemishes i have!! Shrinks the big ones and burns out the small ones so theyre nothing but flakies in the morning that come off with my cleanser. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by booboondoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this everyday for a month and it works . But really only works on entire face as a night treatment. Only pitfall is the size of the tube. Its tiny and does'nt last using it (applying it too entire face) effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by hnnh

This works great for me! It does exactly what it says, "spot treatment." It works great for acne after it's already appeared... I don't use it as a preventative treatment. I put it on in the morning under my makeup and at night when I wash makeup off. I see results the next morning, the spot gets smaller and depending on the kind of acne it will literally just flake right off. Definitely recommend this!