October 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by katiep729

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the life of me, I cannot figure out if this clogs my pores or not! I love it because I can throw it on in the morning before work with a little powder and I am done, with decent coverage & a natural look. I absolutely have to have a good SPF because of topicals. I used it forever and seemed to have no problems. Then I switced to something else just to try. Rebought this and started using it again, was fine for a while. Then after a few days, I noticed tons of little cysts under my skin & every pore on my face, especially my nose, was so clogged, if I smushed my nose, gunk would literally just ooze out! I do a face check every time I put this on now. Somedays nothing, sometimes blackheads everywhere! I just don't get it. Maybe they changed the formulation? Im going to stick with EL Day Wear BB. Never ever any issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by canarydiamond14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years. It's great for a base under makeup, and I feel good knowing that it's protecting my skin from the sun. I apply City Block and then Clinique CC cream afterwards - that's my daily routine.

It absorbs quickly, does not deposit any color, but makes your skin look more even. It keeps my dry skin happy even in the winter.

A must-have!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

This is quite a thick consistency and gave me terrible blackheads. I stopped using it after a couple of weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I can't say I hate it but I don't really like it either.

It didn't give me pimples or cysts but it made my pores stand out and actually some grains of sebum were rolling out from the first time I put this SS on my skin! So that is gross honestly.
It is drying even for my oily nose BUT it makes it oily...uhh?
And it gives a sheen but it is not a big problem.
It is hard to spread even on moisturised skin and I need to use a lot and for the price is not worth it.
It made my skin looks nice with a tiny bit of coverage but it clinged on some dry spots even if I moisturised my skin before hand.

Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this product for nearly 2 weeks. So far I have determined this is best for my under eyes only because it is the most sensitive part or my dry-sensistive skin. on the rest of my face I use the other Clinique SPF moisturizer that comes int the yellow tube (love that one too) . This SPF in particular has a white cast that does not fade on my brown skin, so I make that white-ness work to my advantage and only place this under the eyes and center of my face. This is a very gentle SPF and has a matte finish. I will continue using and update this review if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by propagandaangie

I have been using this product for about 7 years and as a person who has hyperpigmentation (aka melasma) this product has been a godsend. As most people with melasma know, a physical sun blocker is the only thing that keeps it at bay, making most facial sunscreens useless. Cityblock goes on evenly, has just a bit of pigment to even out tone and make up for the ashiness that is caused by physical blockers, and has moisturizing properties. I feel like this is the proto-bb cream.
I have combination/oily skin and any time I have sampled other products (I have been aghast at the cakiness or how the product ended up sitting in my fine lines within 6 hours. Cityblock stays put and gives me a genuine no-makeup look and feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilypily93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros- doesn't break me out, good spf protection. Cons- too thick- can't wear makeup over it, doesn't match my olive skin tone- I look like a cake face, doesn't protect against elements (wind)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by morcomd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have skin that is oily and sensitive, very fair, and prone to breakouts. I hate the feel of a sunscreen in so many products, but this has been great for me. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't feel heavy. I do have to use a moisturizer over it (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for oily skin), because my skin feels a little tight if I don't. But I really don't mind, I didn't expect it to be a moisturizer as well. I use the 40SPF in the summer. I think if I wasn't using the moisturizer, my makeup would not go on nearly as well, as this doesn't leave my skin particularly smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wear every single day under my ELDWLight foundation. It's perfect. Does the job nicely, keeps skin lovely and moisturised and of course protected from the evil sun.

Hasn't broken me out, the slight tint doesn't effect my foundation whatsoever, good price, lasts forever, tons of antioxidants PLUS hyaluronic acid.

What's not to like?

I would reccommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's so thick!I tried to apply moisturizer or makeup on top of this and my skin was veiled in a tight, thick, gluey and solid paste.Maybe I will use this alone and in a smaller amount.