April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilypily93

Pros- doesn't break me out, good spf protection. Cons- too thick- can't wear makeup over it, doesn't match my olive skin tone- I look like a cake face, doesn't protect against elements (wind)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by morcomd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have skin that is oily and sensitive, very fair, and prone to breakouts. I hate the feel of a sunscreen in so many products, but this has been great for me. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't feel heavy. I do have to use a moisturizer over it (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for oily skin), because my skin feels a little tight if I don't. But I really don't mind, I didn't expect it to be a moisturizer as well. I use the 40SPF in the summer. I think if I wasn't using the moisturizer, my makeup would not go on nearly as well, as this doesn't leave my skin particularly smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wear every single day under my ELDWLight foundation. It's perfect. Does the job nicely, keeps skin lovely and moisturised and of course protected from the evil sun.

Hasn't broken me out, the slight tint doesn't effect my foundation whatsoever, good price, lasts forever, tons of antioxidants PLUS hyaluronic acid.

What's not to like?

I would reccommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's so thick!I tried to apply moisturizer or makeup on top of this and my skin was veiled in a tight, thick, gluey and solid paste.Maybe I will use this alone and in a smaller amount.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Another horrible SS, I have dry skin with slight oily T zone. My entire face looks like a tin-man. Please bear in mind one has to put 1 teaspoonful of SS face face/neck, just to dampen the area slightly with the product is ineffective.

Despite the surface area is wet & slicky (non-oily means nothing, it can be silicone or glyderine, either will give the skin an oily feeling), my dry skin still feels tight & dry underneath the product. To put powder over it to mattify the tin-shine will further dry up the skin.
Also, on my NC 35 skin, this leaves a white cast as well, a white, shiny, slimy/oily coating.
I am not going to look further, just relies on my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water-Light.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the UK, finding a mineral based sunscreen is becoming increasingly hard, let alone finding one that's suitable for sensitive and oily skin. Chemical sunscreen agents break me out in bumps and exacerbate my rosacea-like redness, while other mineral sunscreens would leave my face white and literally looking wet after an hour or so - not a great look!
I'm happy to say that, so far, City Block Sheer has proved to be the best facial sunscreen I've used yet. It comes in a neat little tube that you could easily take out with you should you need to reapply, and while it isn't particularly generous in size a little seems to go a fairly long way. Perhaps my favourite thing about this sunscreen is its tint; it comes out in a fleshy tone rather than white and goes onto the skin nice and even. Though I'm fair skinned, the tint blends in straight away and looks perfectly natural, if anything it slightly evens out my complexion and masks some of the redness - an added bonus! It's also far less greasy than other mineral sunscreens I've tried - once it's been applied I'm not really aware of it and my face doesn't get much oilier than it normally would throughout the day. It won't mattify your oily skin, but it does give a little bit of moisture without worsening oiliness. Touch wood, I haven't had noticeable more breakouts than before, so it doesn't seem to clog my pores either.
My one problem so far is that it can go on a bit flaky in places, particularly around the nose. It's not too noticeable unless looking closely, but it can exacerbate enlarged pores sometimes. Perhaps if this product was a little bit more moisturising it would improve the texture somewhat, but it's a small compromise.

Overall, it's a keeper for now. I wish there were more products like this out there - highly sensitive yet oily skin doesn't really get much support, certainly not in UK stores. It makes a nice change to find something that's truly suitable for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ssroba085

Hands down the best facial sunscreen I have used. And I have tried my fair share. I alternate between this and the 40+ in the summer I have gone through at least 12 tubes and will continue to repurchase again and again. Provides an immaculate base for foundation, not greasy and absorbs into skin very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best products I have, works as a primer, bb, sunscreen, moisturizer. And at all of these at its best. Why haven't I discovered it before??? I am 38 and my skins now looks even better than when I was 25, or 30. I use it everyday, and really if your skin is naturaly not that bad, you dot not need anything else to put on than just this great product. Highly and strongly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by zinaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

except for the spf protection witch works well on my fair skin also in summer i also have combination skin and have found that this one works well with any kind of moisturizer i use and also helps mattify my skin and not become oily during the day.
when i don't use it i can feel my skin a bit oiler during the day.
had used biotherm for years but was extremely oily and also other brands that where also oily on my skin but this one is just right! using it for the last 5 years.
if buying from iherb for the first time feel free to use my discount code EHU742 for a $5 discount up to $40 worth of purchases and $10 discount for over $40.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

UPDATE: I've actually switched over to Biore's UV Aqua Rich Essence Sunscreen because I noticed that my skin has gotten too dark for this to not give me a whitish cast.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've used Clinique's City Block for about 10 years. When I was first using it, they were making this in SPF 15! After so long, and some dalliances with other sunscreens, this is still the best choice for me. My combination, oily skin gets clogged and breaks out easily and this one has the least amount of interference with that. It goes on smoothly and doesn't burn my skin the way that chemical and other sunscreens will (zinc oxide can be horrid!). I love the light tint that it has, which allows me to skip tinted moisturizers or foundations all together. I can't count the number of tubes I've used, but I know that I'll be buying countless more.