July 26, 2014 | 968 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

This is quite a thick consistency and gave me terrible blackheads. I stopped using it after a couple of weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I can't say I hate it but I don't really like it either.

It didn't give me pimples or cysts but it made my pores stand out and actually some grains of sebum were rolling out from the first time I put this SS on my skin! So that is gross honestly.
It is drying even for my oily nose BUT it makes it oily...uhh?
And it gives a sheen but it is not a big problem.
It is hard to spread even on moisturised skin and I need to use a lot and for the price is not worth it.
It made my skin looks nice with a tiny bit of coverage but it clinged on some dry spots even if I moisturised my skin before hand.

Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this product for nearly 2 weeks. So far I have determined this is best for my under eyes only because it is the most sensitive part or my dry-sensistive skin. on the rest of my face I use the other Clinique SPF moisturizer that comes int the yellow tube (love that one too) . This SPF in particular has a white cast that does not fade on my brown skin, so I make that white-ness work to my advantage and only place this under the eyes and center of my face. This is a very gentle SPF and has a matte finish. I will continue using and update this review if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by propagandaangie

I have been using this product for about 7 years and as a person who has hyperpigmentation (aka melasma) this product has been a godsend. As most people with melasma know, a physical sun blocker is the only thing that keeps it at bay, making most facial sunscreens useless. Cityblock goes on evenly, has just a bit of pigment to even out tone and make up for the ashiness that is caused by physical blockers, and has moisturizing properties. I feel like this is the proto-bb cream.
I have combination/oily skin and any time I have sampled other products (I have been aghast at the cakiness or how the product ended up sitting in my fine lines within 6 hours. Cityblock stays put and gives me a genuine no-makeup look and feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Lilypily93

Pros- doesn't break me out, good spf protection. Cons- too thick- can't wear makeup over it, doesn't match my olive skin tone- I look like a cake face, doesn't protect against elements (wind)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by morcomd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have skin that is oily and sensitive, very fair, and prone to breakouts. I hate the feel of a sunscreen in so many products, but this has been great for me. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't feel heavy. I do have to use a moisturizer over it (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel for oily skin), because my skin feels a little tight if I don't. But I really don't mind, I didn't expect it to be a moisturizer as well. I use the 40SPF in the summer. I think if I wasn't using the moisturizer, my makeup would not go on nearly as well, as this doesn't leave my skin particularly smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wear every single day under my ELDWLight foundation. It's perfect. Does the job nicely, keeps skin lovely and moisturised and of course protected from the evil sun.

Hasn't broken me out, the slight tint doesn't effect my foundation whatsoever, good price, lasts forever, tons of antioxidants PLUS hyaluronic acid.

What's not to like?

I would reccommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's so thick!I tried to apply moisturizer or makeup on top of this and my skin was veiled in a tight, thick, gluey and solid paste.Maybe I will use this alone and in a smaller amount.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

Another horrible SS, I have dry skin with slight oily T zone. My entire face looks like a tin-man. Please bear in mind one has to put 1 teaspoonful of SS face face/neck, just to dampen the area slightly with the product is ineffective.

Despite the surface area is wet & slicky (non-oily means nothing, it can be silicone or glyderine, either will give the skin an oily feeling), my dry skin still feels tight & dry underneath the product. To put powder over it to mattify the tin-shine will further dry up the skin.
Also, on my NC 35 skin, this leaves a white cast as well, a white, shiny, slimy/oily coating.
I am not going to look further, just relies on my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water-Light.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by geeemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the UK, finding a mineral based sunscreen is becoming increasingly hard, let alone finding one that's suitable for sensitive and oily skin. Chemical sunscreen agents break me out in bumps and exacerbate my rosacea-like redness, while other mineral sunscreens would leave my face white and literally looking wet after an hour or so - not a great look!
I'm happy to say that, so far, City Block Sheer has proved to be the best facial sunscreen I've used yet. It comes in a neat little tube that you could easily take out with you should you need to reapply, and while it isn't particularly generous in size a little seems to go a fairly long way. Perhaps my favourite thing about this sunscreen is its tint; it comes out in a fleshy tone rather than white and goes onto the skin nice and even. Though I'm fair skinned, the tint blends in straight away and looks perfectly natural, if anything it slightly evens out my complexion and masks some of the redness - an added bonus! It's also far less greasy than other mineral sunscreens I've tried - once it's been applied I'm not really aware of it and my face doesn't get much oilier than it normally would throughout the day. It won't mattify your oily skin, but it does give a little bit of moisture without worsening oiliness. Touch wood, I haven't had noticeable more breakouts than before, so it doesn't seem to clog my pores either.
My one problem so far is that it can go on a bit flaky in places, particularly around the nose. It's not too noticeable unless looking closely, but it can exacerbate enlarged pores sometimes. Perhaps if this product was a little bit more moisturising it would improve the texture somewhat, but it's a small compromise.

Overall, it's a keeper for now. I wish there were more products like this out there - highly sensitive yet oily skin doesn't really get much support, certainly not in UK stores. It makes a nice change to find something that's truly suitable for my skin!