November 23, 2014 | 1042 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

This cleanser saved my life in my years of teenage acne. Now as a result of moving to a drier climate and my hormones calming down a bit, I find this cleanser too drying - but I gave it five lippies because it is perfect for those with blemish-prone oily skin looking for a cleanser with a minimum number or irritants, as acne treating products are notorious for their harshness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by llamadelrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this gel so much! It cleanses like nobody's business and can completely remove a full face of makeup with any effort. I love using this when I'm very tired in the evening and can't be bothered with makeup removers. I imagine it can be a tad drying for those with normal to dry skin but for my combinated/acne-prone skin it's just perfect. A little goes a VERY long way-a bottle of 125 ml lasts me about 4 or 5 months. Also, in my country at least, this gel has been on a very good price for quite some time! I love this and would definitely repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Hadeer3

As a cosmetician I use so many products that my skin started breaking out. (Down side of my job) anyways I decided to stick to one and I tried this gel cleaners. I actually like it, it foams up which I really life you get that clean feeling. The only thing I don't like is the dry feeling I get after using it. I need to go right away with thermal water and a moisturizer. Over all it did help calm my skin down which is what I wanted. Good luck :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

I'm conflicted with this cleanser.

On the one side I got the bonus size on sale, and my skin seems to really like it, the blemishes have almost completely cleared up after only a couple weeks.

But on the other side, the second ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, a known irritant, so I'm not sure how it's exactly PH balanced and for sensitive skin. I also get the 'tight' feeling in my face after cleansing and have to rush to moisturizing.

It's good, but there's better out there. I'll probably use up what I have, and come winter look for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Disclamat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is a good cleanser UNLESS your skin does not tolerate Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which is the 2nd ingredient there. I had blurry vision and swollen eyelids for a full week before finding out that no matter how hard I tried to not even put it on my forehead, all it took was to rub my eyes with my hands for my eyelids to become swollen.

Definitely not good for sensitive skin, what were they thinking?
The pros are that it is "supposed" to be pretty much Ph balanced, and the thermal water, so maybe that's why ignoring my allergic reaction it was good at getting rid of blackheads, and it does work better if you're using the Effaclar Duo Corrective and Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Lotion. BTW, if you use these 2 products together, they stop smelling nice and start smelling...antiseptic, it reminds me a lot of that hospital smell.

So now I only use it on the nose and wash everything else on my face with a goat's milk soap.
I would not buy again as it is too pricey for such a cheap ingredient as SLS being one of the main ingredients. Not worth it if you react to SLS.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Alacoque

I got this in May as it was in offer with Effaclar Duo Plus (which I love)!!
I'm not normally a fan of cleansing gels, I usually prefer foaming moose type cleansers. Since I was using other acne products I can't say if this works solely on its own. But I use it to wash my face in the morning and it removes all the overnight sebum and oil.

Iv also taken to use it in the shower to walk my back and chest. As a sufferer of back acne, it's great used combined with Effaclar duo plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by hippolyte93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this thing is absolutely one of my fave products of all time...very suitable for my very oily AND sensitive skin....my face feels very clean and pure of all oils and makeup without hurting it or causing redness ...just apply in circular motion and enjoy the magic ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Katy2404

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was so awful for me! My face is oily so I wanted something to help with this. Even on my oily skin this completely stripped my skin! It stinks so bad and is really harsh! My face was so tight and sore after using it, how anyone with sensitive skin could use this is beyond me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated using this. It make my skin feel so stripped of all moisture, and after a while it started to make skin feel so hot after using it. Didn't help with breakouts. It's a harsh product, I would advise against it if you're sensitive but otherwise get a sample first. It's probably okay if you've got extremely oily skin and it's in no way dehydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by staywithjohanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably the best cosmetic product I have ever used- it has literally saved my skin that used to be blemishy and pimply. I have been using this and the Effaclar Duo+ moisturiser for about four weeks now and my skin has never looked or felt better. I am so happy I decided to try this product. It is kind of on the pricy side but considering how much it has improved my skin, I will most definitely buy it over and over again.