La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Aqua / Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Hydroxylauryl Ether, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Peg-4 Laurate, Zinc Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 6/27/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The best face wash I have ever used. I've tried every cleanser from high end brands like kiehls paulas choice, first aid beauty, lush, clinique, kaya skin clinic to name a few to drugstore brands like clean and clear, burts bees, cetaphil, cerave etc but everything I used made my skin red irritated more prone to breakouts. This is the first face wash that has no drying effects on my skin. It also helps in reducing breakouts.

on 5/20/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for several months in conjunction with the clarifying toner. The overall effect: drying, and it doesn't prevent breakouts AT ALL. I really expected more from this brand.

on 4/26/2015 3:28:00 PM

I've always had combination, acne-prone skin and used proactive with limited results. I was so sick of not being able to get rid of the bumpy cystic type acne on my forehead and to a lesser extent the rest of my face. Finally, I threw out the proactive and took a chance on the effaclar gel cleanser, toner, duo and effaclar k products. Within days my skin was completely clear and the texture was smoother than I ever imagined it could be! This line really worked for me and I am a huge advocate of the line. I know how bad skin can impact your self-confidence and happiness and I am pleased to say the Effaclar products have changed my life for the better!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser (and brand) so much that I had to come on here and review it! I use the Effaclar 3 Step System (cleanser, toner, duo+) and this has really impressed me. I have mild acne, with breakouts usually on my forehead area and t zone but occasionally on the rest of my face and most products that claim to help acne actually break me out, I think that they contain too many chemicals or something. This, however, is totally suited for sensitive skin. My face is normal to combo- I sometimes get oily but not excessively, and this really feels like it cleans my skin.

It probably won't get rid of acne by itself, but used in conjunction with other products- especially the effaclar duo+, I've now got a 90% blemish free face. The price isn't as cheap as some drugstore cleansers but I do think it's worth it. Also I prefer the pump packaging but that's also something I can overlook. Already repurchased this twice because I love it!

on 2/11/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

PROS:
The bottle with the pump gives just enough
Nice and foamy
Good smell
Large bottle
Company is really wonderful about reimbursements
Easily available at my pharmacy

CONS:
Dried out my skin
Didn't help with acne
Price is a bit high

I just didn't find this did anything wonderful for my skin. It foamed up well, had a pleasant smell, and I do not believe it contributed to more breakouts. It did contribute to dry skin.

on 2/11/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I quite liked this product at first but after using it for about two weeks, I noticed it started to dry my skin out. My face felt tight after using it and it didn't help keep my pores clear at all.

On a positive note, it was great at removing my make up but for the price, I saw no real difference in the condition of my skin and it just felt like I was using something like Clearasil.

on 2/9/2015 3:44:00 PM

A pharmacist recommended this to me to fight a breakout I couldn't explain at the time. It made my face feel extremely tight from the first use. I tried to stick to it for a while as I thought I would get used to it but it overdried and sensitised my skin and no moisturiser could counteract its effects. This is the worst I have ever felt my face. It also didn't help me at all with my breakout. It was caused by a starch containing blush(korres zea mays) I was using; I later found out starch in makeup can encourage bacterial growth if not thoroughly removed by the end of the day. Since my breakout didn't clear up while using this product for cleansing day and night for about a month I can only assume it is not 100% effective in removing makeup. I hate doing this but I threw the rest of it away...

on 2/8/2015 8:47:00 PM

Firstly i hate the grassy scent this has. But the gel itself does its job. Removes make up well. I don't think it does anything to decrease sebum. I haven't been using this long enough to say if it dries my skin. I have noticed that my skin dries more than in my 20's but this doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. So all in all a good cleanser but i won't miss this once i've finished this.

on 1/29/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like to use this during spring till autumn. Having combination/oily skin I'm looking for products which decreases production of sebum, but doesn't overdry my skin at the same time. And this is especially what I found in Effaclar cleanser. I also use Effaclat Mat which is great as primer, hides enlarged pores and keep skin matte.

on 12/1/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser. I have acne-prone / oily-combo skin, so I like something that seems to "dry" that up a bit, without overdrying.

I also have the Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream....I prefer the lather of the cream version (which is similar in texture to another favorite cleanser, Origins "Checks and Balances"). As a plus, a little goes a long way for both the Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream and the Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser.

I'd recommend the cream version over the gel, but that's personal preference.