August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated using this. It make my skin feel so stripped of all moisture, and after a while it started to make skin feel so hot after using it. Didn't help with breakouts. It's a harsh product, I would advise against it if you're sensitive but otherwise get a sample first. It's probably okay if you've got extremely oily skin and it's in no way dehydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by staywithjohanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably the best cosmetic product I have ever used- it has literally saved my skin that used to be blemishy and pimply. I have been using this and the Effaclar Duo+ moisturiser for about four weeks now and my skin has never looked or felt better. I am so happy I decided to try this product. It is kind of on the pricy side but considering how much it has improved my skin, I will most definitely buy it over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I thought it would help my acne prone skin but I was so very wrong! after one use it broke me out even more! I'm returning this as soon as I find the receipt.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by sebas2314

This cleanser is amazing!! I've only used it for about a week but I can say that it has really helped my acne. I have moderate to severe acne and decided to try this out. It is pretty expensive costing 30 bucks were I live but the bottle is pretty big. So far, it has cleared out ALL my cystic acne on my cheeks except for one and has really evened out my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this at a local CVS. I was walking around looking for Garnier's new Charcoal face wash/mask and stumbled across the La Roche Posay line. I have literally never heard of it before. Before buying, I came to Makeup Alley to check out fellow posters reviews of the product. The majority loved it, with a few whom did not. Majority won me over and I figured, I not only had a coupon, but our local CVS has a 100% return policy, so I figured, return it if is sucks. Used it the afternoon I purchased it and loved it. Have used it for over 3 weeks now and it is really the only cleanser I am using. Acne has cleared up, no new flare ups, lessing of red spots (cheeks and post acne marks) and the overall clarity of my skin improved. I tried using the Effaclar K and Effaclar Duo with this and hated those two products. I simply use this cleanser and am out the door. Mascara and lip balm only...perhaps a little blush or bronzer. No more full face makeup - foundation or concealer.

I have been trying to go minimalist for YEARS, but my skin was just not where I wanted it to be without makeup. I now feel I can leave the house with bare minimum and feel awesome.

Give it a try and see what happens. I simply love this product. Simplicity in a bottle. Price is a little high, but with the larget bottle and the great lather, this easily lasts 3-5 months. Worth the money.

I know some people said this cleanser was "breaking them out", but if you are using this in conjunction with another product, it could be a reaction from the other product. This product can be a little drying if over used, but adding another product on top of it, could be overkill. I no longer find I need to use additional serums or spot treatments with this. I gave it a week without using any additional products and noticed clarity improve drastically. Sometimes using more products than needed can highly affect skin. Certain ingredients do not "play" nicely with each other.

I am impressed with this product and would recommend it to my friends. would repurchase in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Blssflsea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My husband has been using this for over a year and has had fabulous luck keeping his skin clear of blemishes. When I ran out of my Korres foaming milk cleanser I used at night, I switched to this. I am absolutely thrilled with it. My skin looks wonderful. It doesn't dry my skin out, even though I would say my skin is normal/dry. And, best of all, it has cleared the blackheads off of my nose. No other cleanser has successfully done that. I use it only in the evening. In the morning, I use Sunday Riley Ceramic Cleanser which is milder. I think the price point is quite fair for the amount of product I receive. Plus, we use so little with each wash, it lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Dej

This is the KEY to clear skin for blemish prone people! It is great for sensitive skin as well and gently cleanses while purifying the skin preventing future breakouts as well as shrinking existing ones. THROW out your clean and clear and proactive solution people, it is WAY too harsh and I wouldn't even use it on the thickest acneic skins! I am a BA and sell this constantly and it changes peoples skin; pore size, break outs, brightness ect. Dermatologist recommended and highly effective. Also great value for $25 in the HUGE blue pump! Only buy that format if you're sensitive!! Do not use on eyes and make sure you hydrate adequately after use! Your skin will produce more oil to compensate for dehydration if you don't hydrate it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by intanina

Been using this for almost a year. Pretty satisfied. It's a little expensive but it lasts me for months.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by jdublew

I saw all the rave reviews on this product on you tube and decided to give it a go since most reviewers claimed to have sensitive skin and the product worked for them. I used this to remove my makeup so I rinsed twice. OMG this broke me out on day 1! As soon as i wiped my face my skin was itchy. I have reactive / sensitive acne prone skin. So now I have to deal with a rash on my face...:-(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Too drying. Won't repurchase.