October 25, 2014 | 1113 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - Blush Pencil Mat in apricot

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2001 2:28:00 AM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They say makeup appeals to the kindergartner in us. Well, for the kindergartner who can't color within the lines..."Make Up Forever Blush in pencil mat" is for you! Just like your first fat crayons, these pencils come this way to facilitate with application. It can be applied on blush and eyes (I even used it on my lips...ssshhhH!). It's a great product that lasts all day. It costs $14.00 and even though I got it in error, I decided to keep it. It is easy to apply due to the fact that it is a fat, chubby pencil (extremely similar in size to Almay's---but, that's where the comparisons end). The blush is not too matte that it sits on the skin. It takes on the cheek area.
It is a very pretty color (true apricot--an oxymoron in the cosmetics industry). It matches almost exactly to Ben Nye's loose powder in Topaz (many in the industry use this color for a natural flush look--but it sits on top). It has a silky smooth feel. It can be spread easily with the fingertips. And, this crayon comes in 4 colors that mimic the different tonalities of people's natural flush color (aka healthy complexion colors). My only complaint is that I'm sure Sonia Kashuk would've been cheaper (had she come up with a similar item). I can see paying $10.00 maybe even 12.00. (I'm a cheapo). It stayed on all day even in hot, humid, rainy Miami weather. Definitely a keeper!