April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lips - Sephora - aquatint

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BeneBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE AQUATINT!!!! I love all of the colors, the texture and the staying power. I am a huge BeneTint and Glamazon fan but these lovelies are just as fab. I am super sad that they are discontinued, but I think I have all of the colors! YIPEE!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this in peach and rose pale. Peach was too orange on me and rose pale was nice but a bit too dark. They are somewhat hard to work with and runny. If I didn't blend quickly enough, I would have streaks on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by rsjennifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are the BEST BEST BEST. I love lipliner, but these have made my lipliners extinct.

I use these under glosses and it gives the glosses so much more depth and any lip gloss that has shimmer, sparkle, or frost looks best over these. Can't explain the science of, just do. And now that Sephora has put them into a pen, it's totally portable!

For best results, store in a container where they can stand upside down so that the ink flows to the pen tip.

Only gripe is that when Sephora moved these from bottle to pen they didn't transfer over all the colors (although they made some new ones!) and I wish they would have made the auburn and brown ones into pens. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in each color available. I use these only as a stain on my lips (I never have had any luck with any wet stain being used on my cheeks as they dry to fast). I get the best results when I mix the colors together - a little bit of purple, a drop or two of brown, then several drops of peach and rose. I have a little glass vial that I mix this in and then I stick a q-tip in and apply to my lips. I like using stains as a base before putting lipstick on. I was sorry to see Sephora stop selling these but I still have almost full bottles of all the colors so I am set for quite awhile. These were very reasonably priced compared to other products like this from Benefit, Nars, and Trish McEvoy. I especially liked the option of many different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Camillaaa

I had been lemming this for a looong time, until a lovely MUA:er CP:ed Peach & Rose Pale for me. I love them! Both give a healthy color to cheeks & lips, blends well and looks great. Great product for such a small price, too bad they're discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by littleredridinghood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have auburn and i use it on my lips and cheeks. it is a pretty color, but does feel a bit drying on the lips. i have never been a huge fan of stains and i guess i never will be

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

This is a pretty good lip tint. I have it in Auburn, which I believe is now discontinued, and I never really used it that much until I bought DuWop's Lip Venom. Makes a great match with that!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by miss_mae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already wrote a review for the Auburn color, but a couple of months ago, I picked up the Peach shade, and I adore that too. For me the color is very subtle, I apply it over moisturizer for a peachy glow, rather than putting it straight on my cheeks for a noticable blush. It gives a glow to my cheeks, a subtle tint to my lips that looks great under gloss, and even adds a subtle bit of friendly color to my lids. And did I mention that it lasts forever? I'm finally running out of the Auburn that I bought months and months ago.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally gave this a whirl on my lips this morning. Loved it! Gave my lips some nice color that lasted longer than my normal gloss application.

(FYI - the only way i've gotten this to work well on cheeks was to put a glaze of moisturizer on my "rubbing finger", apply the tint, then rub rub rub. Yes my finger was stained (big whoop - just had to wash my hands - came right off), but it left a beautiful flush behind.

at $3...not a bad play at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2003 9:12:00 PM More reviews by wowangela

I can't compare this to Benetint because I've never tried Benetint before. I think it's an alright lip tint. The color doesn't stay that long since I lick and bite my lips almost every 5 seconds..I think the color stays longer when I apply lip gloss over. It's pretty cheap. And that's about it.