November 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

loved the smell :) dont have much to say about the quality of the shower gel itself, in all honesty it is just regular shower gel that yes, smells awesome but price point is a little high for what we're getting. would repurhase on sale though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my shower gel, while my husband is using the Satsuma one. I also own Olive ones that I use on interval days. The smell of grapefruit is fantastic, aromatherapeutic and not too overwhelming. It actually makes my skin feel softer after every wash. One pump on my loofah is all needed for a total whole body wash. It lathers a lot. It is so delicate that it will wash off without leaving a residue and leaves the skin with that desired soft sweet smell long after I get out of the shower.

I even used it as a shampoo when I needed a total hair cleansing whenever it gets too oily during hot days . Amazingly it doesn't strip my hair dry! But of course, always apply conditioner after. Love the smell on my hair after. I can go 3 days without washing and I can still smell it on my hair.

I bought the jumbo sized bottle. It lasts a long time and looks lovely in my shower. Overall, a very lovely product that makes me feel so feminine and sexy. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the scent (Pink Grapefruit and Satsuma are 2 of my Body Shop faves) so I have to get this when it was on sale. I prefer a more hydrating (cream-wash) type body wash now that I am (ahem) aging but for summertime this is a refreshing choice and is only slightly drying. (I slather on lotion after I shower). Wish they made this (and other scents) in a cream-wash or in-shower moisturizer type formula. (Especially when winter comes!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I really like the scent - it's very juicy and a great morning pick-me-up. The bottle I got, though, has a pump that I thought would be more convenient. Wrong! The pump is too small and close to the bottle to easily get my shower pouf underneath it. Other than that, this is a fine shower gel - it lather up nicely, rinses cleanly, and doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! One of my favourite products ever. Such a refreshing scent. Makes both my body and head feel refreshed and slightly more awake which is something as I feel exhausted all the time. Bubbles up well and easily. Easy squeeze bottle. Yummy. (OK i don't eat it but love the smell more than grapefruit itself! I guess not as moisturising as some other bath products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ah-ma-zing! Loved the smell, loved the texture and loved the price. The smell is sweet and fresh, made me think of a nice summers day. The consistensy was awsome, liquid enough to get out of the bottle, but not so liquid that it would run right off your body. It lathers really nicely. I would buy again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by lavalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm just going to confess right now - I'm addicted to this shower gel! No other beauty product gives me quite the same lift as this gel does; it smells like "happiness" to me! It's one of the few products I buy again and again.
It's a real pity that the Pink Grapefruit body butter's fragrance does not more closely resemble the shower gel scent, because I'd have loved it then too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Are there more emollient shower gels out there, ones which moisturize better and are free of sulfates? Yes. However this product is like a drug for me: the smell is just intoxicating. I've tried other grapefruit products from lots of other companies, but none comes close to this smell. It's like my own personal catnip! I also find it moisturizes my skin well enough, and it does seem to last a long time. I buy the 750 mL size every four months or so, and also pump a few squeezes into the bathtub every now and again for a heavenly scented bubble bath.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by bnm5077

I always find The Body Shop products at T.J. Maxx for like $4.99! I bought the pink grapefruit shower gel and scrub and I love both. The shower gel is a little too watery (it doesn't compare to Bath and body works which is the best) but it smells awesome. It's perfect to pair with the grapefruit scrub too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ritamac

There are certainly better body washes out there - I don't find this particularly moisturising, the bottle can be hard to squeeze and it's not the cheapest. However, I buy this for one reason and one reason only - I am addicted to the smell ! It is just so refreshing and fruity - I would drink it if I could !