Paula's Choice Pro Basics Brush Set

4.4

Not tested on animals

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

The set is great, the brushes are soft and lovely. I use it in the car in the morning and I reach the office all made up. It even makes my husband laughs, that is worth everything. I don't know why I would buy it again, but surely if I lost it ;-)

on 2/15/2005 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are good brushes, but I don't think I would buy them again. They do a good job at make-up application, but they are not as soft as my Japonesque brushes, and the eyeliner brush doesn't work for me. Price was not bad, but other similar sets (Aloette, Arbonne, Sonia Kashuk) are cheaper. I do not like the way they look with the PC phone number on all the handles! The large eyeshadow brush is a tad scratchy as well. Pretty good quality brushes, but I always reach for my Japonesque brushes over my PC, brushes, saving the PC for travel.

on 7/28/2004 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I was curious if more expensive brushes were really better. I was happy with the ones I've been using. I just got a set of these on Ebay for a pretty good price. WOW, I'm impressed.

The bristles are soft and don't shed. The case is sturdy and should hold up (unlike my previous one). The only thing I'm not as impressed with is the length of the handles- they seem pretty long compared with others I've seen. This, however, hasn't really affected make up application at all. I just wish it came with a lash/brow brush and a concealer brush. I guess I have to keep shopping!

on 2/15/2004 8:57:00 AM

Absolutely great product for the price! The bristles are really soft and they do pick up colour very well and spreads very evenly when applied. Performed much better than some of my more expensive brushes. An overall good investment!

on 12/31/2003 11:04:00 AM

Wow, great brushes for the price. A few stray hairs shedding from the powder and blush brushes when I opened them, which worried me at first, but no further shedding. Great application. Agree with Candee's comments on packaging, could be better. Overall, best thing I've gotten from Paula's line. Would buy again, in fact, may buy a travel set soon.

on 12/12/2003 9:46:00 PM

The pouch and the brushes are around 7.5 inches long, consider small for full size brushes. The pouch measures 3.5 inches width when closed. :) One downside is that the blush brush slot is located at the fold of the pouch, meaning the blush brush might risk going out of shape if you don't close pouch carefully. It would be a better idea if the pouch is a rolling design than a folding design. :)

The brushes feel soft on skin!! But when I took the brushes out, I saw a few hairs shedding from the powder and blush brushes. When looked closer, I realised that the brushes hairs are not trim nicely, a few hairs are sticking out. The blush brush, too flat for my liking. Yes, the handles... black, but they have the phone number on each and every single brush!!! What I hate most is that the word "China" is on all handles too!!! :( I presume it means "Made In China" :blah:

I haven't used the brushes yet. Will get back later on how they perform. :) Overall with that kinda price, I shouldn't be complaining. :) Especially since the hair quality is great!! :bliss: *Happy Customer*

Edited: I'm loving the brush set!!! Except for the pouch and the blush brush. The blush brush is just too flat and hair too long. Pretty hard to control application. As for pouch, I hate the way it's folded, almost spoiled my blush brush. :( I'm cutting one point off the packaging quality, which makes its packaging quality scores only 2 points for this brush set.

on 7/26/2003 6:41:00 AM

The only good thing from her line for me - I don't really like the large eye shadow brushes though - I prefer softer brushes like Stila #15 for blending eye shadows. Her blush brush is a bit too flat as well, but overall a reasonably priced brush set. UPDATE 01/21/04: After finding the A'squirrel sets which are way cheaper and of better quality, I must say that it's not so reasonably priced after all!

on 12/22/2002 8:42:00 PM

I'm so glad I organized to have this CP-ed for me during the Thanksgiving 50% period.

I've always been scornful of brush sets, because they always seem to contain a couple of good brushes, and then the rest are inferior quality. The MAC holiday brush set astounded with its blatantly awful quality- the bristles were falling out everywhere, and everything was unwieldy and just ridiculous for a so-called 'professional' makeup brand. Similarly, the Stila travel brush set was inferior, and so expensive for the low quality.

But this...this is something else. The quality is superb, even if the brand doesn't have the glamour of Stila or MAC. I've reviewed some of the brushes separately, but all of them are wonderful. The powder brush is silky-soft and the perfect size, and the brush blush is made from the same fluffy bristles. The two eyeshadow brushes are firm for precise application, and the eyeliner brush is perfectly thin and delicate for liquid liner work. The little slanted wedge brush is good as well, although I don't think I'll use it as often. And lastly, the silver-lidded lip brush- exact replica of the Stila version! There's even an extra slot in the cute-and-convinient brush roll for an extra brush.

You will not regret purchasing this set, even at full price. It looks to last forever, and is just wonderful. Go get! continued >>

on 2/6/2003 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these and they have replaced my other brushes. In fact I bought 2 sets so I could have one for travel. They withstand repeated washings and are soft, flexible and well-made. They are comparable or better than my Trish, Laura Mercier, Px, Benefit, Aveda and Jane Iredale brushes. Can't beat 'em.

on 1/24/2003 10:39:00 AM

I purchased this set when it was 50% off, but it would be worth buying it at full-price too. I love all the brushes, but the best is the powder brush which is so soft, and the lip brush has a great shape and the perfect amount of firmness. It comes in a sleek leather pouch, and it has room for one more brush. The only thing I didn't like: the telephone number on the brushes.