September 16, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - Naturally Smooth Shave Minimizing Moisturizer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by cleoliane

why would they stop making this? Ive been looking for this product for years. I was put on a course of steroids to treat Lupus. The treatment causes my hair to grow even faster than it already did. Now my hair on my legs is so bad that i have to shave ever single day and sometimes twice a day. Whe i used this lotion i didn't have to shave for a week! it saved me so much money and time. I NEED IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mysticaliz

I cant believe they quit making this. I loved this lotion so much! I felt like I hardly ever had to shave my legs!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product promises to minimize shaving time by 50%. 50%?? Really? This means you'd need to shave half as much. I'd say thats a pretty big deal.

I think this product works "mentally" for people. Im the type of person where I shave and 2 hours later I can feel stubble. Which is exactly what happens everytime I use this product.

I dont believe in any "shave minimizing lotion." If this was some miracle product that sincerely made you shave half as much than a) everyone would be buying it and b) it wouldnt be discontinued.

Furthermore Im not sure how a lotion is supposed to even stop the hairs from growing? Does it clog your pores? Wouldnt it have to clog your pores to stop hair growth? Im confused.

Anyway I wouldnt say this product is a total flop. It does make your legs nice and smooth and has a light scent which I seem to be into now-a-days. After this bottle is done Im just going to avoid any lotions that promise less hair growth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 bottles of this when it was on clearance at SDM. When I used to use it every day on my hair "down there," my hair was always very soft (I never used it consistently enough on any other area). I strayed from this for a long time but since I went on my no-buy a few months ago, I re-discovered my remaining 2 bottles and have regained my appreciation for how good this lotion is (even though my bottles are >3 years old by now). It sinks into my skin and leaves it feeling moisturized, soft, & smooth. The fragrance is relatively faint, which I like. It doesn't break me out on my body at all.

If this wasn't discontinued, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpisAnObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! I bought like three at a time and they actually work. I didn't have to shave my legs as often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I miss this lotion like a baby misses its pacifier! This stuff was my HG lotion, and it actually lived up to the claims on the packaging. When I used it, the hair on my legs grew lighter and finer, and I only had to shave once or twice a week. Now that it's been discontinued, I have to shave every other day (so much for saving money on razors and shaving cream). Thanks a lot, Jergens. If Jergens ever brought back this product, I would buy it faithfully, but I am boycotting them. Any company with good business sense knows that it shouldn't discontinue popular products. Whenever I went to Wal-mart or Dollar General to buy this, the stores just couldn't keep enough of it on the shelves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ginasuicide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this stuff for summers years and years ago, it was fabulous. Cant recall if it helped reduce hair growth as fast, but it was really lightweight and absorbing, perfect for summer.

I set out to get some this summer and it was gone. It probably disappeared years ago and I'm that far behind.

I'd love to see them bring it back. it was one of the few lotions I used that didnt sit on top of my skin .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Omg just looked on the Jergens website and this has been DISCONTINUED! Noooo!

Oh well. In Scotland our equivalent of $ stores are shops (Obviously!) so I was in one particular chain called Poundland, which sells brand stuff for 1. This is where I found my bottle of Jergens. I have to say that coming by ANY moisturizer that minimises shaving is totally hard!

So. I used this after shaving with my Venus, and I have to tell you guys that this review applys to bikini line. Usually I get a wax but I really had no time so I shaved instead, hoping this stuff would minimise the stubble and shaving times. Okay, it DID! Seriously, usually the next day I don't have stubble, but sort of a rough feeling where the stubble is coming. Nope- not with this moisturizer! The hair took about double the time it usually does to come though, and when it did it was super soft! I mean, we are talking about bikini lines here people! Soft hair!

This was also after only one application after shaving, as I kept forgetting after my normal showers. Needless to say I have gone out and snapped up another bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by SuummerL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels like dollar store lotion, this stuff doesn't make me shave less than before, I still shave everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by benette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product that does what it claims. I use it under my arms after getting waxed and it calms the skin down as well. I've found that it extends the period between waxing by at least a week. Definite repurchase, if I can find it!