September 16, 2014 | 1837 users online

Masks - Neutrogena - neutrogena fine fairness mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by xlipstickloverx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi, yes i would buy it again if it was easy to get hold of but it isnt... not in the UK anyway!! What i like about this (my cousin sends me it from Singapore) is how it makes me skin look dewy and brighter/radiant. I don't know about the fairness bit but I like what effect it has on me anyway. One of the best i've used so far! Its not cheap! I could buy two packs of neutrogena masks in the uk for the same price as this.

overall will continue to use so long as I can get hold of them, but will be looking out for something a bit less in cost. x

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It retails for SGD1.75.

I love this because it gives me a glow and it's moisturising. I've tried other masks before but their glows(if I do get one) cannot compete with this!

This mask makes you fair without giving you a white cast. Some horrible brands do and I hate it when my face is sooo much fairer than my neck.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by beautyforeves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very disappointed at how the mask turned out. So I left the mask on for 15 minutes and as soon as I took it off, my face felt like it was burning up, so I ran to the mirror. My entire face was flaming red!
I must have been allergic to something in the mask.
All I have to say is, always do a test trial on a small patch of skin or something, or your face could end up like mine right now.
Let's hope the burning and redness will go away soon.
Fingers crossed!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by anyarei

This mask was my to-go mask in Taiwan and when I could find it Singapore. It did a good job of keeping my face fair and plump and acne-free when I wore it for consecutive days. However, I didn't realize the ingredients contained parabens... I can get the same result from this mask from an organic mask without preservatives.

Here is the list of ingredients in the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Mask:

Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Mulberry (Morus Alba) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trioctanoin, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying lots of masks to fade the acne that I got after using L'oreal Demar Genesis essence. This one is the deep whitening one, the smell is not pleassant and the effects were not so satisfactory for the price that was charged. The effects are almost the same as the hidrating C that costs less and has no overpowering scent, I also tried Freshel C but it irritated and made my skin red. Then I tried Garnier lemon cloth mask that is very wet and the next morning my skin was well hidrated and the pimple scars faded better than the neutrogena's mask, the frangrance is good at the beggining but if you use a mask every night the smaell is going to annoy you in the long run but Garnier masks cost less than neutrogena's hidrating C and the effects that you see next morning are most evident, it gives you a incomparable glow. Then after reading the reviews I went to the department store and I bout a box with 3 masks from Fancl, total waste of my money, the essence was non scented, very dry mask and did absolutely NOTHING to my skin, no glow, no fading scars, nada. And I am thinking about trying the SK II but after the Fancl masks, I am a little afraid of wasting my money and not getting any results, I also tried Kose medicated Sekkisei, non scented, but the results were ridiculous, I saw nothing and the blue bottle cost me a lot of money. I tried the Lóreal White Perfect mask, the scent is good, not owerpowering, it did nothing good to my skin but added some littlr red pimples.Then I tried White Radiance soothing whitening stretch mask, the scent was ok, good but after drying the mask , my face was stuck with a lot of white dried stuff from the mask, don't use if you are planning to go out after that, or you need to rinse your face. Well, this mask made a lot of white mess on my hair, forehead and nothing good to my skin, absolutely nothing.
My conclusion up to now, Garnier mask is better due to results, hydrating power and mask thickness but the lemon scent is a big turn off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by rinsrevenge

Neutrogena has rebranded its two best-selling masks as Deep Whitening (the one with 14,000 microholes), and Deep Hydrating (with Vitamin C). I've tried both, and both are them are truly my HG of facial masks.

I use each of them alternately for 5 days in a week, from Mon-Fri (usually 3 Deep Hydrating masks and 2 Deep Whitening ones). I've done so for about a month, and the results are fantastic, you just need to be patient and committed, and not expect a miracle after just a few uses...

My skin's moisturization levels have improved so much that I no longer require a separate moisturiser. Every night I'll apply Estee Lauder's new Advanced Night Repair serum before placing on a mask. Note: I leave the mask overnight, and it does not dry my skin out. I guess I can't bear to remove it after just 15 minutes as there's still so much lotion left and I don't want to waste a single drop. :P

In terms of skin whitening, the mask has left me much fairer (not like a ghost, but a healthy glow). Most impressively, my old acne scars are barely noticeable. I only had about 2 or 3 dark spots to begin with, and after using the Deep Whitening Mask religiously, those spots are no longer a problem. Hooray!!

Two thumbs up that the masks do not contain alcohol, so they have not dried out my skin. Personally, I feel while my skin's hydration levels have improved, my skin has also gotten less oily and I hardly get breakouts. So the masks improve your skin's overall health, too.

My advice: DON'T purchase the masks in the box, which comes with five pieces. The price can go as high as $36.75 for Deep Whitening. I think it's nuts, and you will save so much more if you buy it PER PIECE. For those living in Singapore, I get mine for $2.95 at Guardian (both masks cost the same), so $2.95x5= $14.75, which is really not expensive at all. So ladies, remember to buy the masks in loose form! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been tanned for quite a while and I'm on the last stages of losing that tan! I found that this mask is awesome! Beyond awesome actually. When I first put on this mask, there was a tingling sensation, but I didn't mind that too much. I suspect if I had really dry skin it could've been intense - but nothing unmanageable. I was a bit disappointed when I took off the mask but silly me! Of course the effects wouldn't be so instant. The next morning when I woke up my complexion was so much fairer - all my friends noticed! I will definately repurchase - a bit pricey for my standards but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

My mother bought these from Watson's when she was in Asia, and saved some for me :) I finally decided to use it yesterday because I had been stressed, breaking out from PMS, and was too busy to do my usual mask/treatments (Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask or Olay Microdermabrasion peel). I left this on for about 15 minutes (until it started falling off) and my skin definitely feels softer and looks more even. This morning when I woke up, my skin looked less dull as well. I would definitely repurchase these if I am able to find them (I'm in the U.S. and haven't seen this here yet).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on the fence with this mask. It does brighten my skin a lot, when I take the mask off, my skin looks very milky white and the following morning, it does look brighter. Though, it doesnt last long unless you use the mask every other day or so. But the masks are pretty expensive for a drugstore brand, maybe cos the use of supermodels as their spokesperson makes their prices higher than other drugstore products :S
There are some sales promotions at Watsons such as GWP and buy 3 get 1 free or something like that when I bought it. However, it is extremely expensive if you're not in Asia and for me to buy the masks in the UK, I must buy off sasa.com and some other HK based webstore and the shipping is atrocious.
The mask does sting the face every time you use it, but that goes away within a few minutes so its bearable.
I cant say for sure that the masks break me out as there were 2 incidences when I had 2-3 pimples the following morning after using the mask. I still have another 2 boxes of the mask so will update

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pepamint

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is called Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask with Smart Fit fabric.
As I had tried Neutrogena's hydrating masks before, i had high hopes for this. Unfortunately, after 10 minutes on my face, i started feeling a bit of sting on my cheeks. After I washed everything off, my face did look brighter. However, after an hour or so, a few red patches and small red bumps appeared on my face!
Not good for me at all :o(