Sisley Oil Free Fluid Foundation

4.4

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

This is a marvellous foundation! The finish is absolutely gorgeous, half matte, half sheen. I have very sensitive skin around my cheeks that itch and this hasn't agitated it, in fact, I think the goodness of the ingredients in the foundation has helped calm it. The texture is a light liquid and the coverage goes on medium which can be built on to cover imperfections. The colours are of a good range but I would suggest going to a Sisley counter and having someone apply this for you on your entire face because I've noticed the colour settles into the skin and looks slightly different from when it first goes on. Thankfully, the beauty consultant who applied it on for me had the knowledge of which colour would suit me best while considering the settling. It's a bane to apply liquid foundation when in a rush but the Real Techniques expert brush has made it so much easier, the end result is a lovely air-brushed look. I finish off with MAC blot powder and while I do have oily combination skin, I've only had to tissue-blot once after seven hours. Pricey but definitely worth every cent!

I absolutely love this! I was a little unsure at first because I use a heavier foundation and this seemed pretty light, but after using it I am completely sold! My skin has become so much better just after using this product! Breakouts are very minor and so much better than I have had in the past. It feels great on and keeps my oil at bay all day long! It is winter for me, so it will be interesting to see how it holds up in the summer. Definitely can see dry spots, so you want to be moisturized prior to use. Hands down my go to! Your skin is your bodies largest organ, why not spend the money on it!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Simply.... fantastic. I bought this product after reading so many positive reviews. I use the Sisley creams (night and day) and was curious to try also the makeup. This foundation is perfect, I am the kind of person who absolutely drinks makeup (after max 2 hrs disappears) and with this foundation I noticed that now it remains all day!!!! the texture is fantastic, I took a 3+ colour. then just add my Guerlain terracotta, some blush and I am ready! I would absolutey buy this again it is pricey (like all Sisley products) but I feel that it worsk on me and is also good for the skin. I suggest you to try it well before purchasing for the colour. You can ask to Sephora to have a sample and try it some days.

I think my search is over. This is my HG foundation. I have used it for two moths and I cannot be happier. I think is perfect for a skin like mine: oily combination, no acne but pimples and hormonal breakouts and starting ageing. The coverage is on the light side, so no suitable for covering major problems. It stays in place for 8 hours and it does not emphasise pores. What else can I ask? The colour range is bad though. I was lucky to fit in 4 , but most of the shades have pink undertones, which is a problem for me. It is expensive , but worth every euro. I have wasted so much money on foundations that did not work that I feel this is a good investment. Will repurchase forever. Please, don't discontinue it!

I've been using this foundation for more than 10 years and each time I decide to try something new I keep going back to it. The color (I use no.2) is perfect for my skin tone and it gives my a flawless complexion. It has excellent lasting power and glides on smoothly. My acne-prone skin has never broke out and it's like a second skin. I hate the glass bottle (which makes it inconvenient for traveling) and its pricey... But worth every penny for the results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After almost a month of using this I can't say I'm too impressed. I bought this in Ivory and it matches my skin tone very nicely, but that's the only positive thing about it. My main problem with this product is that it makes my skin gradually more congested and inflamed, and it's definitely made my acne worse. I don't like the oily-powdery texture on my face, and that combined with the ever-growing number of inflamed cysts is making me very disappointed with this foundation. Unfortunately I still haven't accepted the fact that I paid £60 for this product so I keep using it with different moisturisers, primers or powders in the hope that it will be a little more forgiving for my skin. Time to go back to Transmat i think...
Edit: thanks to my hormones normalising a bit this foundation works a lot better for me now that my skin isn't nearly as oily as it used to be. I'm on my 4th bottle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to take up the hunt for my HG foundation again (you know how it goes), and the reviews were so good that I couldn't not try this one. I had been using the MUFE HD, only at times when I wanted to look more polished, or when my skin was acting up. At the time I decided to try this, my skin was not super (various dark spots, whiteheads, uneven in general), so I found myself leaning on the MUFE more and more, and liking it less and less (the texture change towards the end of the day, the reddish oxidation, and the suspicion that it was not helping my clogged pores any).

I visited the Sisley counter at Neiman's and got color matched. Right away I was impressed. The texture going on was unlike any foundation I'd ever tried- very smooth, and very ight-feeling. It was a medium weight, and only a small amount was required. The immediate effect was like someone had taken the blur tool to my skin- it looked perfect, with a very natural, barely velvety finish. The rep "oohed" and "aahed" - and while I'm usually not taken in by sales reps' enthusiasm, I felt it was actually warranted this time. I requested two sample packets to take home and try over the next couple of weeks. She had used a brush to apply, I wanted to try with my own brushes, my fingers, etc., with my own moisturizer, etc etc.

The only problem turned out to be the color. In the store, it was perfect as perfect can be. If only I lived out my life inside Neiman Marcus! Outside, it had a slightly reddish cast (my color was Sand 2+), but I decided to give it a chance, experimenting with different applications, etc. After 2 weeks, I found that it was perfect in every way...but the color just looked off, which obviously defeats the whole purpose. In some light (indoor lighting, and even flash photographs) it looked great, but in natural, outdoor light, it was obviously not a perfect match. I even went into Neiman's again, determined not to give up, and tried the next shades up and down, which were immediately too light and too dark, respectively. Hell, I even tried the same shade from the tester bottle again, hoping that the packets were somehow a fluke and had been sitting too long- but when I walked out of the store to check it out in daylight, it still wasn't right. BUMMER.

Conclusion: I LOVE the formulation - I would have happily paid the hefty price tag if I had found the perfect color match. Unfortunately, their range is just not as fine tuned as it could be, in my opinion. The "+" shades are meant to have yellowish vs pinkish undertones, but I found my closest match in that category to be too ruddy to look natural on me.

Recommendation: If foundation is something you wear every day, don't be put off by the price- it's totally worth it if you find the right color. But absolutely, as common sense dictates with any foundation or perfume, wear it for at least a full day before deciding.

*The packets I got each lasted a good week each, and I could have gotten more out of them if I'd tried.

The best!!! Been using now for 5-7 months, makes your skin look younger! Looks better as the day goes on too! Perfect.

This is hands down the best foundation available. It goes on beautifully and actually looks even better as the day goes on. It is quite expensive, but so worth it!

For me, this is not a foundation, this is a tinted moisturizer.