Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 5/20/2015 7:16:00 AM

I personally like this product, i feel it does kind of dry your face out though and i wouldnt recommened it without other products, i have oily skin and i have seen a small improvement, i have been using this every night with two other products and HARDLY ever get pimples!

on 5/12/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and was looking for something to use as a daily cleanser and remove my makeup. This stuff dried out my skin SO BAD! No cleanser has ever done that to me before, and my skin is extremely oily. It also broke me out AND didn't remove my makeup! It also has a strong fragrance and burns the eyes. Don't buy.

I had a really bad break out issue after I had my son. Horrible. Cystic acne all over my cheeks and chin. sigh. Anyways, I bought Aveeno Clear Complexion, made it way worse, Neutrogena Oil Free acne wash, dried out so frigging bad it hurt, Clean and Clear, and a host of others I bought at Sophora thinking it would fix it and nada. Soooo bought this after doing some research and reading reviews and holy crap this stuff is amazing! Makes my skin soooo soft and clean. Never dries it out. This paired with their moisturizer, Simple toner and my Green Tea scrub has made my skin nicer than I think I have ever seen it :D Never caused me to break out either ! Love love ! Will repurchase this stuff forever

on 3/15/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. For my oily/acne prone skin, this is the perfect cleanser for my face, as it's gentle and does a great job cleaning my skin without making it feel very tight and dry. I use it night and day and have been using it for about 5+ years. Prior to using this Cetaphil cleanser, I was using a variety of products - none of which I felt as satisfied using.

Pros:
- It cleans my skin thoroughly
- Scent is light, not overpowering
- You don't need too much to get a good clean; bottles last a long time as a result
- My skin isn't left very tight or dry after I wash it off
- Product rinses off completely - no film left behind

Cons:
- It's on the pricier side, so I tend to wait til it's on sale and buy in bulk
- If you prefer cleansers that foam, bubble, etc., you won't like this one
- It *could* be a little drying for certain people - purchase a small bottle or use some from a friend before deciding to invest in a larger one. My brother (who has oily skin) didn't like this product - felt it was too drying for his skin, yet my sister (who also has oily skin) absolutely loves this stuff.

on 3/2/2015 2:22:00 AM

just tried this today after buying it a month or 2 ago, the only good thing I can say about it is the packaging and size, which is a good value. it has a smell to it that smells like the rubber cement I used to use in grade school for arts and crafts, its disgusting. I lost the receipt so I can't return it, hopefully my brother can use it and if not, I will use it to wash my makeup or hair brushes

on 2/22/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Was in between face washes...using something that was 'ok' but I was almost out of it but not wanting to spend the $$ on my normal cleanser just yet. I figured what better time to try this product. It's convenient to find and very affordable. I read the back of the bottle and it seemed like it would be good to my skin in this cold, Chicago winter. I have combination skin and don't have any major skin issues. After reading the reviews on here I couldn't wait to see what my OWN experience would be. After two weeks of faithfully using this product I can say that, like many on here, I am not thrilled. Not at all. I like the fresh smell, like the typical face wash texture...but that's about it. For two weeks I used this, morning & night, ...with my Clarisonic Mia...and my skin is slightly worse than when I started. The only problem I was having at that time was dryness and a rough patch or two on my cheeks which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been estranged from my Clarisonic for going on 3 weeks. Anyhow, I may as well had of washed my face with the dishwashing liquid sitting on my sink... it actually smells similar. I hadn't even gotten through week one when I started getting small bumps. I thought that maybe it was just....idk what I thought....but I kept using it to make SURE it wasn't just me being too eager. By the end of the second week not only has my skin broken out but it is still dry. Not dry like the product dried my face out, dry like it didn't help the dryness already going on. And yes, I moisturize. Sooooo, summing it up, I think i'll trash this. I don't want to keep it and, a few months from now, forget why I didn't like it. I already made the trip to Ulta to buy it's replacement, my trusty Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel.

on 2/21/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Nice cleanser, good price, doesn't dry up skin. I just think is as good as many others. My husband loves it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY FOREVER STAPLE! The dermatologist recommended this after countless attempts to lotions and soaps! I'd tried everything (Eucerin, Clinique, Bath and Body Works), and I finally found this gem. For sensitive skin/dry, this is a must! I must say, my mother (strong skin, oily), this wasn't AS HELPFUL as Clinique for her!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I first bought this product because i really needed a new cleanser for my oily skin and since i heard a lot of people raving about this i decided to try it. It says its suppose to help manage your acne and oiliness but i felt like it didnt do much for my acne but it did clean my face pretty good and it wasnt drying on my skin at all. but overall if i ran out of this cleanser im probably going to try something else to experiment!

on 1/20/2015 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been wanting to try Cetaphil for awhile, the only set back for me has been the price. But I decided to give it a shot, I have oily acne prone skin. I want to be able to say this is like a miracle product but it hasn't done much with my acne. I will say that it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin which is good. I've only been using it for a month so maybe I should just wait for improvement because right now my feeling are mixed. I will keep using it and see how it goes.