July 31, 2014 | 1717 users online

Skincare - Face - Nuxe - Phytochoc serum

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Revenue

Great product!
I have combination skin and my T-zone becomes oily very easily and this thing is amazing!
It doesn't say that it mattifyes the skin, but it really does!
Texture is very runny and it sinks into the skin without leaving sticky feeling that most serums do. And once it sinks in it leaves your skin very soft and nice. It minimizes wrinkles a bit and overall - it just makes your complexion look noticeably better within just a few minutes.
And like I said - the best thing about it is that it makes your oily zones stay non greasy for hours and hours.
People are complaining about the smell but I really like it - it is nice, fresh, herbal scent, reminds me a bit of some citrus fruit, it's hard to define what exactly it smells like.
Only downside of this is that it only contains 15ml of the product, when most other serums have at least 30ml. So it is really expensive, but also worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sad to say for such a nice brand, but this isn't an amazing product. I only bought it because it had a big discount (50% off) but I'd lie if I'd say that I expected something average from Nuxe.
It was supposed to be an anti-aging eye and face serum suitable for daily use and all skin types and promised a brighter and more toned skin. But the truth is that besides from a momentary fresh feeling when it is being applied, it doesn't really improve the skin condition on the long run. Also, the complaints I read from other reviewers about how easy it is for the skin to break out do make sense, as the formula is very strongly scented and overpowering. The smell lingers for too long in an area where there should be few to no scent at all, for not taking risks.
Anyway, I'm lucky enough that my skin isn't too sensitive, so I handled this product pretty nicely, but I must show my sympathy for those who spent good money and did not gain anything but a massive skin irritation. Despite it is fresh, oil-free and easy to blend in, it is miles away from keeping its promise. Therefore, isn't repurchase-worthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lohhy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Uhm, what a dud. I have good skin, just thought i needed some "lift". And this product broke me out immediately on the day that I used it. I thought it may be hormonal or something, and gave it a break. Tried it again the other day and the pimples came out again! On the brow, beside the nose... I have used creamier, heavier formulas that have never given me pimples. I generally love Nuxe products - just don't know what was wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by doujima

I used a tester of this stuff around the eyes (lasted over a month) and noticed a smoothing effect. it was moisturizing while non-greasy and did not irritate my skin. I'll probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I donít know what kind of results this serum would provide because I cannot use it on my sensitive skin. It makes my skin red and itchy (I blame the fragrance and essential oils). The herbal fragrance is so strong that it triggers my nasal allergies, and I find the texture to be a bit sticky. Overall, I do not recommend this product. There are better anti-aging serums available.
Ingredients: Water, Decamethyl Cyclopentasiloxane, Soybean Protein, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate Methylsilanol, Yeast Extract, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, Melon Fruit Extract, Glycerol, Xylitol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Trehalose, Propylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Alcohol, Cocoa Polyphenols, Dimethylcyclosiloxane, Octamethylcyclotetrasiloxane, Cocoa Extract, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aspartate, Sodium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolysed Algin, Fragrance, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Sea Water, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthoxypropanediol, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, PEG-8, Disodium EDTA, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by allanahstarrts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing results! It s specially does a great job around the eye area.
I havent found anything that gets close to this for my eyes. No need to use a moisturizer for eyes after.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2003 5:49:00 AM More reviews by okinawa

The Phytochoc line contains cocoa bean extracts in a patented formula and is supposed to prevent skin ageing.... Well, the serum has not been a succes for me - unfortunately. It can be used around the eyes too, and after using it for about 3 days, I had two pimples in that area!!! One on upper eyelid (don't think i've ever had one there before!) and one below. The texture is serum-like, none-greasy and a little bit sticky and apart from the pimples I've seen no effect. I like the emulsion SO MUCH BETTER....