MAC Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

3.9

on 2/12/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Vanilla scented light neutral baby pink. It has an almost opal look to it with shimmer and a lilac undertone. It's really pretty and brightens up my face!

on 12/3/2014 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This seemed like a promising shade for me. However, I then realized it is the dreaded lustre finish that has absolutely no staying power. Maybe next time MAC. I will not repurchase.

on 8/9/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This is a nice sheer, pale pink with shimmer. Almost looks like you are wearing a gloss. I like it. It's very subtle and nice. Probably not a good choice if you're going for a pigmented lipstick. I am undecided weather I would repurchase this or not, but it's subtle enough to be an everyday lipstick. I have tan skin but I still like this lipstick.

gorgeous with my fair skin

on 12/14/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG lipstick. My natural lip color is pretty light so putting this over it a few times almost completely hides my rosy lips, but still allows some of their color to shine through which I like. Happy Hibiscus was my old favorite, but it was too opaque and pink to use regularly. Now I have this bad boy who goes with all my eyeshadow colors and doesn't need a lip liner or gloss to do it any justice, it works great all on its own. Loveeee it!

I have such mixed feelings towards this lipstick, personally it does not work on me because of how sheer it actually is. It is so pale and seeing as I have pigmented lips it does not show up great, in the bullet it looks so pretty but when it is swatched and on the lips it doesn't live up to the expectations. Overall I am really disappointed with the products.

on 5/22/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I did not get on with this lipstick at all. I can understand why the pigmentation wasn't great because it is a Lustre lipstick which means a tint of colour Lustre's are very creamy and smooth on the lips but if you want a lipstick with good pigmentation then this isn't for you. I have very pale skin and noticed when wearing this that it makes me look dead because it a pale pinky shade with undertones of lilac its not my favorite and i wouldn't purchase it again for its price.

on 4/18/2013 4:42:00 PM

Don't love it don't hate it...very frosty color. I like wearing it mostly for work because it doesn't give much color and my eyes pop more. I would probably not repurchase again, but the color was alright.

on 11/15/2012 11:10:00 PM

This lipstick is just not for me ... :( it's a very pale pink with a glitter lipstick which is not match me at all. I tried alot to like it but.. NO :( it looks so weird on me like i don't have a lips -.-

on 9/13/2012 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was lemming this lipstick for so long. I love it. For so long I shied away from pale lipsticks because I have very dark lips and most lipsticks (ie. drugstore ones) just don't show up. But MAC lipsticks do! So I can only buy MAC lipsticks, that is if I want people to actually see the lipstick colour! This is a pale milky pink colour that I love, not frosty, since I have such dark lips I just don't do frosty lips well but this isn't frosty at all. It's too sheer for my taste because you can still see what dark lips I have, but you can build it up even if it means passing it over and over again in order to get enough colour to show, but if you do that it looks terrific, really tones down these dark lips especially when I have dark eye make-up and I don't want dark lips.

Popular Lipsticks