April 23, 2014 | 2025 users online

Eye Shadow - Bourjois - Suivez mon Regard - Multi Shimmer Loose Eye Shadow

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by marti217

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this for years and probably should throw away as I'm sure it's past expiry date but usually with makeup unless it makes my skin peel or swell I keep using until I run out.

I like the shade (no. 12 regard rose lilas) - lovely pink shade. Over the time I have managed to misplace the included brush but I prefer my own brushes anyway. The size of the brush included made for a very clumsy application.

So to sum up because I don't feel like writing a novel about an eye shadow - nice shade, with eye primer lasts all day (without the primer it's unimpressive), impractical packaging, wouldn't repurchase this particular product mostly because of the weird packaging but will probably look for a similar pink shade when this one's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best loose pigments around in possibly the worst packaging ever. I have an easy TRICK TO OPEN IT without wasting any of the product though ;) I'll tell you what to do at the end of this review.
The quality is amazing and once applied it stays on very well. Unlike some loose eyeshadows which can be too powdery this thing sticks: to itself, edges of the jar, brush, skin... basically everything apart from the brush it comes with. Unless you decide to use the built-in brush you will experience minimal fallout.
The colours are brilliant, vibrant and very sparkly without being glittery (apart from one gold shade- that one is pretty much just fine glitter). I've used several shades and found them all very good for the price. Now I am using Rose Or, very similar to (the discontinued) Round Pot eyeshadow and blush of the same name. It's a lovely golden rose pink. I love this colour so much I've actually stocked up on it, I have several unopened jars. I use it:
-when I want to add sparkles, on top of my NARS Deep Throat Blush
-alone on bare lids for a fresh edgy look
-on MAC paintpot as eyeshadow (it's easy to pack LOTS of it and it stays put!)
-mixed with Inglot Duraline either as eyeliner or liquid eyeshadow (it is sooooo intense with this mixer! Gives a polished metal look, I love it!)
The packaging was obviously meant to be easy to use for those who never tried loose pigments and think they can be messy... and it's a fail! The nylon brush attached is utterly useless yet it's the only thing that can properly reach the pigment at the bottom. Tilting the container upside down and shaking it gets only a tiny bit of pigment out, due to the unusual shape. Without opening the jar it's impossible to use even half of the pigment, once the brush can no longer reach it at the bottom there's still lots of it stuck to the inside of the jar. Don't even think of keeping it in it's original packaging. Do what I do:
HOW TO OPEN:
You will need a clean cosmetics jar (I get mine form Muji), a flat screwdriver and fire (gass cooker is perfect).
Turn closed jar upside down and remove the sticker from the bottom. You will notice that the bottom of the jar underneath the sticker is made of a different type of plastic. Heat the end of the screwdriver on fire and when it's hot push it anywhere along the edge of the two types of plastic. The bottom will just pop open! Voila! Now you can empty the contents into your new jar. The 2.6g will last you a long, long time!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Ilundu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a few of them as a present because i liked the color range they offered at that time. The reality is that i don't find them a quality product as they may seem at first. When i apply it the powder falls out on to my cheeks and it doesn't stick very well on my eyelids. Moreover, i never get the intense effect i want and it's very little noticeable unless i reapply it several times or wet the brush it brings.

The worst part is that i got this eyeshadow in 8 different shades i barely use. The ones that really match my eyes are 07-Regard Ambre, 13- Regard Kaki Mordoré and 07-Regard Sable Nacré. The 01- Illuminator du regard is quite a nice one which might match any eye colour as a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

***UPDATE*** 01/14/2010
I recently purchased for 6.99 each #03 Rose or(which I reviewed seperately) & #24 bleau swimming pool & its gorgeous its a beautiful blue/green just gorgeous when dry its still pretty but nothing compared to its colour when wet its like looking into a beautiful caribbean ocean if you can find either color whether it be on clearance or not the bleau is a MUST!!!!!!

I received this in #6 which is a nice green not light not dark perfect over my medium brown eyes anyhow that was in 2004 and wore it on N off right up until 2007 where it was placed in my sometime makeup stash earlier this year I went to the sometime stash and seen it and since I had empty screw type 06z sifter style pots I decided to depot it and place in there OMG it was so hard because the top does not screw off allowing me to remove shadow after brainstorming I decided to use a cork screw(the one you open up wine with) and just kept at it until it pop out Lol....so looking forward to reusing this again.....from what I remember it was the bush that sucks way to big for what I was looking to do wish is great if you want an all over on the lid just make sure to pat as it tends to have some fall out.....different damp brush(angled)and Beautiful....I know a lot was written hope it helps:)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by artfag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I like the colours and the texture of these eyeshadows. I have them in "bleu insolite", an opalescent white/blue, and "pepite d'or", which is gold with big glitter chunks.

I agree that the packaging is a little unpractical . What I do is remove the brush and put it aside, tap some eyeshadow powder into the lid and use a proper eyeshadow brush to apply it. I swirl and tap like I would do with loose mineral foundation.

The "bleu insolite" is a little too over the top to wear all over the lid, but it makes a great highlighter when you're wearing dark grey or navy eyeshadow (but be light-handed or you'll look like Tinkerbell flew past you and bombarded you with fairy dust!).
I like to use the "pepite d'or" as a highlighter on the middle of my eyelid when I'm wearing taupe or brown eyeshadow. It's a good idea to use primer on your eyelid to make them last (I use Clarins' instant light).

Once you get the knack of using these shadows, you'll appreciate them. Good luck everyone :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty colours... and that's where my praise for this product ends! I have this in 27 Sparkling Blue. This stuff feels like spreading sand on my eyelid. It's gritty. The included brush is poor - I get major fallout when using it. Using my own brush helps prevent fallout but even so, I struggle to get it looking good on my eyelid. I don't understand all the rave reviews for this. Fyrinnae make far superior eyeshadows. I usually love Bourjois products but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I introduce to you, the product that made me hate all loose powder eyeshadows!
The packaging is a nightmare, i had to cut off the top so i could get at the pigment with a felt lip applicator, otherwise the brush either had nothing on it or too much. They look terrible now but at least I can get at the product!
Its really not something I'd buy again because of all the hassle, Barry M do much more pigmented shadows which are way easier to get at (they're cheaper, too!), too bad I didn't know about them when I bought the bourjois eyeshadow. What a waste of my time and money

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by androniki

I love the color. I have it in 08 (Regard bleu). It looks white in the container but when you use it it's purple/light blue. It looks great if you have green eyes. I use it with brown eye shadow on the outer corner of my eyes and they really stand out. I get many compliments. I hate the packaging! The brush gets either too little of the product or too much which ends up in getting the eye shadow on your cheeks or elsewhere on your face. I wish I could put it in a sifter jar, but it doesn't open!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2009 5:46:00 AM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 08 Regard Bleu Insolite. It looks white in the container but when applied looks like a pastel blue and purple, depending on the lighting.
The color is very pretty, although hard to combine with any other eyeshadow I own. But what really puts me off is the packaging. I HATE it! I could never get the right amount on that stupid brush. It's either too much or too little and half of it would fall on my cheek anyway. And this stuff is hard to get off! Friends would be coming to me telling me I have blue stuff under my eye, it's so annoying.
At first I tried to make it work by putting the powder in a lid and then using a brush of my own to apply it but it's such a big fuss that I hardly ever use it.
Recently I tried to depot this into a jar. But there is still one third left in the stupid container and I can't imagine how I can get that out without making a big mess.
I'm not sure whether I will repurchase. I'm inclined to say no because the colors aren't easy to combine, they are super shimmery and I'm not a fan of wearing only one color on the entire lid. Also, the packaging kills me! I feel like giving this only 1 lippie just for the horrible packaging!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in 26 gris pixel, which is kind of a not so bright yet not dull silvery grey. Not a very unique or hard to find shade.

Poor pigmentation, very gritty/flaky texture, hard to pick out the product evenly on a brush, tremendous amount of fall out...if, however, you can work your way through all that, the shadow is actually very easy to blend.

Needless to say...won't repurchase...