Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.6

on 3/2/2015 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I have dry to normal skin, and have been using this product for a while now, probably a year, and I have to say, this is the best one I've ever tried by far. It moisturizes my skin, takes off makeup with the help of a face cloth. It doesn't dry out my face, and it has vitamin beads that burst on contact. So it nourishes and moisturizes. I recently started incorporating more of this line into my skincare routine, the Gentle Toner and Nourishing Moisturizer. They all work perfectly, and after less than a week of using it, my skin has been glowing, and my face looks so fresh all the time! I don't want to wear makeup anymore because of this line. HG

on 3/1/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have oily skin and my skin still ended up drying out despite this cleanser. I guess I am too used to the foaming action of my usual type of cleanser that my face didnt feel properly clean using this. I also noticed more clogged pores. I know it is intended for dry skin anyway but I thought I'd try it because I wanted something mild. I do like the pink colour though.

I enjoyed using this cleanser and I thought it did the job well. It certainly moisturized my face but after a while using it once a day it started to make my face oily, I have skin that is fairly dry so this was unusual. There was no scent and the cream was smooth and quite refreshing.
Although I would not purchase this product again simply because I believe there are better products out there, it is still a okay product and does what it is supposed to do.

on 6/7/2014 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As much as I love Nivea products, I don't like any of their body washes for some reasons.
They all smell great, I love the scent, but they are very drying on my skin.

on 5/18/2014 7:48:00 AM

Nice Very soft textured wash cream which did not dry out my skin, but was not particularly cleansing either. I applied it with my fingers in the shower in the morning (I use something more cleansing at night to get rid of make up etc) and just rinsed off which the water so maybe I should have used it with an exfoliator or a muslin cloth as the so called exfoliating beads don't seem to do much and there only looks like there is about 3 in each helping of cream! Might try it again with a cloth, because it was cheap!

on 5/14/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've had eczema and dry skin ever since I was a kid. I love Nivea and I feel that this product does not get enough love. I use this every time I shower (every second day) but I know this is gentle enough to be used everyday. I use this in the shower with an exfoliating sponge and it cleans up my skin perfectly. It is very mild so it is gentle, as it says in its name, therefore it is not strong enough to remove makeup on its own but of course if your skin is as sensitive as mine, you shouldn't be wearing too much make up in the first place. I've been using this product for years and I've tried many other cleansers (they usually break me out or are too harsh) but this one has always been my baby.

on 3/19/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this cleanser for a long time now. I don't use foam cleaners because my skin is dry. This is my favorite facial cleanser because it's not got a strong gross smell and it's as gentle as it claims. It does a wonderful job at getting all my make up off, although I always use a make up wipe first. Just habit but probably not that necessary.

It's very creamy and makes my skin soft and supple. When I rinse it off you can feel a very smooth skin. It will feel like an oily layer but once you dry your face it there's nothing. It will feel like you haven't rinsed it all off, but in fact you have. I don't have a single issue with my skin from this cleanser. I've used the no 7 cleansing balm but it does leave a gross residue feeling on your face. Not a good feeling. It's also like $6 so that's even better :) it also come in a tube so you don't waste any product :) love love LOVE

on 2/7/2014 10:45:00 AM

My skin has been so dry and flaky this winter and I have several red patches as well so I thought I would try this. It is a really thick cream and you need a wash cloth to fully remove it.

on 12/30/2013 12:52:00 PM

This works very well and leaves skin soft and clean, but lately i've been trying to find a paraben free substitute, if i don't find one that works this good i'll keep buying it. I use high end brands but nothing beats this.

on 5/25/2013 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was in newest reviews which reminded me: I have to rave about this! Takes off makeup like many cleansing creams, with a warm microfibre cloth. Takes about 2 goes to get thoroughly clean skin. Leaves my skin soft and smooth as if I've had a facial. Cost me about 5.99 canadian. Never broke me out. I have sensitive skin that is also dry. Never irritates my skin. I do a honey mask afterwards and that's it... Skin ready for moisturizer/serum. Gentle, effective, perfect. The 'exfoliating beads' do nothing to exfoliate, dunno what some of the reviews here are on about. They dissolve so quickly at a slight touch. I believe that they contain some kind of mild moisturizer.