August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by monka191

As much as I love Nivea products, I don't like any of their body washes for some reasons.
They all smell great, I love the scent, but they are very drying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

Nice Very soft textured wash cream which did not dry out my skin, but was not particularly cleansing either. I applied it with my fingers in the shower in the morning (I use something more cleansing at night to get rid of make up etc) and just rinsed off which the water so maybe I should have used it with an exfoliator or a muslin cloth as the so called exfoliating beads don't seem to do much and there only looks like there is about 3 in each helping of cream! Might try it again with a cloth, because it was cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by msaer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had eczema and dry skin ever since I was a kid. I love Nivea and I feel that this product does not get enough love. I use this every time I shower (every second day) but I know this is gentle enough to be used everyday. I use this in the shower with an exfoliating sponge and it cleans up my skin perfectly. It is very mild so it is gentle, as it says in its name, therefore it is not strong enough to remove makeup on its own but of course if your skin is as sensitive as mine, you shouldn't be wearing too much make up in the first place. I've been using this product for years and I've tried many other cleansers (they usually break me out or are too harsh) but this one has always been my baby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for a long time now. I don't use foam cleaners because my skin is dry. This is my favorite facial cleanser because it's not got a strong gross smell and it's as gentle as it claims. It does a wonderful job at getting all my make up off, although I always use a make up wipe first. Just habit but probably not that necessary.

It's very creamy and makes my skin soft and supple. When I rinse it off you can feel a very smooth skin. It will feel like an oily layer but once you dry your face it there's nothing. It will feel like you haven't rinsed it all off, but in fact you have. I don't have a single issue with my skin from this cleanser. I've used the no 7 cleansing balm but it does leave a gross residue feeling on your face. Not a good feeling. It's also like $6 so that's even better :) it also come in a tube so you don't waste any product :) love love LOVE

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really great cleanser. My skin has been so dry and flaky this winter and I have several red patches as well. I use a wash cloth to fully remove it and it leaves my skin so soft and hydrated. As for scent, I barely even notice it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works very well and leaves skin soft and clean, but lately i've been trying to find a paraben free substitute, if i don't find one that works this good i'll keep buying it. I use high end brands but nothing beats this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This was in newest reviews which reminded me: I have to rave about this! Takes off makeup like many cleansing creams, with a warm microfibre cloth. Takes about 2 goes to get thoroughly clean skin. Leaves my skin soft and smooth as if I've had a facial. Cost me about 5.99 canadian. Never broke me out. I have sensitive skin that is also dry. Never irritates my skin. I do a honey mask afterwards and that's it... Skin ready for moisturizer/serum. Gentle, effective, perfect. The 'exfoliating beads' do nothing to exfoliate, dunno what some of the reviews here are on about. They dissolve so quickly at a slight touch. I believe that they contain some kind of mild moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I rate this product highly because I have not used a better cleanser in my life. That's coming from a 25 year old beauty/skincare product junkie. I guess I was never familiar with or taught to use a cream cleanser with a cloth (baby muslin cloths) growing up in North America so this whole cream and cloth method is completely exotic for me. The conventional way I was taught to cleanse if i wanted to remove makeup was to use a foaming face wash, which I know now is completely wrong. Foaming, gel, soapy face washes should never be used on the skin no material what skin type you have, be it oily, combo or dry because it does not emoliate the makeup meaning it does not break down the dirt and makeup the way a cream would, AND the worse part is it always leaves your skin feeling a little dry, scaly and parched. Cream cleansers are kind and gentle to your skin, it lifts the dirt and makeup from the face so that your warm muslin cloth can wipe the nasty away while giving you a mini exfoliation. I love how bright and youthful my skin looks after I clean my face with this stuff. I love that this stuff is so affordable, a tube lasts me and my boyfriend (who also uses this twice daily) about one month. For $6 CAD I have no complaints only praises and would gladly pay more for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by zushi303

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think that this product is vastly under-rated. I love Nivea products and really trust their formulations due to their longevity and popularity in Europe. They use well-tolerated ingredients, they know skin, and I believe that there is some bias against them due to the fact that they price their products based on volume sales. Having said all that, I notice that I'm in a real minority in my age group for reviewing this product. No matter, it's definitely working for me. I don't use it to remove make-up, it's my morning staple. I work in a hospital so tend to bathe/shower at night. I bought this because I thought it would be convenient to use at the sink in the a.m., and it is. I give my face a good spray with Avene thermal water and then squeeze a bit of this onto my fingers and work it into my wet skin. Feels good! I don't like just running a cotton ball over my face and calling that cleansing, I like to get in there with my hands and this gives me something to work with that isn't drying like soap. It isn't greasy either, it's very neutral in that regard. I tissue it off and then use a cold, moist face cloth to rinse and close my pores and it feels so refreshing, clean and again, neutral. Not dry but no feeling of moisturizer left behind. Perhaps because it has mineral oil in it, it does minimize the pores on my nose and elsewhere by emulsifying the contents and really decongesting the skin. I really, really feel confident that I've been extremely gentle to my skin without compromising how clean I feel and that I haven't left anything behind. I like the finish it leaves on my skin. So if you are a little older and can afford really good skincare now, don't be prejudiced against this extremely bargain priced gem. It's available on an online drugstore website if you can't find it locally. You've got less than a tenner to lose!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by natasha102002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I am a huge nivea fan. I love their stuff. This cleared up many of my little whiteheads and pimples. Used in conjunction with Thayers Rose Water and Witch Hazel Toner, followed by Nivea Soft, my skin is clearing up nicely. But remember this a gentle, mild cleanser not for super oily makeup-covered skin! Take off your makeup first!