July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - Beauty Without Cruelty - Herbal Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best cleanser I have used for a very long time. I love the smell and the fact that it gently and thoroughly cleans and removes my make-up. It also removes my eye make-up unless I am wearing quite a lot in which case I do use eye make-up remover first. It lasts a really long time and I think it is good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by seerajene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awesome everyday cleanser. gentle and even removes white heads. with make-up, you'll need to use some sort of oil cleanser first

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Atrox

Good cream, soap free, low toxicity cleanser. I breakout easily and do not with this cleanser. Great after acid peels or after being in sun. Does not strip skin but also will not remove all waterproof makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Would give it 4.5 stars. Really nice but strong "aromatherapy" smell might put some people off. I like this better than my other favorite, Lush Aqua Marina because my skin feels cleaner yet less stripped than the Lush product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 11:14:00 PM More reviews by verarespirawho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too irritating for my very sensitive skin, but works great as an after-wax cleanser / soother to remove excess wax on skin! High quality ingredients, well executed product at a relatively inexpensive price, convenient pump bottle, just too much for my finicky face :(.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 7:32:00 AM More reviews by foofer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser. It's been one of my night time cleansers for more than a year. I alternate this with Laventine's Olive Forte water soluble cleansing oil, as well as St Ives Apricot Scrub (the one in the jar, NOT the tube). These are all great heavy duty cleansers for removing every iota of all types of makeup. I am 64 with dry skin and I can not find one fault with any of the above cleansers. Incidentally, I use Cetaphil as my morning cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DesireeJo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Twenty years and counting -- this cleanser is the VERY best. I have dabbled with a few samples here and there, but nothing compares to this cleanser. I use the Gentle Cleansing Milk some mornings in the winter now since my skin is very dry. BWC's products are great. I have ridiculously sensitive and breakout-prone normal to dry skin and this is the BEST. It was a first big step in calming my skin and putting me on the road to clear smooth skin. It is a little like Cetaphil lotion, removes makeup better and is so gentle. It's $6.95 for 8.5 oz. It seems to last a long time. I love that it's cruelty free, and I like the fresh smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jennwebb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think they changed this over the years, or maybe just the packaging. Anyway, it's a really great cleanser for dryer skin like mine. Although it is a creamy cleanser(instead of a sudsy one), it totally removes makeup. The lavender scent is very calming. I think BWC is a great line of products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Lollypop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the all-natural ingredients in this face wash, and it is very gentle. But for me, the smell is unbearable. Maybe I got a bad bottle, because it doesn't smell like a citrus/lavender scent, like someone said below, but just a strange, strong, sour, herbal smell. Also, it feels like it doesn't rinse away cleanly, leaving some sort of residue on my skin. I really want to like the company, based on their ingredients, lack of animal testing, and nice packaging, so I think I will try the facial cleansing milk next and see how that goes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by zpirsig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another cleanser for the trash can. This irritated my skin and has a very unpleasant smell.