December 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Concealers - Susan Posnick Colorcorrect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

This has HG potential for me. I have olive skin with natural dark circles which are really pronounced when I have not slept. I have tried every concealer under the sun. I get milia very easily (most concealers cause milia for me) so have been looking for a good mineral formula that is quick to put on. I recently discovered B.E. Well Rested and it is fabulous - but my skin seems to be having horrendous, itchy breakouts from the bismuth. I liked the Jane Iredale Circle Delete as well, but it required lots of blending for me to get right, and gave me milia.

This concealer was appealing because it was a pencil, so I do not need to tote around a brush if traveling. Also, it seemed easy and quick enough. I got this in a swap and was stunned to find that the C2 pencil blends into my skin perfectly! It is undetectable - no cakiness, no weird color things happening - it just looks like my skin but lighter.

I could not stop looking at myself in the mirror with this on, my eyes looked luminous! And best yet, it was quick to do and felt like I had nothing on.

I can't really rate the price - $20 is the retail value but since it is a pencil, I am not sure if that means I will go through it quickly, or it will last a while. Either way, this is worth the money.

I have no tried this on one of my 'no sleep' days, but will update when I do. But for now - my search for the perfect concealer ends here - I think I found the one!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by cperry

Like the Susan Posnick mineral foundation, I really wanted to love this concealer. The color match was excellent, and I found a match in C2. For reference, I am a MMM, Stila 50 Watts, Nars St. Tropez. This color seemed to melt into my skin. However, this didn't conceal very well, and a concealer should conceal, no? This concealer is not very pigmented. No matter how I tried, any attempt at even just a little gentle blending (even just gently patting it into the skin) would cause this concealer to blend completely away so that there seemed to be nothing left of it on my face. Also, I didn't like that the concealer came in the pencil format. You have to sharpen this periodically, which can get kind of messy since the concealer part of the pencil is very soft. I suppose this can be alleviated by refrigerating it for a few minutes before sharpening, but really, concealer shouldn't be this much trouble! I guess it's back to my Stila concealer for now.

UPDATE 10/27/06 - I am now giving this concealer 4 lippies. (I didn't give 5 lipplies because I don't like that I have to sharpen the concealer.) I ended up really liking it. I found that blending this concealer into the skin is not the way to do it. Rather, patting it into the skin seems to do the trick. Also, after using my new beloved Zeno blemish zapper, I don't need as heavy of a concealer, and the Susan Posnick gives me just enough coverage without looking like there's coverage. Also, the Susan Posnick concealer works wonderfully with my HG Chanel Teint Controle powder foundation! Using my Zeno, the Susan Posnick concealer and the Chanel Teint Controle powder foundation, my skin looks flawless! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I use the C2 in conjunction with my MineralFlo and LOVE IT! It conceals very well and it highlights the nose, under the eyes and forehead seamlessly. Pencils it on the areas you want to cover or highlight and use your finger to gentley pat and blend it in. Beautiful finish that softens and your natural oils blends with the minerals.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by hangdog

Maybe I am applying this wrong, but my face looks really dried out and Kabuki-like. It seemed like the answer to mineral foundations as I tried Bare Escentuals, but gave that up after I got tired of wiping down my sink to get rid of the flying powder spray and this has a great delivery system. I would appreciate encouragement as I really wanted this to work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 1:08:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the two darker shades that just came out and this is the Holy Grail of mineral concealer under mineral foundation. I think this is the only mineral pencil concealor on the market - I think most are in pots or something else less conventional. This is AWESOME! It gives superb but very natural looking, superior, and very blendable coverage which disappears under my mineral foundation when it is applied over top. Because it has a highlighting color on every pencil as well as a concealor color - it lets you hide imperfections and flaws, highlight strengths, etc... This is a must have if you have anything to hide, have sensitive skin, prefer more natural products, and foundation just does not cut it for natural coverage of your major stuff. I am so glad they finally came out with a few more colors of this product. And Chriss and their customer service are still fantastic! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I totally love the Colorflo mineral makeup from the Susan Posnick line, and just had to try their new concealer. I have it in C1, the lightest shade. It is a creamy pencil concealer, one side as a concealer, the other is a lighter shade for a highlighter. Gives great coverage, blends easily. Highly recommend.