October 1, 2014 | 1330 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Sheer Mattness

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by PlasticxPerfection

i think this has been discontinued? i dont see it ne where on the clinique website.but luckily i had gotten this as a sample so i dont no much about the packaging or the price of this. this has more of a paste consistancy than a gel to me. after i applied it all over my face i was pretty happy with the matte and velvety feel it gave my skin. i think it made my foundation a little bit easier to put on and helped me get a more even finish to my face. i thought this was going to help me alot with the shine i get about half an hour after i put my makeup on but instead it didn't do nething at all for that, if not made my face oilier? this is a good primer espeically if ur going to be wearing a good amount of face makeup but dont count on it to keep u matte and shine free during the day. if this is still available from clinique i mite consider buying the full sized version of this just to use as a good primer plus i like the smell of it =]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2005 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kimmi_mtlqc

I really thought this would be a product that would help control the oiliness that I get by mid-morning on my forehead, but it ended up not doing a darn thing! I applied it one day over my foundation then the next day on top of my foundation, thinking maybe one way would more effective than the other. Well I was wrong, by 11:00 my forehead was as oily as it usually is! I had such high hopes for this product! Don't waste your money, this product doesn't work! I returned it for a refund.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mumu81202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even if I use a small amount under or over makeup, I've no shine for 6-8 hours. This stuff feels like velvet. I haven't noticed a minimizing of pores, but I used this stuff to stave off stiney T zones on everyone in my wedding party, and it worked through the ceremony, picture, and the reception!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by terpz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! After years of having my foundation disappear into my pores in 90 minutes it stays on! Only use a tiny bit...my pores are less noticeable also.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2004 8:45:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyGolightly

I've found with clinique that you either find a product that is absolutely wonderful or you absolutely hate it. This is on my list of products I loathe. This makes you sheer for an hour, if you're lucky. Not only that but it made me break out. It smells gross and just feels nasty on your skin. Worthless. Thankfully this was a GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2003 1:45:00 PM More reviews by BLB693

I used to use only Clinique products and over the years have graduated to better products for makeup and skin care; however this is the only product by Clinique that I stuck by. I use a very thin layer over my moisturizer and allow it time to dry before applying my foundation and it sets all day. It has a rather pleasant fragrance too compared to the other brands - it has a very light banana scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2003 8:41:00 PM More reviews by zephyr2005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pretty oily skin, I wasn't expecting this to work. And I was right - controlled my shine just as long as everything else, for about an hour or two. This has been added to my long list of mattifiers that don't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Fiend

I found this product goor for controlling oil, as did my mum.
I suppose it depends on your skin type.
The packaging is minimal - and easy to apply with yoru fingertips.
Although, when i do eventually finish this, i would like to try Shiseido Mattifying Stick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2003 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kitty_catalina

My skin was matte for about an hour. Then the t-zone was back it to its old shiney ways.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Cynful456

I have an extremely oily t-zone, and in my search for something to control it, I tried Clinique's Sheer Matteness. I have to be honest- it didn't last for 2 hours, even with powder over it. I took it back, and the SA was very honest- she said it was good for people with a bit of oiliness, but even she needed to keeping reaching for her pressed powder to control the "shinys".

However, if you are looking for a very good (plus twice as much for the price ) mattifier, please check my review on Clinac O.C.