August 31, 2014 | 1676 users online

Sunscreen - Ombrelle - Lotion SPF30

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I really like the consistency of the SPF30 in the bottle (not higher SPF in the tube) and wear it for everyday exposure. It's easy to apply and not too hard to rub in, so there's no icky white mess. What I don't like about this is that I've never seen it in the U.S. so I have to get it when I'm in Canada. Also, it's not great for outdoor activity. It can't sustain swimming at all and during running it ends up sweating right off.

Supposedly the formulation gives it broader-spectrum protection than equivalent SPF in sunscreen like Neutrogena, but I'm not convinced that it's worth it in during higher-exposure activities like sports or swimming, so it's just what I wear when I get ready in the morning to prevent extra freckling and general sun damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN i find that it actually gives my a tan. I have never gotten burnt wearing i tand I have been wearing it for 6 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahmydarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom bought this for me a couple of days ago. Since i always get a allergic reaction to sunscreens i thought the same thing would occur. But the last 3 days of using it, nothing has happened. I'm quite happy now i finally have found a good sunscreen. But there are some bad things about it. I says its not scented but it kinda has a weird smell to me, and its quite greasy (despite what it says on the packaging). I will continue using this because im quite fair and burn easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by im05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only sunscreen I use and trust. Have never burned with it (and I'm fair) and it's perfect for those with oily skin (even my dermatologist recommends it)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SkinSense78

I suffer from rosacea and thus I've tried more sunscreens than I care to admit. The Ombrelle SPF 30 Regular is well tolerated on my skin. It doesn't give a white cast, it's greasy and doesn't contain Titanium Dioxide which is hell on my dry-ish skin.

This is one of the older Ombrelle formulations but it really is the best. Hands down, without question.

EDIT 01/24/2009: I can't stand the shine, it's great for the beach or a day outdoors. Jan Marini Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 is the only sunscreen I can stand to wear daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Iffath98

I have sensitive skin, and I got reactions from two different sunscreens, BUT not from this one. Loreal did a great job. I wish the packaging was better, more appealing, like the rest of Loreal products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for SPF 30, *not* the 'Extreme' version. The Extreme version has mineral sunscreens (oxides) that are hell on my dry, acne-prone, easily clogged skin. But the regular SPF 30 is all chemical sunscreens and my face loves this stuff! It acts as my moisturizer (sometimes I wear it over jojoba oil) and wears very well under makeup. It's an excellent sunblock in that I get no colour whatsoever when i wear this stuff - it has good photostabilizers. It's non-greasy, doesn't leave a shine the way the Extreme version does and it doesn't make my skin react at all. HG!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

I have both the Kids and Regular Formulations(Canada) of Ombrelle SPF30. Now it is a fantastic sunscreen for the body. I just had too many problems with a greasy, stinging face. So it is solely used on my neck and body for myself and my daughter. It is the sunscreen I will always purchase and I think I will pick up some SPF 45 for this season. It may work for you face wise but for the body it is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by emmzy713

I use this for spring skiing in the Rocky Mountains. The altitude intensifies the sun's rays and can lead to a lot of skin damage. Although I still come in with a reddened face at the end of the day (wind burn) it is back to normal color the next morning, so this stuff works. It may not be the best texture for everyday use, being a little thick, but its great for extreme weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by snowymtn

great photostable ss, but it has poor texture for the face. It balls up and therefore it is nixed for me as a face product. I'll continue to use for a body product.