April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Hemp Seed Texturizing Glaze

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I bought it to replace Redken's ringlet which has been reformulated.

I actually prefer to use this product on my hair when it's dry instead of wet. I have curly 3a hair but I don't like the tight ringlets- I prefer a looser curl with more volume. So I use this product on dry hair to give it a little more texture and a touch of hold without having to use hairspray or gel. On day two and three, I brush out my hair completely and then add this over totally dry hair. I apply it using pea sized increments so I don't overdo it. Then I am left with shiny waves instead of super curly hair and lots of volume. If you want a tighter curl, you could do this to revive your hair by dampening it first.

Edit Feb-2011: I should clarify that the reason I only use it on dry hair is because I did not like how waxy and product-y it made my hair feel when I used it on wet hair- yuck. In my opinion, this is not a curl cream, it is a texturizing cream, and these are meant to be used in tiny amounts on dry or almost dry hair or else they feel like too much build up. I love it on dry hair because it gives light hold and a little shine without hairspray.

However, my new disappointment with this product is that it was sold to me as "organic" and "paraben" free and when I recently looked at the ingredients, not only does it have parabens, it has lots of other nasty stuff- ironically more than anything else I own. Bummer! I am now waiting for a sample of aveda's defining whip and also their texturizing cream as possible replacements since aveda is now all paraben free.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by 093274000

Ugh...What genius' idea was it to put beeswax in a hair product. Seriously?! This coated my hair so bad and made it extremely dull and not 'glazed' whatsoever. =(
I'm sad that I spent so much money and that I didn't listen to the other negative reviews.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse curly hair. I used this to form curl, and to decrease frizz. Its weak point was as a de-frizzer. It did add shine, and it didn't weigh down hair at all, but it didn't do much anything a d/s product couldn't do for my hair either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by wolfpackgirl1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST.PRODUCT.EVER.

I've tried everything for my curls, and this is the only thing that will define my curls without making them "crunchy" looking or having a halo of frizz.

The smell is a little medicinal, but it's a small price to pay for the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by rachelle24

This is a great product. I have used almost everything. I have naturally curly hair. It is thick and can get frizzy at times. Using this product, I have eliminated 1 product and reduced the use of hairspray. The smell is great...worth a try if you have curly hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by stefanie34

I have shoulder-length thick bushy hair. I have always struggled with trying everything on the market to make it look shiny. Recently I picked up a tube of this texturizing glaze my hairstylist recommended years ago. When he used it, he put it on my dry hair. I didn't notice any benefit at all. One day, after shampooing, I put about 1/4 teaspoon in my hands and rubbed them together and put it through my hair. I blow dryed it as usual. What a difference. I've been using it ever since...no other gel, spray, anything. My hair stays perfectly and is shiny beyond belief. Remember, use only a very tiny bit on towel-dried hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jnjules

This is THE BEST stuff for enhancing natural wave. It really defines the wave/curl & doesn't get crunchy. I get so many compliments on my hair when I wear this stuff. It makes your hair look & feel really soft while giving great style/curl support. I wouldn't dream of using anything else. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:54:00 AM More reviews by prncessjasmine

I love this product too! have naturally curly hair myself. this is one of our number one curl enhancer in my store. i think when we do get a return its because most people dont know how to use the product or put too much on........if its too heavy just use a little or coctail with a serum or leave in condistioner. be sure to emulsafy in your hands and distribute evenly thru the hair. its has hemp seed oil in it and really conditions it. I would probably not recommend it to someone who has thinner or really fine wavy hair. Id use a much lighter spray in for them!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by wnzdazchld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Got it from my stylist & it is terrific. I have coarse, curly blonde hair & this works when I straighten or leave my hair curly. Nice hold without being stiff or sticky & a heavenly smell. Adds a little bit of shine to my hair too without weighing it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Newwavebabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I could not live without this product! I have long, coarse, naturally curly hair and I put about a 1/2 tsp of this in my palms and rub it together then put a little all over my damp hair before I diffuse it dry and wow, what a difference! It really defines the curls and makes my hair silky (which it is not!) and shiny. I used to have to shower every morning so I could fix my hair and now I can get away with wetting my palms with water and running my fingers through my hair, sometimes adding a little more cream to spiff it up, but it is truly amazing! Tons of people compliment my hair and ask what I use in it. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED, IT IS WORTH THE MONEY and a tube lasts me for months since you use so little!!!!