October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Skincare - Face - Aveeno - Balancing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Combination Skin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is one of the most highly recommended soaps by physicians. During my teens, this was the first cleansing product recommended to clear hormonal acne. While it did not clear my acne break outs then, I appreciated the feeling of the soap. Oatmeal soap bar smells amazing and is paraben free. It moisturizes the skin like no other. In addition, the bar itself will last a long time for the price that you pay. It is non-irritating and calming to the skin.

However, I find it much easier washing the face with cleanser than this bar. The cleanser is more hygienic in that you dispense the needed amount every morning. Whereas for the bar, you find it sitting wet in the soap dish for months on end. And I do think that those with acne-prone skin need added products to quell acne.

Overall, I do recommend this as a soap. For those with acne, I would suggest something stronger to supplement this soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by sgrplmfairy333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love aveeno soap for use as a face wash. it doesnt dry me out, doesnt leave behind residue, and never breaks me out. most foaming face washes dry out my skin and make it itchy, while creamy cleansers like cetaphil seem to leave behing an irritating film. i love this product! highly recommended. i use this bar, alba botanica mosturizer, and stridex sensitive skin pads. if i stick to that routine, my skin is smooth and acne free.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by michmy

i've been using this as a facial soap - works great - i'm a fan of cream cleansers and this soap is moisturizing enough and unlike most bar soaps, doesn't dry out my face. it's free of SLS and parabens - I've discovered that using paraben-free products have done wonders to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bar is mediocre and did nothing to my face..it left some residue on it and it never left it feeling clean...plus its a bar soap, which isn't really recommended for facial cleansers...I prefer Olay foaming cleanser in sensitive skin or even Purpose as a bar soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

Singlehandedly THE best facial soap I've ever used, as well as the most reasonably priced. I've used all sorts, and this is the cheapest soap that does not break the bank. I get the same effect with Shiseido, Obagi, Clinique (not the bar, ugh, the liquid). My mom and sister swears by Obagi and Shiseido, but while I'm not wary of spending $$ on my beauty products, I draw the line at spending big bucks on soap. It's SOAP, people, it's supposed to take stuff away from your face, then you wash it down the drain, and I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $20+ on a tube or bar of soap.

Low end soaps tend to leave my combination skin feeling tight, uncomfortable, and with that strange, not quite natural "squeaky" and slightly sticky feeling. Aveeno does not. I've tried both the white and the cream-colored bars, and both have worked like a charm. My skin just feels good, clean, comfortable; that's all I ask for in a soap. I'm a product whore, I flit from product to product, rarely do I repurchase. This soap and Shiseido SPF 55 have been my only constant repurchase. It's just good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

My momma uses this and she just glows. I use it everytime I come over and I love it. Great for makeup removal and it isnt drying. Smells just like oatmeal. I will buy some as soon as im out of all the million other cleaners I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Squashculls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually forgot about this until browsing through the reviews. When I had extremely oily skin this worked, yet it still worked for my mother who had dry skin. It does not cause breakouts, and I think makes skin better. It's not drying, but you'll definately need a moisturizer afterwards. Just don't leave the bar in the shower, it will turn to absolute mush, although the mush is just as effective as the bar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 2:28:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time today, and I really like it! It foams nicely, the scent is barely noticable, and it rinses away cleanly. It leaves no residue, and it makes my combination skin feel comfortable. It isn't drying at all, but not overly moisturizing. I'll update it again after I've used it more.
(and it's not as hard to find as I originally thought, so I'd definitely buy it again!)
UPDATE: It removes makeup very well if I gently rub the bar on my face, and then massage the soap on my skin before rinsing! Great stuff.
UPDATE (again): I think my skin is becoming more normal, because my formerly oily areas get pretty dried out from using this. It's a nice bar, but it's just not for me, anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ElizJohn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My doctor reccomended this product to me. I did not like the consistency of this soap. It is very messy and gloppy. I also felt it to be gritty when I used it on my body. I will stick to dove for sensative skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by PoppyPinkish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Aveeno products before (Clear Complexion foaming cleanser and lotion and their oatmeal bar)and was very pleased with those products. But even though something works well for me I like to experiment with new products. So I switched from Aveeno products to Cetaphil (which I didn't like) and then I switched back to Aveeno. I read good reviews on this balancing bar and so I thought I'd give it a try. I usually have really good skin ( a minor breakout now and then and usually on my nose) but ever since I started using this bar my skin has totally freaked out!! I now have little red dots scattered around my face (strangely enough not on my nose but on my cheeks and forehead, where I would NEVER breakout before). I think the balancing bar has given me an allergy so I stopped using this product and I don't think I'll ever use it again!