Aveeno Balancing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Combination Skin

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

i love aveeno soap for use as a face wash. it doesnt dry me out, doesnt leave behind residue, and never breaks me out. most foaming face washes dry out my skin and make it itchy, while creamy cleansers like cetaphil seem to leave behing an irritating film. i love this product! highly recommended. i use this bar, alba botanica mosturizer, and stridex sensitive skin pads. if i stick to that routine, my skin is smooth and acne free.

on 10/22/2009 1:12:00 PM

i've been using this as a facial soap - works great - i'm a fan of cream cleansers and this soap is moisturizing enough and unlike most bar soaps, doesn't dry out my face. it's free of SLS and parabens - I've discovered that using paraben-free products have done wonders to my skin.

This bar is mediocre and did nothing to my face..it left some residue on it and it never left it feeling clean...plus its a bar soap, which isn't really recommended for facial cleansers...I prefer Olay foaming cleanser in sensitive skin or even Purpose as a bar soap

on 3/26/2008 3:09:00 AM

Singlehandedly THE best facial soap I've ever used, as well as the most reasonably priced. I've used all sorts, and this is the cheapest soap that does not break the bank. I get the same effect with Shiseido, Obagi, Clinique (not the bar, ugh, the liquid). My mom and sister swears by Obagi and Shiseido, but while I'm not wary of spending $$ on my beauty products, I draw the line at spending big bucks on soap. It's SOAP, people, it's supposed to take stuff away from your face, then you wash it down the drain, and I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $20+ on a tube or bar of soap.

Low end soaps tend to leave my combination skin feeling tight, uncomfortable, and with that strange, not quite natural "squeaky" and slightly sticky feeling. Aveeno does not. I've tried both the white and the cream-colored bars, and both have worked like a charm. My skin just feels good, clean, comfortable; that's all I ask for in a soap. I'm a product whore, I flit from product to product, rarely do I repurchase. This soap and Shiseido SPF 55 have been my only constant repurchase. It's just good stuff.

on 11/30/2007 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My momma uses this and she just glows. I use it everytime I come over and I love it. Great for makeup removal and it isnt drying. Smells just like oatmeal. I will buy some as soon as im out of all the million other cleaners I have.

on 2/26/2006 11:46:00 PM

I actually forgot about this until browsing through the reviews. When I had extremely oily skin this worked, yet it still worked for my mother who had dry skin. It does not cause breakouts, and I think makes skin better. It's not drying, but you'll definately need a moisturizer afterwards. Just don't leave the bar in the shower, it will turn to absolute mush, although the mush is just as effective as the bar.

on 7/8/2005 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried this for the first time today, and I really like it! It foams nicely, the scent is barely noticable, and it rinses away cleanly. It leaves no residue, and it makes my combination skin feel comfortable. It isn't drying at all, but not overly moisturizing. I'll update it again after I've used it more.
(and it's not as hard to find as I originally thought, so I'd definitely buy it again!)
UPDATE: It removes makeup very well if I gently rub the bar on my face, and then massage the soap on my skin before rinsing! Great stuff.
UPDATE (again): I think my skin is becoming more normal, because my formerly oily areas get pretty dried out from using this. It's a nice bar, but it's just not for me, anymore.

on 6/12/2005 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My doctor reccomended this product to me. I did not like the consistency of this soap. It is very messy and gloppy. I also felt it to be gritty when I used it on my body. I will stick to dove for sensative skin.

I've used Aveeno products before (Clear Complexion foaming cleanser and lotion and their oatmeal bar)and was very pleased with those products. But even though something works well for me I like to experiment with new products. So I switched from Aveeno products to Cetaphil (which I didn't like) and then I switched back to Aveeno. I read good reviews on this balancing bar and so I thought I'd give it a try. I usually have really good skin ( a minor breakout now and then and usually on my nose) but ever since I started using this bar my skin has totally freaked out!! I now have little red dots scattered around my face (strangely enough not on my nose but on my cheeks and forehead, where I would NEVER breakout before). I think the balancing bar has given me an allergy so I stopped using this product and I don't think I'll ever use it again!

on 12/5/2004 10:48:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this as I've been using their Combination Skin Bar for over 12 years now - since my days of being on Accutane to way past that into drier skin land - this is my no fail cleanser. Every now and then I always try out some new thing and then eventually come back to this. It's a staple in our household, my fiance uses it as his face wash and it's a great mild wash for whenever you need gentle cleansing. My mom who is almost 50 loves their Acne bar and that is all that she will use. One of the most underrated products on the market.

Popular Face Skincare Products