September 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Mure et Musc Extreme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Mure et Musc Exreme is very pleasant, very wearable, and still interesting enough to sustain my interest in the long run. The first couple of times I wore it, the blackcurrant was a bit off on me; it smellt almost too ripe or even boiled. This doesnít happen any more (I spray less) and now I get airy, cool blackcurrants on a radiant musk base. The scent becomes a soft musk very quickly, and I have difficulty smelling it on myself, only catching pleasant wafts from time to time. However, my adult students and complete strangers continuously tell me how fabulous I smell:) Mure et Musc is a cooler weather fragrance for me, and I can see myself buying it again. Nowadays itís my second favourite musk after my beloved Coty Vanilla Musk. It's not the most original thing, but it's very comfortable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this after running out of my bottle of the original (albeit reformulated) mure et musc. I bought this unsniffed thinking that it would be the same scent, just stronger. Not so. After wearing this for a couple of days I can say that they are both lovely, but that I prefet the simplicity of the original. This version replaces the resinous, piney component in the top notes with big berries--reminds me a little of the stewed fruit theme prevalent in Lutens creations. M et M naysayers typically don't like the resinous top notes as some have characterized it as "medicinal" or like "aftershave". I find myself missing that medicinal top note because it served as such a great foil to the soft, feminine fruit and musc--that duality is what makes the original so much sexier in my opinion. The drydown in the Extreme version is less soft musk, more cedar pencil shavings. It seems as if the Extreme version is like the original played in reverse--sexy and feminine at the top, dry and somewhat overly masculine at the finish. Please see my review of the original if you're contemplating which one to buy. Generally, perfumistas seem to prefer the Extreme version; however, I dearly wish I had stuck with the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

For me, this has been a wonderful find ! It's an original and elegant scent. Rich blackcurrant ,rich blackberrry top notes- really juicy ,clean and naturally sweet, followed by a great dry citrus accord and then it's all liquid blackberry and clean warm skin musk . This is a scent that melts into your skin beauitfully and you will not know where your skin ends and the scent begins. Thati s the art of it.It's finely constructed and I love it very much . The musk on my skin is very clean and dry.
Longevity is deceiving. It seems to come and go .But I know Mure Et Musc extreme lasts but after the 2 hour mark, it becomes a skin scent. Sillage is enveloping but subtle.
Top up time is 4 hours.
I never tire of Mure Et Musc extreme.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LittleSnowflake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont know if i have a crazy, unrefined nose or something but this scent literally made me want to vomit - i got a strong aroma of sweaty, dirty bum (seriously, i kid you not. Does no-one else get this?) laced with sickly sweetness. Literally like someone had poured some sweet, syrupy gloop down a sweaty, dirty bum-crack. Thats the mental picture i got with every sniff, and couldnt shake off (no wonder i wanted to vomit, right?). I think the musk notes in this must be the animaly, dirty type musk? (rather than the soapy, clean white musks im used to).

And the sweet notes.. i have no idea what they are, but for someone who loves vanilla, pink sugar etc theyre just way too synthetically nausiatingly sweet even for me.

So, for a scent i was dying to sample, and thought i would LOVE, this turned out to be a wholly unpleasant experience! I NEVER want to have to smell this odour again.

Actually, i tell you what else it reminded me of: when someone has been in the bathroom and, erm, stunk it out, and then sprayed a load of cheap sickly dewberry airfreshener to cover it up, but it just mingles into a sweet, poopy, dirty, gag-reflexing stench. Yup, thats Mure et Musc in a nutshell for me. :( *exits stage left to sounds of dry wretching*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This version of mure et musc is much better than the re formulated original that's available this is definately rich with blackberry notes, and it's pefect for the winter and summer months. a great balance it's not too sweet or fruity which I don't like. The downside to this is the $$$ for a little e'xtreme!
I just don't agree with the price tag on this The original forumla that was originally created in 1978-1990 was definately worth the price tag...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybe my experience is limited, but I've never smelled anything else like this on the market. I first tried it on last summer, and have craved it on a regular basis ever since. It's one of those fragrances that comes to you out of nowhere. Mure et Musc Extreme made such an impact on me that I'll imagine I smell it at random times.

The initial blast is that of the plump, ripe blackberries I picked in my backyard as a child. I get nothing synthetic from this note- it smells like the real thing to me. This lasts a brief time, then settles into more of a pleasant blackberry tea skin scent. Like most L'Artisans, the sillage and lasting power of this fragrance are very poor. I like my fragrances to be big, and this is really a scent that begs to be big. That's the only reason it's not getting five lippies, despite the fact that it has haunted me for months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While the notes speak of blackberry and musk, at first I got musk with a vague, unidentifiable fruity overtone that just didnít work for me. It had a marked resemblance to a fruity men's cologne. On drydown, the sweetness of the blackberries became distinct and noticeable. Unfortunately, I donít like berries, and donít like berry perfumes. If you do, this is a must, as itís distinct and not the typical over-sweet/ fruity/teenybopper berry fragrance flooding the market now. Lasted about 3 hours, which is about average for most L'Artisans I've tried. It's always difficult to rank perfumes that have notes I'm not personally fond of, but I'd give this a 4 for quality of construction except for the poor lasting power.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

At first this is a lolly-sweet sugary blackberry scent, cannot smell musk or anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by bohi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does not smell of blackberry to me at all, it smells like berry flavoured candies which never manage to re-create the aroma of the real fruit. Very off-putting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely light, airy, sweet (but definitely not too sweet) musk. Problem is I think I prefer a skankier musk.
UPDATE: I've fallen under this one's spell. It's a great frag for days you don't want to have to think too much about what you're wearing. I've purchased the small bottle.