NARS Gipsy

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE IT!!!!! I watched a very wonderful youtube review for this lipstick, and I just adore this sweet lady. She is actually honest about her reviews, and I admire that. Anyway, she doesn't have the same skin type as I do, but she does have the same warm skin tone. This color looked so beautiful on her, so I decided to pick it up, and I'm so happy I did! I'm not the type of woman who even buys expensive lipsticks ( Mac is as high as I go usually), but this color is lovely for warm undertones. It's so hard to find a warm red with gold undertones! I usually find reds with a cool blue undertone, and I just cannot wear those. If you know of a great cheapie red with warm under tones please let me know!
I will definitely re-buy this color though, and I love NARS packaging too.

on 3/18/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been on such a lipstick kick lately, but wanted something a little less "in your face." I decided on Gipsy after spending a few hours looking at swatches online, and eventually trying it out in Sephora. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented, and the sheer quality of Gipsy doesn't necessarily make them red, but gives them a nice sort of berry tint. I've only worn it a few times thus far, but have been complimented on it a lot (which is always nice when wearing something new)! One of my coworkers I hadn't seen in a while said I "must have done something with my lips!"

It is a bit drying, which makes it not my favorite product of all time, but certainly less so than other lipsticks I own. If I remember to put some balm on beforehand (or layer it throughout the day), I'm usually set. The lasting power also isn't the strongest, but it is an easy reapplication, and I don't really think you even need a mirror. But, for these two things, I've rated it as a four.

All in all, I think it might become my go-to lipstick, especially on days when I just want to give my face a little pick-me-up.

on 12/7/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with this shade of red lipstick from Nars! I am pretty picky about reds because I don't like anything too shocking or "clownish." I am a neutral loving girl , who wears light pinks and nudes on a normal day. This shade of red lipstick is a beautiful warm, sheer shade of a brick red . Hard to explain but simply gorgeous. I love to dab a little on the lips so it looks more like a stain- the formula is moisturizing and a little sheer and yet the color is vibrant. It's perfect on my skin tone (NC30, medium tan/olive with yellow undertones) I would definitely recommend- the perfect red.

on 11/18/2012 9:54:00 AM

This is my go to everyday work lipstick. It is a soft red on me and is perfectly appropriate for a conservative environment. The texture is smooth and somewhat sheer. It lasts about 3 hours on me before it needs to be reapplied. A really great color I hope they never discontinue!

on 10/23/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Outstanding basic red that does not jump off your lips and into the faces of those looking at you. This red is earthy and muted, somewhat brick-like, and even though it pulls warm, a mid-tone NW can pull it off. ( I am NW 20/25) This is a red that can be worn to the office and on weekends. I would say that this color is more a propos for fall and winter, but don't let that stop you. As with many NARS lipsticks, there is an art to wearing them so as to avoid dryness. These are highly, highly pigmented, and much stain is left behind. So, it is important to have your lips moisturized (but NOT greasy!) when you apply it. Very long lasting. Soft luster, no shimmer, no gloss. Somewhat sheer. No scent/flavor.

on 7/24/2012 2:11:00 PM

This is almost the perfect lipstick. Certainly the color is ideal: It is neither red nor pink but right in-between, so it can be worn with almost everything. Because it's sheer, the consistency is great, because if you want a more opaque texture, just add a second coat. The only negative, for me, is that is doesn't contain SPF. However, I can always add a colorless SPF on top. For me, this is my go-to lipstick. Thank you, Nars! Please don't discontinue Gipsy!

on 3/30/2012 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Outstanding dark-hued sheer but rich colour that has a great texture and excellent longevity.
On a dark, (even, old) girl like me it is a really flattering sensual subtle shade that I love so much I am saving in case I run out.
One of these days i will review something form Nars that is no good, but not today!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Good colour, good consistency, feels great on the lips. Perfect for work in my opinion as it has colour but isn't too over the top.

on 11/29/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Until I found NARS, I had terrible trouble with red lipsticks. I wanted to wear them, I really did, but I'm both pale and yellowish (with unfortunate yellow teeth I inherited from my dad) and most "red" lipsticks make me look like a zombie clown, turning either hot pink or orange on my face.

I also have problems with skin sensitivity and reactions, which ended my relationship with the couple of MAC reds I could more or less wear (none of which were as good a colour on me as any of my NARS shades).

NARS, though, your brownish formulations are my dream come true. I now have a little collection, and Gipsy is my go-to daytime red. On me? Sheer, flattering, lasting, and subtle (for a red), and makes my teeth look -- well, not white, but slightly less yellow. And no peeling lips or mouth rashes. A win. I'm almost through my first tube, and will certainly buy another.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love the look of reds on other people, but they always scare me--too strong or high maintenance. No longer. Gipsy provides the right amount of color payoff without requiring a liner and although it is buildable color, I don't think one can over do it. It's a great daytime red. If you're scared of reds and can wear warm tones, try it!

Popular Lipsticks