MAC Harmony

4.4

on 8/13/2015 4:02:00 PM

I use this as a contour, blush and transition colour. I'm fair so if I use too much, it pulls really orange and makes my face look dirty. That is, if I use it alone. Paired up with blushes and highlighters, it looks beautiful. It works well and does its job. I'm just not over the moon about this product. Impeccable staying powder though.

I wouldn't repurchase because I'm sure there are other products with similar performance for a fraction of the price.

on 7/16/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Harmony is such an amazing multi-tasker- you wouldn't think that from looking at it though (as it doesn't seem too impressive until on). It's a blush, but some use it as a bronzer and also a contour (slightly too light for me for this purpose). I use this as a blush, however, I brush/apply in a "C" formation (upward), as if it were a bronzer - on my NC30 skintone this just works. The color stays true for me as well - not taupe or grey, not orange, just a subtle muted rose-beige shade. It just gives a nice hint of additional healthy color to my face.

The thing about Harmony though is that the change really does change depending on one's undertone - and that kinda sucks. I have seen it pull orange on some which is great if that's flattering for you but if it's not or if that wasn't the expected result and it did, that is no fun. So sadly it's not the kinda shade you should purchase without trying out first IMO. However, this is easily rectifiable by hitting the Mac counter and testing it out.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This blush is good in general... application is easy and hard to overdo, it will last forever and suits my skintone. . It is a good brown blush and I will enjoy using it while I have it. I really like using it but there is no wow factor, but as I have used it more and more, the more I realize there doesn't need to be a giant wow factor to be a great product.

on 2/23/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Nyx taupe is just as good, but better price.

on 2/23/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Believe the hype! This is awesome! As an enthusiastic YouTube beauty addict I had heard great things about this - I wasn't disappointed! I use this as a contour powder and also find it great for use as a crease transition colour on my eyes. Matte, no shimmer, long wearing. I wouldn't necessarily use this as a blush. A staple in my makeup collection.

on 1/18/2015 6:37:00 AM

I use Harmony to contour and I love it. It doesn't have that orange undertone many brozers do, so it makes your contour look more natural. If you touch your face a lot during the day, it might fade a bit. Also, it looks better with a full face of makeup. Highly recommended!

on 12/15/2014 11:00:00 AM

I bought this on a whim, I was looking for a new blush at the MAC counter and the sales girl said she had contoured with Harmony, I loved the way it looked on her pale skin, a much cleaner look then contouring with a bronzer, so I bought it. I got in the car and was sampling it on my hand next to my Too Faced Bronzer that I normally contour with and I started to get nervous that it was way off from what I use. But then, I got home did my makeup for an event and used it and I love it, its so much more natural of a contour then using the bronzer. And when you put the blush next to it, it just looks perfect. $20 is what I paid at the MAC counter, and I love it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm on the fence about this blush. I think it's hard to make it show up and when it does, it makes my NC20 skin look kind of muddy. :I I really liked how it looked on youtube so this made me sad. I'll continue playing around with it and see how I like it then. So far it hasn't amazed me.

This blush is perfect to contour or use upon your cheeks because it hasn't an orange undertone. It's a warm-brown really sutil and with the possibility to build up to anchieve the tone that you want. I didn't smell any scent on it, plus the package its really nice ( you can see the color trough it). It fades away trough the day, but can handle 5/6 hours without the need to reapply.

This is how I use it:
1st: I gently apply a reddish rose cream blush on my cheeks
2nd: A tap of harmony on my cheekbones
3rd: With what is left on my brush, I like to tap it on my forehead / nose/ chin

It's part of my everyday-routine :)

on 8/9/2014 4:17:00 AM

Buff used to be my go to blush, but this is my new favorite. It's just what I've been looking for. I got prism and buff wanting this color. I wish id gotten it before. I love buff but it looks more peachy/pink once applied. But harmony doesn't. I wouldn't use it for the apples of my cheeks but I apply it to the hollows of my cheeks with an angled blush and it looks amazing. When I run out ill definetly repurchase again and again!

Popular Blush Products