November 21, 2014 | 1761 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Total HG pomade. It gives the perfect amount of shine and hold to lay frizzies down. It's also water based so your hair doesn't look greasy nor are you left with a gunky feel in your hairl. Start of with a small amount rubbed between palms and slide down through hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect if you want your hair to REALLY lay down!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by NikitaLolita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The consistency is pretty special, it really becomes kind of watery and non-greasy. It adds some texture and movement to your hair with a bit of hold, although not too much. I would consider it closer to a pomade than a wax... I expect a wax to have a bit more hold. This is closer to texturizer with shine and is nice and light, although if you use too much it can be heavy/greasy of course.

I have used several of these over the past 10 years and will always have it on hand. Great especially if you have layers or want to emphasize some choppiness & movement.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just meh. I have Medium length (1 inch below shoulders) fine, straight hair that tens to be be dry and flyaway. If you use too much of this stuff, your hair will look more greasy. My boyfriend commented that it took the "Life" out of my hair. It looked kinda limp. He was right. But I gave it to my teenage son who has ultra thick wavy hair and he likes it for texture and it works much better on his hair type. I was hoping to get that piecy look with this but it failed miserably for me. It's expensive but I can see this jar lasting forever. It will probably go "bad" before you use it all. So fine hair folks, not good. Wavy, coarse hair, yes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for me. I have long, thick straight hair and it just didn't hold at all. Probably best for people with short, fine hair. I got it for $17 at a mom & pop beauty supply.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had this in my drawer for at least 7 years. Somehow its half way gone. I think I keep it and use it off and on hoping I will like it some day.

WELL TODAYS THE DAY !!

I finally 'get' the name. Water wax. Its not heavy. I have fine, wavy color treated hair that I usually wear straight or curled, and its layered. I also have bangs that I have kind of texturized and wear kind of to the side, with a major cowlick in the front.

I've used this the last few days - I rotate thru Jonathan Dirt and some stuff by Aveda, and I've noticed this is SUPER clean. Not oily, not heavy and I can use it on my bangs and they don't look dirty and gross a day later. I like to go about 4 days between washings and this doesn't seem to propel me closer to a wash than other pomade/wax products do.

WOW. It also seems to volumize. And all very lightly. I am impressed. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. I put this on my hair dry as a final 'finishing' product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chitownkel

I have very fine hair, but lots of it, and with my new ultra short pixie cut I wanted something to keep the 'piecy' look and mega shine going. So I bought almost everything and this was amongst my "haul".

This product does nothing for me. Even a dime sized amount makes my hair look "dirty"/greasy. It doesn't shine at all. It dries up after about an hour and it looks like you didn't wash your hair AND you didn't put any styling product in. Not nice.

I much prefer Aveda Brilliante for shine and Sebastian Molding Mud for "piecing out" the ends. Just my .02!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't remember Water Wax doing much for me. I used it when I would put my hair in ponytails in order to tame flyaways. But then again, I could have been using it wrong on my African-American relaxed hair.

I really used it to slick back my edges, and it was ok but nothing spectacular because it didn't really have any kind of hold. Plus it seemed hideously greasy. Not worth the money I spent, which was like $17!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One word sums this up: gross. I've tried other brands of wax or pastes and this is my least favorite. It doesn't hold and gums up. I have fine but thick straight, healthy hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by luvburmese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have straight shoulder length Latin hair. I wasnít very impressed with this product especially, at $17 dollars not including tax. I bought this for my part to keep stray hairs in place. It made my hair feel greasy and unwashed even when using very little. (Btw, I donít have an oily scalp). It looked as though I had a stingy unwashed scalp and hair. I wont be buying this again.