Sephora Sealant

2.1

on 1/18/2005 1:08:00 PM

I bought this because all the other brands in sephora were sold out :( I didnt mind the odd scent, like cherry alcohol lol. I wear it over lip gloss. I like how it makes my lips uber shiny - however i am a lip-licker lol i am always smooshing my lips together, and i found that when the sealant peels off and clumps on my lips if i rub my lips together or touch them. Meh. I have 1/2 bottle left and i dont know when i will use it again.

Ouch! I agree, it's like I was putting nail polish on my lips. It kinda gave a cool sensation which was different, but I couldn't get myself to use it after trying it twice. It didn't seal anything anyway, my lipstick would actually get on the brush of this thing!

on 1/8/2004 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. It felt and smelled like I was putting on nail polish. I had to take a look at the bottle to make sure I didn't accidentally pick up the wrong thing. Nope this was a sealant, alright. Although, the color stayed on longer, the irritation and flaking was too much to bear. I returned it immediately.

on 12/26/2003 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product today. It's not that bad. My only real gripe is if you forget you have it on and absentmindedly lick your lips, you're in for a horrid taste. The smell isn't that great either. Other than that, it doesn't sting my lips at all and I find it did help with my lip gloss staying on longer.

on 3/13/2003 7:12:00 PM

I have never had any problems with stinging on my lips until i tried this. Its unbearable! After awhile it goes away, and it flakes on my lips

on 2/5/2003 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Why does makeup always have to cost so much? This puny little bottle of clear liquid sealant was $15 and stings the living bejesus out of my lips. Anyhoo, after the stinging goes away, I found this product works fairly well. You apply the sealant and have to keep your lips spread apart for about 30 seconds (ugh, sound familiar? lol) to let it dry before you can resume normal drinking, slurping or chewing activity. It definitely does NOT make your lipstick last all day, but it does make it last longer than if you didn't use it. And what's a real riot is that I'm bonafide lipgloss wearer, not a lipsticker and it doesn't work on gloss. For lipstick wearers, this might not be such a bad thing, that is if you can get past the fifteen seconds of stinging. That's one second of sting for each dollar it costs to buy this!!!! (:)

on 12/28/2002 8:24:00 AM

I am very unhappy with this sealant. Not only did it not seal in my lipstick, it made my lips tingle and irritated them beyond belief. For the price, I would have expected something much better. I will not be repurchasing this again.

on 12/21/2002 11:50:00 PM

For $15 I can keep one application of lipstick on all day. You apply your lipstick, blot with a tissue and use the brush to swip a thin layer of this clear liquid over lipstick. At work I drink coffee all morning, eat lunch and drink bottled water all afternoon and when I get home I still have to wash my lipstick off. I do not like lip glosses so I have no idea how this would work on a gloss but if you use traditional lipsticks this stuff works. I also use English Ideas Lip Last which is excelent and I like it as well, but with the Sephora sealant I don't get a burning feeling on my lips after I apply it where the Lip Last is a little harsh after applying it.