August 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - ANEW Ultra Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG MAKEUP REMOVER/CLEANSER. Haaa. Last MUA review for this was in 2007. I'm 22, my mom is in her mid 50's and she used to be big into makeup. Lot of Mary Kay, Avon, Clinique, and Lancome. Of all her findings, this was the best.

Pros:
1. Never ever ever stings EVER. I have rubbed IN to my eyes and I can continue cleansing my face with no discomfort.
2. Removes any and all makeup and skincare (such as waterproof sunscreen), quickly too.
3. Cheap and will last a long time. A bottle is around $10 for 5.1 fl. oz. I can't even believe it sometimes, it's such a hidden gem. Also the pump pumps small amounts. I don't count every time, but with my every day routine (3 steps of skincare, primer on face and eyes, BB cream, eye shadows, eyeliner, mascara, lip color), 3 pumps does all over and 2 pumps does the eyes and the mascara especially (best way is to pinch lashes and rub fingers together--the cleanser is a lotion and very gentle).
4. There is a fragrance but it's unoffensive and so not irritating.
5. Moisturizes, but isn't greasy nor does it leave any kind of bad feeling on the face.
6. Can be used with or without water.
7. The pump locks if you need it to, like during travel.

Description on back of bottle: This remarkably rich cleanser, specifically formulated with a Moisture Retention Compound and Oxa Acid, gently cleanses skin. Instantly infuses moisture into skin, leaving it feeling soft and refreshed (YES, TRUTH). Instantly, gently removes makeup and dirt without stripping skin of essential moisture (INDEED). Instantly, thoroughly cleanses while maintaining skin's pH balance. Hypo-allergenic. Dermatologist-tested. Non-comedogenic.

Before & After:
I was on my second bottle of Maybelline's Flash Clean 3-in-1 makeup removing lotion because it was cheap, worked well enough, and I didn't feel like trying something new, for fear it would suck. But honestly, now that I have an A+ product, I see how shitty the FC lotion was. Its only plus seemed to be that it smelled amazing.. The FC never was able to remove all my mascara or eyeliner. And it claimed to moisturize, but it just left a slippery veil on your face that I wanted off. And it seemed to be causing me acne. I've been on the Avon cleanser a few months now and all the random zits I seemed to be getting all of a sudden stopped cropping up. I still have that bottle, sitting in my shower begging me to use it, but never again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't do anything foamy anymore because my skin is so dry and I have to use Pond's cold cream at night. Anew Ultra Cleanser is what I use in the shower in the morning. It's a light layer of cleanser without any foamy agents. It smells good and the bottle has lasted me forever. When I first got it, I used it at night and wiped it off with an unscented baby wipe and it worked fine that way also. This can be found in Avon brochures on sale sometimes for $10-12.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received in a BOGO offer...this creamy cleanser is awesome. Very gentle, and works wonderfully with the Clarifying Essence toner. I also like that you don't have to use very much product to cover the face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I often blend cleansers this is one I used to my usual mixture of about 3 products.After rinsing I noticed more clarity in my skin,brighter,cleaner and most of all softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by nadery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It is very gentle and sometimes you have very little makeup left on your face. The toner (Clarifying Essense) takes care of that. It also helped me in fading little scars and preventing zits in my chin (my skin is dry but tends to break out on my chin because I touch my face too much). I could see a difference in one week! It never happened to me before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 1:21:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

This product is pretty cool. After using it to wash my face, I feel that my face looks flawless and radiant. One caveat:this cleanser has loads of micro-glitter in it, so after washing your face with this, no matter how much you rinse, your face will be slightly glittery. But the glitter in this cleanser is so fine that you can hardly see it. But this bothered me a lot, because I don't like my cleansers to leave anything behind....and in the beginnning, when I first started using this, it would sting my face, but after awhile my skin got used to it. When you get to the end of this cleanser, it's kind of hard to get it out, but I just put my bottle upside-down, and that worked fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Samantha4g

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite cleanser! I'm on my third bottle already. This is a NON-FOAMING CREAMY cleanser--perfect for people with dry and sensitive skin. Even though it doesn't lather, it cleans my face very well! Afterwards, it feels smooth, clean, but NOT tight.

It's conveniently packaged in a pump container, so a couple of pumps is more than enough for my entire face. It's very gentle, so I can actually cleanse my eye area with it.

The price is pretty cheap (about $10) or you can get it from eBay for about $6 per bottle. Definitely worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by avon_lady

I really like this stuff cause it makes my face feel really soft and it smells great. Although I wish it made more of a lather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2002 3:12:00 PM More reviews by shandrews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

From now on, I will only use Avon Anew products on my face. This cleanser in particular has helped make my ultra-oily skin smooth, clean, and luminous. The scent is pleasant. A+