August 1, 2014 | 994 users online

Hair Treatments - Alberto Vo5 - Hot Oil Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product worked well for my hair, after I ombred my hair a few months ago my ends and lower lengths were completely ruined from the bleach. The first time I applied this product I used the instructions on the back too use it after shampooing , however I found that because my hair was already saturated in water that the oil was just sort of sitting there dispite being left to absorbs for more than 15. However when I applied this product on dry hair before shampooing (I did heat it up too) I found my hair absorbed it. Note it also worked better when I reheated the oil in my hair with a hair dryer once it had cooled. This product left my hair feeling nourished again and restored it to the state of health it was at before I bleached it. (Along with smelling good too)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Rosa93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a good product it makes hair feel softer and moisturised

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by boochild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, where to start. I had my hair colored by a salon a few weeks ago and the woman butchered my hair. She left the stripping agent on to long which resulted in my hair turning a strange orange reddish color. I had my hair redone at another place and they noted that my hair was dry because of the previous accident. I have always used V05 hot oil in the past and never had any trouble with it. I proceeded in using it like the package states and left it in for 1 minute. When it came time to rinse I noticed that the water was tinted with color which made me very worried. After shampooing and conditioning like I always do the tint was still there. When my hair dried my hair was not the same color it was before I started it. The oil treatment flushed out a lot of the coloring and made it go from my normal dark brown ( I'm half Cherokee so that's my normal color) to a reddish color. I wouldn't recommend using this product with colored hair as the same might happen to someone else. I plan on contacting the company about this as my hair will have to be redone yet again. It did make my hair soft to the touch though..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use this years and years ago. Although I liked the results, I didn't find it any better than any other deep conditioner. Since then I've discovered COCONUT OIL and THAT has made ALL the difference in the world for my hair. I use a pre-shampoo coconut oil treatment twice a week and my hair is soooooo soft, silky, shiny, bouncy, thick, full, with tight, well-defined curls, and I always air-dry it and never style it and let it dry naturally. I have very long thick hair, so the amount of oil that you get in a tiny little tube of the VO5 was like practically nothing to me. The only advantage I can see in using Alberto VO5 instead of pure coconut oil is that it is fast and convenient. I haven't used this in years, and I don't plan on doing so anymore, prefer my coconut oil SO much more over this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the average ratings for this product! I think this was the one product that made me believe there was hope for my dead hair after all!! I used to use it a while ago and then stopped, and then suddenly repurchased a couple of years ago, and man am I glad I did! I oil my hair once a week (as in soak my hair, root to ends with coconut, blackseed and neem oil) and use this once a week. Okay, I think I am giving it a little too much credit, but it does make my hair really soft! I think it's important to get it reasonably hot before (not to the point where you'll cook your hair), but leave it in a cup of hot water (not boiling!) for a good few minutes. I find it a good quick fix, for the days where I'm not able to do my coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my rescue product especially if I use crappy products that strip my hair. I use it once a week. My hair is waist-length, wavy and prone to some dryness. This makes it soft and silky and tames my waves with no oily residue. As the other reviewers have said, use it exactly as instructed. Make sure all the product is rinsed out, and shampoo thorougly. And do not think you are doing yourself any favours by leaving it for more than a minute.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by deannagrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this twice a week when I was in my 30's. It came in a little plastic bottle, then, and you could choose original, or a nice herbal scent. I forgot about it. they don't advertise. I'm fifty now, with very few gray hairs, but I do color my hair. The last color job left my hair looking kind of flat. I used a VO5 hot oil treatment last night, and I can't stop looking at my hair! It is SO shiny, and has SO much body. It's gorgeous! how are you going to write a review, when you don't use the product according to the instructions?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by nic16xo

I like this product, but it's nothing really special. I use it once a week or whenever my hair feels really dry. It's so easy to use and it does nourish my hair to an extent but it doesn't perform miracles. Good product but i'll still be experimenting with other brands!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used the hot oil in my course long dry hair several times. It is a great treatment to use when my hair is feeling extra dry (a few weeks after a hair dye job or after a lot of time spent in the sun). Although it does a pretty good job, it is fairly expensive and I feel like I can get the same results from using coconut oil and leaving it in my hair a few hours before a shower. That being said, I would still buy V05 if I was travelling or didn't have the time for a treatment that takes a bit longer to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

While this is not a miracle hot oil treatment, it works pretty well for the price. It is also quick and easy to use. I don't have the patience to sit for hours waiting for a hair treatment to work, so being able to do this in under a minute was a big plus for me. It rinses out very easily, with no greasy residue. My dry, frizzy hair was noticeably softer, with fewer tangles, although I still had some residual frizz. I haven't been using this for long, so I will see how well this works over the long term.