October 22, 2014 | 2001 users online

rated 1.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start off with some background information:

- I have thick, long hair (down to my lower back)
- colour treated and relatively damaged

Purchasing Store:
I purchased my T3 Bodywaver from a store called "Dealking" on Amazon (probably not the best idea now that I think back) for $142 CAN plus tax and shipping. I thought it was a fair price considering Sephora Canada sold it for $179!

The Make:
At first look, the T3 looks like a solid piece of appliance. After about 10 uses (I've had it for about 3 months), the top of the curler began to feel sticky. So I attempted to wipe it down one day and realized that it was not sticky, the actual coating of the top was melting. Not essential to the functionality of the iron—fine. The barrel itself however was turning brown. Disgusted. Having 5 heat settings is great if only it "worked" at any other setting other than at the highest 410°. This resulted in me having to snip off some very, very damaged ends each time after I wash my hair.

The Results:
I've never used a curling iron or wand prior to my purchase of the T3 Bodywaver so I basically learned how to curl my hair with it. After several uses, I learned how to hold my hair in a way that makes big curls. The curls looked fabulous....FOR THE FIRST 20 MINUTES. No matter WHAT I did to try and keep the curls alive, they would fall. I tried curling it after a blowdry with heat protectant spray...without...with Aveda STRONG HOLD hair spray...with large clips to let the hair cool...with large clips AND hair spray..I even tried keeping my head as still as possible thinking it was movement that straightened the hair prematurely. Nope. Not it. I lent this product to my coworker who is a master of making things work and even she could not figure it out. What's worst than a tool not doing what it was made to do—the side effects. This tool made my hair smell like burnt mushrooms. When I would get into the shower, the smell was multiplied by 10. The smell would only go away after 2 washes. Just horrendous. You see why I've only used it around 10 times, right?

Prior to purchasing this, I read a lot of reviews. Now when I look back at these reviews, I can say which ones are true and which ones are not true. So let me save you some time by listing out some things I've heard over and over and over again to better help you!

- "It heats up super fast"—TRUE
- "will give you victoria's secret style luscious hair"—TRUE
- "it isn't stable when you put it on the counter"—TRUE
- "leaves deep creases"—TRUE
- "Hard to find 1.75" barrel size"—TRUE
- "gave off a horrible burnt plastic smell"—TRUE

My Advice:
Save yourself a lot of money and time, and just get a curling wand. I went to my local Winners (TJ Maxx) and purchased a $34.99 curling wand (1.25") and it creates beautiful, LONG LASTING, big curls that I can sleep/play/move around in. The wand is made by fareneit hair tools and does exactly what you are looking for in the T3 bodywaver. Even a Conair curling wand will hold curls better than the T3 (albeit, not the big beachy curls you're looking for).