January 27, 2015 | 1321 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:53:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this scrub. It is a staple in my house, even though I do not find it to be amazing by any means. The price is certainly right.

The fragrance is nice, and the formula does not break out my skin. Sometimes I switch this one up with the apricot scrub meant for blemish control if I am experiencing a break out.

The only main drawback of this scrub is that it doesn't do a good job of exfoliating my dry skin in winter. I feel like the amount of scrubby particles in the product is lacking - the product is mostly "lotion". I apply this to my skin in small circular motions, but most of my skin isn't touched by the exfoliating particles, only certain portions of my face are, because there are so few of them in it. Therefore, in the winter, my skin remains flaky if it is dry.

I do like to use this when my skin isn't so dry, and it is perfect for a mild exfoliator.

The exfoliating particles themselves are not too scratchy, so compared to other exfoliators, I find this one to be gentle and I don't think it is doing any harm to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2015 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this scrub like crazy (nostalgia reasons, I guess) and I don't think it damaged my skin but it dried it out a lot. There are better scrubs out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:24:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

I have been using this face wash religiously for about 10 years now and I still love it! The beads are a little big, but I like it since I feel like it scrubs and cleans my face more. It smells really good and leaves your face soft. I started using this in high school when I had horrible acne everywhere, and it really did help clear my acne. I used it twice a day while scrubbing gently as to not irritate my acne prone at the time. Now that I only get hormonal acne, I use it every other day and still works really well. I also got my boyfriend to use it and he loves it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 10:42:00 PM More reviews by boijer

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?" Yes. I have - about 1,000 times. This has been my #1 face cleanser for about 15 years. I have combination skin, very acne prone. This product works wonderfully in combination with my topical prescription acne medication (combination antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide). I find that I need extra exfoliation with the turnaround my face presents. It is an incredibly gritty paste that, when used gently, has given me wonderful results. The scent and package have changed a few times since I started using it and I still miss some of the older formulations though I've hardly noticed a difference in the results. This is the cheapest and most accessible product that I could find for daily use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ArielKaren

While I was using this scrub (2-3 times a week), I found my face to feel a lot greasier than usual. I used up a whole bottle and I would definitely recommend this only to people with tough skin, not gentle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:15:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I liked this when I was a teenager. It didn't give me spectacular results but it was decent enough and I liked the scent. Now I just use a facial BufPuf along with my facial wash of choice when I want to exfoliate.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 4:04:00 AM More reviews by nicholle0205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm almost done with the jar I have but overall it hasn't really been great. It made my skin looking bright and soft after I had used it but for only awhile. It got rid of some of my acne but the smaller ones. I still have problems with my chin, the side of my face and some acne on my forehead. So no, I didn't really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

Love this stuff. Def the best drugstore deep exfoliate out there. I only use once or twice a week, skin feels so soft afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

LOVE LOVE LOVE I think I found my holy grail face exfoliator!! It makes my face so soft and smooth and brand new. I use it 1-2 times a week. Make sure to use a light hand with it tho and don't scrub too hard. If you use it gently, it's great!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by BlushingHeelz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of scrubs so I thought I would love this one, but I just can't seem to love it. It's very abrasive and tends to hurt my face when I use it. I don't have sensitive skin at all, so I was shocked when this irritated my face. The scrub is great at what it does, but it's just too abrasive and scratchy for my liking. I wouldn't repurchase this and I only use it if I'm desperate and don't have a backup scrub left.