September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by leahhdawnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so surprised to read all of the negative reviews! I have used this face scrub nearly every day for the past five or six years and my skin has never been clearer! It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and I've found that it helps to balance my skin as well (prior to using it I had very patchy oily/dry skin). I've tried countless other face cleansers and none of them come close to St. Ives! I would definitely recommend this product (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. I have used it on andoff since iI was 14. It ALWAYS clears up my skin I have noticed. Every.time. I love the scent as well. It may seem a bit rough at first and its weird..but your face will get use to it. I love the blemish control version very much! I feel like this is the best version for someone acne prone like myself. There are 4 versions: blemish control, fresh skin, original, and the sensitive skin version.I have never used the sensitive skin version and the fresh skin version seems..not gritty and exfoliating enough for me. It also seems like it leaves behind a filmy-ness on my face and i don't like that. I only use the original and blemish control st.Ives apricot scrubs and they work EXTREMELY WELL considering their cost. I use it everyday. I would head on over to Wally's(walmart) and scoop some up :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by merinasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone, oily skin and I have tried so many different face washes but this is the best I've used so far. For one, it smells AMAZING. I literally want to eat it when I put it on sometimes. LOL. It's definetly very gritty but if you put it on gently, you're fine. I put it on before I wash my body and my hair and let it sit and then rinse it off last. Your skin definetly feels much cleaner because it cleanses so deeply. In the morning, everywhere I've broken out has reduced and dried up. I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because for some people it could dry out your skin too much and do some damage. But if you use it every other day, you'll have some good results. Even if you don't have acne, I feel like this is a really good, deep exfoliating face wash. It just cleans your skin so well. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

Honestly, not everyone's face is going to be able to handle this exfoliator. For me personally, it's a godsend. If you have thin, sensitive skin, this is probably not for you and you should look for something gentler.

For reference I have combination/leaning more toward oily skin. I have overactive sebum production, thick resiliant skin, acne prone, large pores, and skin that does NOT slough properly. I've been told to "just splash water on your face" or "use a soft cloth and don't scrub" by a few people. If I go that route, my skin gets super clogged, dead skin accumulates leaving a dull complexion, and I'll get tons of breakouts/blackheads/sebum clogs/cysts. It's just not a pretty sight.

I use St. Ives scrub every. single. morning. It does not feel like I'm exfoliating with glass, or sandpaper. It feels amazing. When I rinse it off my skin is baby butt smooth. It keeps all my acne at bay, it helps existing acne clear up much quicker too.

I always forget how amazing this scrub is because my skin will clear up because of it, and I'll STOP using it, which I need to remember to stop doing. My skin breaks out again and I'll be so confused why, and then I'll remember that my skin sucks and doesn't slough like everyone elses.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, yeah. Excellent stuff. If you like exfoliating with what feels like glass shards.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Xnaomi96x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this scrub and I feel like it really does remove all the dead skin from my face however using it as often as I do (3-4 times a week) sometimes i do get small spots mostly around my forehead or eyebrows but I feel like my skin needs it that often. I've started mixing this with a pump of my soap and glory cleanser and I find it makes it that little bit gentler on my skin. It has a pleasant smell and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. I don't have sensitive skin at all so I think that's why I'm able to use it so often without much irritation but I think if you've got sensitive skin then maybe just use this once a week since the particles are quite rough then you should be able to judge how often to use this by how your skin reacts. I will be repurchasing this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Serena98

Gets the job done as far as exfoliation goes, it makes my skin really soft & smooth. I have the blemish flighting one and didn't really notice much blemish fighting action. Great price but still want to look for the perfect scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess one good thing about this scrub is the price and smell. One thing I do not like about it is that you have to avoid your eyes... because it hurts when some of the rough beads get inside your eyes. On the exfoliating scale.. I would say it's medium to deep. It does not do a deep exfoliating because the beads are not rough enough. Afterward my skin usually feels clean and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Anne2029

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this scrub! It's probably my favorite face scrub because I always find myself gravitating towards it. I've been using this scrub for more than 5 years now, on and off, but I truly feel this scrub works well for me (I've tried others too). AND!! You can't complain about the price... it's affordable! My face feels very clean everytime I use it. I also think it helped deminish some of my blemishes after many use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by paisleypunk

Honestly, nothing this abrasive should be going on anyone's face. Ever. It feels like sandpaper because it pretty much is - it leaves microtears in the skin. There are far gentler ways to exfoliate... like a clean washcloth, or even salicylic acid.

Gets a point for smelling nice.