November 27, 2014 | 1238 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - cocoa butter body gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by dany06

Even though Im naturally tan (mac nc45 and face and arms are darker than other body parts), I've been playing around with sunless tanners to get a more golden glow. During my first experiments I only tanned one leg. When I placed the body gloss over the sunless tanned legs it looked so glossy and beautiful like those jergen natural glow ads in the darkest color. On my pale yellow/brown leg, the gloss makes it look even lighter and you can definetely tell there is sparkle. I cant say for sure that the shimmer stuff is silver or gold, but it works the best on tanned skin. Regardless it looks very natural. I love this stuff but it reeks. Luckily the scent fades to a very lvery very light orginal palmers cocoa butter lotion smell.
I went into the store and I only saw one of these bottle but the prenatal radiance body gloss was fully stocked and had the same exact horrible smell. In fact it looked and smelt the same except the ingredients are slightly different towards the end and it is 8 or 10 oz versus the 13. 5 ounces. i only paid $3 at my local freds. I will definitely buy this again before summer hits. I find it really hard to find sparkle lotions locally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Much too shimmery for me...I wouldn't even wear this at a rave party in Ibiza, that's how much the shimmer annoys me! It smells quite nice and is pretty moisturising, but the shimmer is ridiculous and silver, so instead of giving a subtle glimmer, it looks like 2 year old dress up makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by sammielouisexo

i love this product. it works well. It smells lovely. I think it wouldd be better if it was in a tub instead of a bottle though it would be easier :)but the product itself it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by beautifulbones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss!

Although the smell is something left to be desired, it manages to shimmer while remaining discreet at the same time. I use half to a pea size amount on both my arms and my torso area whenever I go out and it feels lovely on my skin as well as eye catching. It's a bit annoying when there is leftover product on my palms but that's nothing a little water can't fix.

Definitely repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Palmer's products are my HG of moisturizers. This makes my arms, legs and decollete look radiant both indoors and outside .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like all the Palmer's products, so when I got a tube of this as a sample I was quite excited. I tried it and it felt really nice but i didn't see the shimmer. I must admit I was quite disappointed, but when I went outside into natural light, they were much more visible in a natural way. I think that this gives skin a very realistic and natural glow, it doesn't look like you accidentally spilt glitter all over yourself. I think its a nice formula, and quite a good product for your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I must have got a bad bottle (batch to be more precise) because it stinks. I purposefully went and smelled the other Palmers Cocoa Butter formula creams and they all smell fantastic like chocolate (with the exception of the body gloss)! weird..

The shimmer is only noticeable in the sun. I am not sure if I love the overall effect. I expected to get glowing skin even with indoor lighting but it turned out to be more sparkly than glowy.

I am on the fence with the moisturizing effect: it seems rich enough and is too oily for me in summer. But now when my skin is dry in winter it wasn't moisturizing enough. It also made my skin itch more that normal.

My conclusion will be: if it wasn't for the ugly smell, it would have been an ok cheap body gloss lotion - but its not the case so I would never buy it again ...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to use this shimmer lotion during the summer more than any other, probably because I like the color of the shimmer & have a hard time finding other shimmer lotion that I like better (believe me I looked!). I used to use Fruit Of The Earth Shimmering Lights Suntan Shimmer lotion but then it got discontinued. Great :So I tried others, both cheap & expensive, & I didn't like any until I found Palmer's for $7 or $8 in a large pump bottle. It's thick white lotion with pearly white shimmer that has to be blended in really well so as to not have any white streaks. My skin is not very dark, so the shimmer blends well. Then it doesn't show unless I'm in the sun or under special spotlights or flood lights, so I'm not glittering 24/7, only under the right lighting conditions. The shimmer is micro-fine, so it looks like a shimmery dewy glow. The lotion leaves my skin soft & moisturized.
The one thing I really hate about this lotion is the strong scent. It has that wonderful scent of cocoa butter that Palmer's is known for, but the scent of it in this lotion is so intense AND lingering all day that not only does it compete with my perfume but it makes me sick to smell it all the time. Ooosh.
In any case, it's a big bottle so I have a lot to last me for a LONG time. I usually only use it on my legs in the summer, as I can't take the smell of it on my arms so unbearably close to my face.
For my arms I found Burt's Bees Radiance mica shimmer lotion ($8-$10) which is natural, infused with royal jelly, & smells refreshingly light.
All's good now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by XxAwesomeActressxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
well, i do love almost ALL palmers products but this is simply amazing for me!
It smells divine
lovely glow without being to fake and glittery
it doesn't leave white marks on me but that might be because i have quite a fair skin tone.
I only have the sample size but i only have a bti left from using it so much over a looong time!
Not only will i buy it again but i'll buy back ups.
It soaks into my skin easily without being over moistusing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The cream was a good consistency and I feel neither one way nor the other about the iridescence but I hated the fact it wouldn't rub in and left great white streaks everywhere unless you put some serious effort in. I also loathed the smell to the point of throwing the tube away.