January 30, 2015 | 2082 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - Dolce Eau de Parfum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 5:20:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love the bottle and the colors. But the scent is just not for me. Agree with comparisons to an Avon perfume my grandmother had (Honeysuckle?), which I LOVED to smell in its cream form in a container. This new perfume, though, is in the category of hard-to wear for me. I find it distracting and it does not mix with my chemistry. Darn it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 12:55:00 PM More reviews by michellelova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my 'conversion' perfume going from super sweet, candy, girly scents to a more grown, flowery yet fresh scent. I have always leaned towards the same type of perfumes since high school and I was ready for a change, I wanted a more "elegant'' smell.

I got it from Saks Fifth in a package that came with a shower gel and lotion in the bigger size bottle for $120 which is pretty steep in price.It lasts quiet a while but I haven't noticed if it lasts all day. The bottle is cute and simple to use. The scent itself is a little bit sweet but deff not candy sweet more of a flowery and fresh sweet. I love it and always get compliments. It's my special occasion perfume :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 8:43:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Currently wearing a sample of Dolce & Gabbana EDP. When first spritzed, it smells sweet, but once it hits my skin, a pungent men's cologne fragrance hits my nose. Not a lovely unisex scent as in Chance Eau Fraiche, or Aromatics Elixir, but a heady, dark, pungent smell. However, the more I wear this, have noticed the initial pungent men's cologne scent doesn't make an appearance. Don't know if my nose is getting accustomed to it before drydown, or if my body chemistry had a wonky day due to hormones. I am at that age….

Drydown is a soft, very pleasant, feminine floral with a touch of musk. I don't find this fragrance cloying in the least. Do feel this is fitting for both work, and an evening on the town.

Am enjoying wearing the sample of D&G; however, not certain I like the scent enough to pay the asking price. One thing I am certain of regarding D&G EDP is the bottle is absolutely adorable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This one is a super super sweet synthetic floral on my skin. We are not a good match!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I like this a lot. I smell floral and "green" scents. It's light and subtle. It reminds me of Ralph Lauren's Romance. Sorry, but I don't detect an apple note whatsoever. I like this enough to buy it but as others have stated, it doesn't last. Very expensive for something that doesn't last. This fragrance is refreshing and very appealing. I don't get that some say it's a masculine smell. To me, this is 100% feminine. I am still searching for my signature scent and although this isn't it, I can see myself wearing it quite a bit.

UPDATE: I went to the dept. store today and purchased this. The fragrance lingers longer than I thought. I can still smell it, some 6-7 hours later. Since dept. stores now consider this the holiday gift-giving season (Oct. 1st????), I was able to get a gift set which includes the 2.5 oz perfume, along with body lotion and shower gel. What a great, clean, fresh, and pretty scent! This one is going to get worn all year around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't even describe how much I love this product. Love, love, love!!!!! It smells feminine, warm, sweet, subtle but sexy. It is sweet with light white floral. As everyone else said, there is nothing offensive about this scent. And the bottle is ADORABLE. It lasts pretty good - I spray on my pulse points in the morning and spray again the afternoon and I can smell it all day. Its my new signature scent!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance! I couldn't afford the bottle, although its so pretty, so for now I have the fragrance pen that was just under $30. This fragrance lasts on me all day, hope to get the large bottle soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by SwordInStone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought the cap meant that the fragrance would be thick and opaque like Fracas, and that there'd be sweet heady white florals. Instead, the actual fragrance smells more like the bottle instead of the cap; it's GREEN and quite sheer. Some reviewers have compared it to DKNY Be Delicious, and I can see why since both are very light and sweet and floral. However, Dolce isn't as fruity.

On the plus side, it's got white flowers without being heavy, as white flower perfumes can often be. But then again, I don't like the green because it makes me feel like sneezing. It doesn't smell like actual flowers and leaves, but a perfume of flowers and leaves, if that made any sense. Instead of seeming sexy or mysterious or ghostly, it just smells expensive. It smells posh, appropriate--it announces that you're wearing perfume, it tries too hard to smell effortless. And that's great if you're in an office setting, but really not great for being sexy in a subtle way. I'll need my milk and honey lotion for that.

I had two Russian classes with some free time in between to study quietly. I say quietly, but...the Italian teacher has a very loud and strong voice that resonates throughout the hall. He accent is prominent, her voice is deep and rich, and she speaks slowly for the beginners' class. I always pictured her as a large woman in her mid-50s, with elegantly curled hair, and always wearing high heels and too much perfume. But in fact, she's around 24 but looks five years younger, very short and thin with straight black hair and pale skin. She's very pretty. And she smells like cigarettes, not perfume.

So that was just something funny to share; I'm not sure if my wrong impressions of the perfume had to do with my wrong impression of the instructor. I feel quite elegant with the small bottle of the perfume on my desk, next to the ink and liquid latex and plastic army men. I like it, but it's simply too polished, too appropriately cheerful for a rough-and-tumble thundercloud like me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Dolce EDP is a very light, soft, delicate, feminine, elegant, classy green floral. Good for offices, church, elevators, medical settings, meetings, luncheons, restaurants -- anywhere you want your fragrance to be nice, yet reserved and polite. I picture this on someone like Kate Middleton, making one of her public appearances.

A safe, discrete, PC, no-worries green floral that is almost guaranteed to be pleasant to you and everyone around you -- for as long as you're able to smell it, that is. Which may not be very long.

I find this EDP's longevity to be very poor, even layering with lotion. Mildly sweet, fresh, & airy to begin with, it progresses to a drydown that for me is a bit on the dry, papery side. It's not heady in the least (no headaches at all!), not loud, not sharp, not creamy, not powdery, not musky -- and for me, not really sensuous either.

I can't think of any direct smell-alikes, but I would put this in the same broad *type* as Pure White Linen, Alfred Sung Pure, Something Blue, Avon Haiku. I received a set as a Mother's Day gift, and I think I'll go through my EDP quite quickly, due to frequent re-applications.

I overheard a sales associate at Sephora promoting this perfume quite aggressively to her customers -- offering samples -- and saying it's the "hottest" new fragrance for Spring.

Dolce EDP will serve a purpose in my collection -- it is pretty, and it fills a specific niche -- but because it's expensive and I can't smell it longer than 1-2 hours, I doubt I'll replace my bottle after it's finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've been really digging this new D&G scent. I find Light Blue to be played out in general, but this one is a refreshing new option. After getting a bunch of sample of this in the past few months and lots of compliments, I decided to use some of my points and get a bottle for spring. This is a gentle, floral scent appropriate for workplace and also dinnertime. It's sexy, but not sultry like Gucci or Burberry. It's sweet and not overpowering. Fragrance reviews are tough, but I do like to take the time to point out the ones the strike my interest every so often. Definitely try this out if you like Lancôme or other D&G scents.