Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Eau de Parfum

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

What a weird perfume. I thought it would be a nice floral girly Spring scent, but I've smelled body sprays with more personality. And it almost has a masculine dry down on my skin. I would never buy this.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the scent of this floral perfume its complex and simple at the same time. It's a sweet pleasant smell that is a great scent all year round. Very light smelling but also has great staying power. Would definitely recommend.

on 1/19/2015 5:20:00 PM

I Love the bottle and the colors. But the scent is just not for me. Agree with comparisons to an Avon perfume my grandmother had (Honeysuckle?), which I LOVED to smell in its cream form in a container. This new perfume, though, is in the category of hard-to wear for me. I find it distracting and it does not mix with my chemistry. Darn it.

on 1/16/2015 12:55:00 PM

This is my 'conversion' perfume going from super sweet, candy, girly scents to a more grown, flowery yet fresh scent. I have always leaned towards the same type of perfumes since high school and I was ready for a change, I wanted a more "elegant'' smell.

I got it from Saks Fifth in a package that came with a shower gel and lotion in the bigger size bottle for $120 which is pretty steep in price.It lasts quiet a while but I haven't noticed if it lasts all day. The bottle is cute and simple to use. The scent itself is a little bit sweet but deff not candy sweet more of a flowery and fresh sweet. I love it and always get compliments. It's my special occasion perfume :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Currently wearing a sample of Dolce & Gabbana EDP. When first spritzed, it smells sweet, but once it hits my skin, a pungent men's cologne fragrance hits my nose. Not a lovely unisex scent as in Chance Eau Fraiche, or Aromatics Elixir, but a heady, dark, pungent smell. However, the more I wear this, have noticed the initial pungent men's cologne scent doesn't make an appearance. Don't know if my nose is getting accustomed to it before drydown, or if my body chemistry had a wonky day due to hormones. I am at that age….

Drydown is a soft, very pleasant, feminine floral with a touch of musk. I don't find this fragrance cloying in the least. Do feel this is fitting for both work, and an evening on the town.

Am enjoying wearing the sample of D&G; however, not certain I like the scent enough to pay the asking price. One thing I am certain of regarding D&G EDP is the bottle is absolutely adorable.

on 9/29/2014 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This one is a super super sweet synthetic floral on my skin. We are not a good match!

on 9/26/2014 7:32:00 PM

I like this a lot. I smell floral and "green" scents. It's light and subtle. It reminds me of Ralph Lauren's Romance. Sorry, but I don't detect an apple note whatsoever. I like this enough to buy it but as others have stated, it doesn't last. Very expensive for something that doesn't last. This fragrance is refreshing and very appealing. I don't get that some say it's a masculine smell. To me, this is 100% feminine. I am still searching for my signature scent and although this isn't it, I can see myself wearing it quite a bit.

UPDATE: I went to the dept. store today and purchased this. The fragrance lingers longer than I thought. I can still smell it, some 6-7 hours later. Since dept. stores now consider this the holiday gift-giving season (Oct. 1st????), I was able to get a gift set which includes the 2.5 oz perfume, along with body lotion and shower gel. What a great, clean, fresh, and pretty scent! This one is going to get worn all year around.

on 6/14/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't even describe how much I love this product. Love, love, love!!!!! It smells feminine, warm, sweet, subtle but sexy. It is sweet with light white floral. As everyone else said, there is nothing offensive about this scent. And the bottle is ADORABLE. It lasts pretty good - I spray on my pulse points in the morning and spray again the afternoon and I can smell it all day. Its my new signature scent!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance! I couldn't afford the bottle, although its so pretty, so for now I have the fragrance pen that was just under $30. This fragrance lasts on me all day, hope to get the large bottle soon.

on 5/19/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought the cap meant that the fragrance would be thick and opaque like Fracas, and that there'd be sweet heady white florals. Instead, the actual fragrance smells more like the bottle instead of the cap; it's GREEN and quite sheer. Some reviewers have compared it to DKNY Be Delicious, and I can see why since both are very light and sweet and floral. However, Dolce isn't as fruity.

On the plus side, it's got white flowers without being heavy, as white flower perfumes can often be. But then again, I don't like the green because it makes me feel like sneezing. It doesn't smell like actual flowers and leaves, but a perfume of flowers and leaves, if that made any sense. Instead of seeming sexy or mysterious or ghostly, it just smells expensive. It smells posh, appropriate--it announces that you're wearing perfume, it tries too hard to smell effortless. And that's great if you're in an office setting, but really not great for being sexy in a subtle way. I'll need my milk and honey lotion for that.

I had two Russian classes with some free time in between to study quietly. I say quietly, but...the Italian teacher has a very loud and strong voice that resonates throughout the hall. He accent is prominent, her voice is deep and rich, and she speaks slowly for the beginners' class. I always pictured her as a large woman in her mid-50s, with elegantly curled hair, and always wearing high heels and too much perfume. But in fact, she's around 24 but looks five years younger, very short and thin with straight black hair and pale skin. She's very pretty. And she smells like cigarettes, not perfume.

So that was just something funny to share; I'm not sure if my wrong impressions of the perfume had to do with my wrong impression of the instructor. I feel quite elegant with the small bottle of the perfume on my desk, next to the ink and liquid latex and plastic army men. I like it, but it's simply too polished, too appropriately cheerful for a rough-and-tumble thundercloud like me.

Popular Fragrances