Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

3.2

water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sorbitol, laureth-4 carboxylic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/c10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, menthol, methylparaben, polyquaternium-39, propylparaben, charcoal powder, disodium edta, mannitol, iron oxides, cellulose, caprylic/capric triglyceride, methylisothiazolinone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this soap! It is amazing on oily skin and doesn't over dry. I don't have acne but I get the occasional pimple or breakout and this has stopped that completely. I use it with my clarisonic and it has made my skin smooth and soft. Don't love the minty tingle afterwards but overall I would definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never written a review but felt it was important too in this case. I have oily skin, but not a huge problem with acne. Generally a white head here or there before or during my period. I was even blessed with this through my teenage years. I decided recently to switch to Biore based on reviews and a slight change in my skin after moving to a hotter, more humid climate. The first few days were great. My skin never felt so good! I loved the tingle and the smell, my face was bright and clean. After about a week I noticed the first of the cystic acne. 3 painful, deep pimples on my chin. It being a few days before my monthly, I put it on that and didn't think much of it. About 3 more days in and I wake up with my neck itchy and my face feeling painful. My forehead was covered in painful read bumps and my cheeks had more cystic acne. I went directly to a dermatologist and she said stop the Biore!, I have done so, and am still dealing with the results, cystic acne and it's scars. Avoid this product, it's a creeping nightmare!

This product is absolute crap and is just all a gimmick. Only thing I appreciate from Biore is the nose strips which in fact I prefer the up and up ones from target are much better. Why spend money on something that bs?????

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really tough and very oily skin... but this somehow managed to dry the hell out of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this for my naturally oily skin. My boyfriend also uses this & at first noticed the breaking out some have mentioned, but I told him to use this face wash TWICE in a row and to subsequently rinse thoroughly after the second use as his breakouts were probably due to this product actually working to clear out his pores, only for the pore-clogging grime to spread over his face because he did not cleanse and rinse properly.

Little did he know... Within two days after taking my advice his breakouts were gone and his skin was looking clearer than before.

A lot of the reviews I read on here are often due to user error or a misinterpretation of the products purpose. I implore anyone experiencing breakouts from this product to take these simple steps and see if this changes your results.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Did nothing for me except made my skin super dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this product and I'm quite surprised that there are so many bad reviews. I've been using it for a few days and my acne is so much better. I struggle with acne and blackheads but after using this 2 times daily the acne is almost gone! The blackheads will probably take longer to get rid of... I have extremely sensitive skin (and I am an eczema sufferer my whole life) and this product makes my skin feel feel so smooth and wonderful... It also tingles when you put it on!

I hate this product! I heard many good things about charcoal cleansers and I feel like I picked the wrong brand because this one also made me break out with cystic acne. The price was around $6, which isn't bad but I spent a dollar more than the other brands thinking Bioré would be better. It's been a week and the acne has finally calmed down. But I will also stick back to African black soap because it's gives me the best natural clean and has never caused me to break out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this cleanser because I've seen so many great reviews. However, this cleanser caused me to break out in ugly cystic acne (which I haven't suffered from in years). I'm still trying to get rid of the pimples after a week after I stopped using the cleanser and I once they are gone I will have to battle with fading the scars they left behind. I regret following the hype over this cleanser and will be going back to using African black soap to clean my face.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This cleanser caused the worst breakout of my life on my chin
After the third day of using this, I started breaking out really bad in my chin and nose area. I continued using this product for the rest of the week and the cystic acne breakout just got worse and worse so I discontinued the product. It has been 2-3 days and the amount of pimples and damage to my skin that this product has caused is unbelievable. I am 44 years old and my skin has never looked like this ever.The rest of my bottle went I the trash.