December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this for about a month now and really like it. It's not superior to anything I have tried but it's a good solid cleanser. It's a gel that foams up and is very cool on the skin.

I do think people need to remember when they use cleansers to use in circular motions on the face for at least 30 seconds to a minute before rinsing. A lot to f these types of cleansers with charcoal and other specialized ingredients need time to activate.

This does clean well but will dry out the skin a bit. My skin is very dry anyway so using this more than once a day doesn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lifeislushx

I was shocked to see all of the positive reviews for this cleanser... I completely broke out especially on my chin, and it immediately cleared up after discontinuing the product. I have oily skin, and it dried out my face I thought in a good way, but it only made it extremely oily the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by x3Killjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favourite cleanser. It's kind of a gel that lathers into a foam.

Pros:

Really cleared up my skin!
Cool black gel formula
A little goes a long way
Doesn't dry out my skin
Cool, tingly sensation

Cons:

A little pricey, but it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was curious about the trend of charcoal cleansers, this sucker was around 8 dollars with the lovely Illinois sales tax and I noticed a difference in a few weeks, it helped clear up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an AWESOME cleanser that does what it promises! I decided to purchase the product based on an exceptional review that I read in the October, 2014 issue of Cosmopolitan. Essentially, the review boasted that using the cleanser feels like a facial every time! I was moved to buy the product because I was out of facial cleanser. I had nothing to lose buying it for $7.99 CAN at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I'm sure that it could be found for less at Walmart or Target.

I like the packaging. It's simple, although the cleanser itself packs a whole lot of punch! When you pump the bottle's dispenser, it emits a black, gel-like formula. When you apply the product onto your face and massage, it lathers well. Your skin will get a cool, tingly sensation, which is QUITE refreshing. It's almost as if you can feel the product working to clean out all the oil, dirt and makeup from your pores!

I use this product 1-2 times per day. My skin is combination, plus I wear makeup on a daily basis, so washing my face is essential; however, I'm thinking about cutting down to using this product once a day. It can be quite drying, but I'm addicted to the minty cool sensations that this product gives me whenever I use it! My skin looks noticeably more radiant since I've been using this formula to cleanse my face.

I totally recommend this product to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is a pretty cool face wash. I've been intrigued by the influx of charcoal beauty products and decided to give this a try. It's not a HG product but it does what it is supposed to. It leaves my skin soft and clear. It feels pretty cool when you use it too. I probably won't be repurchasing because I didn't really get that "wow" factor, but this is a good product nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Binney

This is a fabulous cleanser. It truly cleans your face so well that I don't see how it wouldn't clear up anyone's acne. I see that some people are having issues with it breaking them out, but I haven't had any problems with it. It totally cleanses my skin and takes off whatever I have on it and makes it feel and look clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Engelove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin and I wanted something for the occasional acne, like the time of the month and the changing of seasons.
This product, right after use makes my skin FEEL smooth, but left my skin tight and dry. Then hours later, my face is extremely oily. It gave me pepperoni face and I haven't had the big, red, angry and sore kind of acne since I was going through puberty. Which was about eight years ago.
I've been off the product for two days now, and I can feel my skin going back to normal and looking better with help from a knock off brand of St. Ives Acne medication scrub and Clean and Clear Spot treatment for the terrible acne thanks to Biore.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ashayk15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xSarahcate

Love this product. I can tell my face is cleaner visibly and tangibly. I think that the main issue the negative reviewers are having is that they are treating this product as an acne medication. This is a cleanser that you would use before acne treatment. On (as far as I know) all acne treatments the first step in to cleanse your face thoroughly. That is what this product is for. This product makes no claims about acne treatment. This is a skin cleanser. I would recommend a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment to apply after cleansing the face. Charcoal is not advertised as an acne treatment. It is unique to this product based on the hypothesis that the charcoal will draw out skin impurities and trap them so they may be washed away. Acne medications need to be delivered to clear pores- otherwise it's just like putting a blanket over a pile of trash. (Sorry that is kind of a strange attempt at a visual understanding of this concept.) This product is advertised as a skin cleanser- and is very effective in this area. Getting upset about this product alone not getting rid of your acne is similar to complaining that your shampoo does not condition your hair.

Of course, this product alone- like many other cleansers- may help some people with acne. It depends on what caused the acne in the first place. If you broke out due to simply having a dirty face with buildup of sweat, oils, and dirt, for example, this product will help to clear the pores, which will help with the acne. If, however, your acne is caused due to hormones/ stress, naturally oily skin, etc., you will need to use an acne product as well as a cleanser because your issue is not just blocked pores. Blocked pores is usually a part of the problem, but you need to kill the acne at it's source. It can't simply be washed away like dirt.

Sorry for the long review, I just would like people to be more knowledgeable about their skin and how to take care of this. I would definitely recommend this product to be used alongside other things such as astringents, spot treatments, etc. It leaves the skin very clean and fresh.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No