November 26, 2014 | 1881 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an AWESOME cleanser that does what it promises! I decided to purchase the product based on an exceptional review that I read in the October, 2014 issue of Cosmopolitan. Essentially, the review boasted that using the cleanser feels like a facial every time! I was moved to buy the product because I was out of facial cleanser. I had nothing to lose buying it for $7.99 CAN at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I'm sure that it could be found for less at Walmart or Target.

I like the packaging. It's simple, although the cleanser itself packs a whole lot of punch! When you pump the bottle's dispenser, it emits a black, gel-like formula. When you apply the product onto your face and massage, it lathers well. Your skin will get a cool, tingly sensation, which is QUITE refreshing. It's almost as if you can feel the product working to clean out all the oil, dirt and makeup from your pores!

I use this product 1-2 times per day. My skin is combination, plus I wear makeup on a daily basis, so washing my face is essential; however, I'm thinking about cutting down to using this product once a day. It can be quite drying, but I'm addicted to the minty cool sensations that this product gives me whenever I use it! My skin looks noticeably more radiant since I've been using this formula to cleanse my face.

I totally recommend this product to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is a pretty cool face wash. I've been intrigued by the influx of charcoal beauty products and decided to give this a try. It's not a HG product but it does what it is supposed to. It leaves my skin soft and clear. It feels pretty cool when you use it too. I probably won't be repurchasing because I didn't really get that "wow" factor, but this is a good product nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Binney

This is a fabulous cleanser. It truly cleans your face so well that I don't see how it wouldn't clear up anyone's acne. I see that some people are having issues with it breaking them out, but I haven't had any problems with it. It totally cleanses my skin and takes off whatever I have on it and makes it feel and look clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Engelove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin and I wanted something for the occasional acne, like the time of the month and the changing of seasons.
This product, right after use makes my skin FEEL smooth, but left my skin tight and dry. Then hours later, my face is extremely oily. It gave me pepperoni face and I haven't had the big, red, angry and sore kind of acne since I was going through puberty. Which was about eight years ago.
I've been off the product for two days now, and I can feel my skin going back to normal and looking better with help from a knock off brand of St. Ives Acne medication scrub and Clean and Clear Spot treatment for the terrible acne thanks to Biore.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ashayk15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Broke me out. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xSarahcate

Love this product. I can tell my face is cleaner visibly and tangibly. I think that the main issue the negative reviewers are having is that they are treating this product as an acne medication. This is a cleanser that you would use before acne treatment. On (as far as I know) all acne treatments the first step in to cleanse your face thoroughly. That is what this product is for. This product makes no claims about acne treatment. This is a skin cleanser. I would recommend a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment to apply after cleansing the face. Charcoal is not advertised as an acne treatment. It is unique to this product based on the hypothesis that the charcoal will draw out skin impurities and trap them so they may be washed away. Acne medications need to be delivered to clear pores- otherwise it's just like putting a blanket over a pile of trash. (Sorry that is kind of a strange attempt at a visual understanding of this concept.) This product is advertised as a skin cleanser- and is very effective in this area. Getting upset about this product alone not getting rid of your acne is similar to complaining that your shampoo does not condition your hair.

Of course, this product alone- like many other cleansers- may help some people with acne. It depends on what caused the acne in the first place. If you broke out due to simply having a dirty face with buildup of sweat, oils, and dirt, for example, this product will help to clear the pores, which will help with the acne. If, however, your acne is caused due to hormones/ stress, naturally oily skin, etc., you will need to use an acne product as well as a cleanser because your issue is not just blocked pores. Blocked pores is usually a part of the problem, but you need to kill the acne at it's source. It can't simply be washed away like dirt.

Sorry for the long review, I just would like people to be more knowledgeable about their skin and how to take care of this. I would definitely recommend this product to be used alongside other things such as astringents, spot treatments, etc. It leaves the skin very clean and fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I've been using this for the past few months as my second cleanse at night. It does sting a little on application and give a menthol-y cooling feeling on the face until you wash it off but afterwards my face is so soft and smooth. I really feel as though this pulls dirt out of my skin and makes my skin a look better. A lot of products irritate my skin and this isn't one of them, although if I do already have some form of irritation on my face, this will sting when applied over it. I like that it's in a pump bottle and that the bottle is clear so you can see how much product you have left. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by erinmaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

okay so I've NEVER had acne ever, never broken out or anything. my skin type is normal and the only thing ive noticed is larger pores in the nose area, so I thought id try this, i used this twice along with my Clarisonic cleansing brush and i broke out in some kind of almost white head looking things all over my face. I dont have sensitive skin so...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jenchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I just bought this product yesterday and have used it three times since.
My skin breaks out so easily and i've tried so many face washes from clean & clear, aveeno, olay, ect. None were working for me at all and they just kept causing irritations and breakouts after two uses. So far this cleansers doing good. Doesn't make my skin oily and my acne seems to be diminishing already. Spectro wasn't even helping me. I can't wait to see what the results will be two weeks from now with this product. The packaging is also nice, as the pump despenses the right amount for me to use. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Emily988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 5 months now. I use it everyday, and still haven't used the entire bottle yet! Which is amazing when you consider the price. It's a great product,

It cleanses well and foams nicely, leaving my skin feeling so soft and clean. I squirt it in my hands and foam it up, then apply it to my face. I find that works better for me than just applying to my face first. The only negative thing I have to say is I still break out sometimes and I was just hoping it would decrease that. However, I would definitely recommend this to a friend and would purchase again!