Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

3.3

water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sorbitol, laureth-4 carboxylic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/c10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, menthol, methylparaben, polyquaternium-39, propylparaben, charcoal powder, disodium edta, mannitol, iron oxides, cellulose, caprylic/capric triglyceride, methylisothiazolinone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.

on 9/3/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not sure what I think yet. I bought this product a few days ago and it hasn't been great. When I first used it my face had a cool tingly feeling and I just ignored it thinking it was meant to happen, I shouldn't have... I woke up the next morning with an extremely dry face as well as that I had tiny little, what seem to be spots or bumps, covering my whole face along with a few white heads. I was disgusted! Normally I have quite smooth breakout-less skin and it was gross. I told some friends about it and they said it was probably just all the impurities raising to the surface of my skin making little bumps so I just kept using it, I'm still confused as the people who left a review saying this happened to them stopped using it straight away, so I might keep using it to see if there is any change.
This happened to me before with a Bioré product but not on this scale, just a few little rash type bumps on my cheeks, I kept using it and my skin was so smooth and clean afterwards. I'm hoping this will happen again, as the product is quite expensive for what it is... Wish me luck

on 8/31/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this face wash! my skin is super oily and my pores were very noticeable until I started using this face wash. Immediately after using this my skin always feels smooth and tight. I use this face wash every morning to keep my large pores invisible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible cleanser. Thought I was going to love it because it has charcoal and one of my favorite skin cleansers/scrubs from Lush (Dark Angels Roll Cleanser) has charcoal in it and it works great so I figured this would too. No, I broke out in tiny itchy whiteheads/hives all over my face and now it's my third day being off this product and the bumps still have not been cleared. This contains menthol which is an irritant, so those of you with sensitive skin stay away. I didn't think I had sensitive skin but a Lubriderm lotion did make me break out a couple years ago. If you have never broken out before and have never shown any sensitivity in your skin then by all means--go ahead and try it. But if you do, this is not worth ruining your skin for.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This cleanser is by far the worst I have come across!

After hearing good reviews on charcoal as an overall good cleanser for the face, I decided to try a new cleanser, seeing as though the Neutrogena 2 in 1 wash and mask did nothing to help get rid of my blackheads. So after searching the Boots website, I came across the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, and decided to purchase it.
It was very affordable, as I only paid £4.99 for a 200ML bottle.

So after using the cleanser for the very first time, I immediately noticed how it left my face feeling cool and tingly, I guess this was due to menthol inside the cleanser so I wasn't too concered about that.

However, just by using the cleanser for the first time, the next morning I realised I had completly broken out in which I had a load of fine spots on my forehead, some even containing whiteheads.
I had to stop using the cleanser, resulting in me having to throw away the stuff, just after a single use.

I will definitely not be purchasing this cleanser again!

on 8/26/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Supposedly, black charcoal is able to get deep down into pores to remove blackheads and other impurities hidden inside the skin hence why there are charcoal masks, charcoal scrubs, charcoal soaps, and the like in so many skin care lines even ones targeting men. However, please refrain from taking an actual piece of charcoal and rubbing it on your face because those are not sanitized and put through a process safe for skin. This also doesn't mean that all products saying it contains charcoal will all work effectively.

I wet my skin first with warm water to open up my pores and then applied it so it adheres better. This cleanser doesn't foam too much and while you rinse it off you can feel its gooeyness on your hands. After you pat yourself dry, you can see your complexion is smooth and tight.

My combination skin didn't feel too dry but it doesn't leave it completely moisturized. Your skin feels soft afterwards just not super soft. I didn't get shiny hours later either. After using this a couple times, I did see less and less blackheads around my nose but it didn't totally wipe them all out in one go. The visible pores on my cheeks shrank a tiny bit after use but does not completely erase them.

I would use this on days I feel most oily or when I see a build up of blackheads. I don't think I would use this daily even though it says you could because it can dry out your skin from using it consecutive days in a row.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has dry skin because it might strip even more of the moisture out because it's a strong minty cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This has got to be one of the worst cleansers I have ever used. It has this strong, terrible, medicinal smell and worse, it stings my face and my eyes. Usually I try to use up products even if I don't like them - but no way, won't even do that with this cleanser. In the trash it goes. I hope biore reads this and decides to reformulate or even take if off the market completely - such a waste

on 8/17/2015 3:00:00 AM

Went thru a whole bottle of it. No improvement in skin. Kinda didn't like how the black cleanser would streak my sink. I feel like there's better stuff out there.

on 8/14/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this because i heard charcoal was good for acne.....
It was good at cleansing but didnt really help with my pimples
I suffer from very dry skin so maybe this wasnt the best option for me
I reckon you can get better ones out there fore the same price

on 8/9/2015 7:08:00 PM

This is great for cleaning pores but the menthol is very irritating, and after using twice a day for one week made me break out in cystic acne. This is solely a pore cleaning product and not something I would recommend as part of your daily regime. Would recommend for those who rarely get breakouts (are you human?!!!) and only using a few times a week as it is obviously very strong, you can feel the chemicals as you massage it in .

3 lipsticks because it does what's it's supposed to, took 2 lipsticks off because they recommend it as a daily use product when it should be something used on your mask/deep cleanse day only.

on 7/5/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a sort of first impression review. I was looking for a new cleanser for my oily/combo skin and I was torn between this and a Nivea one. I usually wash my makeup with a makeup remover and cleanse with Dove soap and I used this product afterwards. It feels really good on the skin, although the mint was a bit overpowering and stinged my eyes a little. I didn't have any other bad reactions from it and my skin feels smooth.