January 30, 2015 | 1038 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2015 12:02:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this on a whim. My skin was acting up so I wanted to try something new that didn't contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. My skin is oily, acne-prone, and somewhat sensitive.

Pros: feels good while cleansing (menthol), the little charcoal pieces are not abrasive, inexpensive, leaves skin feeling soft, not tight or dry
Cons: started breaking my skin out after one week of use, my skin was unusually oily by midday, not sure it removed my light powder makeup.

I've returned to my usual Cerave foaming cleanser, which completely calmed my skin after two uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 6:44:00 AM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I can't believe how well this worked. My skin was a MESS and it cleared it up in no time. I use the charcoal scrub first then this after. It's a HG line!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ppurity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is a miracle cleanser!! I bought it just for the sake of trying, didn't have much expectation from it, after one night of using it, I used my jojoba oil & aloe vera to moisturise my face and found out that my skin absorbs more of the moisturiser, but still wasn't expecting anything. My skin is acne-prone, struggling since I was in high school, now I'm in University, though a lot has improved on my skin since high school, I still have the odd breakouts due to my diet and trying out other cleansers, which is why I wasn't expecting anything from this Biore Deep-Pore Charcoal Cleanser.

I'm actually happy with my current skin, I just have acne scars, the red scars, not those deep scars, thanks to aloe vera, my deep scars from acne has literally gone, so I have smooth skin but red scars is still not bothered to go away! And recently I have purchased Jojoba Oil to use as my moisturiser as well as my aloe vera, so I mixed them two to become my moisturiser. Its perfect in balancing my combination skin, I have oily T-zone but sometimes dry on my cheeks due to the weather in the UK. Though it helps a bit with my acne scars, it takes some time to go away...however, when I used Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser that one night, after using my moisturiser after cleansing my face, I went to bed, next day, I woke up and look at the mirror, I thought I was dreaming, atleast 60% of my stubborn RED acne scars had gone! Literally gone!!!!! I still think I'm dreaming right now. But if you asked me one thing that I don't really like about this cleanser is..obviously nothing, however, some people might not like the tingling feeling this cleanser gives you when washing your face, since it has menthol, if anyone is allergic or isn't a fond of menthol in her/his cleanser, I suggest, try once, and see if there's a difference or if it breaks you out. If it does, it's up to you to try other cleansers or go back to your own cleansers.

For me, this is a miracle cleanser, to be honest Jojoba Oil is really good for inflammation on the skin and to reduce acne scars so I think what happened was, when I used the Biore cleanser and 100% of the Jojoba Oil/moisturiser actually absorbed in my skin, therefore, reducing my acne scars hugely in just one night! Also, I had some blemishes on my forehead, next day, gone, literally gone. This cleanser is my holy grail for now!

Sarah

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 5:15:00 PM More reviews by KACheroske

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm loving this cleanser! I have combination/dry skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. I have used products containing charcoal in the past (Origin's charcoal mask and Freeman's charcoal and black sugar mask) and had very good results with them. I read reviews that this cleanser had quite the scent.. I actually really enjoy it! It reminds me oddly enough of a mens cologne, in a really pleasing way. In no way does makes you smell like a man though, the scent does not linger. I use this cleanser at night after removing my makeup. I massage it into my skin for about a minute. It lathers slightly but does not seem like it;s stripping your skin, it's a very smooth and creamy lather. It has menthol in it and I really enjoy the clean, tingly feeling. Rinses clean. I've used it once so far with my Clarisonic and it worked well on that too, I don't use my Clarisonic more than once a week though because I find it makes my skin too dry. After using this at night I find that my face is very soft and calm in the morning. Anyway, I highly recommend this cleanser if you have not tried cleansers and products containing charcoal! You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 10:06:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I use this in the morning and it definitely wakes me up. It provides a nice tingling sensation and keeps my face soft, smooth and oily free immediately. I think the charcoal works as an exfoliant to keep the skin super soft after use. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this for good 10 months before review. I had horrible adulthood acne and has drama dealing with makeup for eyes to remove waterproof mascara, not only help clear skin acne on chin after 2 weeks but removed my daily eyeliner m mascara etc . I didn't need to remove waterproof mascara with different products. I loved it that it will be rebuy soon because running low since almost year Anniversary of this amazing skin care cleanser. I heard about thru a coworker who sore it was her only skin routine at night and her skin glows too . I have dry skin so it doesn't dry it out more . My skin is in heaven above Since the smell wakes up your senses . Defiantly recommend I buy mines end year on special at CVS and use my points for discounts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ulittlebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser!!! I have pretty good skin overall but I do get my little spots occasionally and this has prevented them. It makes my skin clean, smooth and soft and I like the smell of it. I would recommend it to everyone as its so great and it's also very affordable. I will continue to repurchase this product

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by SororityGirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleaner and they way it makes my skin feel. I do use this with the Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil facial wash. I love this because it opens us my pores and cleans my face before I use the tea tree oil wash. This does help keep my face from getting oily and has improved my acne a little. This facial wash gives my face a deep clean which I love, but I only use it once a day because it can be a little drying on my face. Overall, I love this product and the way it makes my skin feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ashleyestelle1274

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Product is Amazing. I just bought this cleanser today ! And in a nights time my face is smooth. The small whites heads that I had on my cheeks and forehead that were a PAIN to get rid of dried up after the first use. The cleanser is bead-less and isn't to harsh to the skin. My skin is very sensitive and this cleanser gets the job done and does not burn my skin. I have tried almost every acne product on the market and I hate that I didn't start using this sooner you will not regret it. If you experience any drying , I use the Cetaphil Cream Moisturizer after washing my face with the cleanser. The moisturizer doesn't clog pores because it is water based and not petroleum based. Overall the Biore Charcoal Cleanser is a great buy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been using this for about a month now and really like it. It's not superior to anything I have tried but it's a good solid cleanser. It's a gel that foams up and is very cool on the skin.

I do think people need to remember when they use cleansers to use in circular motions on the face for at least 30 seconds to a minute before rinsing. A lot to f these types of cleansers with charcoal and other specialized ingredients need time to activate.

This does clean well but will dry out the skin a bit. My skin is very dry anyway so using this more than once a day doesn't work for me.