Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

3.4

water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sorbitol, laureth-4 carboxylic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/c10-30 alkylacrylate crosspolymer, fragrance, sodium hydroxide, menthol, methylparaben, polyquaternium-39, propylparaben, charcoal powder, disodium edta, mannitol, iron oxides, cellulose, caprylic/capric triglyceride, methylisothiazolinone, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.

on 2/24/2015 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best face wash. I've tried high end and prescription cleansers and this one beats them all. Smells nice and foams nicely on the face. My skin feels clean after using it, and I don't get breakouts when I use it. I've repurchased multiple times. I use a moisturizer afterwards.

on 2/19/2015 2:33:00 PM

this product made my skin break our terribly. it feels really nice on the skin but it just makes it break out. after using it my skin cleared up

on 2/8/2015 10:10:00 PM

BEST CLEANSER! i've used cleansers that are 4x this price and they haven't done anything close to this. i love the tingly feeling when i use it because i know its working! it has helped my acne a lot. i still do have acne, but it's not nearly as bad. i recommend to everybody! i can't wait to try more of the biore charcoal line!

on 2/6/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely a must have!

on 2/1/2015 6:34:00 AM

Thought I'd try this because I heard nothing but good reviews, now I wish I never did. I have combo skin prone to breakouts. After the first time using this I woke up with legit 10 pimples on my chin. Not just small ones, ones that are under the skin, swell up insanely and hurt like a mother. I thought it must be working by drawing out all the bad stuff, so I used it once more, and again somehow woke up with more pimples, on my cheeks and forehead. I only usually get pimples on my chin and upper lip every couple weeks or so. And now I have a big nasty one just under my eye, so I look like I've got a nasty black eye. Mind you I have not recently used any different makeup or other skincare products on my skin.
Based on this, I really don't like it. Fair enough if that's what it does but good god it's just not nice. Other than that it doesn't really do much else, cleans my skin but I've used better things in the past.
So if you're prone to breakouts I'd say give it a miss cause I would not wish this upon anyone else!
Edit: the pimples I got from this were also extreeeemely itchy and felt like they were burning. Not cool man.

on 1/27/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this on a whim. My skin was acting up so I wanted to try something new that didn't contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. My skin is oily, acne-prone, and somewhat sensitive.

Pros: feels good while cleansing (menthol), the little charcoal pieces are not abrasive, inexpensive, leaves skin feeling soft, not tight or dry
Cons: started breaking my skin out after one week of use, my skin was unusually oily by midday, not sure it removed my light powder makeup.

I've returned to my usual Cerave foaming cleanser, which completely calmed my skin after two uses.

I can't believe how well this worked. My skin was a MESS and it cleared it up in no time. I use the charcoal scrub first then this after. It's a HG line!!

on 1/13/2015 11:12:00 AM

I think this is a miracle cleanser!! I bought it just for the sake of trying, didn't have much expectation from it, after one night of using it, I used my jojoba oil & aloe vera to moisturise my face and found out that my skin absorbs more of the moisturiser, but still wasn't expecting anything. My skin is acne-prone, struggling since I was in high school, now I'm in University, though a lot has improved on my skin since high school, I still have the odd breakouts due to my diet and trying out other cleansers, which is why I wasn't expecting anything from this Biore Deep-Pore Charcoal Cleanser.

I'm actually happy with my current skin, I just have acne scars, the red scars, not those deep scars, thanks to aloe vera, my deep scars from acne has literally gone, so I have smooth skin but red scars is still not bothered to go away! And recently I have purchased Jojoba Oil to use as my moisturiser as well as my aloe vera, so I mixed them two to become my moisturiser. Its perfect in balancing my combination skin, I have oily T-zone but sometimes dry on my cheeks due to the weather in the UK. Though it helps a bit with my acne scars, it takes some time to go away...however, when I used Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser that one night, after using my moisturiser after cleansing my face, I went to bed, next day, I woke up and look at the mirror, I thought I was dreaming, atleast 60% of my stubborn RED acne scars had gone! Literally gone!!!!! I still think I'm dreaming right now. But if you asked me one thing that I don't really like about this cleanser is..obviously nothing, however, some people might not like the tingling feeling this cleanser gives you when washing your face, since it has menthol, if anyone is allergic or isn't a fond of menthol in her/his cleanser, I suggest, try once, and see if there's a difference or if it breaks you out. If it does, it's up to you to try other cleansers or go back to your own cleansers.

For me, this is a miracle cleanser, to be honest Jojoba Oil is really good for inflammation on the skin and to reduce acne scars so I think what happened was, when I used the Biore cleanser and 100% of the Jojoba Oil/moisturiser actually absorbed in my skin, therefore, reducing my acne scars hugely in just one night! Also, I had some blemishes on my forehead, next day, gone, literally gone. This cleanser is my holy grail for now!

Sarah

on 1/10/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm loving this cleanser! I have combination/dry skin with occasional hormonal breakouts. I have used products containing charcoal in the past (Origin's charcoal mask and Freeman's charcoal and black sugar mask) and had very good results with them. I read reviews that this cleanser had quite the scent.. I actually really enjoy it! It reminds me oddly enough of a mens cologne, in a really pleasing way. In no way does makes you smell like a man though, the scent does not linger. I use this cleanser at night after removing my makeup. I massage it into my skin for about a minute. It lathers slightly but does not seem like it;s stripping your skin, it's a very smooth and creamy lather. It has menthol in it and I really enjoy the clean, tingly feeling. Rinses clean. I've used it once so far with my Clarisonic and it worked well on that too, I don't use my Clarisonic more than once a week though because I find it makes my skin too dry. After using this at night I find that my face is very soft and calm in the morning. Anyway, I highly recommend this cleanser if you have not tried cleansers and products containing charcoal! You'll love it.

on 1/1/2015 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this cleanser! I use this in the morning and it definitely wakes me up. It provides a nice tingling sensation and keeps my face soft, smooth and oily free immediately. I think the charcoal works as an exfoliant to keep the skin super soft after use. I highly recommend this!