October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xSarahcate

Love this product. I can tell my face is cleaner visibly and tangibly. I think that the main issue the negative reviewers are having is that they are treating this product as an acne medication. This is a cleanser that you would use before acne treatment. On (as far as I know) all acne treatments the first step in to cleanse your face thoroughly. That is what this product is for. This product makes no claims about acne treatment. This is a skin cleanser. I would recommend a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment to apply after cleansing the face. Charcoal is not advertised as an acne treatment. It is unique to this product based on the hypothesis that the charcoal will draw out skin impurities and trap them so they may be washed away. Acne medications need to be delivered to clear pores- otherwise it's just like putting a blanket over a pile of trash. (Sorry that is kind of a strange attempt at a visual understanding of this concept.) This product is advertised as a skin cleanser- and is very effective in this area. Getting upset about this product alone not getting rid of your acne is similar to complaining that your shampoo does not condition your hair.

Of course, this product alone- like many other cleansers- may help some people with acne. It depends on what caused the acne in the first place. If you broke out due to simply having a dirty face with buildup of sweat, oils, and dirt, for example, this product will help to clear the pores, which will help with the acne. If, however, your acne is caused due to hormones/ stress, naturally oily skin, etc., you will need to use an acne product as well as a cleanser because your issue is not just blocked pores. Blocked pores is usually a part of the problem, but you need to kill the acne at it's source. It can't simply be washed away like dirt.

Sorry for the long review, I just would like people to be more knowledgeable about their skin and how to take care of this. I would definitely recommend this product to be used alongside other things such as astringents, spot treatments, etc. It leaves the skin very clean and fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I've been using this for the past few months as my second cleanse at night. It does sting a little on application and give a menthol-y cooling feeling on the face until you wash it off but afterwards my face is so soft and smooth. I really feel as though this pulls dirt out of my skin and makes my skin a look better. A lot of products irritate my skin and this isn't one of them, although if I do already have some form of irritation on my face, this will sting when applied over it. I like that it's in a pump bottle and that the bottle is clear so you can see how much product you have left. I'll definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by erinmaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

okay so I've NEVER had acne ever, never broken out or anything. my skin type is normal and the only thing ive noticed is larger pores in the nose area, so I thought id try this, i used this twice along with my Clarisonic cleansing brush and i broke out in some kind of almost white head looking things all over my face. I dont have sensitive skin so...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jenchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I just bought this product yesterday and have used it three times since.
My skin breaks out so easily and i've tried so many face washes from clean & clear, aveeno, olay, ect. None were working for me at all and they just kept causing irritations and breakouts after two uses. So far this cleansers doing good. Doesn't make my skin oily and my acne seems to be diminishing already. Spectro wasn't even helping me. I can't wait to see what the results will be two weeks from now with this product. The packaging is also nice, as the pump despenses the right amount for me to use. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Emily988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 5 months now. I use it everyday, and still haven't used the entire bottle yet! Which is amazing when you consider the price. It's a great product,

It cleanses well and foams nicely, leaving my skin feeling so soft and clean. I squirt it in my hands and foam it up, then apply it to my face. I find that works better for me than just applying to my face first. The only negative thing I have to say is I still break out sometimes and I was just hoping it would decrease that. However, I would definitely recommend this to a friend and would purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

So far so good. Compared to other charcoal cleansers I have used I will say this is right up there with a BIG name brand people are talking about a lot lately.
As for the drugstore I would say this is the best charcoal cleanser I have used.
The one by Garnier was just useless. I did not feel it cleansed all that well and definitely not deep pore cleansing for sure. It also made my skin oilier.
Biore is in a pump bottle which makes it very convenient to use, it does not make a huge mess all over my bathroom like some charcoal clansers do. It really removes my face makeup well, with the only exception of my waterprood mascara which it does remove well just sometimes there will be the slightest smudges left under my eyes which my baby oil takes care of quickly.
I love that it provides a fresh cooling sensation, it is not overwhelming at all just a slight cool feeling. I love this feeling on my skin. I am glad that it is not intense and does not become so cool that it hurts to rinse with water on your face like some do.
This one is just the right amount. It makes me feel fresh in the morning and clean and soothed for bed.
I am really liking it a lot.
It does not clear my blemishes but I do see it helping in preventing them by cleansing the skin well. My complexion is starting to look a bit brighter with continued use. I do wish it actually did something for my oil but it sadly does not.
I will repurchase since it is doing a good job cleansing hence its purpose, and for that fresh cool feeling that I LOVE so much. I might alternate with Clearasil Ultra cleansing gel if I start to have more breakouts but for now I like it as much as my Dudu Osun for cleansing the skin I think I may not even reorder the other one and replace it with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by reileyjones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this cleanser after using a sample in Allure magazine. I liked the cold, tingly feeling when I put it on. After continuing to use it once every morning (I use a prescription cream at night) I noticed my skin felt clean and felt smooth after every wash. It didn't clear my skin up completely, but it definitely helped control it. My face went from rare cystic acne, little bumps you can't do anything with, and small whiteheads to only getting one or two whiteheads. I love the smell of this stuff and its not very expensive. After using this to half the bottle, I started getting little bumps on my chin and jawline. It may have been from my period but whatever the matter, I stopped using this for a while. My skin broke out in little bumps and whiteheads all over my cheekbones, chin, and forehead. I've come back to using this product and can already see it helping get rid of this mess on my face. Would definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Peppymiss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser because it was something different and the thought of shrinking my pores excited me. My pores are pretty normal except for a few larger ones around my nose. I was on Accutane in the past so I rarely have a breakout. My face is clear almost every day, but after using this cleanser for a few days, I broke out terribly--in places I'd never broken out before! I figured it had to be the cleanser because I hadn't changed anything else in my routine. I spoke to my daughter about it, and she had the exact same experience. I am 45 and she is 20...so I would not recommend this cleanser. I'd go with pretty much anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by BelaBlue

I liked this product as it made my skin feel tingly and clean. But to be honest I didn't notice any change or improvement. I mean, it's just like any other cleanser. My pores are still huge.. And I still get blackheads. I'll probably buy again if it were on sale. But there was no "wow" factor.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Tracey9705

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I jumped on the charcoal bandwagon and was overjoyed at finally finding a facial cleanser that controlled my oily skin....at first! The first week my skin felt clean and fresh without any form of reaction. Then I broke out in white heads in areas where I never breakout...my face now feels super oily...way more than normal with a major breakout....will NOT buy this product again :(:(