October 25, 2014 | 891 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Longlasting Lipstick (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in Wear Berries and wow, what a gorgeous lipstick! Not a true matte but more of a satin. These are beautiful lipsticks that come in such pretty colors and smell nice. they last a decent time and are just great products.

That being said? the price is unreal. Seriously, $2 bucks??? Wow, grab them!

Wear Berries is a great Fall berry color that sits on the mid range for deepness. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No words.

There are no words for how good these lipsticks are. I am a journalist, so I am supposed to have words. Nope.

For 2-freaking-99 you get lipsticks that are incredibly creamy and comfortable in attractive shades. I like cream finishes because they make my lips look nice and full.

I would also say I definitely get above-average wear time from them. Natural Beauty is my everyday work shade as a deep neutral pink (similar in texture and color to MAC's Syrup). I also have something-Catwalk (can't remember the name) and it's a beautiful red. With these, I don't have to worry about the product straying from my lips or looking completely different in 4-5 hours. I can just live my life and not have lipstick on the back of my mind because nobody got time for that.

I'll be honest. I hate the scent. It's cheap and a fake-sweet smell which is annoying. But I am extremely sensitive to scents and I can ignore it because it dissipates and I can't get over how good these feel on my lips.

I am rarely blown away by products. I actually generally am pretty critical about products I use. These are one of the few (only?) to me that just are both efficient and satisfying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought about 4 of these lipsticks and have to say for the price, they're freaking awesome! I love it when they restock the essense section as it goes fast! I've tried the lipsticks and nail polish so far and really impressed with the quality and price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

And this is why I will never buy a high end lipstick! These are such lovely lipsticks in all areas of consideration. Long lasting, beautiful colors, wonderful texture, non-offensive to the nose and taste buds. Simple but elegant and functional packaging.....oh yeah, and $2.99 per lipstick. There is nothing bad for me to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by zdel

Wow! I've even wanting these for awhile now, just picked up two shades (Adorable Matt! and On the Catwalk) at shoppers and instantly fell in love!! I hardly ever post reviews unless the product is amazing. The colours are gorgeous, and the lipstick is def not drying. It's silky smooth and I didn't even have to wear chapstick or a lip liner. For $2.99 you can't go wrong. Honestly love every essence product I pick up, good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought some incredibly expensive lipsticks over the years, stupidly so, and I've not found any I prefer to these! Got a drawer full of Mac lippies that never see the light of day now. The colours are amazing, exactly the same on the lips as the bullet, packaging is classy, price ridiculous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An amazing hidden treasure found in the drugstore! I feel essence is such an underrated brand especially with their great quality products but at afordable prices. You can find these this lipstick range at Shoppers Drug Mart if you live in Canada for an amazing price of $2.99 each! There's about a total of 10 colours so far.

As for the lipsticks themselves, I have about six and I plan to get the rest of the colours since they are really amazing for the price (probably can buy the whole range and still be around the same price range of one high-end lipstick). There is a pretty good selection of colours from nudes, different variations of pinks, and reds. The texture is very creamy and has no problem when applied to the lips. Even if the lips are dry, I found that this formula doesn't accentuate them which is a plus. Also, as the name states, it does last for a good 5-6 hours for me without drying my lips. Pigmentation is great with these lipsticks and I don't really have anything to complain about them. A+ in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I watched some rave reviews on YT regarding these new longlasting lipsticks from Essence. I decided to pick on up at Ulta. These go for $2.99 and when you experience this lipstick, you think to yourself "Wow, to think I spend over $30 on a single lipstick." These are good. These are 10x better than their original lipsticks. They are moisturizing yet they don't slip and slide all over your lips. This LASTS! Way better than BITE BEAUTY lipsticks, imo. I purchased the shade Barely There. Don't let the name fool you. This isn't a nude. It is a cool toned mauve pink with a tiny hint of brown. A great MLBB shade if you have pigmented lips. The line offers a variety of shades in both cool and warm tones from bright hot pink to classic red. I highly recommend these lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

For the price these lipsticks are phenomenal. I have Wear Berries!, and On the Catwalk! Wear berries is a plummy berry shade and on the catwalk is a muted reddish color. I am NW20 currently and these are very wearable even to work. Theyre beautiful pigmented shades, flavorless and comfortable. They are not drying and no lipstick lasts on me except nyx soft matte lip cream so I wont comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have this in 04 called On the Catwalk. This is a dark neutral berry shade. It can bleed into lines if used too heavily, so for older ladies such as myself, either use a clear lipliner as a barrier, fill in lips entirely with a colored liner to make the lipstick last longer, or use it as a sheer wash of color. The third way is how I use it. I tend to apply it lightly, allow to dry for a few seconds and then blot. This leaves me with berry colored lips that fade evenly over a few hours. I wouldn't call these long lasting, but at $4.10AU I don't care. After all, most makeup in Australia is expensive, with Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks selling for around $22 unless they are on sale.

I will definitely buy again. In fact I am finding this is my most used lipstick at present. It is dark enough and dramatic enough to look good with my dark coloring, but still muted enough for office wear. If I was going to use it at night, I would simply fill my lips in with colored liner for a dramatic opaque finish.