December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Longlasting Lipstick (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on a lipstick kick lately and decided to pick up a few of these lippies. I've always been a fan of Essence products, so know that even though they're affordable they're a great product. Picked up Adorable Matt (medium matte neutral red), Dare to Wear and On the Catwalk. Just put on Adorable Matt and so far it's love!! Creamy, smooth and a beautiful medium red on me. Comes off when you drink but no biggie. For the price, you can't go wrong. Will be back for more colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt really like this lipstick, i had the nude color. it was a lovely color and it did apply nice but it wasnt very opaqe on my lips and it kinda stuck to my dry patches. Not a bad price and the packaging is really cute. It obvisously works for some people but not me. Worth a shot i guess!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How is this possible? $2.99 lipstick outperforms $30 lipsticks? Don't judge until you try them. I only have tried the Nude Love shade. It's creamy, beautiful, and makes me want more colors. The case is better than expected and discreet - simple black. I don't know what else to say - but try it. You will not be disappointed:) In fact, the surprise will be that you will probably reach for it more often than your other lippies!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I have this in On The Catwalk and Dare to Wear and its probably going to replace NYC's Ultra Moist as my favourite lipstick! The colours are beautiful, non shimmery and satin finish. The lipstick is moisturizing, stays very well and are true to the tube. The packaging is sleek and looks like it would cost more. All for just $2.99 CAD. Can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by JPKAM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was Shoppers Drug Mart. I saw the Essence Longlasting Lipstick within the collection. It comes in 10 shades. It have nude, pinks, coral, berries and reds. The price is $2.99 Canadian. The tube is black with ring of the color of the lipstick shade and also the bottom the shade color and name. On top of the cap it have the letter "E" on it. I notice the lipstick bullet had an in print of the "E" on it. The first time I tested out the lipstick I put it on it had a perfume scent and when I smacked my lip it have the perfume scent left an after tasted in my mouth. The shade I got was Natural Beauty is a pink-mauve color. It was more of "My Lips But Better" shade color on me. I don't find this longlasting and it's not sticky either. Natural Beauty become my everyday lip shade when I go out. The downsize is I have to go to all the lipsticks to make sure nothing was touch, use or smash the bullets and it's very unsanitary just to see finger prints on it. One of the Shoppers Drug been taping all of the lipsticks and have testers out on display If you are in the United States of America or Europe the price are differents and they may have more collections than Canadian.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Lurrrve this! 07 is my go-to shade. I have a bunch of them everywhere - bags, bathroom, heaps of them. Stays on really well. Excellent price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ahorangi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great, colorful lipsticks for an amazingly low price. I tried Dare To Wear and it really is the perfect red! Applies smoothly and lasts long! I'm going back tomorrow to get more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

Purchased Essence lipstick in Barely There and Dare To Be Nude on a whim because they were on sale for $2 at Priceline. They were the only lipsticks left in the display so I grabbed them. Wow, absolutely love them. Dare To Be Nude isn't a great colour on me to be honest, but it's beautiful on many. Barely There is my holy grail lip product. It is the perfect every day colour for me and is extremely flattering. It's not matte but not shiny, probably more of a satin finish, it lasts pretty well and is simple to reapply even without a mirror. it smells nice, feels nice, and is only mildly drying.
I actually went to two different Pricelines to buy more of Barely There because I'm convinced that I need a tube in every purse plus my desk at work, and they were all sold out, just one tester left in the whole display at one of the shops. Going to have to keep my eye out and snag some more - will definitely try other colours as well.
Cheap, great quality, gorgeous colour .. you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in Wear Berries and wow, what a gorgeous lipstick! Not a true matte but more of a satin. These are beautiful lipsticks that come in such pretty colors and smell nice. they last a decent time and are just great products.

That being said? the price is unreal. Seriously, $2 bucks??? Wow, grab them!

Wear Berries is a great Fall berry color that sits on the mid range for deepness. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No words.

There are no words for how good these lipsticks are. I am a journalist, so I am supposed to have words. Nope.

For 2-freaking-99 you get lipsticks that are incredibly creamy and comfortable in attractive shades. I like cream finishes because they make my lips look nice and full.

I would also say I definitely get above-average wear time from them. Natural Beauty is my everyday work shade as a deep neutral pink (similar in texture and color to MAC's Syrup). I also have something-Catwalk (can't remember the name) and it's a beautiful red. With these, I don't have to worry about the product straying from my lips or looking completely different in 4-5 hours. I can just live my life and not have lipstick on the back of my mind because nobody got time for that.

I'll be honest. I hate the scent. It's cheap and a fake-sweet smell which is annoying. But I am extremely sensitive to scents and I can ignore it because it dissipates and I can't get over how good these feel on my lips.

I am rarely blown away by products. I actually generally am pretty critical about products I use. These are one of the few (only?) to me that just are both efficient and satisfying.