Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought "wear berries," it's a perfect luxurious berry shade that is simply sumptuous. It definitely stands out amongst a crowd of women with the nude "plain jane" face

on 2/12/2015 5:18:00 PM

it lasts an average of 6-7 hours of lip biting,drinking and eating. Itvis very pigmented and matt and moisturizing. The pacaging is modern and simple but elegant

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well, these are fantastic and you can't get anything better for the price. I actually like them more than my Chanels!
I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring. Both very flattering colors.
The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. They glide effortlessly, feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally. Wear time is around three hours (my only qualm) and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. And all that for a steal.
I certainly recommend and will buy more myself.

on 1/31/2015 2:27:00 PM

I bought this in natural beauty I think it's called! I'm in love with it, perfect everyday color and the packaging is sleek! I want to try out more Colors! was 2.99 at shoppers so very affordable

on 1/26/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Someone on the message boards recommended these to me because I have so many issues with dry lips and lipstick. I was hesitant to even bother with the Essence brand due to the dirt cheap prices. I figured that they couldn't compete with my $45 lippies at such a low price.

I was wrong. These are wonderful. They are balmy, creamy, and crazy pigmented.

I own the following shades:
-Coral Calling: Warm medium bright coral just as the name suggests.
-Natural Beauty: Mauvey my-lips-but-better shade.
-Nude Love: Very light nude

I typically can't pull off nudes because of the dominant brown undertones. It always clashes with my skintone. Yet Nude Love is my favorite out of the line because it is more of a beige-based nude than a brown-based nude.

on 1/21/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in natural beauty. i bought it because of all the great reviews on makeupalley and i am so so happy i did. this is the perfect mlbb for me. it's semi-matte, super creamy (a dream to apply), and lasts hours. one swipe is all you need. this retails in australia for AUD $4.70 which is about 25-50% of the price of most other chemist lipsticks and it's better than quite a few of them. beats rimmel out of the park and i've always found rimmel lipsticks to be great for the price (they're about $10-12 here).

my one complaint is the the packaging broke pretty much as soon as i bought the tube and the two parts of the lid come apart whenever i take off the lid or put it back on. but this is pretty minor. definitely recommend this product and will probably buy more shades.

on 1/21/2015 5:37:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I have 'on the catwalk' and I really like the color. I'll be coming back to the store to buy more shades!

on 1/12/2015 9:08:00 PM

Wow, I love this lipstick. I have it in 08 Colour Crush. It goes on creamy but not slick. SUPER pigmented. Definitely doesn't feel or look as inexpensive as it really is. I am SO in love with all of essence's products, I'm rarely disappointed!

Are you kidding me? I'll never be buying lipstick from another brand again.

I picked up Wear Berries! which is a purpleberry colour.

This stuff does not feather, fade, or crack lips. It's actually super moisturizing and really makes my eyes pop.

Just look at the reviews of Essence's products. They are ALL top rated. This brand really gives the others a run for their money...

Anyone know if they test on animals? That would be a dealbreaker...

Anyways, at $2.99 per lippie, I most certainly will be buying many more. You just can't go wrong with Essence Makeup.

on 1/2/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- H rarely compliments my other lipsticks but whenever i wear one of the essence ones he says they look great... He has no way of knowing that I am wearing smething inexpensive, just that it looks good that particular day. And i agree with the person who says she prefers them to her Chanels!
This is gorgeous! I think the only downside is it can lead to bleeding if you overapply for some reason (you don't need to! it's well-pigmented), and don't blot before a 2nd layer, or use lipliner. If you use a good lipliner, it is 5 stars. If you blot and reapply carefully, it is 5 stars. If you don't do that, it'll probably smear a little, and it would be 3 stars. The colour range is small, but good. The red is beautiful! On the Catwalk is the most perfect berry that lifts my complexion and brightens without being just a statement that takes over the rest of the face. There's a place for those, but these colours are throw-on-and-go types, that will work for any circumstance. I would expect colours like these from Dior or NARS.

These lipsticks last/stain. Really nicely.
They are not matte (more like satin or balm-like), and the texture is like a good lipbalm-slightly gel-like in texture, not exactly creamy.
Also worth mentioning: the packaging is much better than the previous (pink tube) essence lippies: black, colours are shown on the packaging, and the lid doesn't randomly pop off. On the Catwalk is too good. The shade is a perfectly balanced, flattering colour, not 'draining' and slightly tinged with grey/orange/pastel like some low-end lipstick ranges. It's like a high end lipstick!

Popular Lipsticks