Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.5

on 4/16/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

So far I've "Barely There" & "Oh So Matt!". I've light-med brown skin depending on the time of yr. At 1st I was a bit apprehensive about "Oh So Matt" looking like foundation-lips, however it actually looks fine on its own. I do however use it over my Bobbi Brown no. 4, MAC Taupe or sometimes I mix the Barely There & Oh So Matt together & get a lovely color result. At 1st the Oh So Matt made my lips peel like crazy if I wore it alone... After about a wk or so & especially as a little top coat to others that stopped. As for the Barely There, I find that moisturizing. It's such a lovely almost nude yet very slight purple (my lips naturally almost have a purple undertone). Reminds me of the way my Revlon "Mauvy Night" looks but not as dark or pronounced a purple. They're also opaque & not patchy. Barely There is creamy too. I'm shocked that such a decent quality product is only $3.40 CAD on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. They don't really last more then 3 hours, but almost pleasant enough & quick to re-apply anyways. I really like that I can mix them both with other lip products I have as well. I now want to try more in the series & hope they do NOT discontinue anytime soon! I was not really fond of their other line (the ones where the color of the tube was the color you'd get) but this line I adore :)

Overall, great lipsticks that are very moisturizing, creamy, extremely pigmented, true-to-color, non-smelly (has absolutely no smell. A+!), and wallet friendly. I can't find anything wrong with theses little beauties. When you find a product that performs like this for the price it is, you hoard it before everyone realizes how great it is! I am a huge fan of this product by Essence, and I look forward to exploring other products in their line. Very nicely done, Essence. :)

on 4/8/2015 3:10:00 PM

I just adore these lipstick! They are my favorite ones above all lipsticks that I have (and I have some very expensive too :)

They are long lasting but no drying at all. They are moisturizing on the lips. Price is very aforadable for everyone.

I have a couple shades. Matte are: 14 Adorable matt! (raspberry red), 18 Matt wanted! (wine red)-These are matte but very comfortable on the lips.

Also I have: 02 All you need is red (great bright neutral red), 03 Dare to wear (medium cool red). This lipsticks you can bild up on the lips and they are so mousturizing.

My favorite shade is 04 On the catwalk which is perfect MLBB (reddish berry with brownish undertone). I just adore this shade and wear it almost every day!

on 4/3/2015 2:37:00 PM

I don't like these lipsticks. They're not expensive but they're also very cheap in terms of quality. They make my lips dry and peel. They have a synthetic smell/taste and despite their name, they are NOT long wearing at all. They aren't very pigmented either.
The only positive note is they have pretty colors. I think they could be great for a beginner or someone on a budget but for anyone that likes a good quality lipstick, they will not be happy with these.
It's a huge no for me. I gave the ones I bought to my sister.

on 4/3/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has quickly become one of my favorite lipsticks. I took a chance on the shades "Oh So Matt" and "Nude Love" I thought they'd be too light & possibly make me look dead but they are really nice nudes. I prefer Nude Love because it's creamier & somewhat sheer. On my pigmented lips, it's similar to Blankety by Mac. Oh So Matt is more of a satin finish, not overly drying. I also have "Barely There" which is a darker nude-reminds me of Mac's Twig. I layer Nude Love over it for a perfect mauve lip. Natural Beauty is a little too pink for my tastes. On the Catwalk is the perfect natural looking red on me. The packaging is sleek & sturdy. The caps are flat so they can be stored upside down. For $3 I'm totally in love!

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought "wear berries," it's a perfect luxurious berry shade that is simply sumptuous. It definitely stands out amongst a crowd of women with the nude "plain jane" face

on 2/12/2015 5:18:00 PM

it lasts an average of 6-7 hours of lip biting,drinking and eating. Itvis very pigmented and matt and moisturizing. The pacaging is modern and simple but elegant

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well, these are fantastic and you can't get anything better for the price. I actually like them more than my Chanels!
I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring. Both very flattering colors.
The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. They glide effortlessly, feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally. Wear time is around three hours (my only qualm) and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. There's no luxurious creaminess to the texture but they hardly cost three euros, so it's forgiven.
I certainly recommend and will buy more myself.

Edit: Bought 04 - On The Catwalk and it's the most universally flattering of the three (01 and 02 are on the bright side) 04 is a beautiful medium berry red with some warmth and satin finish. Love.

on 1/31/2015 2:27:00 PM

I bought this in natural beauty I think it's called! I'm in love with it, perfect everyday color and the packaging is sleek! I want to try out more Colors! was 2.99 at shoppers so very affordable

Popular Lipsticks