January 25, 2015 | 2018 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Longlasting Lipstick (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 9:09:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGrl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful color on and lasts a good amount of time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:53:00 AM More reviews by delocke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have this in natural beauty. i bought it because of all the great reviews on makeupalley and i am so so happy i did. this is the perfect mlbb for me. it's semi-matte, super creamy (a dream to apply), and lasts hours. one swipe is all you need. this retails in australia for AUD $4.70 which is about 25-50% of the price of most other chemist lipsticks and it's better than quite a few of them. beats rimmel out of the park and i've always found rimmel lipsticks to be great for the price (they're about $10-12 here).

my one complaint is the the packaging broke pretty much as soon as i bought the tube and the two parts of the lid come apart whenever i take off the lid or put it back on. but this is pretty minor. definitely recommend this product and will probably buy more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 5:37:00 AM More reviews by sashnk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick. I have 'on the catwalk' and I really like the color. I'll be coming back to the store to buy more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Incipiency

Wow, I love this lipstick. I have it in 08 Colour Crush. It goes on creamy but not slick. SUPER pigmented. Definitely doesn't feel or look as inexpensive as it really is. I am SO in love with all of essence's products, I'm rarely disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 10:22:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

Are you kidding me? I'll never be buying lipstick from another brand again.

I picked up Wear Berries! which is a purpleberry colour.

This stuff does not feather, fade, or crack lips. It's actually super moisturizing and really makes my eyes pop.

Just look at the reviews of Essence's products. They are ALL top rated. This brand really gives the others a run for their money...

Anyone know if they test on animals? That would be a dealbreaker...

Anyways, at $2.99 per lippie, I most certainly will be buying many more. You just can't go wrong with Essence Makeup.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 2:48:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is gorgeous! I think the only downside is it can lead to bleeding if you overapply for some reason (you don't need to! it's well-pigmented), and don't blot before a 2nd layer, or use lipliner. If you use a good lipliner, it is 5 stars. If you blot and reapply carefully, it is 5 stars. If you don't do that, it'll probably smear a little, and it would be 3 stars. The colour range is small, but good. The red is beautiful! On the Catwalk is the most perfect berry that lifts my complexion and brightens without being just a statement that takes over the rest of the face. There's a place for those, but these colours are throw-on-and-go types, that will work for any circumstance. I would expect colours like these from Dior or NARS.

These lipsticks last/stain. Really nicely.
They are not matte (more like satin or balm-like), and the texture is like a good lipbalm-slightly gel-like in texture, not exactly creamy.
Also worth mentioning: the packaging is much better than the previous (pink tube) essence lippies: black, colours are shown on the packaging, and the lid doesn't randomly pop off. On the Catwalk is too good. The shade is a perfectly balanced, flattering colour, not 'draining' and slightly tinged with grey/orange/pastel like some low-end lipstick ranges. It's like a high end lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been on a lipstick kick lately and decided to pick up a few of these lippies. I've always been a fan of Essence products, so know that even though they're affordable they're a great product. Picked up Adorable Matt (medium matte neutral red), Dare to Wear and On the Catwalk. Just put on Adorable Matt and so far it's love!! Creamy, smooth and a beautiful medium red on me. Comes off when you drink but no biggie. For the price, you can't go wrong. Will be back for more colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt really like this lipstick, i had the nude color. it was a lovely color and it did apply nice but it wasnt very opaqe on my lips and it kinda stuck to my dry patches. Not a bad price and the packaging is really cute. It obvisously works for some people but not me. Worth a shot i guess!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How is this possible? $2.99 lipstick outperforms $30 lipsticks? Don't judge until you try them. I only have tried the Nude Love shade. It's creamy, beautiful, and makes me want more colors. The case is better than expected and discreet - simple black. I don't know what else to say - but try it. You will not be disappointed:) In fact, the surprise will be that you will probably reach for it more often than your other lippies!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I have this in On The Catwalk and Dare to Wear and its probably going to replace NYC's Ultra Moist as my favourite lipstick! The colours are beautiful, non shimmery and satin finish. The lipstick is moisturizing, stays very well and are true to the tube. The packaging is sleek and looks like it would cost more. All for just $2.99 CAD. Can't beat that!