Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.6

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought "wear berries," it's a perfect luxurious berry shade that is simply sumptuous. It definitely stands out amongst a crowd of women with the nude "plain jane" face

on 2/12/2015 5:18:00 PM

it lasts an average of 6-7 hours of lip biting,drinking and eating. Itvis very pigmented and matt and moisturizing. The pacaging is modern and simple but elegant

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well, these are fantastic and you can't get anything better for the price. I actually like them more than my Chanels!
I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring. Both very flattering colors.
The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. They glide effortlessly, feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally. Wear time is around three hours (my only qualm) and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. There's no luxurious creaminess to the texture but they hardly cost three euros, so it's forgiven.
I certainly recommend and will buy more myself.

Edit: Bought 04 - On The Catwalk and it's the most universally flattering of the three (01 and 02 are on the bright side) 04 is a beautiful medium berry red with some warmth and satin finish. Love.

on 1/31/2015 2:27:00 PM

I bought this in natural beauty I think it's called! I'm in love with it, perfect everyday color and the packaging is sleek! I want to try out more Colors! was 2.99 at shoppers so very affordable

on 1/26/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Someone on the message boards recommended these to me because I have so many issues with dry lips and lipstick. I was hesitant to even bother with the Essence brand due to the dirt cheap prices. I figured that they couldn't compete with my $45 lippies at such a low price.

I was wrong. These are wonderful. They are balmy, creamy, and crazy pigmented.

I own the following shades:
-Coral Calling: Warm medium bright coral just as the name suggests.
-Natural Beauty: Mauvey my-lips-but-better shade.
-Nude Love: Very light nude

I typically can't pull off nudes because of the dominant brown undertones. It always clashes with my skintone. Yet Nude Love is my favorite out of the line because it is more of a beige-based nude than a brown-based nude.

on 1/21/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in natural beauty. i bought it because of all the great reviews on makeupalley and i am so so happy i did. this is the perfect mlbb for me. it's semi-matte, super creamy (a dream to apply), and lasts hours. one swipe is all you need. this retails in australia for AUD $4.70 which is about 25-50% of the price of most other chemist lipsticks and it's better than quite a few of them. beats rimmel out of the park and i've always found rimmel lipsticks to be great for the price (they're about $10-12 here).

my one complaint is the the packaging broke pretty much as soon as i bought the tube and the two parts of the lid come apart whenever i take off the lid or put it back on. but this is pretty minor. definitely recommend this product and will probably buy more shades.

on 1/21/2015 5:37:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I have 'on the catwalk' and I really like the color. I'll be coming back to the store to buy more shades!

on 1/12/2015 9:08:00 PM

Wow, I love this lipstick. I have it in 08 Colour Crush. It goes on creamy but not slick. SUPER pigmented. Definitely doesn't feel or look as inexpensive as it really is. I am SO in love with all of essence's products, I'm rarely disappointed!

Are you kidding me? I'll never be buying lipstick from another brand again.

I picked up Wear Berries! which is a purpleberry colour.

This stuff does not feather, fade, or crack lips. It's actually super moisturizing and really makes my eyes pop.

Just look at the reviews of Essence's products. They are ALL top rated. This brand really gives the others a run for their money...

Anyone know if they test on animals? That would be a dealbreaker...

Anyways, at $2.99 per lippie, I most certainly will be buying many more. You just can't go wrong with Essence Makeup.

Recommended for Medium Skin