October 1, 2014 | 2031 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Longlasting Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

For the price these lipsticks are phenomenal. I have Wear Berries!, and On the Catwalk! Wear berries is a plummy berry shade and on the catwalk is a muted reddish color. I am NW20 currently and these are very wearable even to work. Theyre beautiful pigmented shades, flavorless and comfortable. They are not drying and no lipstick lasts on me except nyx soft matte lip cream so I wont comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have this in 04 called On the Catwalk. This is a dark neutral berry shade. It can bleed into lines if used too heavily, so for older ladies such as myself, either use a clear lipliner as a barrier, fill in lips entirely with a colored liner to make the lipstick last longer, or use it as a sheer wash of color. The third way is how I use it. I tend to apply it lightly, allow to dry for a few seconds and then blot. This leaves me with berry colored lips that fade evenly over a few hours. I wouldn't call these long lasting, but at $4.10AU I don't care. After all, most makeup in Australia is expensive, with Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks selling for around $22 unless they are on sale.

I will definitely buy again. In fact I am finding this is my most used lipstick at present. It is dark enough and dramatic enough to look good with my dark coloring, but still muted enough for office wear. If I was going to use it at night, I would simply fill my lips in with colored liner for a dramatic opaque finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While moseing around at Fred Meyer today I tried the darkest pink of these. In the picture that would be the fourth from the left. What a beauriful lipstick! The color is dark, dusty rose, which goes beautifully with my light, yellow-based skin. Pigmentation is excellent. The texture is a gorgeous creamy one that slides on your lips and makes them look fuller and smoother. Feels super comfortable and non drying. I don't care if I have to reapply. It feels so good going on. I don't detect any smell or taste.

This is so much better than a ton of H/E l/s that cost ten times more than this. I'm going to buy this baby right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

I have like a few of these. Shade 02, 03, 04, 06, 09, 10. I love the deep, intense shades like 04. I like to mix 04 with 02, or 02 with 03 etc. I use 10 (coral calling?) when I want a cheerful bright look. I'm asian, light to medium skintone. Full lips. These lipsticks are good, but taste weird though. 06 (barely there) is a pretty full colour to me though. Dunno why others call this the perfect lip colour for brides. Can't imagine me wearing this on my wedding day. Maybe it's my skin or lip colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I quite like this lipstick. It is creamy, pigmented and not drying at all. The price is really lovely like what all the reviewer mention, it is cheap but doesn't seem to compromise on the product itself. I have had quite a few of Essence product and i am impressed with their item so far except for the long lasting eyeliner.

Although this claim to be long lasting, i find that the lasting power isn't much to shout about but then again at this price, there's nothing much to complaint. You pay for what you get isn't it? I've got three colors at the moment, they are Coral Calling, Natural Beauty and Colour Crush. Colour Crush is my least favourite because it just doesn't suit me at all. I love Natural Beauty, it is just the perfect MLBB color for me and Coral Calling is a pretty color that can brighten up my face but can be abit too much for daytime look. Unless you seek for attention, this is an alternative to the bright pink (Cotton Candy) or the bold red (Dare to Wear and All You Need Is Red).

There is scent in this lipstick, it remind me of a very watered down version of Givenchy Hot Couture but not that strongly fragranced. It doesn't stay on too long but i find that if i apply heavily esp. for night out, the scent can goes into my mouth, i can taste them in a bad way....i seriously dislike that. That is what makes me hesitate to repurchase them in other colors, which i am aiming at On The Catwalk and Barely There, although i put that i will buy the product again but i got to see if i can make the scent away from inside my mouth. It seriously wasn't pleasant at all.

Still at this price and i've checked that this lipstick are made in italy, which Bourjois lipstick that i love, not drying, pigmented and also slightly scented, are also made at the same country but this is like more than half the price, even when there is a sale for Bourjois cosmetic in my country, Essence lipstick is still way way way much more cheaper, even though there has never been any sale for it, lol. Also, this contain 3.8g of lipstick but Bourjois is only 3.5g. So far under Bourjois lipstick, the scent has never travelled into my mouth; i apply all lipstick the same way and because of this, i am on the fence. Hopefully i can try to make it work and then i can add on more to my small collection.

Update: Love the color too much and i guess i have to overlook that scent problem, sometimes, it can get on my nerves but at this price can't complain much. Just brought Barely There and Wear Berries, love both! Have since given the Coral Calling and Color Crush since this two color is not my cup of tea but will look forward to the other nude shade which is not in stock at this moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried 3 shades of these and I have to say I'm impressed. very creamy, the pigmentation is perfect, they are semi matte and they last a gound amount of time on my lips. they also feel comfortable. and the price is the cherry on the cake

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by justjess516

Beautiful range of colors, and the lipsticks are moisturizing and long-wearing. For only a couple of bucks, you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't possibly give this product a better review. I love these lipsticks, hands down. Love 'em. I own 5 of the available shades. The naming of the shades is a bit questionable (see my review on the very brown Barely There) or Wear Berries is actually an orchid purple shade and not what i would call a berry shade at all, but this doesn't deter me from buying more.

It claims to be long wearing, heck that's the name of the product, but I certainly wouldn't call it a long wearing lipstick. It's average wearing and like any other average wearing lipstick, the lighter shades are quick to disappear and the darker shades can leave a bit of stain and pigmentation behind. It will require reapplication throughout the day, especially after meals. But at this price, I don't care that the name is a lie.

Price: cheap. Insanely cheap for a product that is so fantastic.

The shade range is fantastic. From a really soft natural pink (Natural Beauty) to a bright punchy red (Dare to Wear) to a mature deep red (On the Catwalk) they've got the color range spot on.

The texture is smooth and creamy. It applies full color with one to two swipes, no feathering or bleeding. It's just dry enough that it doesn't slip around as you wear it. It feels moisturizing on the lips, and once it's worn off, my lips still feel soft and moisturized. They should have named this the Moisture Wear lip color line or something, because while it doesn't last long, it seems to do good things for my lips.

The packaging is simple, clean, and very mature coming from a brand that generally markets itself to tweens.

They lipstick does have a slightly old fashioned lipsticky smell to it, if you know what I'm talking about. But it's not noticeable once you've applied it, so I'm ok with it. I'm insanely sensitive to scented lip products, and I'm not bothered. It has no taste at all, thank goodness, because I really can't stand flavored lip products at all.

They keep coming out with new shades in this range, I keep buying them. I wear these almost every day because at this price point, I can afford to use them up quickly and repurchase without worrying about spending too much. Repurchasing is really the highest compliment I can give a product, and I hope these stay in the line for a long time to come.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the previous user stated this is by no means a long lasting lipstick. It's actually quite a moisturizing formula. I own this in three shades: natural beauty (pink-mauve), wear berries (purple berry shade)and blush my lips (bright rapsberry).

I find the darker shade easier to use as a stain rather than as a lipstick (they will travel around the lips).

The wear berry shade is just gorgeous I wear it all the time on top of a lip pencil and then I bloth my lips on a piece of tissue. This way the shade last around 4 hours.

Blush my lips will leave a nice reddish pink stain behind

Natural beauty is a great bridal/work type of color.

Overall I would recommend those even though they aren't perfect. They feel great on the lips and they have a lot of very cool and modern shades

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Essence Longlasting Lipstick comes in 10 highly pigmented shades, and best of all it is only AU$4.10! So cheap, and such a quality product.

While it does claim to be long-lasting, I would say it remains on the lips for about 4 hours until it loses intensity. Very reasonable for the price. The 10 colour varieties are very wearable shades. My favourites are '01 Coral Calling', '04 On the Catwalk', '06 Barley There!' and '07 Natural Beauty'. There is definitely something to suit all skin colours and style tastes.

The packaging is wonderful, a simple black tube with a line of colour that corresponds to the lipstick shade inside. Very classical packaging that does not look cheap. With this product being such an affordable price, you can easily build up a nice little collection of them without breaking the bank one bit. (PS. Look for Essence lip liner pencils too at only $1.70!)

Would I buy Essence Longlasting Lipsticks again? YES! I am so impressed with this product. Extremely affordable without skipping on quality. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.