Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the shades Barely There and Love Me. Barely there is a beautiful mauvey nude shade, the closest thing I would compare it to is "Doll" by NYX. Love me is a really pretty warm nude pink shade, but unfortunately if I wear it on it's own it makes my teeth look quite yellow. They have a very creamy formula and last a decent amount of time on the lips. The only con is the smell, they smell like grandmas makeup.

on 7/15/2015 5:53:00 AM

I always find myself in a search for the best nude lipsticks HE or DS and most of the time got lucky but Essence Longlasting Lipstick 04 It's Nude Time was the Worst lipstick I've ever tried and unfortunately bought without switching on the lips in the shop. I don't own any other Essence Lipsticks but the formula of 04 is so drying I cannot have it on even for 5 minutes...even with lipbalm underneath! On their website they are claiming that "creamy texture feels wonderfully pleasant on your lips" - No, no, no, not for me:) The color was wrong for my skintone though it was so patchy, uneven & looked like a cake frosting on my lips I don't think it will be a must-buy product for anyone. The smell is awful too. Also to give it a last chance I've tried to use it as a creamy some sort of highlighter but it still failed by being too sticky... Drying on the lips, sticky on the cheeks - hopeless:) So overall, nope.

I have 3 of this lipstick and i love them. They have very nice colors and they stay at least 4-5 hours i always buy them!!!

on 6/27/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I don't go for drugstore lipsticks, not even Maybelline or Revlon (unless you count their lip crayons), so I surprised myself when I actually picked this up. I'll come clean- I only picked Barely There up because I could not find a shade that matched my Essence Longlasting Lipliner in Plum Cake, not even at a Mac counter (this one didn't match either). This was the lipstick that taught me that swatches can be deceiving- in a good way.

Whether with intent to purchase or not, I find myself habitually swatching lipsticks in the drugstore. I've always been put off by the sheerness of Essence lipsticks, as well as the slight shimmer in them. When I opened mine, I was delighted to find that the colour was solid, no fancy and unnecessary gleam in them. I swatched it on the back of my hand, and for one dispiriting moment, I found myself regretting my purchase. Imagine my relief when I swept it across my lips and discovered a rather intense, pinkish mauve! On top of that, it smelled of raspberries.

I don't think this lipstick is meant to stay, as much as its name suggests. You'll have to reapply it after a meal, like most lipsticks. I wouldn't say it is luxuriously creamy, but hey, it's five dollars a pop and does the job! It is definitely not on par with Mac, and it is certainly not trying to be. The plastic packaging is a sleek matte black and is very light. I'd definitely drop a couple more in my basket the next time I'm at Watsons.

on 6/24/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well for the price this is an amazing lipstick, the lasting power isn't too long, but the colors are gorgeous and they dont dry out your lips witch a lot of cheap lipsticks may do so Yes for these lipsticks

I love these lipsticks - I have nude love and coral calling (which I got after listening to my favorite youtuber, considercologne, talk about it for a over a year). I really like the colors I have and the price can't be beat. They could last a little longer, but I really like the consistency. Coral calling has a different scent than nude love, but neither are overly perfumey.

Why is everyone loving these so much? Am I doing something wrong?

I only own one shade, because after a few drugstore disasterous buys I'm being more careful and trying not to buy a ton of everything just because it's cheap. Thank God I had my self-control with me on the day I bought this lipstick.

I own the Nude Love shade which is a very lovely colour. It makes my lips look huge. In fact, I like the colour so much that even though I know the formula sucks, I just keep giving it another chance.
But I shall not do that anymore. First of all, it comes off so easily. I put it on, everything looks good, I smack my lips and boom. It is strangely smudged and totally uneven. I blot it in with my fingers, all of the colour is on my hands, not my lips. So, I powder over my lips and it works! The lipstick stays in place! Or does it?
The next thing that happens is that it gets into the lines. Like, so much... I mean you can't really see it when I have my resting face on but when I smile or talk or move, basically, you can clearly see lines of colour running down my lower lip.
Then my lips start getting soooo dry. Like soooooooo dry. Which obviously exaggerates my lines. Which results in more lipstick getting into them. No matter how moisturised and exfoliated my lips are, they will get very dry.
Then, to finish it off, my lips start to get flaky. and all of the pigment concentrates on the inner part of my lips. But my lips are flaky at this stage, which means very very pink flakes in the inner part of my lips and slightly less pink flakes on the edge.
And all of this happens in the course of two or three hours, so no, not very longlasting, no.

on 6/9/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These just might be the best lipstick found at the drugstore price. Pigmented, creamy, and moisturizing! They have a nice range of flattering shades and although the packaging is light, the lid clicks on which leads no risk of coming open in my purse. A lot of cheap lippies have faulty packaging that makes them a dealbreaker but that is not the case with these. Pick one up at Ulta (under $3) and you won't be disappointed!

on 6/3/2015 3:28:00 PM

I have the shade Barely There, it's such a nice color, last a long time, it's my perfect nude. It has a satin finish and for 2 I feel like they are better than MAC or other more expensive brands. I'll be purchasing more for sure

on 6/3/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I have it Dare to Wear,a very nice pigmented color.
It lasted considerably long even in the heat but it does dry the lips a little,nothing to major.
I will be buying more in this line

Popular Lipsticks