Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.2

Having read so many positive reviews, I decided to give this a try. And I am so glad I did. I never thought something so inexpensive could perform so well. Barely there (06) turned out to be my perfect nude. True, it is not spectacularly long lasting, but it is not fading too quickly either. And after several hours, when it starts to disappear, the colour loses its intensity, but the lipstick never bleeds. Because it is my nude lipstick, I somehow always end up applying it when in hurry, which means no liner and no primer. I guess it may well be very long lasting if applied on properly prepped lips. Additionally, although my lips are extremely sensitive and prone to drying, this does not dry them at all, even in very cold winter weather. Will definitely repurchase.

i bought this in "dare to wear" for my halloween costume and i liked it! it's between matte and glossy, has a faint smell (that i didn't mind) and the colour is quite opaque. the only reason why it's a 4 and not a 5 is because it transfer sooo bad (it's opaque, which is great, but the trasfer is quite opaque too, which is not)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the "on the catwalk!" shade and it's gorgeous for everyday wear. It's lasting as long as the Revlon or l'Oreal ones, doesn't dry up or smudge, and it looks great (not too matte not too shiny) I got several of them since they were only 1,79$ instead of the usual 3$. Essence makes better lipstick than NYC colors, Wet n' Wild and all the other "cheap" lipstick. I like it very much! The only - is the packaging: when you apply the lipstick, the tube keeps rolling down and it doesn't "lock". I guess this is where they don't spend money: the tube itself. But with a lip brush you should be fine ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in Natural Beauty and Barely There. When I ordered, I was sold on Natural Beauty; Barely There was only an afterthought. When I tried them, my preferences switched. Natural Beauty makes my pale skin look worse than usual (lots of redness and very dull). However, Barely There is my new favorite lipstick!!!! It's so PERFECT. I also love Flower Beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Mauve Over.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 07 - Natural Beauty.

- The colour is what I would describe as a muted berry pink. I have light skin (NC15) and light lips and I find it looks a little garish on me. It's not too bright, and cool toned, but I myself prefer a more natural look. If you have more pigmented lips, or have a darker skin tone, this might be a perfect every day lip colour!

- Price is incredible, particularly considering how good the quality is

- Texture is excellent. Satiny finish. Creamy enough not to settle to dry skin or lines, but doesn't bleed. Not very long lasting.

-NO SHIMMER! This is a godsend for me. I have thinner lips and find that shimmer "shrinks" them and washes me out.

- Very subtle smell. I opened this up expected that gross lipstick smell - akin to Maybelline. Imagine my delight when there's only a light bubblegum-berry smell! Its lovely and doesn't make me feel sick like other scents.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love. Dirt cheap, beautiful colors, and the packaging is way sleeker than most of Essence's other stuff. I find it does wear away soon, but a touch up is worth the amazing price!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

"LOVE ME." A coral/salmon pink with cool undertone; bright enough but not too bright. Since most colors of this sort tend to be warm, I am pleased to have found this shade. (I am NC 20.)

Similar colors:
(1) Pur Minerals Lipstick "SHOPAHOLIC" ($18). Looks almost identical to me.
(2) Buxom Lipstick "MISTRESS" ($21). A little pinkier and slightly brighter.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These are not long lastinh but I LOVE them! I have the shades On The Catwalk and Barely There. Good everyday colors, you can wear it sheer as a stain or build up color. Really moisturizing on the lips too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the colour "Cool Nude" as I saw swatches online saying that it was a good dupe for MAC's "Faux" lipstick. The colour seemed nice when I swatched it on my wrist, but I disliked the plasticky taste and smell when I applied it. The colour wore off RIGHT AFTER I finished doing my makeup and left my house, even though I used a Maybelline lipliner and Lancome lip primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES! I only bought this so I could qualify for free shipping with my Ulta purchase. I was really not expecting anything from it, but I'm blown away.
It feels like a lip balm/chapstick. It kind of stinks but I only notice it while applying. It is labeled as long lasting but it lasts as long as any other lipstick on me and I'm totally OK with that, especially considering it's only $3! It has decent pigment and is not patchy.

I bought the shade Nude Love 11. It is a true nude pink. The color shows up on my lips like I mixed MAC Blankety and MAC Creme Cup together. Now this shade will be too light for most people, but all you have to do is blend a darker lip liner with it if need be.

UPDATE 10/5/15: NOOO! My lips are allergic to something in this. At first my lips were dehydrated like I ate a bag of salty potato chips. Then they got sore and peely over the next few days. I wanted to love this so badly :(

Recommended for Medium Skin