MAC Frost - Angel

on 7/17/2015 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I am not pale I am middle eastern with tanned skin now that it is the summer and I love this lip color!! It is not just for pale people guys!! It looks good on a lot of ranges of skin tones ! I have yellow undertones btw. It is pigmented and smooth and creamy and it really looks sexy! This color along with a a beautiful pink blush (think nars amour) and a shimmery highlighter and a simple winged eye is my daily makeup! I love pink lips that are not crazy pink but subtle pink and I like the frosty mess of it since matte lips kinda look too stiff for me sometimes .

on 7/13/2015 12:30:00 PM

LOVE this! If you are blue-grey eyed and pale.. this one is a perfect day time colour!

I feel like I've been looking for a colour like this for a long time! Very pleased I found it!

on 6/11/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty lipstick, very pale pink, and yes, a bit frosty. I do like it but will not buy again, and here's why. I can really only wear this when I am at my palest, and even then I need to carefully balance my cheek color with it or my lips just sort of disappear. I really prefer it with a liner underneath, just for definition, because again, without it, my lips don't even show up. That said, it's very pretty with a dramatic eye and just enough cheek. Even with a neutral eye, I have to have cheek color with it or it just goes flat.

I don't see this being a shade for everyone at all. I imagine that unless you are super pale, or are darker than medium, you can create a pretty dramatic look with it. But. For others like me who are fair-medium and through the mediums, I wonder if this really gives enough color. I may well be wrong on this, it's just my opinion.

Just a note: sometimes I use Soar liner underneath this, just as an outline that I blur inward (a lot), and this takes on a peachier tone, just ever so slightly. I also like to wear it with Angel glass on top. That gives it a little more polish. (Also, I almost always wear MAC Prep & Prime lip under my lipsticks. It really does do a lot to give your lipstick something to grab onto, and helps wear considerably.)

Wear is not long, but it IS a fun color to wear, very girly. And, of course, the texture is lovely, a little slippy, not dry for me at all. It does transfer to cups and such, but I don't have any problem with it wandering outside my lip line. It just wears away, pretty evenly, actually. The fact that it's pale and sheer helps there. I don't mind having to reapply at all since I don't wear this on "serious" days ever. It's too playful for those days, to my mind, and if I'm busy and focussed, I don't want to have to think about my lipstick.

As others have noted, it has the MAC scent, and is packaged in the typical black MAC case. I enjoy both of those things. Yes, MAC lipsticks are a bit expensive. But anyone who enjoys them knows that going in. It is what it is. I buy lipsticks at all price points, am definitely not tied to any one brand. If I like it, I buy it (within reason).

So, yes, I do like it, but no, I won't buy it again. I will enjoy it while I have it and then move on to something else. No worries at all.

on 5/28/2015 4:02:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product as it is kind of one of the shades that people claim you just have to own in your lipstick collection! And I can see how it would work really nicely for some skin tones. But I find its just too sheer/light to do anything on my skin tone. I like the consistency of it, its smooth and easy to apply. Like other MAC lipsticks, I love the packaging and scent. But it wasn't worth the price to me. It looks nearly the same as wearing a $2 lip balm from the drugstore on me. I prefer "Brave" by MAC for a neutral lip.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Light pink with a little sheen. It has a neutral to almost cool tone which makes it really pretty. It can work on nc or nw skin, it has MACs signature vanilla scent. It's semi sheer but also builds up easily. Love the packaging too! I think MAC makes great lipstick!

on 4/30/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Not flattering on me. I wanted to try out the nude look, but this shade makes me look wash out (even though I'm fair, NC15) and my lips thinner. Like many other reviewers said, the colour isn't a nude, it's more a very light baby pink with silver shimmer. The metallic finish isn't my favourite, since it highlights dry flakes I sometimes have and is somewhat unnatural. The texture is also pretty drying. After half and hour, I feel the need to apply lip balm and my lips look slightly chapped.

The staying power isn't great, a little under two hours if I don't eat or drink. I will not repurchase.

on 2/11/2015 12:43:00 AM

Not about the rave on this one. I'll mention this was the first MAC lipstick I ever purchased due to the hype and regretted it. Too sheer and have to use up quite a bit of product to get the pink to show up, and when it does - it just lacks that vavavoom and doesn't fare well with my light brown eyes. I don't consider this a nude, if I were to title this color it'd be Pink Sugar. And no, I'm not a fan of that scent either..

Gave it to my mama who has grey/blue eyes and fairer, more pinkier-toned skin.

on 1/30/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I was shopping one day in MAC, and I came across this lipstick and knew I had to buy it! I've never owned a frost finish lipstick before so I was excited to try a frost. The color looks exactly the same on the lips as it does in the tube so it's very true to color. Also, it's $16 which isn't bad compared to some sold at Sephora for $30+. This is a very beautiful light baby pink and works well on many skin tones. It also can bring out someone's tan. I love the formula because it's not drying and its also pretty pigmented. This can be worn as something sheered out or it can be applied heavily and become opaque. Truly a great lipstick, one of my all time favorites!

on 1/18/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted a nice nude color, but this one is to pink for me and it doesn't look good at all. There is nothing wrong about the lipstick, but make sure its your color as it definitely doesn't suit everyone.

on 1/18/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I heard it was one of the best sellers for their lipsticks, so I decided to give it a go.

When applied, it's sort of sheer with a slight sheen. (Subtle pigment)
This colour is more of a sweet light baby pink, but it's not universal colour that fits everyone.
I agree with the other reviewers that it fits people with a fair or medium skin complexion.
I have a more warmer honey-like complexion, so it looks decent enough but sort of pale in comparison to my original lip colour. It doesn't seem nude on me.

It tends to subtly accentuate dry flakes on my lips due to the shine,
Though I applied a moisturising lip balm. (Burt's Bees/Blistex)
I usually fix that by adding clear lip gloss to keep attention away from it.

I love the scent of the lipstick when it's brand new! So sweet, like vanilla.
But after awhile it tends to fade leaving a slightly plastic like smell. But it's not overpowering.
Veryyyyy subtle. (Unless you go the way to sniff it from the tube)

Staying power wise, it's pathetic. In 2 hours or so, it fades.
So there's constant reapplying needed. :/

If you're looking for a lipstick similar in colour, I recommend (MAC Peach Blossom - Cremesheen) It has a more rosier pink and its formula lasts longer compared to Angel.
Would work better on warmer skin tones.

OVERALL:
Bad staying power, good for fair complexions, subtle pigment.