Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this on a whim in Beso. The color is gorgeous, and the formula is great! Hi gloss, not sticky, moisturizing. I don't get the tingle from this that others have described. Beso is a nice MLBB shade that goes with anything. Packaging is nice, but for some reason, mine does not like to stay closed. The screw top doesn't "lock" into place, know what I mean? Maybe a got a dud, but I do find that it tends to unscrew a bit in my purse.

I would repurchase, and definitely consider other colors. It's a win!

on 8/13/2015 5:04:00 PM

This is a mixed bag for me. I bought this in Naked and I will talk about the 'pluses' first. First, it is a great neutral shade, goes with pretty much any eye look or any wardrobe. Applies decently, I appreciate the doe foot applicator (not a fan of the brush ones), and feels great once applied. Lips do feel soft with this on. Lasts about 3 to 4 hours on me, which is pretty good for a gloss. I do get a slight "plumping" effect from this.

The negative for me is this is one of those minty, tingling glosses. I am just not a fan of that, but even so, this is not terribly uncomfortable with that, I definitely have had worse 'tingling minty' glosses...The tingling minty feeling does wear away within half an hour.

That all said, this is a great shade, feels great once the tingling dies down, easy to apply, BUT, that all said, and yes I gave this 4-stars, BUT I probably would NOT re-purchase. While I am happy with my purchase and will definitely use this and it will probably be in my top-drawer (where all my 'most frequently used' makeup is kept), I just think there are similar glosses out there, even from the drugstore, and the price (currently $20.00 USD), while not terribly expensive, I just think there are glosses you can get even from the drugstore that will net you the same look and feel. As I said, I am not a fan of the tingling and really do not care for the slight plumping. But this is still a lovely product!! I can see me enjoying this quite well, but won't re-purchase. For the price, I would rather get a gloss that does not tingle but will still have the same lovely performance and appearance. But still, this is quite lovely! No major complaints!!!

Bottom line: This is a good lip gloss, a solid performer, but nothing so special that I will say "I've got to get that again!!"

on 7/5/2015 10:55:00 PM

Couldn't get past the incredibly bad, and very strong CHEMICAL taste & scent. I've purchased many a lip gloss and have noticed tastes/scents that are pretty bad, but nothing compares to this Urban Decay Naked lip gloss stench. I did return this product to Ulta with no problem at all.

AND it doesn't seem to offer a rich, lasting color either. (Nothing like their Revolution high-color lip gloss. I LOVE that gloss and it truly offers a rich, lasting color with no discernible scent or taste.)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Too sheer, no colour. Not even completely untacky. Drugstores are doing better lip glosses these days.

on 4/16/2015 10:53:00 AM

I'm on the fence on this product due to it's really strange.... scent. And it lingers too! It's very uncomfortable for me due to this but everything else about the lipgloss is absolutely lush.

The colour I purchased was nooner, and I just got this off a whim as many of their line were neutral shades in the shop I was at. This is a pinky-natural gloss that adds a bit of life into my face with or without any other makeup which is nice that I can just throw it on. I can also have the tube in my pocket without any leaking issues if this is a concern for anyone. The rose-gold packaging is pretty, and I love how we can see the colour on the end of the tube.

The texture is smooth, non-sticky, therefore you shouldn't expect this lipgloss to remain for over an hour. However, the formula does not cause my lips to peel nor does it make them feel tight after wearing off. That is something I've been looking for since Nars reformulated their lipglosses!

Edit: Went out to purchase Walk of Shame, and it's funky scent is still there, but not quite as bad. Hmm...

on 4/15/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have one in lovechild and I love it. I wear it on top of too faced perfect nude lipliner and it gives off a milky nude pink colour on my lips which I really like. Its very moisturizing and does not feel sticky at all. Normally I hate lipgloss but this one is very comfortable to wear. Sure its sheer but I do kind of prefer this kind of formula for simple nude look without eye makeup and just blush. My favourite lip glosses are the lancome lip lovers but this one is a close second

on 3/5/2015 3:59:00 PM

I LOVE these lipglosses and have a few colors. They are light and pretty sheer as far as coverage goes but they're very moisturizing! What I love most is that the colors I have purchased (Beso being my favorite) is shiny without shimmer. Why do so many lipglosses have shimmer? Ugh! I love that these do not. I rated the packaging low here though because I HATE the applicator. The tip is too long and it makes application sloppy if you try to put this on really quickly without a mirror. Oh well, at least I love the formula & colors! I would still repurchase.

on 1/19/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this lipgloss, because I love the Naked eyeshadows, and I am all about the glam natural look. I bought the gloss in the color Lovechild, because it looked gorgeous in the tube, and on my hand, but on the lips it barely shows up! These are so sheer! Its sad because I actually really love the formula - it feels so good on the lips, very moisturizing. For that reason alone, I am contemplating keeping it and adding a more pigmented pink gloss (like Mac long wear gloss in infinitely likeable) to add color. However for $20 it should have some more pigment!! I wouldn't purchase this again.

on 1/5/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this lip gloss because I was looking for something that would help add some color to my pale dry winter lips. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like this lip gloss! I was never a big fan of lipstick/lip gloss because 1) I find that they always end up wearing off too soon and I don't like the hassle of reapplying, and 2) they tend to make my lips feel dry and I get these clumps at the corners of the mouth which is really gross. Anyway, so I took a leap of faith when I bought this lip gloss and I am loving it!
What I like about this lip gloss is that it really does keep the lips feeling nourished while maintaining the glossy look for a pretty long time (well longer than anything I've tried) For me, I would say the gloss lasts about 4-5 hours before losing the shine but the color stays on, which is great! I also like that when you first apply it, it feels slightly cool and tingly/minty.
I bought it in the color "Liar"; lipgloss tends to looks much darker in the bottle than it actually is. Once applied, it's a very nice, subtle pink color that is just pigmented enough to be noticeable but still remains pretty natural.
This product is definitely a bit on the pricey side, but all in all, I think I have renewed love for lip gloss now :)

on 1/3/2015 12:12:00 PM

This is an average lip gloss, nothing special in my opinion. It is not particularly moisturizing and has a lot of ingredients that I am not really fond of applying to my lips. The color that I purchased is a warm coral, but it is definitely dupe-able. I think this is way too expensive for a lip gloss that does not moisturize or offer any real benefits to my lips. I will not repurchase this product.

Popular Lip Glosses