April 18, 2014 | 1435 users online

Lip Gloss - Urban Decay - Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a shimmery, thick, very glossy, not-too-pigmented neutral beigey-pink. It's probably easily dupable, but I love it anyway. I love the fine shimmer particles -- not too glittery and cheap-looking. It feels very moist and doesn't dry out my lips, and something about it really works too light up my face. I'm NC10-15 with warm undertones and ruddiness due to rosacea. You could probably find a much cheaper version from a DS brand, but if you can get it free with a palette, enjoy!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

A very moisturizing gloss! Some cons: the color is extremely sheer, and it smells and tastes a little off. I would repurchase during the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by sawitham

I got this lip gloss in Streak, it's a beautiful coral colour, I think it comes out quite well. Very moisturising but it has a strange taste and smell. Glad that it wasn't just me that has found this though :) the bottle that it's in is really pretty too :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

these are way too sheer to be worth $20. i don't understand why UD even made this stuff in so many shades because they literally all look clear on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I chose the color Rule 34 (haha) because I thought it would be a nude shade that would show on my lips as I need something a little deeper. It does, but the color isn't very pigmented, meaning it doesn't last. It is true that it isn't sticky which is nice. I end up with a clear-ish moisturized lip and for that, I could go with something less expensive. Having said that, I do love UD and might try another shade but as for re-purchasing, I'm still a bit undecided. Their eyeshadows/eyeliners are great and I also love the Revolution lipsticks but the lipgloss, meh.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The lip gloss is very nice but the smell is so terrible. It's horrible and the lasting power is bad. On top of that the price is outrageous at $20! I wouldn't pay that much,they need to lower the price. Also the gloss always gets on your teeth which is so embarassing. Love the gloss, the colors are beautiful but the smell and price is so bad. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the packaging, like the shade "Streak" but $20 is too much for a lip gloss.
I think the colors are too sheer, could be brighter. It's like every day lip gloss but it has a weird smell. Love the fact that this lip gloss is not sticky but there are better options for better price.
This lip gloss does not last longer than 30 min.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can honestly say that this gloss is the best gloss I've ever worn. I'm actually shocked at how well this works for me. I have a love/hate relationship with gloss because most of them either chap my lips or accentuate my chapped lips. When I put this on, it instantly smooths my lips and my lips look beautiful and healthy. This is so balm-like that I actually sleep in it. It works better than any balm I've tried. Even when I'm not wearing it, my lips still look healthy and moisturized.

I purchased Liar, which is a light pink and I love it. It's not too pigmented, but pigmented enough to add a little color and still look natural. This gloss is not sticky, gritty, goopy, etc. It's very lightweight, but the only caveat is that it isn't very long-lasting, but I'd rather reapply a few times a day, than wear a sticky mess that lasts all day. This is truly HG for me and I'm looking forward to trying some other colors. I hope Urban Decay never discontinues this line of gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice lipgloss, though a little boring if I'm being honest! I know Urban Decay was obviously going for the "naked" MLBB look when they designed these (hence the name of the line), but why does "naked" have to mean super sheer? If UD had interpreted the nude eye look to mean sheer shadows, I doubt they'd have made enough money on the first palette to inspire a whole host of spin-off products. All 9 shades that they picked look really nice in the tube and when swatched on the back of the hand, but are kind of a let down on the lip. Most of them are too sheer or too pale (I tend to look washed out in light colors) for me to really appreciate, though my lips are pale enough for the different shades to look at least somewhat distinct from one another. But just barely! I'm skeptical that any of these would do much for someone with deeply pigmented lips.

The shades I picked up from this line are Beso and Naked. Beso is the deepest shades of the line and probably the only shade I would ever consider repurchasing. It's a sheer plummy mauve that adds just enough color to my lips to perk up my complexion, but is still sheerer than I would like. It applies evenly and doesn't look milky or settle into my lip lines. Naked is a warm pink with subtle/fine pink shimmer. The color barely shows up on my lips if I wear it alone, but looks very pretty when layered over lipstick or lip liner (which is what I bought it for). The shimmer doesn't appear to linger on after the gloss, which is nice as glitter on bare lips is not a great look! Neither gloss is particularly buildable in color. I can get a little more out of Beso with a second coat of gloss, but it's too sheer to make adding more than two coats worthwhile.

What I do really like about these is the formula and the packaging. The texture of these lip glosses feels very luxurious. They're smooth and plush, with the consistency falling somewhere between a gel and a cream. I love how shiny these are without feeling overly slick. Super shiny glosses often feel like they're constantly slipping around whenever my lips touch which I find to be distracting and uncomfortable. These don't feel that way at all. They also don't creep past my lip line over time. And they're actually moisturizing! I tend to ignore all of the buzzy ingredient in the marketing claims of lip products as they're usually not present in great enough amounts to be worth paying extra for. Especially since the moisturizing effects of the glosses rarely linger after the gloss wears off. But with these glosses, my lips actually do feel smoother, softer and more hydrated even several hours after the gloss has worn off.

Wear time isn't impressive, but it's no worse than any other nonsticky, nonstaining lip gloss that I've ever tried. I get maybe 60-120 minutes from it, though I find myself reapplying after an hour or so as the color of the gloss tends to disappear on me faster than its shininess. People more tolerant of barely-there tints of color than I am or who are wearing it over another lip product may not need to reapply as often as I do.

These glosses smell and taste like mint, though it's a much subtler and softer mint than most mint scented products. It's faint enough that I can smell and taste the actual gloss base behind the mint. There is a slight cooling sensation upon application, but it's VERY subtle and doesn't really last for more than a couple of minutes.

Finally, the packaging! I'll be the first to admit that I've never been all that enthusiastic about Urban Decay's packaging. They've come a long way from the tacky, bulky packaging that they used to bring out 5-6 years ago, but even their more recent releases have failed to wow me. But the Naked glosses look so pretty! They're packaged in round shiny, rose gold tubes that are less smudge prone than I would have expected, with the word "Naked" cut out on the side. The metal exterior stops just short of the end of the tube and a clear plastic end cap allows you to see the gloss inside. The effect is both chic and practical, since these glosses both look pretty and are easily distinguished from one another if you have more than one shade in your bag. This gloss has a an elongated slanted doe foot applicator which gives you the control of a normal doe-foot while providing a larger surface to deliver gloss onto your lips. The neck of the tube scrapes off excess product very well, and is set deep enough inside that the top of the tube won't get messy with regular use. This is a big deal to me, as I hate it when product accumulates on the lip of a tube requiring me to wipe it down so that my lipgloss doesn't attract lint in my purse. Yuck!

If Urban Decay ever decides to expand this line of gloss beyond "Naked" shades (or at least makes more pigmented versions of Naked shades) I will be all over it. Until then though, I probably won't buy any additional shades or even repurchase the ones I have. For $20, I want more pigment! Not opaque, but at least more than lightly tinted. This product has a lot about it to love, but the too sheer color selection leaves me wanting. And I bet I won't be alone on that!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No