December 19, 2014 | 1511 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I bought this with a set of three, the other two were smaller in size and this one was full-sized. I have only used it once and slept in it. I have combo-oily skin so don't necessarily need more moisture, but thought it would be relaxing on my skin. I like it and my sister used the clearing treatment mask yesterday. I like it and would recommend. Overall it was a simple and plain mask, but I could see how this might be nice on flights and just to restore moisture to skin. I like, would recommend and would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mask. This is the standout of the Glamglow line for me and I tried them all. I recently started a series of TCA peels for my moderate hyperpigmentation from acne, I also live in Chicago so the cold and wind can turn my skin pretty dry. My skin just recently got clear from my 9 year battle with acne, so I am very cautious when I add a new skin care product. I am in my early 20's so I don't have fine lines and my skin is pretty normal when I am in bewteen peels. I needed something that helped with the awful dryness I had a few days after my peels. My skin becomes so flaky and dry. I am an exfoliate-a-holic so having the flakes on my skin drives me nuts; but I can't pick or scrub them off, it could cause more scarring. This product has been a god send and quicky made a place for use 3 times a week in my routine. The best part is no break outs since I started using this, at all!

The mask smells awesome. It smells like coconuts. Its has a pretty runny consistency and applies clear on the skin. I have done both suggested uses, the day time mask and the overnight with stellar results. I use this in the AM after I wash then remove it 20-30 minutes later. My skin feels so soft, smooth and extremley supple. I have never used a mask with these results. I mainly use this when I start flaking from my peels. When I use this my flakey, dry skin is gone, and it soothes my post peel skin considerably. I also recently came back from Montego Bay and got awfully sun burned, this helped my burned nose and hairline feel so much better; it soothed, cooled and moisturized the burned skin. I also have had great luck with this making my pores considerably smaller, more then 50% smaller in size after I rinse. I also make sure to use this on days I go out or have an event and want to have the best skin for make-up, this has really made a difference. My primers, foundations and even my Fresh Rose Water spray feel like they better meld with my skin after I use this. The packaging I do knock off a lippie for being a jar, but I will say it is a very pretty and expensive feeling jar on my vanity. I also love the color blue they picked for the packing.

I paid $69 for 1.7 fl oz at Sephora. I just started getting into higher end skincare so I don't consider it too too pricey. I will add you do not need much to get a great treatment from this, a thin layer is enough. I am considering buying the "super sized mud" 4 oz size directly from GlamGlow because it comes in a squeeze tube. I love this mask that much to make such a commitment, that is saying a lot. I also use this on mornings I am hung over, its so refreshing and makes my sallow sad hungover skin feel like new. I do notice this is a pretty common sample given out at Sephora, so if your on the fence on buying this I'd def ask for one, they always have them. Will repurchse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by matt1syd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a few samples of this because recently my skin has been super dry and flaky. At first I loved it, it smells amazing and it is really hydrating! My skin was sooooo soft for the rest of the day. The next day I broke out and I can't think of any reason for that other than the mask since my face has been completely clear for the past several months (I finally perfected my skincare routine). My mom uses it though and loves it, it doesn't make her break out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Alia32

Winter is so harsh on my skin. I have finally found a face cream that works best for my dry skin. I have combination skin but during the winter it's so dry and itchy. I put a lil bit of this on at night and during the day and it feels so hydrating. I love the smell too- it's got a coconut smell to it. My only complaint is the price. I bought it off of Sephora for $21 and the bottle is tiny. But next time I will order 2. It does last a long time though, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ladyanastasia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product ties with the Glamglow Supermud as my favourite product from their line. My skin is not sensitive and is very dry, and I live in a cold place, so I was looking for a super hydrating mask. I used it directly after using the Supermud and Youthmud.

Not only does it smell AMAZING and feel wonderful to put on, but the results are phenomenal. If you live somewhere cold like me and are looking for an extra boost to your skin's hydration for the winter season, this could be your holy grail. I've been using it once a week after my Supermud and Youthmud applications, as well as twice a week on other days overnight.

It really shone for me as an overnight treatment. I woke up feeling refreshed, and my skin looked plump and healthy. I have been applying it very thinly to my oilier nose, which has so far been enough to prevent it from breaking me out.

This line of products has been lifechanging for me. I highly recommend the Glamglow Thirstymud mask to anyone whose skin is dry, who lives in a cold climate, and whose skin is not too sensitive. I do think that the Glamglow mask line has the potential to be a bit harsh on people with sensitive skin, so definitely take home a sample and try out a small amount to make sure it doesn't break you out or irritate your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I really wanted to love this product and did for about the first three days of use, but after that it made my face PEEL like nothing else. So painful!!

I got a sample at Sephora after asking one of the girls for a good, gentle moisturizer for my face. I do have sensitive skin. She told me to put a thin layer over dry areas of my skin and leave it on overnight or use it as a thicker moisture mask and wipe/rinse off after 10-30 minutes.

I used teeny amounts and patted it onto the dry areas around my nose, laugh lines, and under corners of mouth and sides of chin, and left it on overnight. It smelled really good, a little like caramel or coconut. I woke up with slightly more dewy skin in those areas, but this did not last. Those areas became irritated after three days of use so I stopped using it for about a week so my skin could heal. I hoped it wasn't the product causing the irritation and tried it again, but my face burned immediately, it didn't "tingle" like other people have described but burned like hellish fire!!

I stopped use completely. Those areas are drier than ever, hurt, are red, and are peeling like a sunburn. I'm so relieved I didn't purchase this because it's really expensive.

The packaging is pretty but like other reviewers have said it would be better if this were in a tube & not a little tub so you don't contaminate the cream.

Overall I'm disappointed but relieved I didn't spend the money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by nadooshi474

It was hydrating but it made me break out. Make sure to get a sample before buying the entire mask since it is pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tingles, but I don't see that it moisturizes THAT well. Also not sure if it has contributed to me breaking out...will use it more and see.

Edit:
I will not be re-purchasing this mask again. It did not do what I expected - hydrate - as well as other masks do (even ones that I previously rated and did not like that much).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Heavy moisturizers and me usually don't mix - mainly because they tend to cause breakouts and I do everything I can to avoid those breakouts. My good friend recommended this product to me on a recent VIB Rouge event at Sephora. I scored some samples and have been using the product every morning for the last week. I'm in love. I will buy this product. That's saying something because I rarely spend more than $8 on a moisturizer. I have zero breakouts, my skin is soft and supple and the smell is yummy.

I'm not a fan of the high price tag, but I can tell by the density of the product that it's going to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is absolutely my HG. After receiving a tester from Sephora, I had to buy it. It leaves my skin very hydrated, bright and luminous. I use it as a moisturizer overnight and don't wash it off. I hate that this is so expensive, but it has lasted me a year. My only other complaint is the packaging. As others have said, it comes in a jar and that can be a breeding ground for germs. I will definitely buy this again when I run out--it is, after all, my HG!