January 26, 2015 | 2181 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 10:23:00 PM More reviews by audreypink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this product, but after trying it twice perhaps it's just not for me. Everytime I use this product for 20- 30 minutes or so, I am left with slighty itchy skin and bunch of tiny raised bumps on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 8:32:00 AM More reviews by LizA454

I have been looking for a face mask that will restore and hydrate my skin. When I went to Sephora they sent me home with a sample of this product.... Turns out I love love it. I used it as an over night mask and when i woke up in the morning I did a little wash and it left my face feeling smooth and soft. Yes it is pricey but I'm a believer that no matter the price it's important to take care of your skin. Yes I would buy again and maybe try their other masks as well. Remember with these reviews that everyone is different and all have their own opinions.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 4:07:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Received this as a sample from Sephora. It's really sticky but it feels fresh and definitely hydrates your skin. Because of the price I am not sure if it's worth it, I suggest trying a sample first before buying this or any other glamglow masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 5:14:00 PM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from Sephora as part of a Glamglow kit.

I like the feel and smell of this product, it's thick and creamy but goes on lightly, it has more of a gel-like feel than a cream. The smell is tropical but not overwhelmingly coconut. I use this as an overnight treatment more than a mask. When using as a mask, I'm a little heavier handed with application.

We're finally having a winter here in Michigan right now so I've also switched to a heavier duty moisturizer and after spending 8 hours outside yesterday in blowing winds and negative temps., my face needed more tlc than my normal nighttime routine. I applied it lightly, as I usually do when I use it overnight, it feels very soothing and hydrating when applied, there is a very slight tackiness to my skin, nothing uncomfortable though, and it goes away after about 10 minutes. There is a cool feeling when it first goes on and I have not noticed a tingling sensation as mentioned by another reviewer.

When I washed my face this morning as usual, it did not feel any more or less hydrated than normal, maybe a little smoother? I don't believe that this provides long term effects but I don't think it's deigned to either. I did notice that my face did not have the few flakies that were present the previous morning. I have not experienced breakouts any time I've used this.

In all, I like the feel and smell of this product and I think it does do something for my skin. I plan to keep using it through the cold weather and hope it keeps my skin from getting the flakies. If it works, I would re-buy on it's own vs. another kit because I'm not a fan of the other masks that it came with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a great job of hydrating my normal-dry skin (w/ slightly oilier forehead) without breaking me out. It has a pleasant but not over powering coconut scent. It feels nice and cool when you first put it on and then becomes pleasantly tingly after about 30 sec, and this lasts for about 5 minutes. I like that it moisturizes well without feeling oily at all. I usually put this on if I'm just sitting around in my apartment in the evening (too messy to put on just before bed though) and it absorbs fine without having to wipe off. It leaves my skin nice and supple and helps with the dry flakes I tend to get on my cheeks and around my mouth. However, this effect only lasts for maybe two days so it's a product you'll have to use frequently.

This being said, although it does feel pleasant, I don't think it's all that much better for me than just using a good moisturizer on a daily basis, thus I won't be repurchasing. It may be worth it if you're acne prone as very few other things I have ever used have been so moisturizing without being oily. As for price, I do think $69 is very expensive for a mask...but I would spend gladly $69 on a serum or moisturizer that works well, so why not a mask? My main reason for not repurchasing is that I feel like it's a superfluous product that doesn't add all that much to my skin care routine.

I do like this though for the plane as it's a tan color that doesn't look crazy to fellow passengers--you just look a bit shiny--and you don't have any dispose of anything when you're done, so I will be trying to get my hands on minis for air travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never really wanted to try hydrating masks before since I do have oily/acne prone skin and I thought that it would break me out a ton. But during these winter months my skin always gets super irritated so I decided to splurge on this and I am glad I did. This mask is a gel consistency which might be the reason why I like it so much and it also has a strong coconut smell. I'm not a fan of coconut but after putting on you get used to the smell and you don't even notice it too much.
On my first use, I followed the directions on the packaging but didn't notice much hydration afterwards but when I started using it over night was when it really helped. About an hour before I go to bed I put on a good amount to my T-zone area and chin or where ever else I'm super dry and go to bed with it. I do suggest letting it dry down a bit though because it does get a bit sticky. My skin in the morning though looks amazing. I rarely get patches of flakes anymore like I used too and also the redness I have when I break out looks a lot lighter after using this for a period of time. I think after about 3 days I noticed an improvement in the redness left behind from past breakouts. And I recently had a bunch of breakouts and this mask sped up the process for my skin going back to normal.
I do still get a pimple here or there but I'd rather take a pimple or two compared to severely dry skin plus pimples everywhere. This is quite a splurge item in my eyes since it is $69 but I have to say, I use this mask pretty much 6 days out of the week and I've had mine for about 2 months now. I just started to hit the bottom of the jar and have already repurchased another jar for when I finish this one. I really think it is worth the money especially if you suffer from dry skin like me during the winter months.
Using this compared to a super hydrating moisturizer has worked out way better for me because it doesn't feel greasy or cause me to break out. But I won't be using this during the summer since I get pretty oily during the summer months. I'm giving it 4/5 just because of the price, I wish it was a bit cheaper so more people could try it and not worry about breaking the bank if they keep repurchasing it. Go ahead and give it a try though and if you don't want to dish the $69 out for it, get a small sample for it or buy one of the smaller jars for $19 instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mask. I usually use it as an overnight cream, but I will occasionally use it as my daytime moisturizer in colder, drier months. It smells lovely, like a coconut-y tropical vacation, and feels rich, thick, and luxurious when applied. My skin has never been more moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product. I use it as a night cream alternating it every other night with another cream. This has been a godsend for me this winter. It hasn't been overly cold this year, but the wind has been wreaking a havoc on everyone's skin. The product smells like self-tanner but I don't mind it. I know its pricey but its so worth it. And you only need a little bit of this for your entire face as its very easy to spread. The packaging is so nice too. I will definitely keep repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by mishella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!!! For such a long time, I have been buying and trying products to help with my dehydrated skin. I also have a little patch of rosacea on my lower cheek which can get a little itchy sometimes. I am getting to the point where my skin is do dehydrated, I can no longer wear foundation on special occasions - because all the flaws of flakes and fine lines become emphasized. Buying this last week has changed my skin so much, just after three applications. My skin is smoother and plump! The fine lines from dehydration look to be disappearing, plus tye patch of rosacea feels smoother and the redness has gone. There are two ways you can use this mask. You can apply it and leave it on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse off. Or you can apply it and leave it on overnight. The first time I used it, I left it on for ten minutes and rinsed off just to make sure my skin didn't react badly. My skin felt lovely just from doing this! I have since left it on overnight and wow, in the morning your skin has absorbed the mask and your skin just feels gorgeous. It does have a nice smell, but I think some may find it a little strong.It kind of smells like coconut and caramel. Smell the tester before you buy it, it's too expensive not to use if you don't like the smell. The price isn't the best, but I will buy again. I love it. Purchased from Mecca Maxima, Sydney.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

I feel so fancy when I use this. Just looking at the beautiful packaging on my counter makes me feel like Blair Waldorf. For starters it is really easy to spread on the face. You will feel a cooling tingling sensation for the first seconds but it gradually goes away. I personally leave it on for 30 minutes, and after I rinse it off my skin is plump,soft,smooth and all kinds of amazing. Its a a great investment for your skin and although the price tag is obviously ridiculous, it is so worth it. Literally my favorite of all the glamglow masks!