August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disclaimer: I got this product in gratis because I work at sephora. I've been using it about once a week since February. I have normal to dry skin. This is a hydrating mask that you can sleep in or leave on and rinse off. I usually don't sleep in it, because I can't really sleep in any masks, I don't like the feeling of something on my face when I'm sleeping. I think this is a fabulous face mask for dry skin. It has coconut water in it, that's what the smell is. It has antioxidants from the tea leaves that help combat free radicals that cause premature aging. When I use this my skin feels very plump, soft, and almost too smooth (if that's possible). I've tried lots of other masks and this one has the most pronounced plumping effect. I still have about 40% of the jar left. I use an elf angled foundation brush and a very thin even layer on my skin. You should be able to see your skin through the mask. Using a brush and thin layers will help the mask last much longer and lower cost per use. No clay in this mask so it's not sucking things out of your pores, it's putting hydration into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not want to like this stuff because I know its overpriced. But, I've used it several times already and it delivers each time. I leave a very thin layer on overnight and the next day my skin looks and feels great. My suggestion is to go to Sephora and ask for a sample, the initial sample I was given lasted 10 uses, because you really only need a thin layer on. It does smell like a teenage girl in the summer be warned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Really and sadly impressed with this. Extremely excited that I finally found something to relieve my extremely dry skin, sad that this is so ridiculously expensive. I have used everything under the sun over the past few months to try and put a dent in my skin that feels super tight. I don't have a lot of trouble with flaking, but the tightness is out of control. So I bought this, put it on yesterday evening, topped it with a few other products prior to bed and slept in it. My skin feels surprisingly plump and hydrated today. How long it lasts will really be the telltale sign of how much I really like it and I will update on that, but for now, this is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using mixtures of colloidal oatmeal, argan oil, and marula oil (not to mention cleaning my face with oil only and drinking water like nobody's business) to hydrate my parched Accutane skin. This mixture wasn't working and my face became so dry and flaky it seemed everything burned and irritated it. I bought THIRSTYMUD as a last resort, totally willing to spend the $70 to make my face stop burning. I slept in the mask and woke up to mostly hydrated skin! The next night I (very gently!) exfoliated to get all the flakes off and slept in the mask another night. I woke up to glowing, smooth, and relieved skin! It is rich but not Shiseido-level rich, and you don't need much at all for it to be effective. You do need to wash your face in the morning because it does not completely soak in, however. Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with how well this worked for my skin and I'd buy it again despite the high price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by DaniPatty

Okay, i am sold! I decided to try it since my skin was looking a bit full. I left it on overnight, and when I woke up, my skin was plump and glowing! I have some redness and some acne scars, and overnight this managed to completely erase them, or at least blurr them out. My foundation went on beautifully, and my skin didn't feel as oily throughout the day. Also, the scent is lovely; not anything too overpowering though. The only downfall: the price tag, at 69 dollars. Since it is so pricy, I would suggest going to your local sephora and trying out a sample, just to make sure it works well for your skin type. But seriously, never have I used a product that's just overnight transformed the appearance of my skin like this. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love to use the product for my face and neck. As I've gotten older if I'm not completely hydrated, fine lines, pores, rough texture and neck wrinkles instantly appear. This product completely hydrates, smoothes and smells wonderful. I use it as a moisturizer not a wash off mask. I'm on my second sample from Sepora and will not purchase. It is approx $60, and I dislike when creams come in tubs you have to dip into and the tub is small. But, if I come across a travel size I will definitely buy...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product because I love the SuperMud Clearing Treatment but unfortunately I did not notice a change in my skin. I've used it several times over night and I do have soft skin in the morning but I don't notice it any more hydrated that usual. The smell and texture is great, but everyone's skin is differently. Not sure if I would re-purchase this but like I said, the SuperMud is definitely worth the $$

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This winter took my dry skin on a wild ride to flake city. Ok, that was really corny, but for real, my skin has been horribly dry this winter. I bought this mask as a deep hydration treatment to supplement my existing routine of moisturizing (with a night cream even in the daytime!), using a moisturizing primer, AND a moisturizing foundation.

I think it works really well. I like using this product overnight to let it really sink in to my skin. I usually do not have a problem with breakouts, and this did not break me out. The morning after using it, my skin feels very soft, and has a healthy, non-dry texture to it. This product smells like coconuts, which I think is fantastic.

However, this is not a miracle product. It's not going to completely change your skin with one use. I wouldn't recommend this for oily women, or for women with sensitive skin, based on some of the other reviews. But I think this can be a great product for many people, especially if you have dry skin and everything you're trying to give it moisture isn't quite cutting it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh, where do I begin??? This horrid stuff caused a huge rosacea flare-up, approximately 23 zits all over my poor irritated face & my face is actually peeling! I NEVER breakout, yet currently my face looks like that of a hormone-riddled teenager :( I think the ThirstyMud smells like old school tanning lotion, so it's no wonder it irritated my face so badly. Upon application my face immediately turned red & began to burn. I rinsed with cold water as fast as possible but the damage was already done... I'd never recommend this junk to anyone!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by KarsenLynn

Love this mask! I use it as a sleeping facial after a scrub or charcoal mask (sometimes both) and my skin glows in the morning. My makeup goes on so much more smoothly. And the smell of this mask is divine! Like coconuts :)
I have combo/dry skin and this mask makes my skin soooo silky and moisturized. I've only ever used it at night and slept with it on, so maybe leaving it on for such a long time helps it some.
Would def recommend.