Wet 'n' Wild Lady and the Vamp

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These gloss stains are da bomb dot com! Lady & The Vamp (L&TV) is a burgundy plummy maroon shade. Unlike Rico Mauve it does not impart a loud screechy stain so badly after it has worn off (eg from smoking or drinking/eating). It's a lovely color I could see all skin tones rocking esp WOC. I am a LLL & it really brings out the light grey in my eyes & I like to do this w an alabaster perfect skin (try wnw CoverAll liquid fdtn for that deeply matte perfected canvas) to which I apply a nice golden strobe, brows & a dramatically black mascara. That's all that is required of me to wear this, the lips become the focal point of my face delicately balancing my features & glasses. This is a really good shade for folks who wear glasses. I decided as I mentioned in another review to buy all of the MegaSlicks Balm Stains; Silk Finish/Matte lipsticks; & MegaSlicks lipglosses that wnw makes coz I'm such a huge fan of the line (& buying 1 of every MAC isn't possible for me! $$$ not feasible...I wish!!). I think I spent (don't exactly remember) approx $200 to get them all (& I got a couple MegaLast liquid lip colors too which 1 I really loved the color or it would've hit the wastepaperbasket after my first time using it! I got compliments on it too so that helped its survival in my collection!). L&TV is a safe burgundy as it's not too loud (not too vamp, not too camp!), it is office appropriate unless you work at a mosque in Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia where only your eyes are visible (then I respectfully would suggest a clear balm, Fresh makes some really gr8 lipbalms, Bonne Bell lipsmackers (a classic!), or traditionalist Chapstick in fun seasonal flavors are the order of the day! Okay I was just kidding messing around). Well I consider some burgundy shades much less "safe" basically such as MAC Media or Clinique Vintage Wine are much deeper & more opaque. This is a balm stain that can take you from day to night. I took off a lippie for packaging as I put it (as I do all) of my makeup into a makeup bag or ziploc Baggie in my purse coz I'm not interested/am afraid of the cap coming off the top & becoming a mess in a Coach purse isn't something I ever want to deal with. And I keep my iPhone in my purse so that's really be the sheetz if it got all over my iPhone! If this scenario scares you also then invest in some baggies, they are a good thing to keep makeup in, better than makeup bags coz I can see at a glance what I'm looking for & if they get messed up oh well recycle them! ! Back to L&TV it makes my lips look luscious & seductively sexy, I'd probably wipe it off before smooching (if you are gonna smooch then Bonne Bell can be a potential life saver! Dr Pepper Lipsmacker for such occasions or lipstick then Jeffree Star liquid velour long wearing lipsticks)...I digress. L&TV is very affordable & if u get really lucky u may find 1 w the safety tamper seal intact (ppl who remove the stickers to swatch products on themselves, their boyfriend & best friend then put it back for me to buy are NOT COOL!), & a $1 off sticker tacked onto the clear top on a BOGO50 sale day (if the stars are aligned u also have $5 in CVS extra value bucks or Kmart Shop Your Way rewards points to redeem!). If it's Friday the 13th then you pay full price worst case scenario which is approx $3. These balm stains are just as moisturizing as Clinique Chubby Sticks & as pigmented as the Clinique Intense Chubby Sticks. If you like L&TV try checking out the Jordana chubby stick glosses coz they are even better than wnw! L&TV has no glitter, no frostiness just semi glossy while remaining non streaky. I hope that y'all enjoyed reading my review as I was in rare form this afternoon. Ciao Bellas :)

I have a few of these, but I have to say this one (and Rico Mauve) are my favorites. Rico Mauve is a My Lips But Better shade, but Lady and the Vamp is a real surprise to me. I expected (or should I say, hoped for) a pretty plummy-berry shade, and that is what I got. The formula applies smoothly, leaves a pretty color, there's no strong scent or flavor, it feels nice, and it leaves a pretty stain behind. My only real complaint is the packaging. It's pretty good, but out of the four or five of these I have, one doesn't snap shut as well as I'd like. Good ones, you get that click that lets you know it's shut, and it stays shut. One of the ones I have doesn't click and the cap slides off. Usually I just take a good cap and switch it with whichever one I'm using at the moment so it doesn't fall off and make a mess in my purse. But, it's a nice product with a nice formula (and the red ones have really dense pigmentation) at a good price... But Lady and the Vamp -- that one is the best. I hope they never discontinue it. If you're a fan of Clinique's Black Honey but want a bit more color and a bit more berry, LATV is a good one to score.

Wow! I must say that I'm extremely impressed with this WNW balm stain. Lady and the Vamp is a beautiful deep berry shade - absolutely perfect for fall. Some reviews have complained that color fades to fuschia, but on me it fades to a lovely berry-stained flush. The remnants of the stain lasts a long time, more so than with Revlon, Pixi, Tarte, CoverGirl...This is cheap too. It's not drying on my lips. No frost or sparkle. Just creamy, beautiful, non-drying color.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product because it is a lovely Merlot shade with a smooth, glossy finish. It definitely stains the lips, too! This is the first shade that I have tried, and I intend to try more in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

On me, this is a pretty dark plum. These are a tad bit glossier than the original Revlon balm stains, and have a decent wear time.

One complaint is that this color in particular gets really fuschia looking as it fades. The cap on the crayon broke within a week, in my purse, and it got everywhere. Nope. Just nope.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was just "meh" for me. The color was gorgeous when I first applied it, a deep plummy color with a hint of burgundy. The finish was glossy and it felt comfortable on my lips. However, it wasn't very moisturizing- within a few hours my lips were dry, even though I had primed with lip balm before applying the stain. Plus, after a few hours of wear the color changed from plum to bright fuschia. It was still quite vivid, but it got much pinker. I liked the original color much better and wish it would have lasted. I will try the other colors and hope for better results, but I would not repurchase this shade again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I saw Emily Noel's review on this on YT and had to try it. It's a deepish berry but not as vivid on me as I expected. And I can't detect any mint as she described which I was looking forward to. But it moisturizes well and provides nice color. Unfortunately it didn't last very long. After the creaminess wore off I didn't have much stain left. I got this at Wags for $2.99, plus there was a $1 coupon on it.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I came across this product recently and I'm so glad I did! The color comes off as a deep strawberry-burgundy and it really stains without drying. I paid $3.99 but it's worth so much more. Well done Wet n Wild!