Wet 'n' Wild Lady and the Vamp

3.9

on 2/22/2015 9:55:00 AM

I have a few of these, but I have to say this one (and Rico Mauve) are my favorites. Rico Mauve is a My Lips But Better shade, but Lady and the Vamp is a real surprise to me. I expected (or should I say, hoped for) a pretty plummy-berry shade, and that is what I got. The formula applies smoothly, leaves a pretty color, there's no strong scent or flavor, it feels nice, and it leaves a pretty stain behind. My only real complaint is the packaging. It's pretty good, but out of the four or five of these I have, one doesn't snap shut as well as I'd like. Good ones, you get that click that lets you know it's shut, and it stays shut. One of the ones I have doesn't click and the cap slides off. Usually I just take a good cap and switch it with whichever one I'm using at the moment so it doesn't fall off and make a mess in my purse. But, it's a nice product with a nice formula (and the red ones have really dense pigmentation) at a good price...

on 10/21/2014 8:34:00 AM

Wow! I must say that I'm extremely impressed with this WNW balm stain. Lady and the Vamp is a beautiful deep berry shade - absolutely perfect for fall. Some reviews have complained that color fades to fuschia, but on me it fades to a lovely berry-stained flush. The remnants of the stain lasts a long time, more so than with Revlon, Pixi, Tarte, CoverGirl...This is cheap too. It's not drying on my lips. No frost or sparkle. Just creamy, beautiful, non-drying color.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product because it is a lovely Merlot shade with a smooth, glossy finish. It definitely stains the lips, too! This is the first shade that I have tried, and I intend to try more in the future.

on 3/3/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

On me, this is a pretty dark plum. These are a tad bit glossier than the original Revlon balm stains, and have a decent wear time.

One complaint is that this color in particular gets really fuschia looking as it fades. The cap on the crayon broke within a week, in my purse, and it got everywhere. Nope. Just nope.

on 1/23/2014 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was just "meh" for me. The color was gorgeous when I first applied it, a deep plummy color with a hint of burgundy. The finish was glossy and it felt comfortable on my lips. However, it wasn't very moisturizing- within a few hours my lips were dry, even though I had primed with lip balm before applying the stain. Plus, after a few hours of wear the color changed from plum to bright fuschia. It was still quite vivid, but it got much pinker. I liked the original color much better and wish it would have lasted. I will try the other colors and hope for better results, but I would not repurchase this shade again.

on 1/3/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I saw Emily Noel's review on this on YT and had to try it. It's a deepish berry but not as vivid on me as I expected. And I can't detect any mint as she described which I was looking forward to. But it moisturizes well and provides nice color. Unfortunately it didn't last very long. After the creaminess wore off I didn't have much stain left. I got this at Wags for $2.99, plus there was a $1 coupon on it.

on 12/28/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I came across this product recently and I'm so glad I did! The color comes off as a deep strawberry-burgundy and it really stains without drying. I paid $3.99 but it's worth so much more. Well done Wet n Wild!