New York Color HD Color Trio

3.5

on 11/10/2014 2:36:00 PM

I really enjoyed these eyeshadows. The rite aid by my house was doing 30% off all NYC cosmetics, and I went a little crazy, bought three of these trios: central park plums, blues cafe, and skyrise steel. I used the plum pallete today, and I was super impressed by hoe pigmented the colors are. You definitely want a primer under them, but I even need primer under my higher end shadows like urban decay, so that's no biggie. The colors are super pretty, and I think its really cool that they are all labeled: lid, crease, highlight. That's super useful for someone who may not be well versed in applying makeup. Overall, these shadows were pretty well pigmented, blended well, applied smoothly, and have stayed put with primer. I love beauty on a budget, sovi would purchase these again!

on 12/28/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I received this product in the shade Long Beach Sands in one of those free monthly subscription boxes. Basically it is what you would expect for inexpensive drugstore makeup. Chalky with very little color payoff. The shades are nice and I wish they would work for me, but no. They would be better for someone with little makeup experience who wants to build a collection slowly. Since there isn't color payoff, the sheerness would work well for someone who wants to learn how to blend. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who knows and uses makeup but maybe to a teen just starting out.