Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream

Colloidal oatmeal 1%, Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, panthenol, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, avena sativa (oat) kernel oil, steareth-20, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract benzalkonium chloride, ceramide NP, sodium chloride

I have tried too many products to name over the years, looking for that perfect moisturizer that brings down redness, eczema, bumps, etc. and makes my skin feel calm. This cream is gold to me. What lead me to it is my Mother. She has used this product for years now, and swears by it. She is a stunning French woman, and looks 10-15 years younger than she is. I attribute at least half of that to this cream. Used in combination with a very mild, natural European soap to start, I have began her regimen a few months ago and have not looked back. I use it each evening, morning, and if needed for an extra added glow, mid-afternoon. The skin feels incredibly moisturized and comforted. I hope anyone dealing with sensitivity finds the same comfort as I have in this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED: 7.12.2015

I still love this and find it's the most reliable, soothing cream that really does calm inflammation from rosacea or contact dermatitis. I would much rather use colloidal oatmeal (the active ingredient) to control inflammation than steroids which have unpleasant side effects and should not be used long-term.

PROS:

Very moisturizing, a rich cream

Soothes for hours after application

After using this for several days (and NOT lots of other products), my skin returned to a normal state.

The active ingredient, collodial oatmeal, is an effective alternative to steroids such as cortisone

Fragrance-free

I can find this for roughly $8 for 5 ounces making it one of the least expensive options available

CONS:

Not cruelty free. I would prefer it if the product did not carry the guilt of animal testing

I wish there were a travel size or pocket size available. I had to squeeze some into a travel bottle because the airlines won't let you pack 5 ounces of product.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Recently I developed a weird allergic reaction to some facial products and found myself with a rash on my eyelids that seems to be getting better now. Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream from Aveeno is the ONLY thing that doesn't burn. The colloidal oatmeal is very soothing. Even hypoallergenic moisturizers from CeraVe, Neutrogena, and my beloved Paula's Choice lotions were uncomfortable on my inflamed skin. Within a few days of only using this cream (along with gentle cleansers from Paula's Choice - her cleansers were not sensitizing, luckily), and a little Aquaphor at night, my eyelids have begun to look normal again. I'm only using this Aveeno cream on my face, so a 5-oz. tube seems plenty big. I have now switched from an awful Lanc�me eye makeup remover to Paula's Choice Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and that has helped, too. Bobbi Brown's makeup remover seems to be all right as well, but most of the others on the market are too harsh. I washed with Paula's Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser and had no irritation but I couldn't use the Earth Sourced Moisturizer from the same line. Illuminare eye colors were safe to use, and so was the eye shadow primer from Bare Minerals, but I have a drawer full of things that burned. I avoid fragrance in face products, and this Aveeno cream is fragrance-free.

Sort of pricey. I have very inflamed, dry cracked eczema around my eyes and some of my cheek. Everything I used before hand only made it worse, including prescription creams from my derm. Cleared up the irritation within 12 hours, i use this with the Aveeno baby moisturizing wash. Very gentle and left my whole face soft and my eczema is almost gone!

I love this stuff. I think after all the creams I've gotten from body shop and sephora I've been wasting a LOT of money. I can use this and get overnight results if my hands are dry, or if I want to feel a much softer face in the morning. It works wonders.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin that itches terribly after a showers and baths as well as just winter, s far as I know I don't have eczema but really sensitive skin. This is a miracle product in my opinion, a total HG. Don't hesitate to try it if you are an adult with sensitive skin. It makes my itching basically go away and moisturizes in a non greasy way.