August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by elephantgrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best face wash. I would repurchase again and again. It's great for acne, smells nice, and washes off easily. Because it is tea tree, a good moisturizer is crucial after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by mitphomai

The best TBS face wash ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't use many TBS products but this one I like very much. I love cream cleansers in general but it's hard to find one that cleanses acne prone skin, yet is easy to rinse off. This one cleanses all traces of gunk well and I use my Aveda shammy to remove it easily. There isn't any residue on my toner pad, so this cleans quite well. The tea tree is a nice scent and helps with blemishes. I like the price of it very much at $12 a tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

Simple gentle cleanser for acne-prone skin but because of its gentler formula ( as compared to most other foaming cleansers) i think it would suit normal to combi skin as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by arianasau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Before I bought this, the tea tree skin clearing toner and lotion, my skin was pretty bad. My forehead and chin were full of red, irritated breakouts. I also had a pimple under my nose that just didn't go away. My skin had been in this condition for 6 months, and I was reallly tired of my acne. But after 2 weeks with these products, my skin was almost completely clear! I also had a very oily t-zone, but no problem! My skin kept matte all day long. What I didn't like: my skin got red after using the products, my cheeks got dry, and the scent is...weird. The cleanser on it's own is really creamy and feels lovely on the skin, my skin always feels soo fresh after using this. It removes all of the face makeup, so you won't need another cleanser for that. But after about 3 months of using the tea tree products my skin changed, and got a lot more dry. The pimples on my forehead also started to come back, so I stopped using this. Now I'm using this cleanser as a mask, works great except the redness occuring..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by supersneet

This product advertises that it is suitable for blemishes skin. It appears to make my previous acne scars face, and leaves my skin feeling softer. Only downside is that my skin feels extremely tight and dry after using it. It also doesn't do anything for controlling shine. So yes it treats existing signs of acne, but isn't doing much for preventing new acne. The smell is very over powering.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by fdnhs

my holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by gunnk91

This is the only face wash I can use that doesn't give me some kind of reaction... Either spots or dry skin or greasy feeling. I am now on my third tube! I used to use the clearasil daily cream wash for sensitive skin but for some reason it stopped working and recently I had some little tiny pimples all over my face and this was the only thing that has helped! It's NOT expensive for those who are moaning about price.... It's 5 pounds.... Hardly expensive. I use mine twice a day and lasts around two months. I have really oily nose, normal cheeks and very dry chin and this cleanser works just fine :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mayarosec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin has always been sort of temper-mental. I'll use a product for a week or so and it will clear up the blemishes on my face but then after awhile my skin will start reacting badly and break out even worse than before.
This cleanser is one of the first things that hasn't caused that sort of reaction. I've been using it for about a month along with the Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion from the same line and my skin has cleared up SO much! I don't really get acne at all anymore, I'm just left with slight redness and a zit here or there on my t-zone which I can definitely deal with. I also notice that my skin is continually improving as I continue to use it.
Another thing that I love about this product is that it clears up acne without completely drying my skin out which is a problem that SO many other face washes seem to have. I also LOVE the smell and the cool, tingly feeling that it gives my skin!
This cleanser costs a bit more than I'm used to spending, especially in combination with the night lotion, but a little bit really goes a long way...plus the Body Shop seems to always be having sales so I'll just repurchase when they have another one.

***editing my rating down to three stars because this eventually stopped working well for me, I now have a different routine that I like a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I love this! I have used up a tube of it really fast because I was using it consistently every day. I usually switch up my products all the time, but this has been one I keep reaching for. I was looking for a cream cleanser since my skin seems to get really dried out and irritated from some gel cleansers. This was surprisingly very nice and I am about to repurchase a couple more and stock up. I have used the foaming, scrub and regular tea tree cleansers from the body shop before and finished them up but I didn't love or repurchase any of them. I really like how this has been making my skin look and feel. It feels very cooling and refreshing. I have skin that clogs really easily and overall has uneven texture so I usually feel the need to exfoliate quite often. Most cream cleansers I have used I found that I need to alternate with a scrub or else my face doesn't really feel like it is getting clean. This seems to do it all-cleans well, evens skin tone, and doesn't dry me out at all. There is no residue after and it is pleasant to use. I sometimes let this sit on my face for a couple minutes to let it work even better. I have noticed clearer and more even and smooth complexion overall since using this. It sort of balances and calms my skin down. The body shop skincare can be a bit expensive compared to drugstore items for the small amount you get, but I have paid triple the price for something that doesn't work for me, so the price is very reasonable to me. The body shop has deals almost every week so you can always get it cheaper anyway.