The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 6/15/2015 7:00:00 AM

I have not tried any cleansing butter before and only picked this one up as there was a 3 for 2 in The Body Shop and didn't know what else to purchase. I am so glad that I picked this up as I would not have picked it up for any other reason than it being in the offer.

I love this product, I comes in great packaging, smells nice and works well (what more could you want from a product).

So the product looks almost waxy in the tin but when its worked into your hands it turns into an oily consistence which goes onto skin nicely. I only use this with my hands to put on and wash off and find that it still removes my makeup, I have not tried it with a cloth to remove.

When washing off it does leave a silky film over the skin which I guess from reading other reviews is not great for everyone, but I feel that this helps to moisturise the skin, however I do feel that I need to still moisturise after as I have very dry skin.

Only a small amount of product is needed each time so although it may seem pricey it does last a long time.

Before showering I use a face wipe to take the majority of my makeup off and then use this to take the rest off and find that it does, and when washing it off my face I can see the foundation patches of water in the shower from my makeup (gross I know but highly satisfying).

I love this product and will defiantly continue to repurchase it and so glad I picked it up on a whim.

I have a video review of this if you would find it helpful:

on 3/5/2015 12:55:00 PM

This is a great budget cleansing balm, it breaks down makeup well and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised which is a must for my dry skin. I have repurchased this many times and use twice a day with a tin lasting around 1-2 months (I would recommend probably using a lighter cleanser in the morning if you dont have dry skin like me). Its not heavily fragranced and it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.

My only bugbear with this product is that it doesnt fully remove my waterproof mascara and I generally need to follow up with a dedicated makeup remover product. I'll continue to use this in my regime alongside my other skincare products.

on 3/3/2015 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is by far the easiest, gentlest makeup remover I have ever used. My skin is quite thin/sensitive, so removing my makeup with cotton pads/wipes tends to irritate and sting quite badly.

I apply about half a teaspoon of this on dry skin and then spread it out evenly all over my face (including over my eyes). Then I let it sit and warm on my skin while I brush my teeth. After the product is warmed, I massage it in for a minute or so, and every bit of makeup slides right off.

I do find it leaves a bit of a film behind, but you can either go in with a second cleanser, or leave it the feeling goes away once your face is dry, and there's no makeup leftover. It's just a light, non-irritating, moisturizing barrier.

on 2/22/2015 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have already repurchased this 4 or 5 times. I love this cleanser! I enjoy the scent, it's light slightly floral and doesn't linger on skin. The packaging is a nice light weight tin. It's not nearly as weighty or fancy as many other brands but its serviceable and doesn't feel cheap.

This is a fantastic makeup remover and a great first cleanse. I use quite a bit and give myself a light facial massage. With the smell and texture it feels far more luxury than it is and I actually look forward to taking my make up off at the end of the day. The balm quickly turns into a very soft oil texture which doesn't drip or slide off the face. I use a wash cloth to remove. If you can splash this off with water I commend you, but it is thick and I need a cloth.

This takes off everything, including layers of waterproof mascara in one go. Unlike most balm cleansers I've tried, this also rinses clean. No residue of any sort but my combo/oily skin feels soft and not at all stripped. I do a second cleanse with a different product but if I couldn't for some reason, my skin feels clean enough to get away with just using this. I have on occasion used this for my am cleanse as well.

I used to prefer oil as a first cleanse. I still use the MAC to travel and in really hot/humid weather but TBS converted me to balm cleansers. Balms tend to be higher end but TBS is great value, no residue and works just was well as fancier balms I've tried. A tin lasts me about 3 months, used once a day but liberally. I don't see myself being without this cleanser for a very long time. I definitely recommend this.

on 1/27/2015 9:27:00 AM

It was cheap and I got sucked into the buy 4 half off. I thought it would be a cheap alternative since cleansing balms are mostly high end brands and retail closer to $60-100.

This is terrible. It's very very waxy, leaves oily residue, yet doesn't take off any face make up. This is going into the garbage.

on 1/26/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This did not remove my eye-makeup. It just smears it around my face. It also left an oily film after I rinsed my face. But it smells good :)

on 12/17/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the first cleansing balm I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I am pretty pleased. I use this to remove my high PPD sunscreen and waterproof eye makeup by massaging maybe a chickpea sized dollop into my dry skin, adding a little water to emulsify (the product will turn white and milky), and removing with a warm washcloth. This is not a standalone cleanser for me, as it does leave a slight residue even with a washcloth. Rather, it's a makeup remover and the first step in a double cleanse; I follow up with CeraVe foaming cleanser.

I can't say that this product has radically changed my skin for the better, but it really is very effective and it allows me to use the stronger sunblocks I need to wear so that I can use products with AHAs or retinol at night to get at my skin issues. The tin is nice for traveling and I like that the product doesn't run down my arms when I'm at the sink, but the lid is a bit fidgety to remove because the tin is broad and shallow. If they switched to a deeper tin with a smaller diameter, I would be very happy.

Ultimately I know I will stray and try other cleansing balms because I'm new to the product type, but I would be happy to keep using this cleansing butter if I don't find something I like better. I may come back and update my review depending on what else I find out there in the land of cleansing balms.

on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use cleansing oil to remove my foundation, followed by another cleanser, and it has kept my face feeling very nice. I love the idea of a cleansing butter, so I went out to buy this from TBS during one of their great sales. I love this! It feels luxurious during the dry winter months, and is less messy to deal with than oil, which can drip. I'm not happy about the tin. I don't generally like tins to store products, but I will put up with it for this. This is a lovely, and less expensive, alternative, to my favorite cleansing oils.

on 12/7/2014 2:37:00 PM

I have gone through about 3 tubs of this product and I absolutely love it. It is so easy to use and I love how it doesn't dry my skin out and takes off all my makeup. I use this dry on my skin and work it in and then remove it with a warm muslin cloth. It has been the most effective makeup remover I have used and I highly recommend this product. You can get such amazing deals on this product when the Body Shop has sales.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far I would repuchase this product, I use a hot damp wash cloth and wpe it off really well I use the orgins oil cleanser, but with the great reviews and the contianer I was courious to give it a try I always follow up with a gentle every day cleanser afterwards. Its melts easily in my hands and removed my water proof mascra without any problems.
Will update if I dislike it.