December 22, 2014 | 1778 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first cleansing balm I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I am pretty pleased. I use this to remove my high PPD sunscreen and waterproof eye makeup by massaging maybe a chickpea sized dollop into my dry skin, adding a little water to emulsify (the product will turn white and milky), and removing with a warm washcloth. This is not a standalone cleanser for me, as it does leave a slight residue even with a washcloth. Rather, it's a makeup remover and the first step in a double cleanse; I follow up with CeraVe foaming cleanser.

I can't say that this product has radically changed my skin for the better, but it really is very effective and it allows me to use the stronger sunblocks I need to wear so that I can use products with AHAs or retinol at night to get at my skin issues. The tin is nice for traveling and I like that the product doesn't run down my arms when I'm at the sink, but the lid is a bit fidgety to remove because the tin is broad and shallow. If they switched to a deeper tin with a smaller diameter, I would be very happy.

Ultimately I know I will stray and try other cleansing balms because I'm new to the product type, but I would be happy to keep using this cleansing butter if I don't find something I like better. I may come back and update my review depending on what else I find out there in the land of cleansing balms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I use cleansing oil to remove my foundation, followed by another cleanser, and it has kept my face feeling very nice. I love the idea of a cleansing butter, so I went out to buy this from TBS during one of their great sales. I love this! It feels luxurious during the dry winter months, and is less messy to deal with than oil, which can drip. I'm not happy about the tin. I don't generally like tins to store products, but I will put up with it for this. This is a lovely, and less expensive, alternative, to my favorite cleansing oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I have gone through about 3 tubs of this product and I absolutely love it. It is so easy to use and I love how it doesn't dry my skin out and takes off all my makeup. I use this dry on my skin and work it in and then remove it with a warm muslin cloth. It has been the most effective makeup remover I have used and I highly recommend this product. You can get such amazing deals on this product when the Body Shop has sales.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I would repuchase this product, I use a hot damp wash cloth and wpe it off really well I use the orgins oil cleanser, but with the great reviews and the contianer I was courious to give it a try I always follow up with a gentle every day cleanser afterwards. Its melts easily in my hands and removed my water proof mascra without any problems.
Will update if I dislike it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by lunarparque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleansing balm feels so luxurious! It goes on my skin really smoothly and removes all traces of makeup while being very gentle. The scent is lovely, very subtle, and the calming, non-irritating formula is great for sensitive skin.

Just a fair warning:
I use this cleanser as the first step in my two-step cleansing routine, to remove my makeup. This cleansing butter is not suited to be used as the only cleanser in your routine but rather as the makeup remover before your purifying cleanser. You will need to double cleanse! I have heard many people complain that this product clogged their pores when they used it as a cleanser - that's because it is not intended to be used on its own. The people at the Body Shop store actually advised me not to use it on its own but as part of the double cleansing routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by agnessundbom

This product is cheap and removes makeup so well! It didn't irritate my skin or leave it dry or oily. The only negative thing about it is the packaging. It gets a bit gross after a while, in my opinion, but I would still buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This dried out the area around my nose and doesn't calm my skin like chamomile should. In fact, I have tiny little bumps from using this and will not be using this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Tiaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this balm cleanser when I decided to experiment cleansing in the PM the Caroline Hirons way. I started with an inexpensive one but I am very happy with it.
I apply a very small amount on dry skin and work it in circles. Despite being a balm it goes on more like an oil. It dissolves all the makeup effortlessly, without stinging the eyes, you can open them normally. I remove it with a warm damp washcloth, repeatedly. It does come off easily, but I insist to make sure I don't have any left on my skin (the shea butter and wax could clog pores). I do not feel the need to double cleanse.
It's a lovely, gentle and efective product. It might get the fifth lippy as soon a I try other balm cleansers (if I ever buy another one).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really love this offering from the body shop. The butter melts so easily and removes all make up really well with no stinging. The floral fragrance isn't really like camomile but I like it a lot. Feels luxurious to use and yet is pretty budget friendly. Not sure how long a tin will last but I am enjoying using this above other cleansers I own at the moment so probably not long! Although it doesn't leave a film on my skin, it does contain synthetic wax and so I like to double cleanse with another product after using this one as it is slightly drying on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This is just amazing!! Love this product! Been using it for about 3 weeks so far and I've really been enjoying this, this seems to be the only product that removes my water proof mascara' benefit they're real push up liner and Estée Lauder foundation super easily! I usually massage it into my skin in circular motions until all my make up has removed completely. I then wash it off with some warm water and use a toner after to remove any other make up left around my eyes, this leaves my skin soft, clean and hydrated. A little goes a long way! I accidentally used far too much when I first bought this but have realised I only need a small amount to remove a full face if make up.