October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Tiaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this balm cleanser when I decided to experiment cleansing in the PM the Caroline Hirons way. I started with an inexpensive one but I am very happy with it.
I apply a very small amount on dry skin and work it in circles. Despite being a balm it goes on more like an oil. It dissolves all the makeup effortlessly, without stinging the eyes, you can open them normally. I remove it with a warm damp washcloth, repeatedly. It does come off easily, but I insist to make sure I don't have any left on my skin (the shea butter and wax could clog pores). I do not feel the need to double cleanse.
It's a lovely, gentle and efective product. It might get the fifth lippy as soon a I try other balm cleansers (if I ever buy another one).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really love this offering from the body shop. The butter melts so easily and removes all make up really well with no stinging. The floral fragrance isn't really like camomile but I like it a lot. Feels luxurious to use and yet is pretty budget friendly. Not sure how long a tin will last but I am enjoying using this above other cleansers I own at the moment so probably not long! Although it doesn't leave a film on my skin, it does contain synthetic wax and so I like to double cleanse with another product after using this one as it is slightly drying on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This is just amazing!! Love this product! Been using it for about 3 weeks so far and I've really been enjoying this, this seems to be the only product that removes my water proof mascara' benefit they're real push up liner and Estée Lauder foundation super easily! I usually massage it into my skin in circular motions until all my make up has removed completely. I then wash it off with some warm water and use a toner after to remove any other make up left around my eyes, this leaves my skin soft, clean and hydrated. A little goes a long way! I accidentally used far too much when I first bought this but have realised I only need a small amount to remove a full face if make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleansing butter for travel after using The Body Shop's cleansing oil for a while and loving it. Initially I was a little bit afraid to try it, as I had tried Clinique's TTDO balm in the past and it had dried out my skin. I have to say I am very pleased with The Body Shop's version. I find it easy to use, I only need a small amount, and it really cleans my skin well. It is not quite as hydrating for my skin as their cleansing oil, but it is also not drying. For reference, my skin is dry/dehydrated and a bit sensitive. I don't think I would switch to this for use on a daily basis as I really do love the oil, but I think it is an excellent alternative for traveling. I also think the packaging is really cute and the price is fair. Would I repurchase? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by garasudama

Found this on sale at Ulta for $9, heck yeah! Considering I usually use LUSH's "ultrabland" this is a nice, MUCH CHEAPER alternative. Super effective, smells good, though it makes my skin weirdly warm when I use it? not in a burny way, just... weirdly flush? It's not a big deal though, I have super sensitive skin and I wouldn't consider that a reaction... I will definitely be buying this again, especially if I can find it at that price! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Love me some cleansing oil and cleansing balms. Currently I use Cliniques TTDO balm, until I seen this gem at The Body Shop. I am super impressed, as this cleansing balm really does take away all my makeup. I wear long wearing/ waterproof makeup at that. A little is all you need as you rub it on dry skin, then emulsify it with water. It rinses away clean, no filmy residue. It doesn't blur my eyes when I rub it over them to take off my gel/ liquid liners. It actually does a better job than my Clinique. What's even better is the price. I do admit that I follow up with a MAC wipe to remove all my eye makeup, but no cleanser will remove every trace of liner/ mascara; especially waterproof ones.

I don't recall how much this was, but nothing close to the near $30 I pay for Cliniques. Since I am a "love your body" member I always get 10% off. What a steal! Granted, this is about 1/2 the size of Cliniques, but it doesn't matter as like I stated a little goes a long way.

Looks like I've found my new HG cleanser. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by maysundstrom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly amazing. Take every bit of makeup way and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. No wash cloth needed:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by fanhar

this is good. i love the subtle scent, it removed my make up including my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. however i dont like the packaging. difficult to open and i prefer something with a tube or pump. on the other hand, it's great for travelling i guess! the price is also very affordable. overall a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Taslimaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This thing is a big, big love of mine! I've been using it for about 4 months now and I'm on my second one, It certainly is something I will continue to re-purchase! Once it is put onto dry skin it kind of turns into an oil and melts away the makeup & impurities! It keeps my skin feeling nourished and smooth. It doesn't irritate my eyes/made me break out! It's also a brilliant price, not too expensive and TBS always have sales so you can always get it for cheaper. However the reason I gave it four stars was because I would have liked for there to be more product! I go through the cleanser really quickly, but then again I generally use a lot more because of my dry/de-hydrated skin! Would definitely recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Caitlynmaree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a HG product for me! There is not one day where I go without this product. Removes absolutely all of my makeup without leaving my skin dry! At first I was a little bit hesitant because I have combination skin and I didn't want it to break me out but I am in love with it! Easy to travel with, a little bit on the pricey side but I will continue to repurchase it! LOVE IT!