November 29, 2014 | 928 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I would repuchase this product, I use a hot damp wash cloth and wpe it off really well I use the orgins oil cleanser, but with the great reviews and the contianer I was courious to give it a try I always follow up with a gentle every day cleanser afterwards. Its melts easily in my hands and removed my water proof mascra without any problems.
Will update if I dislike it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by lunarparque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleansing balm feels so luxurious! It goes on my skin really smoothly and removes all traces of makeup while being very gentle. The scent is lovely, very subtle, and the calming, non-irritating formula is great for sensitive skin.

Just a fair warning:
I use this cleanser as the first step in my two-step cleansing routine, to remove my makeup. This cleansing butter is not suited to be used as the only cleanser in your routine but rather as the makeup remover before your purifying cleanser. You will need to double cleanse! I have heard many people complain that this product clogged their pores when they used it as a cleanser - that's because it is not intended to be used on its own. The people at the Body Shop store actually advised me not to use it on its own but as part of the double cleansing routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by agnessundbom

This product is cheap and removes makeup so well! It didn't irritate my skin or leave it dry or oily. The only negative thing about it is the packaging. It gets a bit gross after a while, in my opinion, but I would still buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This dried out the area around my nose and doesn't calm my skin like chamomile should. In fact, I have tiny little bumps from using this and will not be using this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Tiaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this balm cleanser when I decided to experiment cleansing in the PM the Caroline Hirons way. I started with an inexpensive one but I am very happy with it.
I apply a very small amount on dry skin and work it in circles. Despite being a balm it goes on more like an oil. It dissolves all the makeup effortlessly, without stinging the eyes, you can open them normally. I remove it with a warm damp washcloth, repeatedly. It does come off easily, but I insist to make sure I don't have any left on my skin (the shea butter and wax could clog pores). I do not feel the need to double cleanse.
It's a lovely, gentle and efective product. It might get the fifth lippy as soon a I try other balm cleansers (if I ever buy another one).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really love this offering from the body shop. The butter melts so easily and removes all make up really well with no stinging. The floral fragrance isn't really like camomile but I like it a lot. Feels luxurious to use and yet is pretty budget friendly. Not sure how long a tin will last but I am enjoying using this above other cleansers I own at the moment so probably not long! Although it doesn't leave a film on my skin, it does contain synthetic wax and so I like to double cleanse with another product after using this one as it is slightly drying on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This is just amazing!! Love this product! Been using it for about 3 weeks so far and I've really been enjoying this, this seems to be the only product that removes my water proof mascara' benefit they're real push up liner and Estée Lauder foundation super easily! I usually massage it into my skin in circular motions until all my make up has removed completely. I then wash it off with some warm water and use a toner after to remove any other make up left around my eyes, this leaves my skin soft, clean and hydrated. A little goes a long way! I accidentally used far too much when I first bought this but have realised I only need a small amount to remove a full face if make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleansing butter for travel after using The Body Shop's cleansing oil for a while and loving it. Initially I was a little bit afraid to try it, as I had tried Clinique's TTDO balm in the past and it had dried out my skin. I have to say I am very pleased with The Body Shop's version. I find it easy to use, I only need a small amount, and it really cleans my skin well. It is not quite as hydrating for my skin as their cleansing oil, but it is also not drying. For reference, my skin is dry/dehydrated and a bit sensitive. I don't think I would switch to this for use on a daily basis as I really do love the oil, but I think it is an excellent alternative for traveling. I also think the packaging is really cute and the price is fair. Would I repurchase? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by garasudama

Found this on sale at Ulta for $9, heck yeah! Considering I usually use LUSH's "ultrabland" this is a nice, MUCH CHEAPER alternative. Super effective, smells good, though it makes my skin weirdly warm when I use it? not in a burny way, just... weirdly flush? It's not a big deal though, I have super sensitive skin and I wouldn't consider that a reaction... I will definitely be buying this again, especially if I can find it at that price! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Love me some cleansing oil and cleansing balms. Currently I use Cliniques TTDO balm, until I seen this gem at The Body Shop. I am super impressed, as this cleansing balm really does take away all my makeup. I wear long wearing/ waterproof makeup at that. A little is all you need as you rub it on dry skin, then emulsify it with water. It rinses away clean, no filmy residue. It doesn't blur my eyes when I rub it over them to take off my gel/ liquid liners. It actually does a better job than my Clinique. What's even better is the price. I do admit that I follow up with a MAC wipe to remove all my eye makeup, but no cleanser will remove every trace of liner/ mascara; especially waterproof ones.

I don't recall how much this was, but nothing close to the near $30 I pay for Cliniques. Since I am a "love your body" member I always get 10% off. What a steal! Granted, this is about 1/2 the size of Cliniques, but it doesn't matter as like I stated a little goes a long way.

Looks like I've found my new HG cleanser. Will repurchase.