Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/27/2015 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I just tried this yesterday so I will likely update or change my rating after giving this more time. I have been faithfully using Revlon colorstay for about 5 years and have been less and less satisfied every year with the color selection and heaviness of the formula. What I do like is that it lasts all day and my skin is very oily in the summer especially. I have been dreaming of something much lighter but long wearing. I'm not sure yet that Outlast fits the bill but I'm somewhat impressed so far.
I chose Golden Tan (857) and could only get away with this because I am quite tan right now. It's very yellow/orange in tone which is a good thing as I have a hard time finding drugstore foundations that are yellow enough - this might actually be too orange for me if I don't immediately get out in the sun again. I would also like to try Soft Honey because that looks less orange but still yellow undertone. Revlon just doesn't have enough yellow for my skin tone and I can't be in denial about it anymore. It's not flattering to beige out your face when your a warm skin tone.
The formula is extremely light and thin and at first I thought it wouldn't give any coverage but I've been wanting something lighter so I went with it. Application and blending was a breeze compared to colorstay and the finish looked very natural, like you could still see my skin. I did not try building on the coverage because I want a more natural look so if your looking for fuller coverage I would still try it because others have commented that's it's buildable.
The finish is satiny like colorstay and not as matte as I was hoping for but it's been very humid. Still, I'm looking for something that can stand up to humidity because I'm moving to an even more humid climate. I will experiment with this more with a different moisturizer and a little powder and update.
All and all it was very long lasting, weightless, good color, natural looking, and it has a pump! The cons so far are that I felt more shiny and oily than with colorstay but it has enough pros for me at this point to give it more time and see if I can make it work.

on 8/26/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm posting this review to help people choose a color. My go to foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid in Dusk 19. My back-up (which has been discontinued) was Physician's Formula Youthful Wear in medium. I had to choose a new foundation, since I couldn't justify paying $38 for EL Double Wear at the moment and the PF Youthful Wear is not available. After reading many online reviews I chose Cover Girl Outlast in medium beige (#842). I could probably go one shade lighter or darker. I couldn't decide at the store and finally chose the middle color. If you use the ELDW in Dusk 19, then Cover Girl #842 will work well for you (or the two colors next to it).

Cover Girl Outlast provided pretty good coverage (more than the PF Youthful Wear) and has to be removed with soap and water, so that would seem to indicate that it has staying power. I'm only giving it 3 stars, not because it is an inferior foundation, but it isn't EL Double Wear. I don't think we can expect that a drugstore foundation can compare to Estee Lauder or Lancome. If you have to downsize at the moment (like I do) then this foundation is a good option for the price (less than $10). Since I only started using it I can't comment on whether it turns orange or makes your skin break out.

on 8/25/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of the consistency of this foundation, but it does give good coverage and stays on my oily skin when I set it with a powder.

I wanted to try this foundation because it had a pump, which makes it so much easier and faster to apply. I find that the best way to apply this foundation is with a damp sponge, but even then it feels too thick. So on most days I'll mix an equal amount of this foundation and a moisturizer and apply with my fingers, which still gives a lot of coverage but feels a lot lighter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

WARNING!!!

This foundation WILL turn a little darker after it sets! Great coverage, feels light, doesn't look cakey, but it change colors after it sets!

Other than that, it's really good, lasts a long time and took a while for me to get greasy on my t-zone which is a MAJOR plus! When picking a color, find the color you think will match you then probably get the one that's lighter instead.

on 8/23/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation was not good at all!

it claims
"All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long."
I still needed to conceal and it was just like a bb cream or cc cream. not full coverage
heard great things but I think it doesn't last all day at all!
Not happy and gave it away in the end. Good price point. Better for those who don't need much coverage.

on 8/21/2015 7:29:00 AM

Out of all the foundations I have ever tried, regardless of brand or price, this $11.00 foundation has surprised me more than any of them. I had heard fairly good things about it so picked it up when I was in Walgreens.

I have previously worn CG foundations in Classic Ivory, so that is the color that I chose in Outlast. The color is very nearly perfect for my NC15 skin, maybe a touch too pink if I overapply, and I am in strong sunlight, but 99% of the time this looks identical to my skin color.

The texture is smooth and fluid, not too thick nor runny, easy to apply with a foundation sponge (I don’t use fingers or a brush to apply.) This is very buildable, I have no issues applying another layer on my melasma and dark circles without the product balling up or going patchy, in fact I don’t need to apply an additional concealer as this does the job.

Coverage is light to medium depending on how you build it up (I guess it can be built up to full coverage but I haven’t tried it.) This is lighter coverage than Revlon Colorstay, and I can see a difference between the two products in terms of the fluidity of the foundations – Colorstay is thicker and doesn’t spread as easily as Outlast.

I do find that I have to add powder over the top to counteract the shine, but since I add powder sunscreen anyway, this isn’t a problem to me. This foundation does last, but perhaps not as long as Colorstay. My skin still looks great in an evening when I get home from work (after applying at 6am), although the foundation has faded a little.

I much prefer the pump bottle than Colorstay’s bottle, much less mess and easier to control the amount I use. This foundation only settles a little into the lines under my eyes, but I have yet to find a long-lasting foundation that doesn’t!

Overall this is a great foundation if you prefer light to medium coverage with a very natural finish.

on 8/20/2015 9:32:00 AM

I love this product! There are a lot of shades, so you should be able to find a good match for your skin tone. Covergirl is also a very common brand, so it's not hard to find this foundation. You can vary the coverage you want extremely easily, and the pump/cap is incredibly convenient. One pump is enough for decent coverage, but you can do one and a half or two pumps if you want more coverage, without it looking cakey. It lasts for hours, but comes off fairly easily at the end of the day. I also love that this has an SPF to it! There are however a few issues with this foundation that may turn some people off:

-The foundation goes on very streaky if you only use your fingers; I usually dispense one pump onto my fingers and then spread it as evenly as I can over my entire face. I then go back with a makeup sponge and even it out. Doing so makes the skin look flawless, makes the streak factor go away, and gets rid of the peach fuzz issue other reviews mention.

-The foundation has a somewhat grainy texture; someone once told me that all makeups with an SPF in them have this same issue, but i've never experienced it before. The foundation does not LOOK grainy when it's dispensed or once it's applied, and the sensation is fairly easy to get used to, but it may be a turn off for some.

-The pump, while convenient, does let excess product dry out at the nozzle a little if you don't clean it occasionally. This does not mess with the makeup itself, but it does sometimes make the foundation shoot out very quickly in a smaller, more concentrated stream that can splatter onto clothing if you are not careful.

All in all this foundation is amazing, and i will definitely be using it for many months to come.

on 8/15/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I usually don't write reviews but must say I love this foundation. With most foundation's my t zone looks like an oil slick by the end of the day but with this foundation it still looks amazing even after a full 8-9 hour work day! I'm usually not a Cover girl fan but this foundation def hits the spot for me. I would say the coverage is Medium and if your fair skinned with pink undertones(like me!) I think you could definitely find a good shade match since Cover girl shades seem to run more cool toned and seem to have more "pink" in them. Also love that there's a pump, very happy I tried this :)

on 8/15/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So this is the first time I've written a review on anything , this is the first product that I absolutely loved enough to write a review about . I have very oily and acne prone skin . It's hard to find a foundation that had good coverage and doesn't make me oily . Until I found this! And I loved it, I was amazing by how good it worked! It stayed on my face all day , wasn't oily , and covered my acne scarring! Definitely recommend! Don't know how some people don't like this , this stuffs amazing! Give it a try for yourself!

on 8/15/2015 12:03:00 AM

First off, I love this foundation. I have super oily skin and this is the only foundation I have ever given 5 stars. This has a beautiful finish and really does enhance the look of my skin. I use about 1.5-2 pumps all over my face and this gives me slightly more than medium coverage. I used to have to powder all the time and yet the oil never seemed to go away until I purchased this foundation. It is really unfortunate that this causes so many of the other reviewers to break out. The only downside to me is the price. At most places it's about $12 USD which I feel is really pricey for drugstore makeup. But you can often find sales at places like Walgreen that does buy 1 get 1 50% off, which I will definitely take advantage of the next time it goes on sale.