April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought this based on all the raves on youtube. It claims to have a primer built in, but I still use a separate primer (due to my OCD lol). I have it in Nude Beige 832 (for ref: I'm a MAC NC20). This foundation gives a very nice finish and covers decently well. I don't find it covers as well as a concealer but it has pretty good coverage. I would say medium coverage and definitely layerable. I don't have really bad skin: some rosacea on my cheeks, redness around my nose, and some acne scars and this covers them well while still looking natural. The only downside to this foundation (for me anyway) is that it has SPF in it. For most ppl that's a great plus, but for me, I have an allergic reaction to SPF and it causes me to break out :( I wish they would make a non SPF version of this (but i doubt it haha). I will still use this up but I probably wouldn't repurchase due to the SPF factor. I don't wear foundation every day, only for special occasions so I'll tolerate the mild breakouts during/after. Lasts the whole day without much fading or cakeyness (but i only use a light layer).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by beautybaby44

I purchased this after hearing countless amazing reviews on this foundation. I never did wear foundation before purchasing. At first, I didn't love or hate it. As I used it more often, I grew to love it and it's my HG foundation. A little goes a long way, and it has good coverage and there is lots of product for the price. I does not cake, and my skin doesn't dry out while using it. It smells like nothing, and I apply with a wet beauty blender. I wear the shade creamy natural (3rd lightest as im sorta pale)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to purchase this foundation as I usually have bad luck with CG products. First let me just rant about CG's 'orangy' oxidization problem. I'm not sure why this happens but it does. Anyways, I'm pretty impressed with the color selection (as the previous CG foundation I've tried was way too pink or straight up orange on the face). The fact that it comes with a pump is a rarity in drugstore foundations and I'm glad it has SPF 20.

Now as I've stated above, it does oxidize on my half a shade to a shade darker after a couple hours. Aside from that, it's a pretty nice foundation! It feels really light weight and it has medium to full coverage. I do set it with powder, as with all my foundations, and I don't feel like it makes me oily at all. The reason I wouldn't repurchase this product is because I don't think I could ever finish this product by the expiration date (which comes with all SPF products) and it is quite pricy for a drugstore foundation ($13+ CND). Still a nice liquid foundation tho :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aharb013

I have mixed feelings about this product. But ultimately I regret buying it. I bought the second lightest shade, classic ivory. There are no shades that appear to have a yellow undertone, but this one didn't look too pink.

When I first apply this, it looks good on the skin. It has a soft matte finish and blends well. But as the day progresses, it looks more obvious on the skin. It also oxidizes quite heavily and looks noticeably darker than my neck withing an hour or so.

I would not recommend this product due to these issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing foundation, I don't care how inexpensive it is, I have used Giorgio Armani, Lancôme , Chanel, Clinique, Estée Lauder, maybelline, Cover Girl, revlon, you name it, I have tried it! At 59 this is my fav, go figure! Light, yet good coverage, nice satin finish. As I've gotten older a matte finish is aging, yet too moisturizing turns greasy. This makeup looks great till the end of the day, and then removes quite easily. I wear 810 ivory and its a perfect match for my NC 20 complexion. Try it, its fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by celeborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin in super sensitive and and acne prone, so i have to be very careful with what makeup i wear, so far this foundation has not caused me any break outs, it stays put for over 5 hours and has pretty good coverage, it does not look caked on at all and feels very light!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by YellowSourFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is such a good foundation. This would.totally be HG if the color selection was better. This needs to go one shade lighter than the lightest shade and they need more yellow based shades as well. If they went one shade lighter with a yellow tone I would be all over it like a hobo on a hotdog.

The coverage is great. More than medium but not totally full. It sits nicely on my skin. Looks very smooth. Matte but not too matte finish. Not dry looking. Good 8 hours wear on my oily t-zone. Blends uper easy. What more can you ask for. Come on covergirl! Better colors please!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First things first: This product broke me out. My skin is acne-prone and WILL react to anything that provokes it, and apparently this did.

Like all drugstore brands, the shade selection is pretty crappy... as a yellow-toned pale girl, I did not have a match in this foundation whatsoever. I do recall it looking pretty good, though, as far as the formula goes. But breakouts + bad color match doesn't equal a good foundation for me. Neeeeext.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MY SKIN; oily,dry around nose and chin,acne prone,very fair with pink & yellow undertones,enlarged pores on cheeks
SHADE; #805

I use the rea; techniques buffing brush to apply,and have to set with mac studio fix powder in #nc15.

I am absolutely blown away with this foundation,i have tried everything from MAC studio fix,revlon colour stay.max factor full cover,nars sheer glow,lancome,clinique,elizabeth arden, pretty much every foundation that claims to be meduim to full coverage.this foundation has saved my self esteem more times that any of the other foundations that i have mentioned, it covers wonderfully,and has a beautiful wet to powder finish, blends like a dream,i simply go over the parts of my skin that need more ocverage and stupple it on, it doesnt settle into my pores, nor does it break me out,go oily,look too powdery , and to top it all off the colour is just stunning, i have such a hrd time trying to find a foundation that matches me (mac nc15 is even a tad too dark) this matches me perfectly, i do however have to set this with a powder(see above) but this doent bother me because i always powder anyway, i think if you are on the lookout for a foundation that is both affordable (NZD 24.99) and high quality i reckon give this a go !!! i havent even glanced at my foundations that cost ($90.00 + ) wince buying this , so glad i did!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ginaree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is pretty much perfect for me! I have combination skin, and pretty sensitive. This is the only foundation that I've had that doesn't dry out my skin or make me break out. It goes on smoothly & blends nicely. I have pretty pale skin, and it adds a nice color without making me look orange. (which is not cute!) It also doesn't make me shiny. I tried another foundation this week just for kicks, and ended up shiny and oily by the end of the day, and broke out! This morning, it felt good to put this on. It doesn't sit on top of your skin, but dries and sets in without making you look cakey. Really hoping they don't discontinue this!