August 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

A very high quality drugstore foundation. The formula is a bit thicker than I prefer, but it blends wonderfully and is very buildable. It's fairly mattifying as well; I almost don't feel the need to finish with a power. It doesn't look cake-y or melt off my face at the end of the day. The only significant complaint I have is that it does seem to magnify the already fairly large pores I have around my nose and on my cheeks. This is a good foundation for those with oily skin, but I probably won't use it when the climate gets colder and my skin gets dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by erica5574

This is my fav foundation, it's light weight, easy to blend, an is the perfect colour for me. Also everything it claims to do, it does👍

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation came out around the same time as the Revlon Nearly Naked and I ended up getting the Revlon one due to claims of it being lightweight. That was such a bad decision. I'm so glad I eventually got this foundation

On to the review.. So this foundation is supposed to be a powder, primer, and foundation all rolled into one. It also has spf 20. I definitely agree to the claims. I was definitely scared of this foundation when I kept reading reviews that compared it to Revlon Colorstay. I do not like wearing foundations that you can feel or that are super full coverage. I am into medium coverage foundations that can be sheered out or built up if necessary. What I like about Covergirl Outlast is that its light and almost runny. You cannot feel it on the skin. It's quite buildable as well. One pump is medium coverage. While it gives good coverage and makes your skin looks flawless, it still has a natural look to it. It also is great at making your skin look perfect even if you have blemishes. My other fav oil controlling foundation, Clinique Stay Matte, only looks good if your skin is pretty decent. It emphasizes bumps and ridges and doesn't look flattering.

I have oily skin and it gives an natural matte finish. I would say in between natural matte and demi matte. So it's not a flat matte but it also isnt luminous like a demi matte. It's long wearing and it controls oil surprisingly good. I probably blot twice a day and this is in Texas heat which is pretty humid and where 95 degrees is a good day lol. Clinique Stay Matte was my fav foundation for my oily skin but Covergirl Outlast has it beat. It lasts longer and keeps me matte longer. The Clinique is great if you want a longwearing oil controlling foundation without spf. I would wear the Clinique for occasions where pictures are being taken. It's still a great foundation for oily skin but I notice I have to blot more when I wear it. The colors I wear in Covergirl is in the Covergirl Queen All Day Flawless which is exactly the same as Covergirl Outlast but in a more extensive darker skin range. I wear 810 Classic Bronze (olive with a bit of yellow undertones) in winter, and 815 Brulee (golden with a bit of red undertones) in summer. I am a NC45 that is more neutral and tends to be more olive in winter and more golden in summer. Brulee is a close match for Creamy Caramel in the Clinique Stay Matte range but its a tad bit more red.

I absolutely love this foundation! I definitely agree when people compare it to a higher end foundation. Im really impressed with the quality of it. I had been looking for a drugstore foundation for oily skin but I didn't want to use Colorstay since its so heavy and Im also acne prone. I also love that it has a pump but I notice when you get close to halfway, the pump starts to act up and not work as well. If you have oily skin and want a foundation that provides buildable medium coverage, longwearing, and looks natural and feels lightweight, this foundation is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Janelliee0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is the beeeeest foundation to date! I'm on my 2nd bottle and it makes my oily/blemish prone skin flawless! I do get oily a bit after a long period of time of wearing this but that's pretty normal for me. I live in a climate where it's muggy, humid, mild some days and freezing cold other days (Canada) and I find this stuff holds up well in all weather. I use this in soft honey and find this to be a good summer colour for me :) Oh btw, 1 bottle lasted me a whole year because a little goes a long way ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by robbie062187

I really like the product from the first time i applied it on. It really did cover my acne scar pretty well plus i have this big open pores that seemed to disappear as i put it on. It is fairly easy to apply. It didmt feel heavy unlike maxfactor. I allso did not broke.out that much although it felt like there are little bumps on my frehead. Litttle enough to not worry about it. Price is ok. Wil buy again for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Tacoramackenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great value for the money! I find myself reaching for this foundation over all my high-end foundation. It tops my Make Up For Ever HD, and my Kat Von D! Okay, so this has excellent coverage, while it is not a matte finish on my dry skin, it is more of a satin finish. The finish is amazing, and it has all the coverage of the Kat Von D at about 1/4 the price. & without giving you cake face like the Revlon Colorstay has always have me. It is comparable to the Make Up Forever Matte Velvet foundation, but in my opinion this is better. This worked great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by mirandacar23

Love love love this foundation! For starters, I don't really wear or need foundation, but I just like it to even out my skin tone on my cheeks. This was the first liquid foundation that I tried and actually liked! I have dry/ sensitive skin and this did not dry nor break me out. The coverage is medium, but it can be built up to be a full coverage foundation. It has a beautiful dewy (but not greasy) finish. Although, it does oxidize a little but it's not really a big deal to me because I'm naturally tan and I don't mind being dark. I would suggest maybe going one shade lighter if you do have fair skin for it will turn a little orangey. Although it has a primer in it, I do use my monistat chafing gel as primer before putting this on. It lasts all day! I went to an outdoor concert the other day and it was both hot and humid. I put my makeup on at 12 p.m. and took it off at 12 a.m. and my makeup still looked great! I did get a tad bit oily, but that's expected since it was 100 degrees outside! All in all, great foundation that actually lasts all day and has great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gvceleste

I really enjoyed this foundation , but not as a daily foundation to apply on my face . It is quite heavy , very likely to clogged pores. I did not get any whiteheads but a few bumps under my skin and If your looking for a good coverage foundation for a night out or special occasion it's worth a try but for a daily routine I would recommend something lighter .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by fcanupp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided that I needed to change up my foundation routine for the summer. I had been using a foam foundation and it just wasn't working well with the heat and my sweaty face in the morning (I live in a city;therefore, I walk to my office). In need of this change, I had been looking online for a nice dependable foundation and I decided I was going to try this foundation.

I would like to say that there were not a lot of options in terms of color choice for the foundation. However, since it's summer and I am no longer the fairest shade of the collection - this turned out to be okay. When I went to apply the foundation the next morning, i found that it was super easy to apply. It really applies like an expensive foundation and has very good medium - full coverage. I typcially try to stay with a medium to light coverage foundation, since full coverage foundations are cakey rub off on clothes. But, either way, this foundation is medium to full without being too heavy. I will also say that it most certainly is matte or more of a matte, velety finsih. I do prefer the matte in the summer time as I do walk to my office and I try to spend a good amount of time outside in the summer. One other thing that I really liked about this prodcut is that it has sunscreen built into it. Since I am very fair, I always wear sunscreen - but, extra sunscreen is always a plus in my opinion!

The product lasted on my skin for at least 6+ hours (which is awesome!) and didn't get greasy like some other foundations I've used in the past. I also want to say that this foundation did play well with all of my other make up (like concealer, blush, eye shadow and highlighter etc). So, I typically don't put a second layer ontop of the foundation for a buildable coverage - however, it does help that this stays in place when adding and mixing other things on your face.

I want to say that I would purchase this product again for next summer. It's a great product for drugstore, comes in a nice glass bottle with a pump and cap. It would be in my top 5 best foundations that i've tried recently.

One other thing that I want to mention is that I do have dry(ish) skin. Its senstive and sometime acne prone. This did not make me break out and did not cause any irriation. I wouldn't recommend this product in the colder months if you do have dry skin - as it will dry out you skin. But, it's fine for the summer when your skin naturally prodcues more oil. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by AndreaAlabi

I was looking for a new foundation for a special event and I didn't want to spend that much money. I LOVE my Revlon Colorstay foundation but I wanted to try something new (silly me) and this little guy had great reviews. I went for it and got it, I didn't have problems with this the night of the event (my skin didn't look flawless like with the Revlon one, but it was ok).
After that night (back in April) I have tried everything to make this foundation work. EVERYTHING. I have tried applying it with every single foundation brush you can think of, I have tried a Beauty Blender, my fingers, everything!! No matter what I do it always ends up looking like I have a ton of makeup on my face! And let's not forget about the residue that it leaves on your face after applying it! (maybe its the primer that's built in??) Regardless, It makes your skin look dry and awful.
I just don't understand how everyone likes this foundation so much, for me there's nothing much to like! Just make sure you try it first, go home, see how it looks on your face after a couple hours and then make a decission.