April 17, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Enigmatique 135

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ejstringer

I found this to be a very flattering colour on me, it accented my hazel eyes beautifully. Nice formula that goes on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I already bought one of the Fall 2013 Rouge Allure lipsticks, (132 Impulsive, which is a GORGEOUS warm fuchsia) but although I love it, it is not a fall/winter colour. I found this on a bit strange in the tube, but once on it's so beautiful!! It's a dark pink with hints of brown and berry. Normally colours like this look crap on me but this one... Oh myyyy, so pretty! The packaging is very luxurious, it smells nice (without being overbearing) and the feel of the lipstick is perfect, like always with Chanel. Only con is that, like reviewer below has already mentioned, your lips need to be in good condition. Due to the metallic shimmer flakiness on your lips is not an option.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is yet another product from Rouge Moire Collection Fall 2013. Who doesn't love Lisa Eldridge? To love her you may even be blind, just listen. She does it more effective than a snake charmer! Looking at her doing her own makeup makes you believe that you'll pull off whatever she looks gorgeous wearing. Nope.
Lisa posted a video on her website sporting that fancy red nail polish and making a contemporary red lip with Enigmatique and promising that this neutral soft brownish red flashing pink will suit almost everyone. Probably she forgot me ;) well, she looked truly gorgeous, as usual. But this colour turned a disaster for me. Firstly, the contrast between the colour and the pearl made it look cheap. Secondly, all I could see was my scary wrinkled almost chapped looking lips. Well they are not baby's lips at 40+ let's be honest but they are by no means THAT bad! And they are not chapped at all. And thirdly, this leans brown much more than pink on me, making me look ridiculous. I wish I could look at Lisa's lips closely before buying it.
I really can not figure what went wrong about Enigmatique, Impulsive is of the same quality and looks fantastic and polished maybe because the pearl compliments the colour. Well if you still fancy Lisa's look, try it on your own lips first. Enigmatique was released to become part of the permanent line, so you'll still have plenty of time. Me, never ever