The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

on 2/25/2015 4:09:00 AM

On to my second bottle of this. Purchased after going off of my Elemis cleanser, didn't feel it was doing as good a job as originally and when I saw the price of this and the reviews and recommendations from bloggers, had to try it. So glad I did, its the most amazing cleanser, takes off any kind of mascara/eye make up, whether waterproof or not. Yes a little leaky sometimes but such a minor problem for such a brilliant product. I recommend it to everyone. I usually take 2 pumps in a cupped palm rub my hands together, rub over my face and into my eyelashes, back to the face to let it work on the eye make up and then a final rub all over and then remove with a damp muslin. Squeaky clean every time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

A really great cleanser for a really low price. Comparable to the Eve Lom cleanser in its oily base and moisturising qualities.

Pros:
- Removes make up exceptionally well. Even better than Eve Lom I'd say.
- Very pleasant, calming fragrance
- Not harsh on skin
- You can see the make up melting off your face

Cons:
- Not a particularly luxurious product
- The pump is very aggressive ! I'm not sure if this is just my one but it really is quite difficult to catch all the product as it spits it out into my hand

Definitely the best low-end cleanser I've ever tried!

on 2/8/2015 3:31:00 AM

a beauty blogger reccomended this product so I thought I would give it a try. the cleansing oil gets rid of my make up so gently that I prefer using this over wipes. I prefer to first apply it on a cotton pad as to see all my make up actually getting picked. one of the only problems I have with this though is that the dispenser is a little Leakey making my bottle a little slipperry but other than that it's one of the best cleansing oils I've tried. definitely a thumbs up

on 2/5/2015 3:30:00 PM

I'm relatively new to using oils so I can't compare to other cleansing oils, but this leaves my skin feeling clean without leaving it dry, red, or stretchy. I generally use it in the evening after using a makeup remover (like bioderma's sensibio) to take off my mascara. I will definitely be buying this again, as it isn't drying and gentle enough for irritation-prone skin.

on 2/4/2015 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok, I am honestly really impressed with this product. I bought it on a whim, during one of The Body Shop's sales. I had been using coconut oil as makeup remover for a while, following up with another cleanser, but I figured for the price I might as well give this a shot. I am blown away. I wear a LOT of makeup. Primer, foundation, contour, highlight, blush, bronzer, multiple eyeshadows, 2-3 mascaras, the list goes on and on. I have never met a cleanser that could remove all of it in one go, and to be honest I never really expected them to. But this does! I do have to spend a good time massaging it in, about 30-45 seconds, but once I rinse there's not a trace left! Even waterproof makeup! I have eliminated my second cleanser from my nighttime routine, and best of all my skin never feels stripped and tight after cleansing. I have dry skin, so that's nothing short of a miracle! I will say that the fragrance can be a bit overpowering, and this cleanser would improve a great deal without it, but even that isn't worth docking a star for. I honestly look forward to using this, which is a first! The Body Shop always has great sales, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.

on 1/16/2015 3:41:00 PM

I am hooked.

I find Body Shop skin care products to be hit or miss, but this is definitely jack-pot for me. I've bought it after I've watched a review on Youtube and I think this is the most pleased I've been with a skin-related product for a long time. I've been using the trusty Bioderma to remove my makeup, but after starting to use this, it's been pushed to a corner to perform a lazy morning cleanser.

The pump packaging is very practical, you don't get the bottle oily at all. One pump is more than enough for the amount of makeup I tend to wear; but if I have heavy mascara-eyeliner on, I'll use half another pump just for the eyes. You massage it in, which is a time I enjoy and feel like I'm pampering myself, and then you rinse it off. I haven't experienced any residue when I use just water, but I like to use a wet soft flannel to exfoliate my face gently while wiping the oil. It takes everything off, I've tried going over with with Bioderma and the cotton was clean.

It's not a moisturizing oil, I don't feel my skin is nourished after the cleanse but that's not what I was looking for, so that's not a con for me. It's very gentle, didn't break me out at all and it last for AGES, so great value for money. Highly recommended.

on 1/15/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i cant find a single reason to not love this product, but here are some of my opinions on why you should get a hand on it:
1. the price is so cheap for a bottle which will last me for more than 6 months
2. it is so gentle, it does not even irritate my eyes unlike some makeup wipes
3. it cleanses your makeup entirely, even your most stubborn waterproof mascara and leaves you with a silk-smooth skin
4. the bottle has a pump which i find so much more convenient and easier to control the desired amount

on 12/27/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I purchased The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil about six months ago. I bought it during a sale so I didn't pay full price.

I'll make it short, the product itself is amazing. I LOVE IT! Takes off all my makeup and makes my face as soft as a baby's bottom. The product is well priced and lasts for a really long time. A little goes a long way. I like to apply it to clean fingers and start with my eyes and then my face. Then wash off with cold water. I do it twice to make sure I get everything off. Pleasant light scent and feels very luxurious. Sounds perfect right? One big problem...the packaging. I placed the bottle on my bathroom sink and I had to clean the area it was in daily! The bottle itself was always oily. I cleaned and cleaned and it would just always have oil around it. Im not talking about a little oil no I thought the bottle had a hole somewhere. I thought I got a defective bottle and bought a new one and had the same issue, not as bad as the first bottle but still oily. I really feel like the pump leaks oil every time it's pumped. I ended up putting the product in empty Lush containers and I'm liking it better but it's so annoying. I love the product but I'm not interested in repackaging it.

So to sum it a all up awesome product messy packing. This oil gets everywhere! I put it in a freezer bag and put it in my luggage and it seeped through the bag. If you're not interested in finding your oil a new home don't bother. Place this on a sink or glass because it will stain your furniture.

I will not repurchase because of the inconvenient packaging. It's really really messy!

on 12/24/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sorry, a voice of dissent here. This was OK as a cleanser, but I didn't like the strong scent, which lingers even after your wash off the product. If you're scent-sensitive like me, be careful. A secondary problem is that the pump kinda squirts out the oil all over the place.

on 12/17/2014 7:00:00 AM

I'm just in love with this product! I am officially a convert from face wipes and micellar waters.
This is the first cleansing oil I have ever used, and it's the only cleansing oil I ever want to use! I don't want to try anything else! I don't need to.
This removes ALL your make up, even stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara, trust me. I take two pumps into CLEAN hands and massage it into a full face of makeup. It's important, for me anyway, to make sure your hands and face are DRY because it makes the product so much more effective! It feels a bit strange at first but you learn to love it!
I massage around my whole face and leave my eyes last to avoid the panda face til the last gasp! I really take my time and massage every nook and cranny to ensure all the makeup is dissolved.
I get my hands wet after a couple of minutes and massage with WET hands and this breaks down the oil and turns it into a milky consistency!
Lastly, I get a hot wet flannel and wipe my face clean!
This whole process is honestly my favourite part of my day. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean and although I do go in with a second cleanser to ensure all my pores all clean, I don't really think it's necessary because my skin always feels so fresh after using this!
Before using this product I was scared it would cause a crazy break out of spots as I am spot prone but it hasn't at all! In fact I think it's helped against spots as it cleans my face so effectively.
I will repurchase this cleanser again and again. It's inexpensive (10) and easily accessible. The packaging is cute and efficient and hygienic (comes in a pump dispenser) and it last you a long time!
I can sing it's praises enough! It's changed my skin for the better!