The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

on 6/20/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love this cleansing oil. I'm a follower of Caroline Hirons blog, and I follow her advice on double cleansing (check her out if you haven't already, following her advice has COMPLETELY changed my skin) and use this oil as a first cleanse or a morning cleanse. It completely removes all makeup and leaves my skin so soft. I massage it onto dry skin and then wipe off with a warm wash cloth. Love the light scent and it doesn't break me out at all.

on 6/10/2015 1:13:00 AM

For reference, I have acne prone sensitive fair skin. For whatever reason, I cannot use any sort of oil on my face. As a result, my skin was irritated and dry and oily at the same time regardless of whatever oil I used as moisturizer or however I diluted the oil. This cleanser is hands down the absolute best I have we've found! I believe I've repurchased at least 3 times so far. It removes makeup so well and leaves the skin soft and cleansed. It also seems to have reduced any irritation and dryness, as well as my blackheads! I wish it lasted longer, but that could be because it doubles as my general makeup remover. Overall, a fantastic product for every skin type!

on 6/8/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this oil! So perfect for completely removing make up as well as giving a refreshing feeling when applying it when you wake up in the morning. This leaves my skin feeling so smooth and I have also noticed the way it tones my skin, and has cleared my spot scars! One bottle comes with a lot of product, so lasts very long, and the pump makes it so easy to use! This has definitely become my every day cleanser for when I wake up and when I finish my day to remove my make up! This is so much better than using wipes to remove make up, as it doesn't leave any extra traces of make up. I will definitely be purchasing this again, and the price is worth the amount of product you get! This is so far my favourite Body Shop product!

on 5/26/2015 4:59:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite Body Shop products. I bought it in the winter when my skin gets dry, and I was hoping for a cleanser that left my skin feeling soft and took my makeup (especially eye makeup) off. This works so well. I put a pump or two of the oil in my hands, rub it all over my face, concentrating a bit more around my eyes, and a moment later I rinse it all off with water. It does a great job of removing makeup -- following with a cotton pad of witch hazel or toner, I see no leftover foundation -- and my skin felt softer and less dry all winter long. It even breaks down heavy eye makeup really well.

This thing is THE bomb dot com. I've been using this for over 6 months and I'm not through with it yet. I use just one pump of this even if I have heavy make-up on. It removes aaaall the waterproof stuff. After I pump it onto my hand, I massage it into my dry face for about 3-5 minutes. This dissolves all the make-up. Warning: you make look like a panda during this step, so be prepared to look at your panda face in the mirror. After that, I wet my hands a little bit with water, then massage my face again. This emulsifies the oil so it turns into more of a cleanser rather than a dissolving agent. Lastly, I rinse it off as much as I can, then wipe my face with a towel (use a towel dedicated to this step because some of the make-up still left on your face might get on the towel). So yeah, it removes all the make-up off, and it feels really silky when you massage it onto your face. I can't complain about the flowery smell either. It might be strong for some, but I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like about this is that when I rub my mascara off, then open my eyes, my eyes become foggy because some of the liquid got in there. It doesn't sting at all, but it does bug me a little because it can be hard to see. Another thing is that the packaging sort of leaks, even if I just keep it on my bathroom shelf. How the heck does that happen? Oh, also, be careful about the twisty part of it. It might break if you try too hard to twist it the other way. It would be good for them to put clearer directions on which direction to twist towards so we don't break it. The last thing is that it kind of squirts out the product a little too much for me. Sometimes, some of the product squirts onto places that are not my hand, so some of the product is wasted. Overall, the product is really really really good, except for the making-my-eyes-foggy thing. I don't care too much for the packaging either. Still, it's worth the price for the amount of product you're getting.

on 5/1/2015 1:29:00 PM

I've repurchased this product several times and I still swear by it. Helps remove all of your makeup without drying your face out. It even adds a bit of moisture and calms your skin. Love this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just as good as the Mac Oil and Clinique Balm in my opinion. Doesn't irritate one bit.
Worlds better than Dior, Lierac, Kanebo which are the other cleansing oils I've tried over the years. Great price too, I'm on my second bottle, will buy a 3rd.

on 4/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleansing oil for the price! The texture is a little thicker than some other cleansing oils I've tried, which I enjoy. Get it during one of The Body Shop's sales - it can be very inexpensive. So far, I've tried Shiseido, Face Shop, Kanebo, and Shu Uemura cleansing oils. Shiseido has been my favorite (it seems to cleanse my pores better) but this is a great affordable alternative.

on 3/12/2015 8:14:00 PM

This oil is great at removing my makeup except for a particularly tough waterproof mascara. It smells good and doesn't leave the face feeling greasy. The pump makes everything a bit messy as the oil just shoots out of it too fast. Overall I would repurchase because I find it works just as well as the more expensive cleansing oils I have tried from Boscia and costs less.

on 3/5/2015 12:48:00 PM

As a lover of cleansing oils and balms I tried this out as a cheaper alternative to some of the higher end brands. There are definitely a few pros and cons to this product:

Pros
- Excellent price compared to other products on the market
- Its not heavily fragranced and worked well on my sensitive skin
- Breaks down even waterproof makeup very well

Cons
- I felt like it left a greasy film on my face
- A second cleanse with a lighter product was a must

All in all its a good product that I want to love but I much prefer the Camomile Balm in the same range which I feel has all of the same benefits without the greasy film after feeling.