January 27, 2015 | 1016 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kepito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am hooked.

I find Body Shop skin care products to be hit or miss, but this is definitely jack-pot for me. I've bought it after I've watched a review on Youtube and I think this is the most pleased I've been with a skin-related product for a long time. I've been using the trusty Bioderma to remove my makeup, but after starting to use this, it's been pushed to a corner to perform a lazy morning cleanser.

The pump packaging is very practical, you don't get the bottle oily at all. One pump is more than enough for the amount of makeup I tend to wear; but if I have heavy mascara-eyeliner on, I'll use half another pump just for the eyes. You massage it in, which is a time I enjoy and feel like I'm pampering myself, and then you rinse it off. I haven't experienced any residue when I use just water, but I like to use a wet soft flannel to exfoliate my face gently while wiping the oil. It takes everything off, I've tried going over with with Bioderma and the cotton was clean.

It's not a moisturizing oil, I don't feel my skin is nourished after the cleanse but that's not what I was looking for, so that's not a con for me. It's very gentle, didn't break me out at all and it last for AGES, so great value for money. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 8:42:00 AM More reviews by pancakeslurp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i cant find a single reason to not love this product, but here are some of my opinions on why you should get a hand on it:
1. the price is so cheap for a bottle which will last me for more than 6 months
2. it is so gentle, it does not even irritate my eyes unlike some makeup wipes
3. it cleanses your makeup entirely, even your most stubborn waterproof mascara and leaves you with a silk-smooth skin
4. the bottle has a pump which i find so much more convenient and easier to control the desired amount

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Aubreyxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil about six months ago. I bought it during a sale so I didn't pay full price.

I'll make it short, the product itself is amazing. I LOVE IT! Takes off all my makeup and makes my face as soft as a baby's bottom. The product is well priced and lasts for a really long time. A little goes a long way. I like to apply it to clean fingers and start with my eyes and then my face. Then wash off with cold water. I do it twice to make sure I get everything off. Pleasant light scent and feels very luxurious. Sounds perfect right? One big problem...the packaging. I placed the bottle on my bathroom sink and I had to clean the area it was in daily! The bottle itself was always oily. I cleaned and cleaned and it would just always have oil around it. Im not talking about a little oil no I thought the bottle had a hole somewhere. I thought I got a defective bottle and bought a new one and had the same issue, not as bad as the first bottle but still oily. I really feel like the pump leaks oil every time it's pumped. I ended up putting the product in empty Lush containers and I'm liking it better but it's so annoying. I love the product but I'm not interested in repackaging it.

So to sum it a all up awesome product messy packing. This oil gets everywhere! I put it in a freezer bag and put it in my luggage and it seeped through the bag. If you're not interested in finding your oil a new home don't bother. Place this on a sink or glass because it will stain your furniture.

I will not repurchase because of the inconvenient packaging. It's really really messy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry, a voice of dissent here. This was OK as a cleanser, but I didn't like the strong scent, which lingers even after your wash off the product. If you're scent-sensitive like me, be careful. A secondary problem is that the pump kinda squirts out the oil all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by nataliel1994

I'm just in love with this product! I am officially a convert from face wipes and micellar waters.
This is the first cleansing oil I have ever used, and it's the only cleansing oil I ever want to use! I don't want to try anything else! I don't need to.
This removes ALL your make up, even stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara, trust me. I take two pumps into CLEAN hands and massage it into a full face of makeup. It's important, for me anyway, to make sure your hands and face are DRY because it makes the product so much more effective! It feels a bit strange at first but you learn to love it!
I massage around my whole face and leave my eyes last to avoid the panda face til the last gasp! I really take my time and massage every nook and cranny to ensure all the makeup is dissolved.
I get my hands wet after a couple of minutes and massage with WET hands and this breaks down the oil and turns it into a milky consistency!
Lastly, I get a hot wet flannel and wipe my face clean!
This whole process is honestly my favourite part of my day. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean and although I do go in with a second cleanser to ensure all my pores all clean, I don't really think it's necessary because my skin always feels so fresh after using this!
Before using this product I was scared it would cause a crazy break out of spots as I am spot prone but it hasn't at all! In fact I think it's helped against spots as it cleans my face so effectively.
I will repurchase this cleanser again and again. It's inexpensive (10) and easily accessible. The packaging is cute and efficient and hygienic (comes in a pump dispenser) and it last you a long time!
I can sing it's praises enough! It's changed my skin for the better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm almost done with my first bottle and it has lasted me for a few months now. I use it almost everyday, mainly to take off my eye makeup. I have used it to take off my face makeup on a few occasions, and I must admit that it does a better job than the typical drugstore makeup wipes I use.

When it comes to eyeliners and mascaras, I only use waterproof because I have incredibly oily skin and lids. This does take off all of my eye makeup, but it's not like it does it in one sweeping motion, like some have claimed it doing. I typically use one cotton pad per eye with two pumps of oil per pad, settle it on my eye for a few seconds, wipe, and then go back with an oil-drenched q-tip to further take off the mascara. Considering there are drugstore eye-makeup removers that are just as effective for less, I think I'll just stick with those and maybe purchase this product only when it's on sale.

Although I have oily skin, since I do always cleanse after using this product, I don't have a problem with feeling greasy or anything like that.

Pros:
-Effective in taking off waterproof and smudge-proof eye makeup
-Doesn't irritate my eyes or skin

Cons:
-Pump pumps out a lot of product, not controllable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This cleansing oil is very good. It is definitely one of my HGs. It's very natural and good for sensitive skin. You may not like the faint camomile scent at first but you get used to it. And if you look at the ingredients, they're all natural, as opposed to say L'Oreal cleansing oils. It takes off all your waterproof eye makeup to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lunarparque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! I use it as the first step in my double cleansing routine. It does a great job at removing makeup, much better than any milky cleansers I've ever used. The formula is very gentle and non-irritant, great for anyone with very sensitive skin or rosacea like me. After rinsing this cleanser off, my face isn't red as usual but actually feels clean, soothed, and well-prepared for the rest of my cleansing routine.
The only downside to this product would be its packaging. I have to hold the bottle horizontally with the pump dispenser facing my hand, because if I keep the bottle standing up the dispenser will squirt product onto my shirt, not my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

I am quite new in that oil cleanser stuff and my first try is this product. I was that it has more than 4.0 ratings and I wanted to give a go. Because it is pure oil, it is dissolving any make up you have worn in a second. You can mix it with water to make an emulsion. I personally prefer to put some water on my face first and then apply the oil on my face directly. I am no so much fan of camomile so smell is not best but not disturbing. After dissolving your make up you should wash it out very well (It is literally dissolving everything on your eyes and melting down on your under eye area... ). Price is affordable and packaging is simple. I had a small accident with its pump and it drove me crazy; I locked the pump but still some of the oil came out to my couch!!!
Pros:
-Effective to remove all make up
-It doesnt need so much product to remove your whole make up
-It is an affordable product with long consumption time scale
-It doesnt have intense smell
-Packaging is simple

Cons:
-Dont trust lock on the pump
-If you have a contact lens on your eye, after usage you may get a blurry vision due to oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

Found this so much better than Clinique's ttdo cleansing balm. Lighter, easier to dispense and use. Lovely mild scent. I follow up with a second gentle non-foaming cleanser. Would repurchase.