July 30, 2014 | 1588 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by worrly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to find a cleansing oil you could buy in store instead of online. Alas, it performed like a cheap mineral oil based cleanser even though it's comprised of plant oils. I don't think there is an emulsifying agent as it did not turn milky when I added water and did not rinse off even with my Body Shop Flannel Cloth, the cleanser would not come off.

I ended up getting ear zits because of this cleanser. I would recommend this for those with dry skin (even though I have dry skin I found it very heavy and greasy) or those wearing heavy stage makeup that usually requires cold cream to remove. This would be a good alternative. You might also want to follow with a foam cleanser to make sure you get all the oil off. It doesn't clean makeup very well but maybe I needed to rub it longer to break it up. Just not used to it taking so long compared to other brands.

Also there seems to be something wrong with my bottle pump. Every time I pumped some out, it would go back to lock mode so I always had to unlock for every use. Because I couldn't remember which way it turns, it would be a pain every time to try to get oil out. It does have a pleasant mild flowery scent I didn't mind. I don't care for scented products in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought as a cheap alternative to dermalogica pre cleanse which I use regularly but wanted something cheaper and similarly effective. The scent is pleasant and the oil does a great job at removing make up and cleansing the skin. It has a pump which does tend to over squirt but I don't mind too much as it is not an expensive oil. I massage this into my face and then add water to emulsify and rinse off with a facecloth. Clean skin with no greasy residue or tightness. This cost ten pounds so less than half the price of the dermalogica and you get more ml for your money. The results are identical. I have sensitive skin but no adverse reaction to this, no redness, raised bumps or dryness. I really like the scent and the packaging is appealing except for the wonky pump. Been using it for three months now and am well impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have often heard people say that, since L'Oreal bought out The Body Shop, the quality of their products has dwindled. Although the ethics of the L'Oreal takeover are questionable (I'm not going into that here), I think that The Body Shop have come up with far more innovative products since the takeover and that this is a prime example of one of them. This cleansing oil is wonderful and is comparable to many high end products I have used. I am trying to find more cost effective products and, as The Body Shop's website are constantly having 40% off offers, I usually pick this up for 6.00. The silky oil removes all makeup, including eye makeup, and leaves no oily residue when rinsed. It has a delicate and pretty fragrance, which makes it a pleasure to use. I personally like to massage the cleanser into my face, exfoliate with my Clarisonic Mia and then remove any excess with a muslin cloth. The best thing about it is that it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin, even around my eye area which is particularly prone to redness and irritation. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I tried this cleansing oil for 2 weeks (I had a sample).
It smells very nice, it is rich when you put it on your palms and it glides on your skin and you can have a nice facial massage.
It rinses clean, no oil residue.
But after 2 week of using it in the night , I have dry skin eventhough usually my skin is combi/oily.
I would try it again soon but for the moment I will use something else.
Overall I was pleased with it: no pimples, no blackheads, no oiliness but is just the dry skin that bothers me.
Still this is a good oil that worths trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Diiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination, acne prone skin and tend to break out from lots of products, so Im always on hunt for something that doesn't aggravate my skin.

I bought this cleanser after reading Caroline's recommendation. Oh-ma-God. This is hands down, the BEST cleansing oil I've ever tried. It removes any eye make up without rubbing and tucking. It also removes my face make up effortlessly. I take about to pumps, apply it on dry face, start with my eyes and onto the rest of the face and then flannel it off. You're left with soft, smooth and clean face. My face feels so moisturised.
It has a calm and nice scent, which I really love.

I can't recommend this stuff enough. I will definitely buy this stuff again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is perfect for removing your makeup - I mean all of it, waterproof eye makeup, the lot! I got this on offer for 5 using one of the online body shop deals which is a steal. I've had no irritation or breakouts from this, it rinses clean and I follow up with a second cleanse - maybe a balm or gel cleanser depending on what my skin needs. One issue is that the bottle isn't travel friendly, although the pump does twist and lock, the oil seeps out of the bottle. When I can get it on offer, I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Freddiew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tend to opt for higher end products for my face and have left body shop products for, well, the body! However, I was turned onto this via Caroline Hirons website. I bought it as part of a gift set along with the cleansing balm. Both are great and I double cleanse using the oil first, flannel it off, then the balm and flannel that off too. I have sensitive skin and rosacea and I don't get the slightest sting from either product. It takes off everything and doesn't have an overpowering scent. It just works well and doesn't cost a bomb. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by beecky

Amazing stuff. I have very dry skin that is very easily congested and irritated. This cleansing oil really deep cleans and moisturizes at the same time. It doesn't leave your skin feeling stripped and tight like other cleansers which I really like. I apply this on dry skin, rub it in for about a minute, and rinse with very warm water ( warm enough to cause steam to open pores ). I then get a little more and rub it in with the water on my face to emulsify it for about another 30 seconds. I then fully rinse, occasionally using a washcloth to wipe it off in order to exfoliate a couple times a week. My face is left feeling super clean but not stripped of moisture. I've been using this cleanser for about 6 months and it's my HG, every time I've stopped using it I breakout and my
skin gets very dehydrated. I hope they never discontinue this !! I feel like it's great for every skin type, as it is very balancing and soothing. The pump top is great too. Try it, it's seriously amazing !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by gunnk91

Was always a bit scared of using oils purely because my skin is a bit oily. However after reading caroline hirons a bit more recently and saw she had reviewed them - saying the butter may cause acne/spots and the oil was lovely - I thought I'd try it when my clarins pure melt cleansing gel (which caroline also had mentioned had mineral oil in eek!) had run out. The smell is lovely and feels so nice on your skin. One pump for my eyes 2 pumps for my face, take off with warm flannel makes your skin feel so soft. It does sting a little on my eyes but maybe I haven't got them shut enough, and my only bad point is the packaging, it's nice to see how much you've got however the pump kind of squirts it all up the wall! But apart from that its lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Sunshynesss

Ahmazing!!! For reference I have oily/combination skin with a ton of clogged pores. Been searching for years for a cleanser that removes all my makeup but doesnt completely strip my skin. Well I finally found it! After only 4 days my skin is soft, hydrated and super clean. My clogged pores are clearing out with little to no effort, this stuff disolves clogs like nothing else. If u have congested skin this is a must try. Follow the directions, use oil on dry face and rub all over, add water to emulsify then rinse. You may feel as though it doesnt rinse off completely but it does. There is no need to use another cleanser after. Also this removes liquid eyeliner and mascara in a flash. Please try this u will not be dissapointed!