December 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by nataliel1994

I'm just in love with this product! I am officially a convert from face wipes and micellar waters.
This is the first cleansing oil I have ever used, and it's the only cleansing oil I ever want to use! I don't want to try anything else! I don't need to.
This removes ALL your make up, even stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara, trust me. I take two pumps into CLEAN hands and massage it into a full face of makeup. It's important, for me anyway, to make sure your hands and face are DRY because it makes the product so much more effective! It feels a bit strange at first but you learn to love it!
I massage around my whole face and leave my eyes last to avoid the panda face til the last gasp! I really take my time and massage every nook and cranny to ensure all the makeup is dissolved.
I get my hands wet after a couple of minutes and massage with WET hands and this breaks down the oil and turns it into a milky consistency!
Lastly, I get a hot wet flannel and wipe my face clean!
This whole process is honestly my favourite part of my day. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean and although I do go in with a second cleanser to ensure all my pores all clean, I don't really think it's necessary because my skin always feels so fresh after using this!
Before using this product I was scared it would cause a crazy break out of spots as I am spot prone but it hasn't at all! In fact I think it's helped against spots as it cleans my face so effectively.
I will repurchase this cleanser again and again. It's inexpensive (10) and easily accessible. The packaging is cute and efficient and hygienic (comes in a pump dispenser) and it last you a long time!
I can sing it's praises enough! It's changed my skin for the better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm almost done with my first bottle and it has lasted me for a few months now. I use it almost everyday, mainly to take off my eye makeup. I have used it to take off my face makeup on a few occasions, and I must admit that it does a better job than the typical drugstore makeup wipes I use.

When it comes to eyeliners and mascaras, I only use waterproof because I have incredibly oily skin and lids. This does take off all of my eye makeup, but it's not like it does it in one sweeping motion, like some have claimed it doing. I typically use one cotton pad per eye with two pumps of oil per pad, settle it on my eye for a few seconds, wipe, and then go back with an oil-drenched q-tip to further take off the mascara. Considering there are drugstore eye-makeup removers that are just as effective for less, I think I'll just stick with those and maybe purchase this product only when it's on sale.

Although I have oily skin, since I do always cleanse after using this product, I don't have a problem with feeling greasy or anything like that.

Pros:
-Effective in taking off waterproof and smudge-proof eye makeup
-Doesn't irritate my eyes or skin

Cons:
-Pump pumps out a lot of product, not controllable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by camelias

This cleansing oil is very good. It is definitely one of my HGs. It's very natural and good for sensitive skin. You may not like the faint camomile scent at first but you get used to it. And if you look at the ingredients, they're all natural, as opposed to say L'Oreal cleansing oils. It takes off all your waterproof eye makeup to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lunarparque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! I use it as the first step in my double cleansing routine. It does a great job at removing makeup, much better than any milky cleansers I've ever used. The formula is very gentle and non-irritant, great for anyone with very sensitive skin or rosacea like me. After rinsing this cleanser off, my face isn't red as usual but actually feels clean, soothed, and well-prepared for the rest of my cleansing routine.
The only downside to this product would be its packaging. I have to hold the bottle horizontally with the pump dispenser facing my hand, because if I keep the bottle standing up the dispenser will squirt product onto my shirt, not my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

I am quite new in that oil cleanser stuff and my first try is this product. I was that it has more than 4.0 ratings and I wanted to give a go. Because it is pure oil, it is dissolving any make up you have worn in a second. You can mix it with water to make an emulsion. I personally prefer to put some water on my face first and then apply the oil on my face directly. I am no so much fan of camomile so smell is not best but not disturbing. After dissolving your make up you should wash it out very well (It is literally dissolving everything on your eyes and melting down on your under eye area... ). Price is affordable and packaging is simple. I had a small accident with its pump and it drove me crazy; I locked the pump but still some of the oil came out to my couch!!!
Pros:
-Effective to remove all make up
-It doesnt need so much product to remove your whole make up
-It is an affordable product with long consumption time scale
-It doesnt have intense smell
-Packaging is simple

Cons:
-Dont trust lock on the pump
-If you have a contact lens on your eye, after usage you may get a blurry vision due to oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

Found this so much better than Clinique's ttdo cleansing balm. Lighter, easier to dispense and use. Lovely mild scent. I follow up with a second gentle non-foaming cleanser. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nezat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser didn't break out my acne prone skin at all! It did its job of removing make up in one go and didn't strip the top layer of my skin, which in my case only causes acne. After use my skin always felt properly cleansed, smooth, hydrated, nourished and calmed (due to the camomile), so the perfect base to apply a hydrating serum on to and go to bed (after a cleansing oil I find a serum is enough as the oil does the nourishing bit and therefore a pore-clogging cream isn't necessary any more).

My only concern with this product was that if it got into my eyes it reeeeeeally stung and gave me red eyes for hours to come, which is why I am looking for a new cleansing oil now that I have finished this bottle (I tried L'oreal Miracle Cleansing Oil and it broke me out horribly as it is basically mineral oil and perfume). Also, I wish this product wouldn't contain perfume.

The packaging is a bit annoying to travel with as the bottle still leeks, even if the tap is turned 'off'.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by worrly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to find a cleansing oil you could buy in store instead of online. Alas, it performed like a cheap mineral oil based cleanser even though it's comprised of plant oils. I don't think there is an emulsifying agent as it did not turn milky when I added water and did not rinse off even with my Body Shop Flannel Cloth, the cleanser would not come off.

I ended up getting ear zits because of this cleanser. I would recommend this for those with dry skin (even though I have dry skin I found it very heavy and greasy) or those wearing heavy stage makeup that usually requires cold cream to remove. This would be a good alternative. You might also want to follow with a foam cleanser to make sure you get all the oil off. It doesn't clean makeup very well but maybe I needed to rub it longer to break it up. Just not used to it taking so long compared to other brands.

Also there seems to be something wrong with my bottle pump. Every time I pumped some out, it would go back to lock mode so I always had to unlock for every use. Because I couldn't remember which way it turns, it would be a pain every time to try to get oil out. It does have a pleasant mild flowery scent I didn't mind. I don't care for scented products in general.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought as a cheap alternative to dermalogica pre cleanse which I use regularly but wanted something cheaper and similarly effective. The scent is pleasant and the oil does a great job at removing make up and cleansing the skin. It has a pump which does tend to over squirt but I don't mind too much as it is not an expensive oil. I massage this into my face and then add water to emulsify and rinse off with a facecloth. Clean skin with no greasy residue or tightness. This cost ten pounds so less than half the price of the dermalogica and you get more ml for your money. The results are identical. I have sensitive skin but no adverse reaction to this, no redness, raised bumps or dryness. I really like the scent and the packaging is appealing except for the wonky pump. Been using it for three months now and am well impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have often heard people say that, since L'Oreal bought out The Body Shop, the quality of their products has dwindled. Although the ethics of the L'Oreal takeover are questionable (I'm not going into that here), I think that The Body Shop have come up with far more innovative products since the takeover and that this is a prime example of one of them. This cleansing oil is wonderful and is comparable to many high end products I have used. I am trying to find more cost effective products and, as The Body Shop's website are constantly having 40% off offers, I usually pick this up for 6.00. The silky oil removes all makeup, including eye makeup, and leaves no oily residue when rinsed. It has a delicate and pretty fragrance, which makes it a pleasure to use. I personally like to massage the cleanser into my face, exfoliate with my Clarisonic Mia and then remove any excess with a muslin cloth. The best thing about it is that it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin, even around my eye area which is particularly prone to redness and irritation. I will definitely be repurchasing.