The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

on 3/5/2015 12:48:00 PM

As a lover of cleansing oils and balms I tried this out as a cheaper alternative to some of the higher end brands. There are definitely a few pros and cons to this product:

Pros
- Excellent price compared to other products on the market
- Its not heavily fragranced and worked well on my sensitive skin
- Breaks down even waterproof makeup very well

Cons
- I felt like it left a greasy film on my face
- A second cleanse with a lighter product was a must

All in all its a good product that I want to love but I much prefer the Camomile Balm in the same range which I feel has all of the same benefits without the greasy film after feeling.

on 3/4/2015 11:55:00 AM

I was looking for an oil-type product to pre-cleanse, because my HG of many years, Clinique TTDO Balm, has started to feel way too expensive, considering how little it lasts. I mean, it's ridiculous, where I live, including our whooping taxes and everything, I end up paying $45 for it! Stupid...

So, I came across these reviews, and figured I'd buy and try this oil. After all, $25 is much better than $45! Especially since TBS often has promos and discounts. I wasn't really expecting to like it though, but I do!

The scent is ok, not pleasant not unpleasant, and it feels oilier than TTDO Balm. I put it on dry skin, massage it in, then rinse with water (at this point is sort of emulsifies slightly), then I follow with another regular cleanser.
I feel it leaves my skin less dry than the TTDO Balm (not that I had any complaints about that one), and I haven't gotten any ill effects from it - no irritation, no breakouts, no clogged pores. Yayy!

I do have the same problem others had with the nozzle (not the leaking part though!), the product shoots far out of the tube and it's runny enough to go down my hand, so I have to place my palm like a wall in front of the nozzle to stop the jet from getting on my clothes, but that's a tiny price to pay for an otherwise good product. I may even transfer it into a different bottle of cleanser I have, as soon as I finish that one, and that will eliminate the issue completely.

So, I am finally, after many years, giving up on the way overpriced Clinique TTDO Balm, in favor of this product! :D

on 3/3/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is not for me. It removes make up extremely well and extremely quickly but I couldn't use it for many days. Eventually I gave up on it, my skin was ok but I don't really like the feeling of the oil on my face. I much prefer a cream cleanser or balm. Smells like chamomile but the scent is not too strong.

The pump squirts product all over the place, so it gets messy. Also I would not trust that bottle for travelling. Doesn't seem to be designed for the purpose of carrying an oil! Will give 4 lippies, one lippie off for the packaging.

Even though it's not for me, I would recommend for oil cleansing method enthusiasts.

on 2/25/2015 4:09:00 AM

On to my second bottle of this. Purchased after going off of my Elemis cleanser, didn't feel it was doing as good a job as originally and when I saw the price of this and the reviews and recommendations from bloggers, had to try it. So glad I did, its the most amazing cleanser, takes off any kind of mascara/eye make up, whether waterproof or not. Yes a little leaky sometimes but such a minor problem for such a brilliant product. I recommend it to everyone. I usually take 2 pumps in a cupped palm rub my hands together, rub over my face and into my eyelashes, back to the face to let it work on the eye make up and then a final rub all over and then remove with a damp muslin. Squeaky clean every time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

A really great cleanser for a really low price. Comparable to the Eve Lom cleanser in its oily base and moisturising qualities.

Pros:
- Removes make up exceptionally well. Even better than Eve Lom I'd say.
- Very pleasant, calming fragrance
- Not harsh on skin
- You can see the make up melting off your face

Cons:
- Not a particularly luxurious product
- The pump is very aggressive ! I'm not sure if this is just my one but it really is quite difficult to catch all the product as it spits it out into my hand

Definitely the best low-end cleanser I've ever tried!

on 2/8/2015 3:31:00 AM

a beauty blogger reccomended this product so I thought I would give it a try. the cleansing oil gets rid of my make up so gently that I prefer using this over wipes. I prefer to first apply it on a cotton pad as to see all my make up actually getting picked. one of the only problems I have with this though is that the dispenser is a little Leakey making my bottle a little slipperry but other than that it's one of the best cleansing oils I've tried. definitely a thumbs up

on 2/5/2015 3:30:00 PM

I'm relatively new to using oils so I can't compare to other cleansing oils, but this leaves my skin feeling clean without leaving it dry, red, or stretchy. I generally use it in the evening after using a makeup remover (like bioderma's sensibio) to take off my mascara. I will definitely be buying this again, as it isn't drying and gentle enough for irritation-prone skin.

on 2/4/2015 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok, I am honestly really impressed with this product. I bought it on a whim, during one of The Body Shop's sales. I had been using coconut oil as makeup remover for a while, following up with another cleanser, but I figured for the price I might as well give this a shot. I am blown away. I wear a LOT of makeup. Primer, foundation, contour, highlight, blush, bronzer, multiple eyeshadows, 2-3 mascaras, the list goes on and on. I have never met a cleanser that could remove all of it in one go, and to be honest I never really expected them to. But this does! I do have to spend a good time massaging it in, about 30-45 seconds, but once I rinse there's not a trace left! Even waterproof makeup! I have eliminated my second cleanser from my nighttime routine, and best of all my skin never feels stripped and tight after cleansing. I have dry skin, so that's nothing short of a miracle! I will say that the fragrance can be a bit overpowering, and this cleanser would improve a great deal without it, but even that isn't worth docking a star for. I honestly look forward to using this, which is a first! The Body Shop always has great sales, give this a shot, you won't be disappointed.

on 1/16/2015 3:41:00 PM

I am hooked.

I find Body Shop skin care products to be hit or miss, but this is definitely jack-pot for me. I've bought it after I've watched a review on Youtube and I think this is the most pleased I've been with a skin-related product for a long time. I've been using the trusty Bioderma to remove my makeup, but after starting to use this, it's been pushed to a corner to perform a lazy morning cleanser.

The pump packaging is very practical, you don't get the bottle oily at all. One pump is more than enough for the amount of makeup I tend to wear; but if I have heavy mascara-eyeliner on, I'll use half another pump just for the eyes. You massage it in, which is a time I enjoy and feel like I'm pampering myself, and then you rinse it off. I haven't experienced any residue when I use just water, but I like to use a wet soft flannel to exfoliate my face gently while wiping the oil. It takes everything off, I've tried going over with with Bioderma and the cotton was clean.

It's not a moisturizing oil, I don't feel my skin is nourished after the cleanse but that's not what I was looking for, so that's not a con for me. It's very gentle, didn't break me out at all and it last for AGES, so great value for money. Highly recommended.

on 1/15/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i cant find a single reason to not love this product, but here are some of my opinions on why you should get a hand on it:
1. the price is so cheap for a bottle which will last me for more than 6 months
2. it is so gentle, it does not even irritate my eyes unlike some makeup wipes
3. it cleanses your makeup entirely, even your most stubborn waterproof mascara and leaves you with a silk-smooth skin
4. the bottle has a pump which i find so much more convenient and easier to control the desired amount