The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Polysorbate 85 (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sorbitan Trioleate (Surfactant-Emulsifying), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance/Essential Oil), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just as good as the Mac Oil and Clinique Balm in my opinion. Doesn't irritate one bit.
Worlds better than Dior, Lierac, Kanebo which are the other cleansing oils I've tried over the years. Great price too, I'm on my second bottle, will buy a 3rd.

on 4/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleansing oil for the price! The texture is a little thicker than some other cleansing oils I've tried, which I enjoy. Get it during one of The Body Shop's sales - it can be very inexpensive. So far, I've tried Shiseido, Face Shop, Kanebo, and Shu Uemura cleansing oils. Shiseido has been my favorite (it seems to cleanse my pores better) but this is a great affordable alternative.

on 3/12/2015 8:14:00 PM

This oil is great at removing my makeup except for a particularly tough waterproof mascara. It smells good and doesn't leave the face feeling greasy. The pump makes everything a bit messy as the oil just shoots out of it too fast. Overall I would repurchase because I find it works just as well as the more expensive cleansing oils I have tried from Boscia and costs less.

on 3/5/2015 12:48:00 PM

As a lover of cleansing oils and balms I tried this out as a cheaper alternative to some of the higher end brands. There are definitely a few pros and cons to this product:

Pros
- Excellent price compared to other products on the market
- Its not heavily fragranced and worked well on my sensitive skin
- Breaks down even waterproof makeup very well

Cons
- I felt like it left a greasy film on my face
- A second cleanse with a lighter product was a must

All in all its a good product that I want to love but I much prefer the Camomile Balm in the same range which I feel has all of the same benefits without the greasy film after feeling.

on 3/4/2015 11:55:00 AM

I was looking for an oil-type product to pre-cleanse, because my HG of many years, Clinique TTDO Balm, has started to feel way too expensive, considering how little it lasts. I mean, it's ridiculous, where I live, including our whooping taxes and everything, I end up paying $45 for it! Stupid...

So, I came across these reviews, and figured I'd buy and try this oil. After all, $25 is much better than $45! Especially since TBS often has promos and discounts. I wasn't really expecting to like it though, but I do!

The scent is ok, not pleasant not unpleasant, and it feels oilier than TTDO Balm. I put it on dry skin, massage it in, then rinse with water (at this point is sort of emulsifies slightly), then I follow with another regular cleanser.
I feel it leaves my skin less dry than the TTDO Balm (not that I had any complaints about that one), and I haven't gotten any ill effects from it - no irritation, no breakouts, no clogged pores. Yayy!

I do have the same problem others had with the nozzle (not the leaking part though!), the product shoots far out of the tube and it's runny enough to go down my hand, so I have to place my palm like a wall in front of the nozzle to stop the jet from getting on my clothes, but that's a tiny price to pay for an otherwise good product. I may even transfer it into a different bottle of cleanser I have, as soon as I finish that one, and that will eliminate the issue completely.

So, I am finally, after many years, giving up on the way overpriced Clinique TTDO Balm, in favor of this product! :D

on 3/3/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is not for me. It removes make up extremely well and extremely quickly but I couldn't use it for many days. Eventually I gave up on it, my skin was ok but I don't really like the feeling of the oil on my face. I much prefer a cream cleanser or balm. Smells like chamomile but the scent is not too strong.

The pump squirts product all over the place, so it gets messy. Also I would not trust that bottle for travelling. Doesn't seem to be designed for the purpose of carrying an oil! Will give 4 lippies, one lippie off for the packaging.

Even though it's not for me, I would recommend for oil cleansing method enthusiasts.

on 2/25/2015 4:09:00 AM

On to my second bottle of this. Purchased after going off of my Elemis cleanser, didn't feel it was doing as good a job as originally and when I saw the price of this and the reviews and recommendations from bloggers, had to try it. So glad I did, its the most amazing cleanser, takes off any kind of mascara/eye make up, whether waterproof or not. Yes a little leaky sometimes but such a minor problem for such a brilliant product. I recommend it to everyone. I usually take 2 pumps in a cupped palm rub my hands together, rub over my face and into my eyelashes, back to the face to let it work on the eye make up and then a final rub all over and then remove with a damp muslin. Squeaky clean every time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

A really great cleanser for a really low price. Comparable to the Eve Lom cleanser in its oily base and moisturising qualities.

Pros:
- Removes make up exceptionally well. Even better than Eve Lom I'd say.
- Very pleasant, calming fragrance
- Not harsh on skin
- You can see the make up melting off your face

Cons:
- Not a particularly luxurious product
- The pump is very aggressive ! I'm not sure if this is just my one but it really is quite difficult to catch all the product as it spits it out into my hand

Definitely the best low-end cleanser I've ever tried!

on 2/8/2015 3:31:00 AM

a beauty blogger reccomended this product so I thought I would give it a try. the cleansing oil gets rid of my make up so gently that I prefer using this over wipes. I prefer to first apply it on a cotton pad as to see all my make up actually getting picked. one of the only problems I have with this though is that the dispenser is a little Leakey making my bottle a little slipperry but other than that it's one of the best cleansing oils I've tried. definitely a thumbs up

on 2/5/2015 3:30:00 PM

I'm relatively new to using oils so I can't compare to other cleansing oils, but this leaves my skin feeling clean without leaving it dry, red, or stretchy. I generally use it in the evening after using a makeup remover (like bioderma's sensibio) to take off my mascara. I will definitely be buying this again, as it isn't drying and gentle enough for irritation-prone skin.