Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion

4.4

Water, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG 50 Stearate, Squalane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 11/19/2014 4:28:00 PM

I just went to repurchase and see it has been discontinued. If any former users with really sensitive but acne prone skin can suggest an alternative that hasn't clogged their pores or irritated, please post here so we can try something new.

In case they make it again, I'll say it was great. Light, doesn't irritate or clog pores.

on 7/16/2014 12:19:00 PM

It is unfortunate that this product was discontinued. Really. This would have been my all season lotion.

This would be too light for those with Dry skin, but for people who have Oily skin (produces a lot of shine) or average skin, this is great since it is light and non-greasy, but still moisturizing, easily absorbed by the skin. It has a thin consistency, like CeraVe lotion. A basic lotion.

Their facial cream, still being sold, is similar in ingredients but differs in amount used. For me, it leaves me more oily after a few hours. That version may be more suitable for those with dryer skin.

on 10/13/2012 11:45:00 AM

I have never used this on my face, as i am too paranoid about breaking out with my lifelong acne struggle. I have, however, used this on my chest, which is extremely breakout prone as well. I was at the end of my rope with this dry, flaky patch on my chest that kept itching and turning red. None of my other non-comedogenic moisturizers were touching it. I tried this out of desperation, figuring it would be a good test to see if I broke out from it. I did not, amazingly, and my skin immediately felt soothed, the patch is gone, and my skin literally feels like silk where i applied it. The real test will be in another couple of weeks, to see if it indeed does not break me out over the long term. So far, so good.

on 9/21/2012 5:01:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin. My skin was getting dry and flaky from using benzoyl peroxide and BHA. This lotion has a light gel-like consistency and soaks in really well. This doesn't clog my pores. I use it under my eyes, and it can even dissolve my makeup.

on 12/26/2010 1:23:00 AM

I have combination, acne-prone skin that isn't as oily as it used to be in my teen years. I also live in Texas- which can be very humid in the summers.

I'd shied away from moisturizers for most of my life, even when using the harshest, most drying cleansers- because the thick, greasy lotions made me rightfully paranoid about worsening breakouts.

Complex 15 is the best moisturizer I've found yet- and believe me, I've tried every single drugstore brand (and ones like Clinique and Proactiv) over the many, many years I've suffered from acne.

It is not tacky or sticky, it absorbs quickly and it doesn't make my face shiny. It's just the right amount of moisture- my face just feels normal, not too dry and it doesn't have that gross weighed-down feeling. It's a little too light to use under my eyes (I like to use a thicker moisturizer there to prevent wrinkles).

I have used it for months now and it hasn't worsened my breakouts at all- and since it balances my skin after cleansing, I don't get oily a few hours later.

My only complaint is that the packaging is kind of awkward- it easily goops out too much if you keep it stored upright. Otherwise- it is my HG face lotion!

on 7/27/2010 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this moisturizer for about 10+ years. I love it. It's the perfect gel like consistency. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy and look shiny. It's hard to find at local drugstores these days, so I always order it from www.Drugstore.com, along with my favorite cleanser Aquanil.

I love this product! Prior to this, I had tried Clinique DDML, Cetaphil, Cerave, Oil of Olay, and numerous other brands, but they all exacerbated my acne and oiliness. I love how lightweight and non-greasy this is, yet it was moisturizing enough for me when I was on low-dose accutane.

on 9/3/2008 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this product now for a couple of weeks i love its light gel like texture and it does not give my skin that suffocated feeling i get from heavier face creams. I also like the flip top for hygiene reasons and I'll defiantly be repurchasing for my 20+ hr flight home to Aus (from Canada) because it comes in a handy 100ml tube.

on 5/13/2008 11:00:00 AM

I've used this moisturizer off and on for years. Whenever I start using it again, I wonder why I ever stopped using it. I think I"m a sucker for marketing and fancy packaging, and I always want to try the latest and greatest product.....but Complex 15 is my go-to moisturizer. It's a very light moisturizer, perfect for normal-dry skin. In my teen years, when I broke out, I also used this moistuirzer with success. It's so light -- it seems water-based. (But I don't know enough about skin care products/chemicals, so who knows if it's really water-based. It's light -- that's all I know.) I wish they made a version with SPF.

Like one other poster, I'm always afraid it's going to be discontinued, so I usually buy CVS out when I see it there.

on 3/18/2008 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i loved this lotion when i first bought it. it was thin and extremely easily spreadable. it felt great going on, and absorbed quickly. it seemed to help keep my acne at bay without being too greasy or too drying. after a while i realized it simply wasn't hydrating enough. after a longer while i realized it wasn't keeping my acne at bay, either. i gave this 3 lippies, since there's nothing terribly wrong with it, but it's not that impressive to me anymore, either. i'm finishing it up on my body but won't re-purchase.

Popular Body Skincare Products