November 27, 2014 | 1548 users online

Eye Shadow - Ruby Kisses - LUXE Colour Single Eyeshadow Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really liked the idea of this product. I especially liked the palette with mirror and the cutouts at the back, enabling one to see the chades of eyeshadow in the palette. I very much like the range of colors and finishes and the color payoff.

However, the palette concept needs some work as it can be very difficult to open. Also, the wear on these shadows is disappointing. I used my favorite eye primer and these shadows creased so badly I couldn't stand it. There was also noticeable fading within four hours. I can do better than this, even with ds eyeshadows. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I came across this little gem in a beauty supply store in Virginia. I thought it would be neat to make my own cheap little palette. The individual shadows were about .99 cents ant the 4 pan palette was 2.99 ( approx.).

So I bought 3 palettes and 12 individual shadows. As I put the shadows in the palettes I swatched them just to see what they were about. I was so amazed at the color pay off. I mean like MAC quality payoff. And the shadows are so big! You get a lot of product for a little bit of money.

I was so impressed I went back and bought another 4 pan palette and 4 more individual shadows. I'm going to try to upload some pictures of my palettes.

The ONLY issue I have with these shadows is that there are not a lot of matte colors. Most of the colors are shimmer and satin-y ( maybe semi-matte).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awesome that i found this at my local beauty supply store and I'm really impressed by the quality of this product. Displayed was a tower of about 20 individual palette eye shadows (priced at $1.29 each) that can be placed in a mirrored 4 palette holder for $3.

I didn't expect much payoff, but I was surprisingly wrong! The eye shadows are extremely pigmented, and creamy. The quality is quite nice, no fallout and not transparent or chalky. The eyeshadow quality much better than coastal scents and bh i do use base with them because my eyelids r oily.. but it last all day

I posted a picture of the four colors, on my youtube channel -fearless femme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The eyeshadows come as singles for $.99. The palette has four open spaces for you to make a custom eye shadow palette. I get both items at my local beauty supply. The empty palette case was $2.99. Of course the display only had room for three or four palettes so that part of the display empties first and stays empty as it only would take one or two people to buy them all.

The palette is made of a relatively sturdy plastic with square openings for the shadows to be placed. No magnets at all - the shadows just pop in securely into the holes. Smart of the company to make a palette that only fits there shadows. There is a large mirror (quite useful if you actually want to see a large portion of your face for touch ups). I typically don't touch up my face, however, I am glad they did not waste the space on a sliver of a non functional mirror or omitting it altogether like some companies do.

The shadows are amazingly pigmented and surprisingly NOT powdery. For 99 cents each, they are an absolute steal! You get approximately 2.5g of product. The colors range is extensive and runs from neutrals to smokey colors to extreme brights. The individual shadows come in a very secure, sealed plastic blister package. Because I purchased more shadows than I have palettes - I just keep the shadows in the original packaging and open the flap when I want to use the shadow not in the palette. Customizing your own eyeshadow palette is very fun and makes it worth while so you are only buying the shadows you know you will use.

The shadows wear for a very long time. I always use an eyeshadow primer and these last all day for me. The colors are true to the package and they apply smoothly and blend like a dream. I can use a variety of shadow brands without issue (I am allergic to MAC shadows for some reason - itching and irritation - not sure what ingredient is causing the problem). Anyway, I have no issues with the Ruby Kisses Luxe shadows. As a matter of fact, I can't even feel them at all and are very comfortable to wear. I love them, am extremely pleased with the purchase and highly recommend to anyone that is able to find them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I found this little treasure at my local beauty supply store and I'm really impressed by the quality of this product. Displayed was a tower of about 20 individual palette eye shadows (priced at $1.29 each) that can be placed in a mirrored 4 palette holder for $3.

I didn't expect much payoff, but I was surprisingly wrong! The eye shadows are extremely pigmented, and creamy. Unfortunately there were no matte selections to choose from, only shimmer, but not overly shimmer or sparkly. The quality is quite nice, no fallout and not transparent or chalky. The eyeshadow quality much better than coastal scents, and at the moment I'd say more like MAC. (I have to wear it for a few hours to make sure about that.) I have deep complexion (NC45 liquid) and the colors look as is from the package, which is impressive, no primer necessary to enhance the color.

I posted a picture of the four colors, Berry Mix (pinky-lavender), Dazzling Sand (rose gold), Center of Attention (Tangerine) and Tango Mama (Red-orange).

Lastly, most of the colors from the selection are quite vivid, for that reason, this is going to my teenage daughter. I'd love to see more neutral and matte colors. Overall - amazing bang for your buck!